USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss Empty
PostSubject: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:16 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Lillian sighed loudly as she paced around her Ready Room after signaling for Marlo to come and talk to her because she really needed her there. Marlo had a way of making Lillian feel like she had some sort of backbone and she really needed to make sure that she still had it. She was supposed to be the captain and that meant keeping everyone else in line--keeping herself in line.

After talking with Elena, it had just felt like she had been so incredibly blinded by her personal issues that she hadn't really thought about the right thing to do. The right thing to do would have been to make sure to actually be a captain unless in her quarters and then she got to be a mother and a fiancée--soon a mother and a wife. Until then, she had to focus more on her ship and her crew than on her relationships...she was getting too soft.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:10 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Lillian sighed loudly as she paced around her Ready Room after signaling for Marlo to come and talk to her because she really needed her there. Marlo had a way of making Lillian feel like she had some sort of backbone and she really needed to make sure that she still had it. She was supposed to be the captain and that meant keeping everyone else in line--keeping herself in line.

After talking with Elena, it had just felt like she had been so incredibly blinded by her personal issues that she hadn't really thought about the right thing to do. The right thing to do would have been to make sure to actually be a captain unless in her quarters and then she got to be a mother and a fiancée--soon a mother and a wife. Until then, she had to focus more on her ship and her crew than on her relationships...she was getting too soft.

"What is it, Lilly-sir?" Marlo asked, as the ready room doors closed behind her.

She was hoping that the 'sir' made Lillian feel more like a captain, however Marlo also just thought that Lilly-sir sounded fun to say. Lillian rarely actually called Marlo into the captain's ready room unless she had something big on her mind--the two of them usually just talked wherever they happened to be. So Marlo braced herself for whatever reality was demanding of her. She'd rise to the occasion.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"What is it, Lilly-sir?" Marlo asked, as the ready room doors closed behind her.

She was hoping that the 'sir' made Lillian feel more like a captain, however Marlo also just thought that Lilly-sir sounded fun to say. Lillian rarely actually called Marlo into the Captain's Ready Room unless she had something big on her mind--the two of them usually just talked wherever they happened to be. So Marlo braced herself for whatever reality was demanding of her. She'd rise to the occasion.

"I don't think I'm being the best Captain that I can be--and stop adding 'sir' to my name, I hate it." Lillian told her, pointing a finger at her sternly and yet playfully. "Just sit down and help me out here because I'm having a really tough time trying to figure out what I need to do. Elena and I talked today and it was hard and it was painful, but I got through it and now I wonder...what am I doing wrong?"

Lillian always asked Marlo these kinds of things because they'd known each other for so long that they were close enough to talk about anything. She and Marlo had been through a lot together and they would always be best friends and now they were the Captain and the First Officer and they needed to get through this too. What Lillian was doing in this position of power affected Marlo and everyone else on the ship and she needed to know that what she was doing was right.

"I mean I have to be doing something wrong--that last Senior Briefing was a catastrophe and I need to gain their respect." Lillian sighed loudly.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

She was hoping that the 'sir' made Lillian feel more like a captain, however Marlo also just thought that Lilly-sir sounded fun to say. Lillian rarely actually called Marlo into the Captain's Ready Room unless she had something big on her mind--the two of them usually just talked wherever they happened to be. So Marlo braced herself for whatever reality was demanding of her. She'd rise to the occasion.

"I don't think I'm being the best Captain that I can be--and stop adding 'sir' to my name, I hate it." Lillian told her, pointing a finger at her sternly and yet playfully. "Just sit down and help me out here because I'm having a really tough time trying to figure out what I need to do. Elena and I talked today and it was hard and it was painful, but I got through it and now I wonder...what am I doing wrong?"

Lillian always asked Marlo these kinds of things because they'd known each other for so long that they were close enough to talk about anything. She and Marlo had been through a lot together and they would always be best friends and now they were the Captain and the First Officer and they needed to get through this too. What Lillian was doing in this position of power affected Marlo and everyone else on the ship and she needed to know that what she was doing was right.

"I mean I have to be doing something wrong--that last Senior Briefing was a catastrophe and I need to gain their respect." Lillian sighed loudly.

"That was terrible...However that wasn't Taylor's place; he was out of line. When your superiors give you an order and you have a problem with it, you cannot trample over it when they are trying to get something done--he should have saved his opinion until there was no one else around. I think he may think that being your fiancé gives him that right but it doesn't. Besides you may be very devoted and professional when you're on duty, but you haven't placed any--what's the human vernacular for it? Fraternization?--regulations on the rest of the crew. Remember how Captain Atreides made it so that if we were in uniform, we couldn't discuss anything personal? You don't have to go that far, but make it so that if one or both parties or on duty, there can be no personal discussions. We need them focused, not picturing the other person naked."

Marlo was surprised at how vulgar that had come out. She'd meant what she said...but hadn't meant to say it like that.

"And I like adding sir to the end of your name. Would you prefer ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:05 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"That was terrible...However that wasn't Taylor's place; he was out of line. When your superiors give you an order and you have a problem with it, you cannot trample over it when they are trying to get something done--he should have saved his opinion until there was no one else around. I think he may think that being your fiancé gives him that right but it doesn't. Besides you may be very devoted and professional when you're on duty, but you haven't placed any--what's the human vernacular for it? Fraternization?--regulations on the rest of the crew. Remember how Captain Atreides made it so that if we were in uniform, we couldn't discuss anything personal? You don't have to go that far, but make it so that if one or both parties or on duty, there can be no personal discussions. We need them focused, not picturing the other person naked."

Marlo was surprised at how vulgar that had come out. She'd meant what she said...but hadn't meant to say it like that.

"I'd prefer you call me 'Lilly'," Lillian told her as she pushed on her shoulder playfully. "However, I think you're onto something. I've been very good about keeping my romantic and flirty relationship behind our Quarter doors even though everyone knows about it, and I think others should do that too. Maybe they shouldn't be in uniform when off duty...that way the whole flirting and dating thing can be done totally on their own time and not reflect on Starfleet. We were given these uniforms for a reason, so...we should enforce the rules and protect it. I also think that the Mess Hall and the Holodeck should be the dating places...that and the quarters obviously, but nowhere else and again, out of duty uniform. What do you think? I just want my crew to respect my authority."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"I'd prefer you call me 'Lilly'," Lillian told her as she pushed on her shoulder playfully. "However, I think you're onto something. I've been very good about keeping my romantic and flirty relationship behind our Quarter doors even though everyone knows about it, and I think others should do that too. Maybe they shouldn't be in uniform when off duty...that way the whole flirting and dating thing can be done totally on their own time and not reflect on Starfleet. We were given these uniforms for a reason, so...we should enforce the rules and protect it. I also think that the Mess Hall and the Holodeck should be the dating places...that and the quarters obviously, but nowhere else and again, out of duty uniform. What do you think? I just want my crew to respect my authority."

"Now how would that look to the rest of the crew? They have all these limiting rules, and I still get to call my commanding officer Lilly? How unprofessional, sir. The gym, the Holodeck, possibly the botanical bay, and the mess hall; and no uniforms, sounds like a plan. And I shall be your whip, sir." Marlo laughed.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"Now how would that look to the rest of the crew? They have all these limiting rules, and I still get to call my commanding officer 'Lilly'? How unprofessional, sir. The gym, the Holodeck, possibly the botanical bay, and the mess hall; and no uniforms, sounds like a plan. And I shall be your whip, Sir." Marlo laughed.

"You are impossible," Lillian laughed too because she was not winning this battle. "Alright, you can be my whip and Taylor can be my chariot--for some reason I picture him being the wheels that crush people. I think that if we go ahead and write these rules out, we can distribute them to the senior officers and then makes sure that everyone understands the rules. I will be cracking down hard on all of this."

She smiled at Marlo and leaned back in her chair as she ran her fingers along her stomach. "Will you be Godmother again? I really want you to be the Godmother of this child too and I really want you to be a bridesmaid again because it wouldn't be the same without you, Marlo. So...what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"Now how would that look to the rest of the crew? They have all these limiting rules, and I still get to call my commanding officer 'Lilly'? How unprofessional, sir. The gym, the Holodeck, possibly the botanical bay, and the mess hall; and no uniforms, sounds like a plan. And I shall be your whip, Sir." Marlo laughed.

"You are impossible," Lillian laughed too because she was not winning this battle. "Alright, you can be my whip and Taylor can be my chariot--for some reason I picture him being the wheels that crush people. I think that if we go ahead and write these rules out, we can distribute them to the senior officers and then makes sure that everyone understands the rules. I will be cracking down hard on all of this."

She smiled at Marlo and leaned back in her chair as she ran her fingers along her stomach. "Will you be Godmother again? I really want you to be the Godmother of this child too and I really want you to be a bridesmaid again because it wouldn't be the same without you, Marlo. So...what do you say?"

"I already assumed I was both of those things--was I wrong, sir?" Marlo winked, as she turned to leave the ready room. "Of course. However, can I stay in the blanket this time?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:15 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"I already assumed I was both of those things--was I wrong, sir?" Marlo winked, as she turned to leave the ready room. "Of course. However, can I stay in the blanket this time?"

Lillian laughed a little bit and shook her head, "You need to be stark nude up there with the rest of us. Just remember, the audience will be literally in their birthday suits as well, Marlo. Everyone will be naked--the guests, the wedding party, me and Taylor, the judiciary...speaking of which, can your dad maybe do it this time? I would love for my second dad to marry me."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:58 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Lillian laughed a little bit and shook her head, "You need to be stark nude up there with the rest of us. Just remember, the audience will be literally in their birthday suits as well, Marlo. Everyone will be naked--the guests, the wedding party, me and Taylor, the judiciary...speaking of which, can your dad maybe do it this time? I would love for my second dad to marry me."

"I can ask him, but he was uncomfortable at you first wedding like me...he may decline." Marlo said.

She was certain her father wouldn't refuse, even though Bajorans weren't fond of nudity in public. She knew Lillian knew this too, however if her dad couldn't get away, she didn't want her best friend to be crushed. Her dad was after all the religious head of an entire planet.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"I can ask him, but he was uncomfortable at you first wedding like me...he may decline." Marlo said.

She was certain her father wouldn't refuse, even though Bajorans weren't fond of nudity in public. She knew Lillian knew this too, however if her dad couldn't get away, she didn't want her best friend to be crushed. Her dad was after all the religious head of an entire planet.

"I know he is," Lillian nodded, "but it won't hurt to ask. Now go be my whip while I get some paperwork taken care of alright?"

Lillian playfully shooed Marlo out of her Ready Room with a smile on her face, glad to have gotten to talk to her best friend, almost sister. The two of them were so close and Lillian knew she needed to crack down when it came to command because something was wrong and she knew it. She was too nice or too lenient or something but it had to stop--she had to gain her crew members' respect.

(Done?)
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm

finito good buddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss   Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lilly/Marlo - Becoming a Boss
Page 1 of 1