USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings Empty
PostSubject: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 am

||USS Fenris
||Chief Counselor's Office

Lillian went to see Alyssa once the ship was in orbit of Betazed, knowing she needed to talk to her and see if she could convince her to stay and go with the science and medical teams. She wanted Alyssa to know that she was still welcome here and that Lillian really did value her opinion, now just wasn't the time to be technical about such things. Then again, Lillian still suspected this was about something else.

"I'm here to see Alyssa," Lillian told Alyssa's assistant without even bothering to sign in.

She was Captain and this was a pressing issue that she couldn't just skirt around--her Chief Counselor had up and quit no her and she had to find a way to make this right. So she rang the door chime on Alyssa's office door before she took a deep breath and opened it up, taking a step in and looking at the blonde with a sad smile on her face.

"I think you and I have some things to talk about," she told her kindly.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:18 am

||USS Fenris

Lillian went to see Alyssa once the ship was in orbit of Betazed, knowing she needed to talk to her and see if she could convince her to stay and go with the science and medical teams. She wanted Alyssa to know that she was still welcome here and that Lillian really did value her opinion, now just wasn't the time to be technical about such things. Then again, Lillian still suspected this was about something else.

"I'm here to see Alyssa," Lillian told Alyssa's assistant without even bothering to sign in.

She was Captain and this was a pressing issue that she couldn't just skirt around--her Chief Counselor had up and quit no her and she had to find a way to make this right. So she rang the door chime on Alyssa's office door before she took a deep breath and opened it up, taking a step in and looking at the blonde with a sad smile on her face.

Alyssa looked up, and nodded. "I know." She hadn't put either tennis ball away yet. "Sorry for the moving of furniture. I needed to use the wall. What subject would you like to talk about first?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:54 am

||USS Fenris

Alyssa looked up, and nodded. "I know." She hadn't put either tennis ball away yet. "Sorry for the moving of furniture. I needed to use the wall. What subject would you like to talk about first?"

"It's your office--you can do what you want with it," Lillian told her with a kind smile, taking a seat and shrugging a little bit. "Anything you want to talk about. Obviously we need to talk about the briefing, but we also both know that there's something else going on here...with both of us. I think we should discuss those two if you're up to it."

Lillian looked at her baby bump before she looked back up at Alyssa and took a deep breath to calm herself down a little. There was a lot to process and the two of them needed this time to talk about things and Lillian hoped that things would go well because it was obvious that they both needed this.

"You're the counselor...what should we start with?" she asked slowly.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:07 am

||USS Fenris

"It's your office--you can do what you want with it," Lillian told her with a kind smile, taking a seat and shrugging a little bit. "Anything you want to talk about. Obviously we need to talk about the briefing, but we also both know that there's something else going on here...with both of us. I think we should discuss those two if you're up to it."

Lillian looked at her baby bump before she looked back up at Alyssa and took a deep breath to calm herself down a little. There was a lot to process and the two of them needed this time to talk about things and Lillian hoped that things would go well because it was obvious that they both needed this.

Alyssa nodded. "If you don't mind, I would like to discuss my request that I made. It kind of has to do with what's going on with me. Then we can discuss what's going on with you then the rest of the briefing. Sound good?"

Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 am

||USS Fenris

Alyssa nodded. "If you don't mind, I would like to discuss my request that I made. It kind of has to do with what's going on with me. Then we can discuss what's going on with you then the rest of the briefing. Sound good?"

"Sounds good to me," Lillian agreed with a small nod.

She had no problems with Alyssa starting them off because it was pretty clear she had something on her mind that was bothering her. Besides, it would be good to get to know her Chief Counselor better as Lillian really didn't know any of her Senior Officers like she would have liked to. They really needed to do something like bowling or dancing together when this mission was over. Dancing. That was a really good idea.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 am

||USS Fenris

She had no problems with Alyssa starting them off because it was pretty clear she had something on her mind that was bothering her. Besides, it would be good to get to know her Chief Counselor better as Lillian really didn't know any of her Senior Officers like she would have liked to. They really needed to do something like bowling or dancing together when this mission was over. Dancing. That was a really good idea.

"I know you know both my cousins. Well, Darien told me about the mission where Taylpr was left. He blames Lars. Sad, but true. I know Darien isn't that smart when it comes to hiding behind something, and firing at the enemy. I want to be away from Lars because Darien got me to promise to beat the crap out of him if I got the chance. I don't want to do that. I believe in giving everyone second chances, plus I don't know Lars as well as everyone else does." Alyssa breathed. "That brings me to the whole up and quitting. I may have caught up on my work, but it's not my mine. I know that doesn't make sense. You and I both know that this is Lydia's position and that she should be here doing it. I've been doing this position longer, but I've got other skills where Lydia really doesn't. I'm getting attach to this position, when I know that I shouldn't. Which is why I quit. Lydia needs the position, I don't."

Alyssa was trying to be calm, but finding it hard. She needed to to pick up one of the balls, and just throw it a few times; she knew better to do so unless really angry. Arguing was one of the few things, she didn't want or like doing. Alyssa just took a deep breath and reminded herself to keep breathing.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:29 am

||USS Fenris

"I know you know both my cousins. Well, Darien told me about the mission where Taylor was left. He blames Lars. Sad, but true. I know Darien isn't that smart when it comes to hiding behind something, and firing at the enemy. I want to be away from Lars because Darien got me to promise to beat the crap out of him if I got the chance. I don't want to do that. I believe in giving everyone second chances, plus I don't know Lars as well as everyone else does." Alyssa breathed. "That brings me to the whole up and quitting. I may have caught up on my work, but it's not my mine. I know that doesn't make sense. You and I both know that this is Lydia's position and that she should be here doing it. I've been doing this position longer, but I've got other skills where Lydia really doesn't. I'm getting attached to this position when I know that I shouldn't. Which is why I quit. Lydia needs the position, I don't."

Alyssa was trying to be calm, but finding it hard. She needed to to pick up one of the balls, and just throw it a few times; she knew better to do so unless really angry. Arguing was one of the few things, she didn't want or like doing. Alyssa just took a deep breath and reminded herself to keep breathing.

"Darien isn't the only one that blames Lars--I blamed him for a while too." Lillian admitted slowly as she moved a little in her chair. "At the end of the day there was an explosion and a decision had to be made and Lars left...no one had any reason to believe that Taylor had survived the blast and while I did, my Imzadi was out there and I just knew that he was even when the rest of them told me that Taylor was dead. I understand your cousin wanting Lars to be taught a lesson but I also admire that you think he deserves a second chance because he does...everyone does. I know that Lars is glad that Taylor is alive even though I'm sure part of it is because he doesn't have to look out for me anymore."

Lillian mulled over the next little bit before speaking. "What I want from you is to relax and do whatever it is that you need to do, to do that. You're no use to anyone stressed out, trust me on that--in fact you told me when we met that I needed to relax and it's sound counseling advice. I should know because I did two years of counseling in the Academy and it's practically rule number one when dealing with a patient. Next, I want you to un-quit until Lydia gets back and then you can have the pick of whatever position you want because this is where I think you belong. It's the chance for a new start and after what we've been through with Doclin, a new start is exactly what we need. Have a life, Alyssa. Do what you're best at and let everything else go. Try to make this your home, unless you're truly dead set on leaving. There's room here for you and Lydia."
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 am

||USS Fenris

"I know you know both my cousins. Well, Darien told me about the mission where Taylor was left. He blames Lars. Sad, but true. I know Darien isn't that smart when it comes to hiding behind something, and firing at the enemy. I want to be away from Lars because Darien got me to promise to beat the crap out of him if I got the chance. I don't want to do that. I believe in giving everyone second chances, plus I don't know Lars as well as everyone else does." Alyssa breathed. "That brings me to the whole up and quitting. I may have caught up on my work, but it's not my mine. I know that doesn't make sense. You and I both know that this is Lydia's position and that she should be here doing it. I've been doing this position longer, but I've got other skills where Lydia really doesn't. I'm getting attached to this position when I know that I shouldn't. Which is why I quit. Lydia needs the position, I don't."

"Darien isn't the only one that blames Lars--I blamed him for a while too." Lillian admitted slowly as she moved a little in her chair. "At the end of the day there was an explosion and a decision had to be made and Lars left...no one had any reason to believe that Taylor had survived the blast and while I did, my Imzadi was out there and I just knew that he was even when the rest of them told me that Taylor was dead. I understand your cousin wanting Lars to be taught a lesson but I also admire that you think he deserves a second chance because he does...everyone does. I know that Lars is glad that Taylor is alive even though I'm sure part of it is because he doesn't have to look out for me anymore."

Lillian mulled over the next little bit before speaking. "What I want from you is to relax and do whatever it is that you need to do, to do that. You're no use to anyone stressed out, trust me on that--in fact you told me when we met that I needed to relax and it's sound counseling advice. I should know because I did two years of counseling in the Academy and it's practically rule number one when dealing with a patient. Next, I want you to un-quit until Lydia gets back and then you can have the pick of whatever position you want because this is where I think you belong. It's the chance for a new start and after what we've been through with Doclin, a new start is exactly what we need. Have a life, Alyssa. Do what you're best at and let everything else go. Try to make this your home, unless you're truly dead set on leaving. There's room here for you and Lydia."

"I'm fine really. Wait, forgot that you can sense my feelings and read my thoughts." Alyssa responded, picking up one of the balls and tossing it between her hands. "I'm not dead set on leaving. I promised that I wouldn't. The me and Lydia both being here, the ship will become a battle slash playground. We get along, but get too carried away with our pranks. I'll un-quit, on the condition that I be left alone to sleep after this mission. I understand that everyone has issues and we don't know when they come up. I'm there whenever someone needs me, but it's been ridicule the last few weeks. Plus if I don't un-quit, I'll be completely bored."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 am

||USS Fenris

"I'm fine really. Wait, forgot that you can sense my feelings and read my thoughts." Alyssa responded, picking up one of the balls and tossing it between her hands. "I'm not dead set on leaving. I promised that I wouldn't. The me and Lydia both being here, the ship will become a battle slash playground. We get along, but get too carried away with our pranks. I'll un-quit, on the condition that I be left alone to sleep after this mission. I understand that everyone has issues and we don't know when they come up. I'm there whenever someone needs me, but it's been ridicule the last few weeks. Plus if I don't un-quit, I'll be completely bored."

Lillian smiled at Alyssa as Alyssa began to bounce the ball and thought over what it was that wanted to say before she said it out loud. At this point anything could be taken the wrong way and Lillian wanted to stay away from such things because it just stressed everybody out. She wanted this whole thing to run smoothly because it was the most important mission she'd ever been assigned.

"I try to keep my mind reading to myself, though you won't find another Betazoid who would ever do that." Lillian said with a small smile. "I can't, however, turn off sensing your feelings and I always know when people lie--that's something I was cursed with. This place could use some livening up so feel free to stay when she comes back and I really would like you on this mission. I have other counselors, but you're my Chief here and this is something I would rather you handle. I need the best on this mission, regardless of personal vendettas. This is about a planet...the individuals will have to work through whatever they need to and at the end of it all, they still have people to come to for guidance and that's what's important. You can have whatever time you need, as much of it after this is all finished...just please un-quit. Betazed could really use you. Think about it. Shuttle leaves at no later than 1550."
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm

||USS Fenris

Lillian smiled at Alyssa as Alyssa began to bounce the ball and thought over what it was that wanted to say before she said it out loud. At this point anything could be taken the wrong way and Lillian wanted to stay away from such things because it just stressed everybody out. She wanted this whole thing to run smoothly because it was the most important mission she'd ever been assigned.

"I try to keep my mind reading to myself, though you won't find another Betazoid who would ever do that." Lillian said with a small smile. "I can't, however, turn off sensing your feelings and I always know when people lie--that's something I was cursed with. This place could use some livening up so feel free to stay when she comes back and I really would like you on this mission. I have other counselors, but you're my Chief here and this is something I would rather you handle. I need the best on this mission, regardless of personal vendettas. This is about a planet...the individuals will have to work through whatever they need to and at the end of it all, they still have people to come to for guidance and that's what's important. You can have whatever time you need, as much of it after this is all finished...just please un-quit. Betazed could really use you. Think about it. Shuttle leaves at no later than 1550."

"I'll be there." Alyssa nodded. "Other than this is your home planet, I can tell that something is bothering you. We can talk about it later, since there's a mission to be done. I'll see you on the surface."

Alyssa hoped she was doing the right thing. She had an unsettling feeling about this mission. Now, she had to face it and pray for everyone's safety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings   Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lilly/Alyssa - Clearing up Misunderstandings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Mission Center :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: