Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Building the Nest Omega Squad   Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm

||USS Fenris
||Omega Squad Rec-Room
||TBD

Three figures in green duty uniform and one in grey were going through the motions of decorating their new rec-room to make it more their style. It would be their place to clean gear, do briefings and relax between training simulations. Of course it gave them a place to cool off from the rest of the crew. They were more than marines assigned to a ship in order to protect it, they were the razor's edge, the best of the best. Two men were tacking up a red flag with the Omega symbol on it onto a wall.

Nayla was busy setting up comfortable chairs while Staff Sergeant Katri 'zh'Tar, an Andorian marksman, was getting five glasses and pouring in several fingers of whiskey into each. There wasn't much decoration planned but rather to get everyone acquainted and settled. A new ship and new posting was rather startling. Taylor and Dariak had finished with the flag and had stood back to admire their work.

"Looks good sir." said Dariak with a smile.

"Yeah, it does." replied Taylor to his lieutenant. "We're still awaiting our medic to arrive so I guess we'll have to sit tight and wait until she decides to show up."

Aria was finding herself feeling rather timid about all of this even though she knew that she could do this all rather easily. She was Borg and that meant that she needed more than anything to buck up and show them that she was the best of the best. Her talk with Lillian had gone rather well too and if she wanted to fit in so badly, then she needed to make more of an effort.

She walked into the room with her uniform on and her red hair pulled back out of her face, taking a deep breath and trying to smile. Aria knew from lessons on humanity and greetings that she needed to make it seem like she was friendly and receptive. So she walked into the room and smiled at them all, before she headed over to Dariak and Taylor, as this was Taylor's squad.

"Petty Officer 1st Class Aria Grey," she told him as she held out her right hand...the one without the Borg implants for them to shake.

Taking her hand and shaking it before letting go so Dariak could do the same Taylor nodded at the introduction. "Welcome on board petty officer. I'm Lieutenant Colonel Taylor Lucas commanding officer of Omega Squad, this here is 1st Lieutenant Dariak Sondag, executive officer of the same."

With the new arrival the two other female members began to shuffle closer to the scene before shaking Aria's hand and offering their own introductions.

"Staff Sergeant zh'Tar, also known as Kat. Marksman and scout." said the Andorian who sat on a table with a small grin.

Nayla leaned against a nearby bulkhead after shaking the ex-drone's hand. "Ensign Pena, intelligence. All that metal on your face...you were a Borg drone?"

Her rather forward question had caused some awkward silence to take over the room so Taylor gave a small cough before nodding at Nayla. "Yup. She's a danger to herself and to the crew. You should be locked up petty officer and never be allowed to see the light of day again." Both Kat and Dariak were rather alarmed by this statement but Nayla just punched Taylor's arm and shook her head.

"She'll fit in then." she interjected nodding at Aria.

"Yup, she's a regular social pariah. My kind of person."

Aria was confused for a moment as to whether or not that was a joke, but she had been around humans enough at least to catch some sort of inflection. So she nodded and then looked at Dariak and spent a moment looking at his handsome form before she looked back at Taylor. He was her superior officer and she was happy to be there with him and the others.

"It is very nice to meet all of you," she told them with a nod. "I am looking forward to serving."

"Well I'm just happy to see one more of my unit active." mused Taylor with a shrug. He didn't have a problem with Aria being an ex-drone. All he cared about was her ability to work with the rest of the squad and produce results. "People might not take too kindly to you being on this ship with your...electronics. Honestly I could care less for short minded opinions. You're my girl now, which means I take care of you. We all take care of each other."

Dariak smiled a little at Aria before nodding at Taylor's words. With several centuries under his belt the Vulpine knew the value of soldiers putting aside differences to complete common goals. Now with Starfleet there was so many races and cultures thrown together. How it worked was beyond him. "I'm sure you'll do well here petty officer. The fact that you've been picked for this squad is a testament to your medical abilities."

"Sure, she can work a tricorder. But can she fight?" asked Kat as she folded her arms and seemed to glare at the red-headed human for a moment before looking at Taylor. "You know as well as I do Iceman that if we're called up it's because it's a desperate time."

"And that makes us the desperate measure." added the Orion intelligence officer with a nod. "She needs a name too...we all do. She could be...Clank."

Giving a small shake of the head and a chuckle Taylor couldn't help how Kat called him 'Iceman'. Usually a marine NCO would be spit and polish before a lieutenant colonel but he knew she was testing the water. Besides judging by her record she had earned the honour to call him by his callsign. "We can do names later but Kat is right Grey. Apart from sticking nanoprobes into people who don't want them do you have any combat experience or training? Rifles, hand-to-hand? Aside from the basics Starfleet taught you anyway."

"I was never a part of Starfleet...not really," Aria explained to him. "When I was picked up by the USS Maria I was trained, but there was little that anyone needed to do. I do not believe you are associated with the Borg as much as you think or such questions would not arise. I have assimilated warriors of many species--their knowledge of battle and fighting forms is right here for recalling...my knowledge."

She pointed to her brain and cocked her head a little to one side to study them. She knew their species and their species numbers and had only needed to give their files a once over before she knew their service records--better than they did. Her brain was like a sponge when it came to knowledge and her ever replenishing nanoprobes made her physically stronger than all of them so her strength was not in question here.

"I am Borg," Aria stated simply, looking Taylor in the eye. "I may have begun human and I may no longer be part of the Collective, but I will forever be the best of both. You chose me because I was the best medic that you could find and should battle occur I will endure and survive."

"Maybe I'm just partial to redheads?" suggested Taylor with a shrug. Sure she had the attitude to come with the territory but having only the knowledge to fight was not the same as constantly living it. Not in his book anyway regardless if her mind was a repository of information. She needed the training but right now he had to focus on getting the whole team ready, not just one medic. So with that in mind he began to dish out orders.

"Kat, check our inventory. Last marines that were here probably took all the good stuff when they left so liaise with the Operations department to see about getting us kitted up. Pena, I need you to go to the Intel offices and get everyone the latest lists of hotspots and gossip. I want to know what's happening out there. Off you pop."

Both women came to attention and saluted before leaving. Taylor returned the salute before turning to both Dariak and Aria. "Sondag...you get to take the petty officer to a holosuite and see what she can do. No offense petty officer but I need proof that you're capable. Sondag here will take care of you."

"I am not offended," Aria said with a gentle nod.

"And what will you be doing sir?" asked Dariak with a tilted head. That caused Taylor to chuckle a bit.

"Seeing a man about getting us some new shiny toys. Keep me posted." he replied before leaving the room.

The Vulpine just watched Taylor leave before turning to Aria and then back at the door. "I've never known someone so...chaotic...in all my life."

"He is certainly human," Aria agreed as she looked at the door and then at Dariak.

She was very observant and rather enjoyed trying to figure out what people were about so she could practice being more human but Dariak seemed so very different. Aria knew from his file that he was Vulpine and while she did not want to go to the Holodeck to do anything she knew it was important. She had fought before and was very capable of handling herself but she knew that it was important to know how each individual of a whole worked so she would prove herself.

"I assure you that I can take care of myself and of others," Aria began, cocking her head a little to one side. "I am more than ready to show you how I...tick. I believe that is how humans say it--forgive me, I don't know as much about them as I wish I did."

"I believe you petty officer, I certainly do." said the Vulpine who always wanted to find the best in others. While he was very aware that not everyone was bound by the same honesty that Vulpine were he sensed nothing but good from Aria. Not that he was empathic or anything but rather a hunch. "If you say you are ready then you are ready. I'll just tell the lieutenant colonel that you are prepared for operations."

With a smile he nodded and stood ramrod straight. He was a by-the-book type of person and therefore not prone to the same casualness in comparison with the rest of his squad. "I've known humans for some time now and they still confuse me. With Vulpine it's simple; be honest. With humans there are white lies, dark lies and deceit everywhere or there is honesty. They vary so much and it makes judging them difficult. Even the lieutenant colonel. But....is there any questions you need answered or anything you wish to do?"

"I appreciate your honesty," she told him with a small smile on her face as she looked at Dariak with intrigue on her face. "I do not see a point not to be honest. Borg have no secrets and we find no reason to have such--we are all connected. As a liberated Borg I stand by the same principals--honesty and duty. Because of that I believe we should do as the Colonel wishes and run me through my paces. If that is not too much trouble..."

Aria was glad to be around people so easy to accept her and because of that she wanted to actually make a difference here--she wanted to actually do what was expected of her. She looked at Dariak with kindness and determination and liked what she saw and hoped to be as good as her record said that she was. While she was young, her time with the Borg had made her experienced in battle and knowledge, and she wanted to prove her worth to her new family.

"It is no trouble at all petty officer." beamed Dariak who took off his duty jacket and rank pin, revealing his green duty shirt. To him there was no real test of someone's abilities who has already been trained up and he guessed Taylor wouldn't pick someone he thought was green. Amongst these veterans there was no one really who was just out of basic. "See if you can hit me. Don't worry, I won't use too much of my enhanced strength."

"You wish to spar?" Aria asked him slowly, unzipping her duty jacket slowly and tossing it aside.

She supposed it couldn't hurt--it was still seeing what she had and she could prove herself, she was sure of it. Even if the spar ended with her on her back she would have given all that she had. In fact she was fairly certain that Dariak's enhancements would make him stronger than her nanoprobes and she was still a woman, but she had taken out Klingons and Cardassians before on her own in hand to hand combat, so she got into her most comfortable stance and looked him in the eye.

"I am stronger than I look," she said as her right hand came towards him with precision and grace--it was almost like watching a dance the way she moved herself.

"I hope you are, because you will find yourself in many fistfights and not with people only looking to test your abilities." said Dariak who took up his own combat stance. Vulpine were already naturally quicker and stronger than humans without their enhancements. With thicker bones and larger amounts of muscle it was like a bipedal freight train of power when it came to a punch or kick. They were a warrior race with an extensive military force who took in recruits as young as fourteen. Trained in all forms of combat a Vulpine guardsman or sailor was a capable combatant for any situation.

Unlike Aria, Dariak's movements lacked grace but were backed up by their sheer presence. A lumbering tall wall of muscle who held himself in close to prevent his limbs from being grabbed and twisted. Like a cannonball he charged into her, grappling her waist before flipping her onto the floor behind him.

With most species, Aria simply knew where their weak points were and that came in handy most times but the Vulpine...the Vulpine had never encountered the Borg. Therefore she knew almost nothing about them except for the things she had been researching since finding out that her MXO was Vulpine and therefore wanted to know so much more. So as she moved she realized she didn't know exactly where it was she should aim to knock him off balance, and next thing she knew she was being flipped onto her back.

However, it took her less than a moment to recover, getting up in one smooth motion, and then taking a chance to see what would happen if she gripped him in Human vulnerability spot. With that in mind she jumped onto his back, legs wrapping around his torso as she brought her arm around his neck, trying not to hurt him, but also knowing that there was a way to cut off airflow to make a human fall to their knees, but more than likely it wouldn't work on a Vulpine man...but she was ready to learn because she didn't mind if she lost, she just wanted to know more about him and prove that she was more than some young, petite redhead and so much more than some ex-drone.

Dariak hadn't expected Aria to attack in such a way so he didn't bring his chin down to protect his throat. He attempted to shake her off by violently bucking and swaying, trying to breath before jabbing his elbow into Aria's guts. There wasn't much else he could do since she had him in such a vulnerable way. Determined to win however he kept up his jabbing and bucking.

Now that she knew that he also had to breathe this way, she quickly let go and slid off of his back, her cheeks flushed. He had needed to breathe and was caught of guard and that hadn't been her intention at all. She turned him around to cheek his pulse with her fingers to his throat, her blue eyes peering into his and stroking his face gently with her fingertips. If she was to be their medic, she needed to study his physiology better than she had studied it so far.

"I apologize for such a tactic," Aria said, blushing a little bit more. "I need to better acquaint myself with your physiology."

With a cough Dariak nodded and sat down on a nearby chair. He might have enhancements but even he needed to breath. "It's excusable. I'd expect you to fight with any tactic at your disposal. Replicate yourself a medical tricorder and I'll let you take some scans. Better now than if I've got a hole in my chest."

"I am one step ahead of you," Aria informed him, going for her shed duty jacket and pulling the tricorder out of her pocket. "I am always prepared...which is why I should have studied more before coming today. I feel as though I have made an error--I do not take kindly to such feelings."

She chewed on her bottom lip a moment and then pushed on her bangs, looking down at the floor and then back up at Dariak and gazing at him gently. Aria normally did not admit defeat out loud and it was important to her that she make sure that he knew that she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself and others. She was Aria Grey and she was once Eight of Twelve of Borg...she could do anything she put her mind to.

"You are rather sturdy for a being," Aria told him as she started to run her scans, her Borg fingertips gently stroking his skin as she once again checked for a pulse.

"No error was made petty officer. You went for a target and it paid off." said the lieutenant calmly with a smile. Dariak tilted his neck to let Aria feel for a pulse while she ran the scanner over him. "Besides, mistakes happen to us all. It is our duty to learn from them, not to treat them as a negative occurrence." he added with his kind tone. He liked to remain the calm, stoic warrior against Taylor's more bottled emotional leadership style. At least he was enjoying himself.

"Strong bones, organ redundancies and genetic enhancements. Can't get sick, natural regeneration rate quicker than a human's, strong and fast. Before joining the Federation we've bet back the Klingons, Kzinti and Romulans. I've spent three centuries defending my people as a naval guardsmen...marine basically. What about you? I pinned you for a human but I didn't know they used cybernetics. They are rather interesting."

Vulpine didn't have the same concept of personal space as most species so it didn't seem odd to Dariak to stroke the eyepiece on Aria's face. "What is it made of? What does it do?"

"I was once human," Aria explained to him as she took in his vitals and noted it all in her mind for future reference. "Then I was assimilated by the Borg and I have these to mark me. Nanoprobes were injected into my bloodstream and I got my work on my hands, that by my ear and then..."

She blushed a deep shade of red as Dariak stroked her cortical node, not expecting anyone to be so fascinated by her implants, but it almost seemed obvious. He didn't know of the Borg and she didn't know of the Vulpine as much as she wished that she knew of them, so they were both curious. Still, it was how forward he was that took her by surprise and yet she didn't flinch or move away at all...she simply blushed.

"...and my cortical node, right above my left eye," she told him slowly. "It helps me to see all sorts of things on different levels. I can see what makes up holograms, I can see subparticles...it is actually rather handy. How do you all enhance yourselves? What does it do exactly?"

"Genetic enhancements." said Dariak with a small sigh. "Due to humanity's somewhat poor experience with genetics Vulpine tend to be treated at arm's length. They expect us to try to become arrogant rules or use our abilities for nefarious deeds. What they forget is that human Augments had these personality flaws not because they were Augments, but because they were human. Their traits were merely enhanced and grew out of control. Human scientists were trying to perfect humanity. You cannot perfect what is imperfect by design. My people simply sought to give our soldiers an edge in defending our territory but over millennia civilians started to apply for them. Now our entire race is enhanced."

With a smile he retracted his hand away from the implant and folded his arms. "Faster reflexes making our pilots the sharpest, increased strength and stamina to make our soldiers the toughest, increased intelligent to make our scientists the most inquisitive. However people think it's these things that make our culture when it's our warrior culture. Much like Klingons we dream of glorious battle however we don't simply seek battle for the sake of it. Rather than sing songs and drink ourselves into a stupor we follow the Warrior's Way...I suppose akin to ancient human samurai or knights. We're expected to act a certain way outside and inside battle. However I noticed that crew reactions to you being aboard were...worse than my presence."

Aria nodded at him and listened to all of his words, very aware of what he was doing and saying. She was fascinated by him and learning more about him, which made her feel happier about vowing to protect him and the others and she simply gazed at him, eyes never leaving him. He was an intriguing specimen and Aria felt comfortable with him, which was rare for her because most people saw her and treated her unkindly out of fear and aggression...but Dariak, Lillian and the rest of Omega were so different.

"That would be because your people simply enhance their own natural abilities and it works for you--you are different so they look at you with a different look than that of the one they use to look at their own, but at the same time they do not believe you will lash out and attack them at a moment's notice. The Borg, however, are a terrifying and unrelenting race and 'assimilate'--they create drones against the will of the individual becoming a drone. As much as I feel for and miss them and the security that they brought me for so long, they took my childhood and more than half of my life from me just so I could serve them. I lost my parents to them. Nanoprobes did this to me and now I cannot live without them and as they course through my veins and I still have my assimilation hand so...they are afraid of me. They are afraid I will try to make them Borg too."

Nodding Dariak absorbed the information that was being said to him by Aria. It made his heart heavy that humans, who claim to have shed their prejudice and ignorance from their ancestors to bring it back simply because one of their own returned to the fold with some extra hardware. Putting on his duty jacket, zipping it up and putting on his silver bar rank pin he fidgeted with Aria's rank pin to right it up. Smiling at the correct he folded his arms again.

"I'm not afraid." he said in a tone that made him sound sure that Aria would never try to assimilate him out of some repressed instinct. "They will learn to trust you. The captain trusts you enough to let you on the ship and the colonel trusts you enough to let you take care of his wounded. I trust you enough to work together for the benefit of this ship. Give it time and the rest of the crew will."

"Thank you," Aria told him honestly as she gave him a gentle smile and closed the tricorder. "I am used to people being afraid of me and treating me as a threat, so it is nice to be in an environment where I am more accepted. Especially to be treated with respect and to have someone not know what kind of terrifying people I was once a part of. It is refreshing."

She wasn't sure what the next step was but she thought she'd try something. "I do not know how this works, exactly, but in trying to get back to my human roots I have been trying to do more human things. I believe that I should invite you to dinner to show my appreciation--if you are interested and that is not too forward. I just wish to thank you for your kindness."

"Well, Vulpine military crews allow officers and enlisted ranks to socialize in terms of dinner and other recreational activities. Actually both the RVGC and RVNF encourage that type of interaction. There are no split messes or some such. So I would be honoured to dine with you, perhaps this evening or the next time duty allows." replied Dariak with a small smile. He liked the idea of teammates getting together and bonding. Maybe he'd ask Taylor to lead them on a good field day next time the ship got shore leave.

"Any particular attire? Uniform? Casual?"

"Casual," Aria said as she mulled it over a little in her head. "I do not wish for you to feel as though you are at attention and you need to be ready for anything. Just a dinner."

She thought a moment about her schedule, but she didn't really have one as of late since she was new to the ship and to the crew. Lillian wasn't making her speak to a counselor and she didn't really have much to unpack and so she made sure to just smile a little. Aria decided that it was about time she mingled a little more and why not with the sweet man that was to serve with her?

"Tonight is available," she responded with a nod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dariak Sondag

PostSubject: Re: Building the Nest Omega Squad   Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:57 pm

||USS Fenris
||Omega Squad Rec-Room
||TBD

Three figures in green duty uniform and one in grey were going through the motions of decorating their new rec-room to make it more their style. It would be their place to clean gear, do briefings and relax between training simulations. Of course it gave them a place to cool off from the rest of the crew. They were more than marines assigned to a ship in order to protect it, they were the razor's edge, the best of the best. Two men were tacking up a red flag with the Omega symbol on it onto a wall.

Nayla was busy setting up comfortable chairs while Staff Sergeant Katri 'zh'Tar, an Andorian marksman, was getting five glasses and pouring in several fingers of whiskey into each. There wasn't much decoration planned but rather to get everyone acquainted and settled. A new ship and new posting was rather startling. Taylor and Dariak had finished with the flag and had stood back to admire their work.

"Yeah, it does." replied Taylor to his lieutenant. "We're still awaiting our medic to arrive so I guess we'll have to sit tight and wait until she decides to show up."

Aria was finding herself feeling rather timid about all of this even though she knew that she could do this all rather easily. She was Borg and that meant that she needed more than anything to buck up and show them that she was the best of the best. Her talk with Lillian had gone rather well too and if she wanted to fit in so badly, then she needed to make more of an effort.

She walked into the room with her uniform on and her red hair pulled back out of her face, taking a deep breath and trying to smile. Aria knew from lessons on humanity and greetings that she needed to make it seem like she was friendly and receptive. So she walked into the room and smiled at them all, before she headed over to Dariak and Taylor, as this was Taylor's squad.

"Petty Officer 1st Class Aria Grey," she told him as she held out her right hand...the one without the Borg implants for them to shake.

Taking her hand and shaking it before letting go so Dariak could do the same Taylor nodded at the introduction. "Welcome on board petty officer. I'm Lieutenant Colonel Taylor Lucas commanding officer of Omega Squad, this here is 1st Lieutenant Dariak Sondag, executive officer of the same."

With the new arrival the two other female members began to shuffle closer to the scene before shaking Aria's hand and offering their own introductions.

"Staff Sergeant zh'Tar, also known as Kat. Marksman and scout." said the Andorian who sat on a table with a small grin.

Nayla leaned against a nearby bulkhead after shaking the ex-drone's hand. "Ensign Pena, intelligence. All that metal on your face...you were a Borg drone?"

Her rather forward question had caused some awkward silence to take over the room so Taylor gave a small cough before nodding at Nayla. "Yup. She's a danger to herself and to the crew. You should be locked up petty officer and never be allowed to see the light of day again." Both Kat and Dariak were rather alarmed by this statement but Nayla just punched Taylor's arm and shook her head.

Aria was confused for a moment as to whether or not that was a joke, but she had been around humans enough at least to catch some sort of inflection. So she nodded and then looked at Dariak and spent a moment looking at his handsome form before she looked back at Taylor. He was her superior officer and she was happy to be there with him and the others.

"It is very nice to meet all of you," she told them with a nod. "I am looking forward to serving."

"Well I'm just happy to see one more of my unit active." mused Taylor with a shrug. He didn't have a problem with Aria being an ex-drone. All he cared about was her ability to work with the rest of the squad and produce results. "People might not take too kindly to you being on this ship with your...electronics. Honestly I could care less for short minded opinions. You're my girl now, which means I take care of you. We all take care of each other."

Dariak smiled a little at Aria before nodding at Taylor's words. With several centuries under his belt the Vulpine knew the value of soldiers putting aside differences to complete common goals. Now with Starfleet there was so many races and cultures thrown together. How it worked was beyond him. "I'm sure you'll do well here petty officer. The fact that you've been picked for this squad is a testament to your medical abilities."

"Sure, she can work a tricorder. But can she fight?" asked Kat as she folded her arms and seemed to glare at the red-headed human for a moment before looking at Taylor. "You know as well as I do Iceman that if we're called up it's because it's a desperate time."

"And that makes us the desperate measure." added the Orion intelligence officer with a nod. "She needs a name too...we all do. She could be...Clank."

Giving a small shake of the head and a chuckle Taylor couldn't help how Kat called him 'Iceman'. Usually a marine NCO would be spit and polish before a lieutenant colonel but he knew she was testing the water. Besides judging by her record she had earned the honour to call him by his callsign. "We can do names later but Kat is right Grey. Apart from sticking nanoprobes into people who don't want them do you have any combat experience or training? Rifles, hand-to-hand? Aside from the basics Starfleet taught you anyway."

"I was never a part of Starfleet...not really," Aria explained to him. "When I was picked up by the USS Maria I was trained, but there was little that anyone needed to do. I do not believe you are associated with the Borg as much as you think or such questions would not arise. I have assimilated warriors of many species--their knowledge of battle and fighting forms is right here for recalling...my knowledge."

She pointed to her brain and cocked her head a little to one side to study them. She knew their species and their species numbers and had only needed to give their files a once over before she knew their service records--better than they did. Her brain was like a sponge when it came to knowledge and her ever replenishing nanoprobes made her physically stronger than all of them so her strength was not in question here.

"I am Borg," Aria stated simply, looking Taylor in the eye. "I may have begun human and I may no longer be part of the Collective, but I will forever be the best of both. You chose me because I was the best medic that you could find and should battle occur I will endure and survive."

"Maybe I'm just partial to redheads?" suggested Taylor with a shrug. Sure she had the attitude to come with the territory but having only the knowledge to fight was not the same as constantly living it. Not in his book anyway regardless if her mind was a repository of information. She needed the training but right now he had to focus on getting the whole team ready, not just one medic. So with that in mind he began to dish out orders.

"Kat, check our inventory. Last marines that were here probably took all the good stuff when they left so liaise with the Operations department to see about getting us kitted up. Pena, I need you to go to the Intel offices and get everyone the latest lists of hotspots and gossip. I want to know what's happening out there. Off you pop."

Both women came to attention and saluted before leaving. Taylor returned the salute before turning to both Dariak and Aria. "Sondag...you get to take the petty officer to a holosuite and see what she can do. No offense petty officer but I need proof that you're capable. Sondag here will take care of you."

"And what will you be doing sir?" asked Dariak with a tilted head. That caused Taylor to chuckle a bit.

"Seeing a man about getting us some new shiny toys. Keep me posted." he replied before leaving the room.

The Vulpine just watched Taylor leave before turning to Aria and then back at the door. "I've never known someone so...chaotic...in all my life."

"He is certainly human," Aria agreed as she looked at the door and then at Dariak.

She was very observant and rather enjoyed trying to figure out what people were about so she could practice being more human but Dariak seemed so very different. Aria knew from his file that he was Vulpine and while she did not want to go to the Holodeck to do anything she knew it was important. She had fought before and was very capable of handling herself but she knew that it was important to know how each individual of a whole worked so she would prove herself.

"I assure you that I can take care of myself and of others," Aria began, cocking her head a little to one side. "I am more than ready to show you how I...tick. I believe that is how humans say it--forgive me, I don't know as much about them as I wish I did."

"I believe you petty officer, I certainly do." said the Vulpine who always wanted to find the best in others. While he was very aware that not everyone was bound by the same honesty that Vulpine were he sensed nothing but good from Aria. Not that he was empathic or anything but rather a hunch. "If you say you are ready then you are ready. I'll just tell the lieutenant colonel that you are prepared for operations."

With a smile he nodded and stood ramrod straight. He was a by-the-book type of person and therefore not prone to the same casualness in comparison with the rest of his squad. "I've known humans for some time now and they still confuse me. With Vulpine it's simple; be honest. With humans there are white lies, dark lies and deceit everywhere or there is honesty. They vary so much and it makes judging them difficult. Even the lieutenant colonel. But....is there any questions you need answered or anything you wish to do?"

"I appreciate your honesty," she told him with a small smile on her face as she looked at Dariak with intrigue on her face. "I do not see a point not to be honest. Borg have no secrets and we find no reason to have such--we are all connected. As a liberated Borg I stand by the same principals--honesty and duty. Because of that I believe we should do as the Colonel wishes and run me through my paces. If that is not too much trouble..."

Aria was glad to be around people so easy to accept her and because of that she wanted to actually make a difference here--she wanted to actually do what was expected of her. She looked at Dariak with kindness and determination and liked what she saw and hoped to be as good as her record said that she was. While she was young, her time with the Borg had made her experienced in battle and knowledge, and she wanted to prove her worth to her new family.

"It is no trouble at all petty officer." beamed Dariak who took off his duty jacket and rank pin, revealing his green duty shirt. To him there was no real test of someone's abilities who has already been trained up and he guessed Taylor wouldn't pick someone he thought was green. Amongst these veterans there was no one really who was just out of basic. "See if you can hit me. Don't worry, I won't use too much of my enhanced strength."

"You wish to spar?" Aria asked him slowly, unzipping her duty jacket slowly and tossing it aside.

She supposed it couldn't hurt--it was still seeing what she had and she could prove herself, she was sure of it. Even if the spar ended with her on her back she would have given all that she had. In fact she was fairly certain that Dariak's enhancements would make him stronger than her nanoprobes and she was still a woman, but she had taken out Klingons and Cardassians before on her own in hand to hand combat, so she got into her most comfortable stance and looked him in the eye.

"I am stronger than I look," she said as her right hand came towards him with precision and grace--it was almost like watching a dance the way she moved herself.

"I hope you are, because you will find yourself in many fistfights and not with people only looking to test your abilities." said Dariak who took up his own combat stance. Vulpine were already naturally quicker and stronger than humans without their enhancements. With thicker bones and larger amounts of muscle it was like a bipedal freight train of power when it came to a punch or kick. They were a warrior race with an extensive military force who took in recruits as young as fourteen. Trained in all forms of combat a Vulpine guardsman or sailor was a capable combatant for any situation.

Unlike Aria, Dariak's movements lacked grace but were backed up by their sheer presence. A lumbering tall wall of muscle who held himself in close to prevent his limbs from being grabbed and twisted. Like a cannonball he charged into her, grappling her waist before flipping her onto the floor behind him.

With most species, Aria simply knew where their weak points were and that came in handy most times but the Vulpine...the Vulpine had never encountered the Borg. Therefore she knew almost nothing about them except for the things she had been researching since finding out that her MXO was Vulpine and therefore wanted to know so much more. So as she moved she realized she didn't know exactly where it was she should aim to knock him off balance, and next thing she knew she was being flipped onto her back.

However, it took her less than a moment to recover, getting up in one smooth motion, and then taking a chance to see what would happen if she gripped him in Human vulnerability spot. With that in mind she jumped onto his back, legs wrapping around his torso as she brought her arm around his neck, trying not to hurt him, but also knowing that there was a way to cut off airflow to make a human fall to their knees, but more than likely it wouldn't work on a Vulpine man...but she was ready to learn because she didn't mind if she lost, she just wanted to know more about him and prove that she was more than some young, petite redhead and so much more than some ex-drone.

Dariak hadn't expected Aria to attack in such a way so he didn't bring his chin down to protect his throat. He attempted to shake her off by violently bucking and swaying, trying to breath before jabbing his elbow into Aria's guts. There wasn't much else he could do since she had him in such a vulnerable way. Determined to win however he kept up his jabbing and bucking.

Now that she knew that he also had to breathe this way, she quickly let go and slid off of his back, her cheeks flushed. He had needed to breathe and was caught of guard and that hadn't been her intention at all. She turned him around to cheek his pulse with her fingers to his throat, her blue eyes peering into his and stroking his face gently with her fingertips. If she was to be their medic, she needed to study his physiology better than she had studied it so far.

"I apologize for such a tactic," Aria said, blushing a little bit more. "I need to better acquaint myself with your physiology."

With a cough Dariak nodded and sat down on a nearby chair. He might have enhancements but even he needed to breath. "It's excusable. I'd expect you to fight with any tactic at your disposal. Replicate yourself a medical tricorder and I'll let you take some scans. Better now than if I've got a hole in my chest."

"I am one step ahead of you," Aria informed him, going for her shed duty jacket and pulling the tricorder out of her pocket. "I am always prepared...which is why I should have studied more before coming today. I feel as though I have made an error--I do not take kindly to such feelings."

She chewed on her bottom lip a moment and then pushed on her bangs, looking down at the floor and then back up at Dariak and gazing at him gently. Aria normally did not admit defeat out loud and it was important to her that she make sure that he knew that she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself and others. She was Aria Grey and she was once Eight of Twelve of Borg...she could do anything she put her mind to.

"You are rather sturdy for a being," Aria told him as she started to run her scans, her Borg fingertips gently stroking his skin as she once again checked for a pulse.

"No error was made petty officer. You went for a target and it paid off." said the lieutenant calmly with a smile. Dariak tilted his neck to let Aria feel for a pulse while she ran the scanner over him. "Besides, mistakes happen to us all. It is our duty to learn from them, not to treat them as a negative occurrence." he added with his kind tone. He liked to remain the calm, stoic warrior against Taylor's more bottled emotional leadership style. At least he was enjoying himself.

"Strong bones, organ redundancies and genetic enhancements. Can't get sick, natural regeneration rate quicker than a human's, strong and fast. Before joining the Federation we've bet back the Klingons, Kzinti and Romulans. I've spent three centuries defending my people as a naval guardsmen...marine basically. What about you? I pinned you for a human but I didn't know they used cybernetics. They are rather interesting."

Vulpine didn't have the same concept of personal space as most species so it didn't seem odd to Dariak to stroke the eyepiece on Aria's face. "What is it made of? What does it do?"

"I was once human," Aria explained to him as she took in his vitals and noted it all in her mind for future reference. "Then I was assimilated by the Borg and I have these to mark me. Nanoprobes were injected into my bloodstream and I got my work on my hands, that by my ear and then..."

She blushed a deep shade of red as Dariak stroked her cortical node, not expecting anyone to be so fascinated by her implants, but it almost seemed obvious. He didn't know of the Borg and she didn't know of the Vulpine as much as she wished that she knew of them, so they were both curious. Still, it was how forward he was that took her by surprise and yet she didn't flinch or move away at all...she simply blushed.

"...and my cortical node, right above my left eye," she told him slowly. "It helps me to see all sorts of things on different levels. I can see what makes up holograms, I can see subparticles...it is actually rather handy. How do you all enhance yourselves? What does it do exactly?"

"Genetic enhancements." said Dariak with a small sigh. "Due to humanity's somewhat poor experience with genetics Vulpine tend to be treated at arm's length. They expect us to try to become arrogant rules or use our abilities for nefarious deeds. What they forget is that human Augments had these personality flaws not because they were Augments, but because they were human. Their traits were merely enhanced and grew out of control. Human scientists were trying to perfect humanity. You cannot perfect what is imperfect by design. My people simply sought to give our soldiers an edge in defending our territory but over millennia civilians started to apply for them. Now our entire race is enhanced."

With a smile he retracted his hand away from the implant and folded his arms. "Faster reflexes making our pilots the sharpest, increased strength and stamina to make our soldiers the toughest, increased intelligent to make our scientists the most inquisitive. However people think it's these things that make our culture when it's our warrior culture. Much like Klingons we dream of glorious battle however we don't simply seek battle for the sake of it. Rather than sing songs and drink ourselves into a stupor we follow the Warrior's Way...I suppose akin to ancient human samurai or knights. We're expected to act a certain way outside and inside battle. However I noticed that crew reactions to you being aboard were...worse than my presence."

Aria nodded at him and listened to all of his words, very aware of what he was doing and saying. She was fascinated by him and learning more about him, which made her feel happier about vowing to protect him and the others and she simply gazed at him, eyes never leaving him. He was an intriguing specimen and Aria felt comfortable with him, which was rare for her because most people saw her and treated her unkindly out of fear and aggression...but Dariak, Lillian and the rest of Omega were so different.

"That would be because your people simply enhance their own natural abilities and it works for you--you are different so they look at you with a different look than that of the one they use to look at their own, but at the same time they do not believe you will lash out and attack them at a moment's notice. The Borg, however, are a terrifying and unrelenting race and 'assimilate'--they create drones against the will of the individual becoming a drone. As much as I feel for and miss them and the security that they brought me for so long, they took my childhood and more than half of my life from me just so I could serve them. I lost my parents to them. Nanoprobes did this to me and now I cannot live without them and as they course through my veins and I still have my assimilation hand so...they are afraid of me. They are afraid I will try to make them Borg too."

Nodding Dariak absorbed the information that was being said to him by Aria. It made his heart heavy that humans, who claim to have shed their prejudice and ignorance from their ancestors to bring it back simply because one of their own returned to the fold with some extra hardware. Putting on his duty jacket, zipping it up and putting on his silver bar rank pin he fidgeted with Aria's rank pin to right it up. Smiling at the correct he folded his arms again.

"I'm not afraid." he said in a tone that made him sound sure that Aria would never try to assimilate him out of some repressed instinct. "They will learn to trust you. The captain trusts you enough to let you on the ship and the colonel trusts you enough to let you take care of his wounded. I trust you enough to work together for the benefit of this ship. Give it time and the rest of the crew will."

"Thank you," Aria told him honestly as she gave him a gentle smile and closed the tricorder. "I am used to people being afraid of me and treating me as a threat, so it is nice to be in an environment where I am more accepted. Especially to be treated with respect and to have someone not know what kind of terrifying people I was once a part of. It is refreshing."

She wasn't sure what the next step was but she thought she'd try something. "I do not know how this works, exactly, but in trying to get back to my human roots I have been trying to do more human things. I believe that I should invite you to dinner to show my appreciation--if you are interested and that is not too forward. I just wish to thank you for your kindness."

"Well, Vulpine military crews allow officers and enlisted ranks to socialize in terms of dinner and other recreational activities. Actually both the RVGC and RVNF encourage that type of interaction. There are no split messes or some such. So I would be honoured to dine with you, perhaps this evening or the next time duty allows." replied Dariak with a small smile. He liked the idea of teammates getting together and bonding. Maybe he'd ask Taylor to lead them on a good field day next time the ship got shore leave.

"Casual," Aria said as she mulled it over a little in her head. "I do not wish for you to feel as though you are at attention and you need to be ready for anything. Just a dinner."

She thought a moment about her schedule, but she didn't really have one as of late since she was new to the ship and to the crew. Lillian wasn't making her speak to a counselor and she didn't really have much to unpack and so she made sure to just smile a little. Aria decided that it was about time she mingled a little more and why not with the sweet man that was to serve with her?

"Then tonight it is." said the Vulpine with a smile. "I suggest you make your way to sickbay and get to know the crew there. You may find yourself in there tending to the wounded so it would be best to do that. 1800 hours petty officer and not a moment earlier. I will be around your quarters at that time. But until then...attend to your duties."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Building the Nest Omega Squad   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:51 am

||USS Fenris
||Omega Squad Rec-Room
||TBD

"Then tonight it is." said the Vulpine with a smile. "I suggest you make your way to Sickbay and get to know the crew there. You may find yourself in there tending to the wounded so it would be best to do that. 1800 hours petty officer and not a moment earlier. I will be around your quarters at that time. But until then...attend to your duties."

"I will work and prepare," Aria told him gently. "I have been told by you and the captain to visit the CMO and it would be beneficial for me to meet her. 1800 hours, I will be ready for your arrival."

(We shall post it up later on when it is time for such things ^.^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building the Nest Omega Squad   

Back to top Go down

Building the Nest Omega Squad
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2