USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law Empty
PostSubject: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:17 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

Minas nodded at Taylor and offered him a nearby chair, taking out some rather expensive cigars and moving to offer Taylor one. He hadn't brought him up here to yell at him or anything, just to get to know him better as he would become part of his family. It was important to him that Lars and Taylor be separated for the time being because they obviously did not get along, but Minas had other things on his agenda...and eventually he'd talk to Lars, or let his wife do it.

"I brought you in here to talk to you about a few things," Minas said with a nod. "I just want to get to know my Son-in-Law to be. I know that you respect my daughter and you respect us because of her bond with us and I know you and Lars have history and it's not going to be fixed by a dinner or by being forced to be in the same room. It just seemed to me you two needed a breather and I have things I want to talk to you about. You're going to be part of this family and I'd like to know more about you. Your interests, your goals--your plans for fatherhood. I want to be able to call you my son because that's the kind of family this is. Cigar?"
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

Minas nodded at Taylor and offered him a nearby chair, taking out some rather expensive cigars and moving to offer Taylor one. He hadn't brought him up here to yell at him or anything, just to get to know him better as he would become part of his family. It was important to him that Lars and Taylor be separated for the time being because they obviously did not get along, but Minas had other things on his agenda...and eventually he'd talk to Lars, or let his wife do it.

"I brought you in here to talk to you about a few things," Minas said with a nod. "I just want to get to know my Son-in-Law to be. I know that you respect my daughter and you respect us because of her bond with us and I know you and Lars have history and it's not going to be fixed by a dinner or by being forced to be in the same room. It just seemed to me you two needed a breather and I have things I want to talk to you about. You're going to be part of this family and I'd like to know more about you. Your interests, your goals--your plans for fatherhood. I want to be able to call you my son because that's the kind of family this is. Cigar?"

For a moment Taylor looked at the cigar with longing as he had done for many of his vices. Drinking was strictly for celebratory purposes since on Vega station his main form of entertainment was to get paralysed with drink. It had been a dark time and he had told himself never again unless it was for a happy time. However smoking was another matter all together. He had gotten lung cancer from smoking but medical technology being what it was today cleared it up like some minor disease. Taylor knew Lillian frowned on him smoking and he never did it around her or Sareth however neither were around to suffer the second-hand smoke.

Nodding he took the cigar before producing a lighter from his pocket, lighting Minas' cigar before his own. As he puffed away and blew the smoke towards the window of the study he analysed the questions carefully. "Much appreciated." said the marine before speaking again. "Minas...I have no goals. No ambition within me. I've only gotten to this rank because those higher up than me have recognised my dedication and talent. I didn't cheat or push my way up the rank ladder. I've only wanted to serve Starfleet to the best of my ability, duty Minas. I'm a man of duty and now I'm a man of family."

With another puff to break up his talking Taylor could taste the delicious acrid smoke swirling in his mouth before being expelled with gentle exhales. "My interests are painting mostly though as I said before not really had the chance to paint much. Fencing too, hence the cybernetic eye. As for my plans to be a father...I honestly don't know Minas. I'm afraid that maybe I won't be able to be the best father for both Sareth and this child on the way. All I can do is try."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:17 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

For a moment Taylor looked at the cigar with longing as he had done for many of his vices. Drinking was strictly for celebratory purposes since on Vega station his main form of entertainment was to get paralyzed with drink. It had been a dark time and he had told himself never again unless it was for a happy time. However smoking was another matter all together. He had gotten lung cancer from smoking but medical technology being what it was today cleared it up like some minor disease. Taylor knew Lillian frowned on him smoking and he never did it around her or Sareth however neither were around to suffer the second-hand smoke.

Nodding he took the cigar before producing a lighter from his pocket, lighting Minas' cigar before his own. As he puffed away and blew the smoke towards the window of the study he analyzed the questions carefully. "Much appreciated," said the marine before speaking again. "Minas...I have no goals. No ambition within me. I've only gotten to this rank because those higher up than me have recognized my dedication and talent. I didn't cheat or push my way up the rank ladder. I've only wanted to serve Starfleet to the best of my ability, duty Minas. I'm a man of duty and now I'm a man of family."

With another puff to break up his talking Taylor could taste the delicious acrid smoke swirling in his mouth before being expelled with gentle exhales. "My interests are painting mostly though as I said before not really had the chance to paint much. Fencing too, hence the cybernetic eye. As for my plans to be a father...I honestly don't know Minas. I'm afraid that maybe I won't be able to be the best father for both Sareth and this child on the way. All I can do is try."

Minas laughed a little bit at Taylor's answer and focused on his cigar while he tried to figure out how he wanted to tell Taylor his next set of words. He had them cooking up inside his head but he just wasn't positive on how to say them without offending the human in front of him as he went to sit at his desk. Looking at Taylor for a few moments though, he made up his mind and simply began to speak.

"I'm afraid I'm not buying the self-deprecating, modest nonsense," he told Taylor with a small nod. "Of course you have goals--of course you're somewhat ambitious. You know what makes ambitious people, Taylor? Drive. You have drive. If you didn't, you'd be sitting around doing nothing. You want to marry my daughter don't you? Have a baby? Protect your family? Settle into a routine with your marines? Meet back up with your buddy James? Those are all goals, so stop selling yourself short cause I'm not buying it. You have miracles in front of you and I know you're not stupid enough not to see them."

He smiled at the man and then continued. "As for your fears about fatherhood, that's normal. You're a first time parent and that's scary and you think you're going to make mistake after mistake and that's normal. All you have to do is love them and protect them and you'll do just fine, promise. The next ones will come much easier but I'm afraid that fear of failing them will always be there."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:51 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

For a moment Taylor looked at the cigar with longing as he had done for many of his vices. Drinking was strictly for celebratory purposes since on Vega station his main form of entertainment was to get paralyzed with drink. It had been a dark time and he had told himself never again unless it was for a happy time. However smoking was another matter all together. He had gotten lung cancer from smoking but medical technology being what it was today cleared it up like some minor disease. Taylor knew Lillian frowned on him smoking and he never did it around her or Sareth however neither were around to suffer the second-hand smoke.

Nodding he took the cigar before producing a lighter from his pocket, lighting Minas' cigar before his own. As he puffed away and blew the smoke towards the window of the study he analyzed the questions carefully. "Much appreciated," said the marine before speaking again. "Minas...I have no goals. No ambition within me. I've only gotten to this rank because those higher up than me have recognized my dedication and talent. I didn't cheat or push my way up the rank ladder. I've only wanted to serve Starfleet to the best of my ability, duty Minas. I'm a man of duty and now I'm a man of family."

Minas laughed a little bit at Taylor's answer and focused on his cigar while he tried to figure out how he wanted to tell Taylor his next set of words. He had them cooking up inside his head but he just wasn't positive on how to say them without offending the human in front of him as he went to sit at his desk. Looking at Taylor for a few moments though, he made up his mind and simply began to speak.

"I'm afraid I'm not buying the self-deprecating, modest nonsense," he told Taylor with a small nod. "Of course you have goals--of course you're somewhat ambitious. You know what makes ambitious people, Taylor? Drive. You have drive. If you didn't, you'd be sitting around doing nothing. You want to marry my daughter don't you? Have a baby? Protect your family? Settle into a routine with your marines? Meet back up with your buddy James? Those are all goals, so stop selling yourself short cause I'm not buying it. You have miracles in front of you and I know you're not stupid enough not to see them."

He smiled at the man and then continued. "As for your fears about fatherhood, that's normal. You're a first time parent and that's scary and you think you're going to make mistake after mistake and that's normal. All you have to do is love them and protect them and you'll do just fine, promise. The next ones will come much easier but I'm afraid that fear of failing them will always be there."

At the mention of James, Taylor seemed to become a lot more sombre than usual. Even with all his time he never tried to find James for some reason. He had literally walked from Starfleet around the same time Taylor had been declared missing. No reason, no paperwork. Just walked from Starbase Seven. "He's out of Starfleet and I've not really been able to find out where he is. Space is big and all my leads and contacts that I had are underground. He was like my brother, known him for years. Now he's just...gone. I'll find him sooner or later though and let him know I'm all safe and sound."

He chuckled at remembering all the foolish tricks they had played on each other as well as the mischief both he and James had gotten up to. A regular bromance. "Well, I suppose those are goals in a similar sense but I'm not looking for general stars. Just want to live a good life and do thing right. Unlike that idiot downstairs who'd sell out anyone for a pat on the back from San Fran."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:01 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

At the mention of James, Taylor seemed to become a lot more sombre than usual. Even with all his time he never tried to find James for some reason. He had literally walked from Starfleet around the same time Taylor had been declared missing. No reason, no paperwork. Just walked from Starbase Seven. "He's out of Starfleet and I've not really been able to find out where he is. Space is big and all my leads and contacts that I had are underground. He was like my brother, known him for years. Now he's just...gone. I'll find him sooner or later though and let him know I'm all safe and sound."

He chuckled at remembering all the foolish tricks they had played on each other as well as the mischief both he and James had gotten up to. A regular bromance. "Well, I suppose those are goals in a similar sense but I'm not looking for general stars. Just want to live a good life and do things right. Unlike that idiot downstairs who'd sell out anyone for a pat on the back from San Fran."

"Well then that's a goal right there and I think you'll meet it. If Lillybean has anything to say about it, she'll make you happier than you know," Minas said with a smile on his face. "That girl is one of my prides and joys and I honestly couldn't part with her for anything less than true love. After everything you two have endured, you're finally together and I would never stand in the way of that. Just treat her right...love her and let her love you back. You know what that entails though? Sometimes letting her fight her own battles, and I wonder if you're ready for Sareth's rites and the Phase...you should prepare for them somehow."

Minas nodded a little bit about the Lars statement and shrugged his shoulders. "Some men are incredibly ambitious and want to be at the top--know all there is to know and have all the power they can get. At the same time, I have a hard time believing that anyone is inherently evil unless they prove to me that they are and at the moment I believe that man is capable of love and while Megan isn't my smartest, she isn't as bad a judge of character as you might think she is and maybe with the right direction, Lars can turn it all around. I'm cautious, but I'm a father--I'm overly cautious."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:28 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

He chuckled at remembering all the foolish tricks they had played on each other as well as the mischief both he and James had gotten up to. A regular bromance. "Well, I suppose those are goals in a similar sense but I'm not looking for general stars. Just want to live a good life and do things right. Unlike that idiot downstairs who'd sell out anyone for a pat on the back from San Fran."

"Well then that's a goal right there and I think you'll meet it. If Lillybean has anything to say about it, she'll make you happier than you know," Minas said with a smile on his face. "That girl is one of my prides and joys and I honestly couldn't part with her for anything less than true love. After everything you two have endured, you're finally together and I would never stand in the way of that. Just treat her right...love her and let her love you back. You know what that entails though? Sometimes letting her fight her own battles, and I wonder if you're ready for Sareth's rites and the Phase...you should prepare for them somehow."

Minas nodded a little bit about the Lars statement and shrugged his shoulders. "Some men are incredibly ambitious and want to be at the top--know all there is to know and have all the power they can get. At the same time, I have a hard time believing that anyone is inherently evil unless they prove to me that they are and at the moment I believe that man is capable of love and while Megan isn't my smartest, she isn't as bad a judge of character as you might think she is and maybe with the right direction, Lars can turn it all around. I'm cautious, but I'm a father--I'm overly cautious."

"If money is the root of all evil then ambition comes in at a close second." offered the marine with a rather stern look as he puffed away at his cigar. "I'm not saying Lars isn't capable of having feelings for other people but all he's interested in is the little power trips of being in control, of being the one to give the orders. All he wants is his whim to be extended across others and to be proven right. He wants the final word all the time and guess what? I gave him the final word even though I poured the evidence of his mistake right in front of him for all to see. I bit my tongue and because of that one of my marines died when it could have been avoided. He didn't die for the Federation, he died so Lars could have the final say. He died for a power trip."

Taylor settled in his chair pinching the bridge of his nose as the tried to settle the burning hatred inside with more draws on the cigar. "I could fight about this all day but there's no point. He'll still plead innocent with that smug little smile of his."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:40 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

"If money is the root of all evil then ambition comes in at a close second." offered the marine with a rather stern look as he puffed away at his cigar. "I'm not saying Lars isn't capable of having feelings for other people but all he's interested in is the little power trips of being in control, of being the one to give the orders. All he wants is his whim to be extended across others and to be proven right. He wants the final word all the time and guess what? I gave him the final word even though I poured the evidence of his mistake right in front of him for all to see. I bit my tongue and because of that one of my marines died when it could have been avoided. He didn't die for the Federation, he died so Lars could have the final say. He died for a power trip."

Taylor settled in his chair pinching the bridge of his nose as the tried to settle the burning hatred inside with more draws on the cigar. "I could fight about this all day but there's no point. He'll still plead innocent with that smug little smile of his."

"You have to pick your fights," Minas said gently with a small nod. "I understand why you are frustrated with him, however...and somehow you'll find a way to honor Erlin and as long as you never forget him then it wasn't all in vain. I regret that he died so young...that's tragic and nothing I say can make any of it better but I'm sorry, Taylor. I'm sorry you lost someone dear to you because of him."

Minas looked up as his study door opened and then smiled a bit as Lillian walked in and then made a playful show of waving off smoke. She always did that when she entered and her father was puffing away on one of his cigars and while Taylor smoking worried her, it was his life and he would do whatever he wanted. Lillian was just there to relay a message from her mother.

"After dinner, Caleb is coming over and I want to see him before we leave. Dinner itself will be ready shortly so finish up and don't make her angry by being late to the table." Lillian said with a laugh, smiling at Taylor and then taking her leave and looking at her father again. "And if he starts coughing up blood, it's your job this time. I love you both."

Minas nodded at that and looked back at Taylor as Lillian closed the door behind her. "You're lucky she cares so much about you. If I got cancer, my wife would just send me to Kara and then that would be that and I'd come back and still do what I want. How far along is she now? Her bump isn't as large as I was expecting for some reason."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

"You have to pick your fights," Minas said gently with a small nod. "I understand why you are frustrated with him, however...and somehow you'll find a way to honor Erlin and as long as you never forget him then it wasn't all in vain. I regret that he died so young...that's tragic and nothing I say can make any of it better but I'm sorry, Taylor. I'm sorry you lost someone dear to you because of him."

Minas looked up as his study door opened and then smiled a bit as Lillian walked in and then made a playful show of waving off smoke. She always did that when she entered and her father was puffing away on one of his cigars and while Taylor smoking worried her, it was his life and he would do whatever he wanted. Lillian was just there to relay a message from her mother.

"After dinner, Caleb is coming over and I want to see him before we leave. Dinner itself will be ready shortly so finish up and don't make her angry by being late to the table." Lillian said with a laugh, smiling at Taylor and then taking her leave and looking at her father again. "And if he starts coughing up blood, it's your job this time. I love you both."

Minas nodded at that and looked back at Taylor as Lillian closed the door behind her. "You're lucky she cares so much about you. If I got cancer, my wife would just send me to Kara and then that would be that and I'd come back and still do what I want. How far along is she now? Her bump isn't as large as I was expecting for some reason."

With a grumble Taylor tried to acknowledge what Minas was saying as he finished his cigar with a last few deep puffs before blowing out the smoke. However he beamed when Lillian came through to deliver a message, not to put on a brave face but because she always made him happy. "Love you too." he managed to get in before she retreated. He turned back to Minas and stood up with a rather sheepish look.

"She does care about me a lot. When I got cancer she was fretful over me. As for the little one on the way it's been a few months. Enough to see the bump but not enough to keep her struggling for balance. Best get heading off in case Leona gets angry eh?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:03 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBA

With a grumble Taylor tried to acknowledge what Minas was saying as he finished his cigar with a last few deep puffs before blowing out the smoke. However he beamed when Lillian came through to deliver a message, not to put on a brave face but because she always made him happy. "Love you too." he managed to get in before she retreated. He turned back to Minas and stood up with a rather sheepish look.

"She does care about me a lot. When I got cancer she was fretful over me. As for the little one on the way it's been a few months. Enough to see the bump but not enough to keep her struggling for balance. Best get heading off in case Leona gets angry eh?"

Minas smiled at the way his daughter made Taylor's face light up and stood up as well. "Yeah, and Taylor? Try not to be afraid to call this place home alright? We all want you to feel welcome here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law   Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minas/Taylor - Father-in-Law to Son-in-Law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Mission Center :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: