Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:26 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

Clan in his armour, his face dirty from the sweat that had almost bathed him during th defusing of the Bio-Weapon, Gabe alone in the common room of the medic centre they'd landed at. He sat back, his head leant back and his eyes closed.

He took a drink from the steaming cup of tea that sat on the table beside him as he rubbed his ached neck. He wasn't ready to return to the ship, the events of the day had taken more out of him then he'd thought and at the minute he wasn't up to much. He needed a rest and time to clear his mind before he returned and met Marissa , he wanted to be in the best frame of mind otherwise he was worried he'd just ruin the night and that wasn't something he wanted to do.

Last edited by Gabriel Sharpe on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:49 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

Clan in his armour, his face dirty from the sweat that had almost bathed him during th defusing of the Bio-Weapon, Gabe alone in the common room of the medic centre they'd landed at. He sat back, his head leant back and his eyes closed.

He took a drink from the steaming cup of tea that sat on the table beside him as he rubbed his ached neck. He wasn't ready to return to the ship, the events of the day had taken more out of him then he'd thought and at the minute he wasn't up to much. He needed a rest and time to clear his mind before he returned and met Marissa , he wanted to be in the best frame of mind otherwise he was worried he'd just ruin the night and that wasn't something he wanted to do.

Kara was getting ready to finally go home when she passed the room that Gabe was in and decided to go ahead and stop. She never gave up on those in need and she had a feeling that talking to strangers about such events would be easier--less likely to judge and you wouldn't have to face them again. So she walked in with a warm smile on her face and took a deep breath.

"Hey there," she greeted him pleasantly.

View user profile http://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:04 pm

|Betazed
||TBA

Kara was getting ready to finally go home when she passed the room that Gabe was in and decided to go ahead and stop. She never gave up on those in need and she had a feeling that talking to strangers about such events would be easier--less likely to judge and you wouldn't have to face them again. So she walked in with a warm smile on her face and took a deep breath.

Opening his eyes at the sound of the greeting, Gabe slowly sat upright, "Ah Evening Ma'am." He said, giving Kara a tired smile, "Sorry i fancied a rest and this was the best place i could think of."

He rubbed his beard, God even my beard aches, he thought as he stood up and offered Kara his hand, "Lt Commander Gabriel Sharpe, USS Fenris."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

Clan in his armour, his face dirty from the sweat that had almost bathed him during the defusing of the Bio-Weapon, Gabe alone in the common room of the medic centre they'd landed at. He sat back, his head leant back and his eyes closed.

Opening his eyes at the sound of the greeting, Gabe slowly sat upright, "Ah Evening Ma'am." He said, giving Kara a tired smile, "Sorry i fancied a rest and this was the best place i could think of."

He rubbed his beard, God even my beard aches, he thought as he stood up and offered Kara his hand, "Lt Commander Gabriel Sharpe, USS Fenris."

Kara shook his hand and smiled as she waved it off. "You're always welcome here. I'm a good listener and an even better doctor, promise. You look like you could get something off of your chest."

She really did enjoy helping people and the man looked like he could use an ear to talk off about one thing or another and she took that moment to skim his surface thoughts. Kara thought it would be good to keep him happy...especially given his job on the Fenris. Lillian would never forgive her if she heard that she had had the chance to help one of her crew members and she hadn't.

Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:33 am

||Betazed
||TBA

Clan in his armour, his face dirty from the sweat that had almost bathed him during the defusing of the Bio-Weapon, Gabe alone in the common room of the medic centre they'd landed at. He sat back, his head leant back and his eyes closed.

Kara shook his hand and smiled as she waved it off. "You're always welcome here. I'm a good listener and an even better doctor, promise. You look like you could get something off of your chest."

She really did enjoy helping people and the man looked like he could use an ear to talk off about one thing or another and she took that moment to skim his surface thoughts. Kara thought it would be good to keep him happy...especially given his job on the Fenris. Lillian would never forgive her if she heard that she had had the chance to help one of her crew members and she hadn't.

"I could do with getting outta this armour but at this stage i think it's the only thing keeping the smell of sweat in." He said, then shook his head, "Sorry that sounded stupid."

He grabbed his cup again and drained what was left. "I'm on a little bit of a loose end i think, Marissa headed back to the Fenris and i'm too busy going over past events to really think clearly." He stared out of the window at the backdrop of Betazed in the early evening,"That and it's been nearly a decade since i last saw that." He pointed to the sunset, "Ya have yaself a beautiful planet here, kinda wish i'd thought about talking Marissa into coming down here later, but that too would fell a little weird." He chuckled slightly to himself, "It's actually kinda funny how this whole situation brings back memories."

Rubbed his beard again as he thought, a habit he'd picked up shortly after growing it he turned back to Kara. "i'm just glad everything worked out as it did... even the past. Gave me hell for 10 years." He smiled as he thought of Marissa, "But it was worth it... just wish i'd have known that 10 years ago."

"Ya know ya Betazoid's are far to good at catching me in an interspective mood and getting me to go on and on. Lil managed that trick within 5 minutes of me meeting her. I think i need to work on my mental discipline. I'm guessing by now ya've already done a surface scan." He smiled, "Find anything good?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:05 am

||Betazed
||TBA

"I could do with getting outta this armour but at this stage i think it's the only thing keeping the smell of sweat in." He said, then shook his head, "Sorry that sounded stupid."

He grabbed his cup again and drained what was left. "I'm on a little bit of a loose end I think, Marissa headed back to the Fenris and I'm too busy going over past events to really think clearly." He stared out of the window at the backdrop of Betazed in the early evening,"That and it's been nearly a decade since I last saw that." He pointed to the sunset, "Ya have yaself a beautiful planet here, kinda wish I'd thought about talking Marissa into coming down here later, but that too would fell a little weird." He chuckled slightly to himself, "It's actually kinda funny how this whole situation brings back memories."

Rubbed his beard again as he thought, a habit he'd picked up shortly after growing it he turned back to Kara. "I'm just glad everything worked out as it did...even the past. Gave me hell for 10 years." He smiled as he thought of Marissa, "But it was worth it...just wish I'd have known that 10 years ago."

"Ya know ya Betazoids are far to good at catching me in an interspective mood and getting me to go on and on. Lill managed that trick within 5 minutes of me meeting her. I think I need to work on my mental discipline. I'm guessing by now ya've already done a surface scan." He smiled, "Find anything good?"

Kara laughed a little bit. "I think that remembering the past is important and I think that after everything you deserve to have someone to go back to."

She smiled at Gabe and took a seat, looking at him and making sure that he knew that she honestly wanted to be there for him. Kara was no stranger to having to deal with things and she kind of liked that Gabe seemed like such a good person. She wanted to help him and she wanted him to understand that she thought that he was truly one of the best.

"Betazed is one of those places--beautiful and thought provoking. The last time you were here...did you at least enjoy yourself? Ten years ago was after the Occupation of Betazed so you have memories post the Dominion War here...did a lady catch your eye?" Kara asked him.

Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

He grabbed his cup again and drained what was left. "I'm on a little bit of a loose end I think, Marissa headed back to the Fenris and I'm too busy going over past events to really think clearly." He stared out of the window at the backdrop of Betazed in the early evening,"That and it's been nearly a decade since I last saw that." He pointed to the sunset, "Ya have yaself a beautiful planet here, kinda wish I'd thought about talking Marissa into coming down here later, but that too would fell a little weird." He chuckled slightly to himself, "It's actually kinda funny how this whole situation brings back memories."

Rubbed his beard again as he thought, a habit he'd picked up shortly after growing it he turned back to Kara. "I'm just glad everything worked out as it did...even the past. Gave me hell for 10 years." He smiled as he thought of Marissa, "But it was worth it...just wish I'd have known that 10 years ago."

"Ya know ya Betazoids are far to good at catching me in an interspective mood and getting me to go on and on. Lill managed that trick within 5 minutes of me meeting her. I think I need to work on my mental discipline. I'm guessing by now ya've already done a surface scan." He smiled, "Find anything good?"

Kara laughed a little bit. "I think that remembering the past is important and I think that after everything you deserve to have someone to go back to."

She smiled at Gabe and took a seat, looking at him and making sure that he knew that she honestly wanted to be there for him. Kara was no stranger to having to deal with things and she kind of liked that Gabe seemed like such a good person. She wanted to help him and she wanted him to understand that she thought that he was truly one of the best.

"Betazed is one of those places--beautiful and thought provoking. The last time you were here...did you at least enjoy yourself? Ten years ago was after the Occupation of Betazed so you have memories post the Dominion War here...did a lady catch your eye?" Kara asked him.

Gabe said nothing for a minute, thinking carefully about his answer. "Something like that aye. A Betazoid woman i served with back then. We went our seperate ways years ago, She since found her Imzadi and married. We spent 2 weeks here on her family farm. Nice place, even though i spent most of the time repairing the place... even the parts that weren't broken."

"But that's the past, I've got over that part and moved on." Gabe crossed his arms across his chest. "it's just that it's been a long time since i worked on a bomb, setting up or defusing. Didn't exactly go well last time and frankly being called on for this mission worried the crap outta me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

Gabe said nothing for a minute, thinking carefully about his answer. "Something like that aye. A Betazoid woman I served with back then. We went our separate ways years ago; she since found her Imzadi and married. We spent 2 weeks here on her family farm. Nice place, even though I spent most of the time repairing the place... even the parts that weren't broken."

"But that's the past, I've got over that part and moved on." Gabe crossed his arms across his chest. "it's just that it's been a long time since I worked on a bomb, setting up or defusing. Didn't exactly go well last time and frankly being called on for this mission worried the crap outta me."

"I can understand that," Kara told him gently with a small squeeze to his arm. "Things like this are always hard emotionally and I want more than anything to make sure that you are alright. So...how are you feeling, really? Shaken up? Just kind of drained? Do you have someone to go back to that you can trust to hold you close and let you know it's all okay? Because believe me, that works wonders."

Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:09 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

Gabe said nothing for a minute, thinking carefully about his answer. "Something like that aye. A Betazoid woman I served with back then. We went our separate ways years ago; she since found her Imzadi and married. We spent 2 weeks here on her family farm. Nice place, even though I spent most of the time repairing the place... even the parts that weren't broken."

"But that's the past, I've got over that part and moved on." Gabe crossed his arms across his chest. "it's just that it's been a long time since I worked on a bomb, setting up or defusing. Didn't exactly go well last time and frankly being called on for this mission worried the crap outta me."

"I can understand that," Kara told him gently with a small squeeze to his arm. "Things like this are always hard emotionally and I want more than anything to make sure that you are alright. So...how are you feeling, really? Shaken up? Just kind of drained? Do you have someone to go back to that you can trust to hold you close and let you know it's all okay? Because believe me, that works wonders."

"Drained, tired, releaved, you name it." He replied, rubbing his temples, "As for that special someone, I'm taking time to try and relax, take stock before i head back up to the ship. I don't wanna ruin things this early and past experiences tell me i habit of 'sticking my foot in it' as it were."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:48 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

"Drained, tired, relieved, you name it." He replied, rubbing his temples, "As for that special someone, I'm taking time to try and relax, take stock before I head back up to the ship. I don't wanna ruin things this early and past experiences tell me i habit of 'sticking my foot in it' as it were."

Kara smiled at him and did a few scans just to make sure that physically he was going to be alright, glad that he had someone to go home to. She knew that her life wouldn't be nearly as fruitful without Leonard and the kids and she wanted to make sure that everyone else lived out their potentials to be happy as well. So, she took a deep breath and sat down next to him.

"I think that the best thing to do here is remember that you're alive and take deep breaths," Kara said with a gentle nod. "Everything happens the way its supposed to and you were a hero out there today--don't forget that."

Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

"Drained, tired, relieved, you name it." He replied, rubbing his temples, "As for that special someone, I'm taking time to try and relax, take stock before I head back up to the ship. I don't wanna ruin things this early and past experiences tell me i habit of 'sticking my foot in it' as it were."

Kara smiled at him and did a few scans just to make sure that physically he was going to be alright, glad that he had someone to go home to. She knew that her life wouldn't be nearly as fruitful without Leonard and the kids and she wanted to make sure that everyone else lived out their potentials to be happy as well. So, she took a deep breath and sat down next to him.

"I think that the best thing to do here is remember that you're alive and take deep breaths," Kara said with a gentle nod. "Everything happens the way its supposed to and you were a hero out there today--don't forget that."

"Words like 'hero' shouldn't be thrown around lightly, I'm just a man who did his job Doctor." Gabe replied matter of factly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

"Words like 'hero' shouldn't be thrown around lightly, I'm just a man who did his job Doctor." Gabe replied matter of factly.

"What you did today was heroic--you put yourself in danger potentially, to save an entire race. You put others before yourself and you did it without hesitation so never forget that. I'm not just throwing it around, I mean it."

She smiled at him sincerely because she honestly believed in him and what he did. He and the marines came to the aid of her people and some lost their lives to protect perfect strangers. There was nothing more noble and heroic than that as far as Kara was concerned.

Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:33 pm

||Betazed
||TBA

"What you did today was heroic--you put yourself in danger potentially, to save an entire race. You put others before yourself and you did it without hesitation so never forget that. I'm not just throwing it around, I mean it."

She smiled at him sincerely because she honestly believed in him and what he did. He and the marines came to the aid of her people and some lost their lives to protect perfect strangers. There was nothing more noble and heroic than that as far as Kara was concerned.

"Maybe." He conseded, "But anyone else with the skills needed could have done the job just as well as we did. We were just lucky it was the virus Lillian had come across before otherwise we'd have been lightyears away."

He returned to staring out of the window, "All of us were little more then pawns in a much bigger game and frankly i'm not liking the rules thus far."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 am

||Betazed
||TBA

"Maybe." He conceded, "But anyone else with the skills needed could have done the job just as well as we did. We were just lucky it was the virus Lillian had come across before otherwise we'd have been lightyears away."

He returned to staring out of the window, "All of us were little more then pawns in a much bigger game and frankly I'm not liking the rules thus far."

"Perhaps, but they didn't...you did," Kara told him as she stood up. "I think you should take this time to reflect and maybe talk to Lilly about regrouping. That sister-in-law of mine is something else--stubborn, very much so--but she listens to reason. I want this done and I want Lillian to accept help. You and Taylor might be the only options there. Still, rest right now. You can deal with the rest of it another day."

She rested her hand on his shoulder. "I just want you to relax and remember that today was a victory and enjoy the view. You only live once, so try to live life as positively as you possibly can and everything will be fine. It was nice to meet you, Gabe. I'm Kara Crae in case I forgot to introduce myself and I'm sure we'll see each other again at Lilly's and Taylor's wedding. Are you coming to both of them? The human one and the naked one?"

Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 pm

||Betazed

"Maybe." He conceded, "But anyone else with the skills needed could have done the job just as well as we did. We were just lucky it was the virus Lillian had come across before otherwise we'd have been lightyears away."

He returned to staring out of the window, "All of us were little more then pawns in a much bigger game and frankly I'm not liking the rules thus far."

"Perhaps, but they didn't...you did," Kara told him as she stood up. "I think you should take this time to reflect and maybe talk to Lilly about regrouping. That sister-in-law of mine is something else--stubborn, very much so--but she listens to reason. I want this done and I want Lillian to accept help. You and Taylor might be the only options there. Still, rest right now. You can deal with the rest of it another day."

She rested her hand on his shoulder. "I just want you to relax and remember that today was a victory and enjoy the view. You only live once, so try to live life as positively as you possibly can and everything will be fine. It was nice to meet you, Gabe. I'm Kara Crae in case I forgot to introduce myself and I'm sure we'll see each other again at Lilly's and Taylor's wedding. Are you coming to both of them? The human one and the naked one?"

"I knew there was a reason i was planning on hitting the gym. But yea i'll be there." he replied. He'd almost forgotten about Lillian and Taylor's wedding, "I think i'd best head back to the ship, still have a few things to do before i can relax. Thanks for the chat Kara, seems to have been what i needed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kara Aftereffects   

Back to top Go down

Gabe/Kara Aftereffects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Mission Center :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: