USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties Empty
PostSubject: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office
||TBD

Lydia found one of Alyssa's tennis balls in her desk. She decided to use it and started bouncing it off the wall across from her desk. She knew that there was a lot to be discussed with the Captain. Some good and some bad, but hoped there would be more good than bad. She really wanted to have Lillian on her side when she decided to go through with the plans that she and Darien had setup for Alyssa. Things needed to be approved of before he showed, setting things into an interesting motion.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

Lydia found one of Alyssa's tennis balls in her desk. She decided to use it and started bouncing it off the wall across from her desk. She knew that there was a lot to be discussed with the Captain. Some good and some bad, but hoped there would be more good than bad. She really wanted to have Lillian on her side when she decided to go through with the plans that she and Darien had setup for Alyssa. Things needed to be approved of before he showed, setting things into an interesting motion.

Lillian knew that she needed to talk t the counselor and be all checked out after the incident on Betazed and at the same time had opted not to talk to Lydia yet...not until the day after she knew she was back. She had wanted to let the woman settle in and visit with her cousin and after her talk with Taylor the night before and Lillian feeling rather insecure about a lot of things, she had decided that she had needed to just push some things aside and focus on letting Taylor know that she was there for him if he needed her--after all he'd killed a man on the mission.

"Still, talking things out is healthy," Lillian told herself with a nod.

She knew that she needed to be the one most sound in mind since she was the captain of the whole ship and so it was important that Lydia check her out before much further delay. She needed to be mission fit and she needed to talk to someone about what Elena had said because she felt like she couldn't talk to Taylor about it at all. So, she smiled at Lydia's assistant and then took a deep breath and rang the door chime for Lydia's office, glad that she'd gotten things squared away with Alyssa and needing to get this started.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office
||1230????

Lillian knew that she needed to talk to the counselor and be all checked out after the incident on Betazed and at the same time had opted not to talk to Lydia yet...not until the day after she knew she was back. She had wanted to let the woman settle in and visit with her cousin and after her talk with Taylor the night before and Lillian feeling rather insecure about a lot of things, she had decided that she had needed to just push some things aside and focus on letting Taylor know that she was there for him if he needed her--after all he'd killed a man on the mission.

She knew that she needed to be the one most sound in mind since she was the captain of the whole ship and so it was important that Lydia check her out before much further delay. She needed to be mission fit and she needed to talk to someone about what Elena had said because she felt like she couldn't talk to Taylor about it at all. So, she smiled at Lydia's assistant and then took a deep breath and rang the door chime for Lydia's office, glad that she'd gotten things squared away with Alyssa and needing to get this started.

"Come in." Lydia called.

She was fully aware that it was the captain. She had already talked with Gabe and Taylor. Also, she figured that the captain would be in the right mind, but simply needed to check and maybe talk about it.

(how's it 1230 if lydia doesn't show up until 1530, and you're the last one she talks to out of the three??)
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:59 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

Lillian knew that she needed to talk to the counselor and be all checked out after the incident on Betazed and at the same time had opted not to talk to Lydia yet...not until the day after she knew she was back. She had wanted to let the woman settle in and visit with her cousin and after her talk with Taylor the night before and Lillian feeling rather insecure about a lot of things, she had decided that she had needed to just push some things aside and focus on letting Taylor know that she was there for him if he needed her--after all he'd killed a man on the mission.

"Come in." Lydia called.

She was fully aware that it was the captain. She had already talked with Gabe and Taylor. Also, she figured that the captain would be in the right mind, but simply needed to check and maybe talk about it.

Lillian entered because she was there, Lydia had told her to, and because it all needed to get out of the way. She had been avoiding it for long enough and also had a busy day that day. She just couldn't avoid Lydia forever since she had missions to be part of and lead and needed the good old check off by the counselor and/or the CMO.

"I assume sitting is still the normal routine?" Lillian asked with a small laugh as she went for the chair. "How was your trip, Lydia?"

(Because like I mentioned in my first response, she didn't come see her until the next day)
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:06 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

Lillian entered because she was there, Lydia had told her to, and because it all needed to get out of the way. She had been avoiding it for long enough and also had a busy day that day. She just couldn't avoid Lydia forever since she had missions to be part of and lead and needed the good old check off by the counselor and/or the CMO.

"I assume sitting is still the normal routine?" Lillian asked with a small laugh as she went for the chair. "How was your trip, Lydia?"

"It was good. My family is all worked out and spending time together, with the exception of Alyssa. That's going to be harder task deal with than Darien was." Lydia answered smiling, as she took a seat across from her. "I hope Alyssa did a good job as my replacement even though it was a short time. At least it feels that way."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:47 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"It was good. My family is all worked out and spending time together, with the exception of Alyssa. That's going to be harder task deal with than Darien was." Lydia answered smiling, as she took a seat across from her. "I hope Alyssa did a good job as my replacement even though it was a short time. At least it feels that way."

"That's good to hear--I'm very close to my family and its nice to know that some people are close to theirs too." Lillian said with a smile on her face. "Speaking of family, let me extend another apology on behalf of Taylor's behavior last night. I told him he had no choice but to see you and he was frustrated and took it out on you and he shouldn't have done that. Next time he sees you, he'll be much more accommodating. This is about me though, and I know that...so what questions do you have first?"
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:01 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"That's good to hear--I'm very close to my family and its nice to know that some people are close to theirs too." Lillian said with a smile on her face. "Speaking of family, let me extend another apology on behalf of Taylor's behavior last night. I told him he had no choice but to see you and he was frustrated and took it out on you and he shouldn't have done that. Next time he sees you, he'll be much more accommodating. This is about me though, and I know that...so what questions do you have first?"

"No need to apologize. He did that himself." Lydia answered. "Since it was your home planet being attacked, I want to make sure that you're okay. I understand that your son and a few other members of your family were infected. Did that make you want to hurt anyone? Or did it make you want to find a cure as fast as you could?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:39 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"No need to apologize. He did that himself." Lydia answered. "Since it was your home planet being attacked, I want to make sure that you're okay. I understand that your son and a few other members of your family were infected. Did that make you want to hurt anyone? Or did it make you want to find a cure as fast as you could?"

"Even so, I know how he can be," Lillian laughed, and then she took a deep breath.

She had to think for a moment about what was going on in her head and what kind of answers to tell Lydia right then and there. The woman wasn't empathic, so she couldn't know for certain that Lillian was lying, but her whole demeanor changing told her that she was. So, taking a deep breath, Lillian decided to tell the truth because it was the right thing to do.

"I've always wanted to kill Doclin," Lillian began slowly. "In the beginning it was more of this mutual loathing, but he's doing all of this on purpose. I've been thinking about everything though, lately, and I am not going to stoop to his level. All this did was push me to cure his infection and while I hate him more for threatening my family--and while this is my fight--the Federation will decide what happens to him. I think part of me will always want to kill him, but as a captain that is not my duty unless he directly threatens my crew. If I was not bound by Starfleet rules and regulations I would take him down in a heartbeat but I am so that's irrelevant. All I want to do is get my crew through the missions we're sent on, get married, and eventually become an Admiral."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:17 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"Even so, I know how he can be," Lillian laughed, and then she took a deep breath.

She had to think for a moment about what was going on in her head and what kind of answers to tell Lydia right then and there. The woman wasn't empathic, so she couldn't know for certain that Lillian was lying, but her whole demeanor changing told her that she was. So, taking a deep breath, Lillian decided to tell the truth because it was the right thing to do.

"I've always wanted to kill Doclin," Lillian began slowly. "In the beginning it was more of this mutual loathing, but he's doing all of this on purpose. I've been thinking about everything though, lately, and I am not going to stoop to his level. All this did was push me to cure his infection and while I hate him more for threatening my family--and while this is my fight--the Federation will decide what happens to him. I think part of me will always want to kill him, but as a captain that is not my duty unless he directly threatens my crew. If I was not bound by Starfleet rules and regulations I would take him down in a heartbeat but I am so that's irrelevant. All I want to do is get my crew through the missions we're sent on, get married, and eventually become an Admiral."

Lydia nodded. "Well, you did the right thing. Let's just hope Federation will do the same. You seem to be doing well. Is there anything you need to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

Lydia nodded. "Well, you did the right thing. Let's just hope Federation will do the same. You seem to be doing well. Is there anything you need to talk about?"

"Yeah," Lillian agreed with a gentle nod, "they are rather hard on first time Captains as it is and I'm not only a first time Captain, but a pregnant one that's marrying her MCO. They have faith in me, which I appreciate, but I just feel like something is missing. Yesterday Marlo talked to me about some things to improve the fraternization problem around here, so I'll be writing up the necessary paperwork and putting the rules into action over the next day or two."

She paused a moment and took a deep breath. "Other things like my Chief Intelligence Officer hitting on my husband to be? Or the fact that my husband to be is having a hard time opening up to people? Or that I almost lost my son and now he has this idea in his head that he wants to be a Marine Medic? No, other than all that, I'm totally fine."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:29 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"Yeah," Lillian agreed with a gentle nod, "They are rather hard on first time Captains as it is and I'm not only a first time Captain, but a pregnant one that's marrying her MCO. They have faith in me, which I appreciate, but I just feel like something is missing. Yesterday Marlo talked to me about some things to improve the fraternization problem around here, so I'll be writing up the necessary paperwork and putting the rules into action over the next day or two."

She paused a moment and took a deep breath. "Other things like my Chief Intelligence Officer hitting on my husband to be? Or the fact that my husband to be is having a hard time opening up to people? Or that I almost lost my son and now he has this idea in his head that he wants to be a Marine Medic? No, other than all that, I'm totally fine."

"Well, you could tell your Chief Intelligence Office to not hit on your husband if she wishes to stay on ship. Taylor sort of opened up to me yesterday, so he's at least trying. It's going to take him time, so I wouldn't push it. I can't say that I understand almost losing a child, but you may want to talk to him about being Marine Medic. Educate him about it, and explain your concerns. I would talk to Taylor about it first, just so both of you are on the same page and can support each other." Lydia remarked. "Everything takes. For all we know your son may want to follow in your foot steps and become an Admiral. There's still time for him to pick what he wants to do in life."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"Yeah," Lillian agreed with a gentle nod, "They are rather hard on first time Captains as it is and I'm not only a first time Captain, but a pregnant one that's marrying her MCO. They have faith in me, which I appreciate, but I just feel like something is missing. Yesterday Marlo talked to me about some things to improve the fraternization problem around here, so I'll be writing up the necessary paperwork and putting the rules into action over the next day or two."

"Well, you could tell your Chief Intelligence Office to not hit on your husband if she wishes to stay on ship. Taylor sort of opened up to me yesterday, so he's at least trying. It's going to take him time, so I wouldn't push it. I can't say that I understand almost losing a child, but you may want to talk to him about being a Marine Medic. Educate him about it, and explain your concerns. I would talk to Taylor about it first, just so both of you are on the same page and can support each other." Lydia remarked. "Everything takes time. For all we know your son may want to follow in your foot steps and become an Admiral. There's still time for him to pick what he wants to do in life."

"Believe me, I've thought about it, but honestly I need her and her expertise," Lillian said with a sigh as she thought about Marlena. "I'm just going to have to get over it because I can't show favoritism and I can't yell at her really because I'm supposed to be professional and while she is as well, Taylor isn't pressing any charges, so he can handle it. It just bothers me, as it would any woman."

To be honest, Lillian trusted Taylor more than anything and knew he wouldn't act on any advances made toward him, she just wasn't exactly happy about it. Since she was marrying him, she knew that it was just jealousy and she could let such issues go as long as she focused on the fact that this was about her leading a ship and not yelling at everyone that hit on Taylor. She had to be a captain, and she had to let Lydia's other words sink in because they both knew that Lydia knew what she was doing.

"I know I can't push Taylor into having more friends, I just worry about him sometimes," Lillian explained with a gentle nod. "He's so into his duty and I'm proud of him for that and I love that Sareth is taking an interest, I just have to remind myself that he's only 5 and while he'll be 6 by the time his brother or sister is born, he still has a good 12 years before he joins Starfleet Academy if that's what he wants, so he'll be fine. Taylor and I just have to actually sit down and figure out how we're going to do parenting...we haven't really discussed that yet."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:39 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"Well, you could tell your Chief Intelligence Office to not hit on your husband if she wishes to stay on ship. Taylor sort of opened up to me yesterday, so he's at least trying. It's going to take him time, so I wouldn't push it. I can't say that I understand almost losing a child, but you may want to talk to him about being a Marine Medic. Educate him about it, and explain your concerns. I would talk to Taylor about it first, just so both of you are on the same page and can support each other." Lydia remarked. "Everything takes time. For all we know your son may want to follow in your foot steps and become an Admiral. There's still time for him to pick what he wants to do in life."

"Believe me, I've thought about it, but honestly I need her and her expertise," Lillian said with a sigh as she thought about Marlena. "I'm just going to have to get over it because I can't show favoritism and I can't yell at her really because I'm supposed to be professional and while she is as well, Taylor isn't pressing any charges, so he can handle it. It just bothers me, as it would any woman."

To be honest, Lillian trusted Taylor more than anything and knew he wouldn't act on any advances made toward him, she just wasn't exactly happy about it. Since she was marrying him, she knew that it was just jealousy and she could let such issues go as long as she focused on the fact that this was about her leading a ship and not yelling at everyone that hit on Taylor. She had to be a captain, and she had to let Lydia's other words sink in because they both knew that Lydia knew what she was doing.

"I know I can't push Taylor into having more friends, I just worry about him sometimes," Lillian explained with a gentle nod. "He's so into his duty and I'm proud of him for that and I love that Sareth is taking an interest, I just have to remind myself that he's only 5 and while he'll be 6 by the time his brother or sister is born, he still has a good 12 years before he joins Starfleet Academy if that's what he wants, so he'll be fine. Taylor and I just have to actually sit down and figure out how we're going to do parenting...we haven't really discussed that yet."

Lydia nodded. "I strongly suggest you do that before the baby comes. Yes, you do have to remind yourself of Sareth age but I also want you to remind yourself that you do need to take time out for yourself. You've got a lot of stress, and you need to relax every once in awhile. I'm not saying this because you're pregnant, I'm saying this because you're the Captain and everyone forgets to give themselves time to relax."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:06 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

Lydia nodded. "I strongly suggest you do that before the baby comes. Yes, you do have to remind yourself of Sareth age but I also want you to remind yourself that you do need to take time out for yourself. You've got a lot of stress, and you need to relax every once in awhile. I'm not saying this because you're pregnant, I'm saying this because you're the Captain and everyone forgets to give themselves time to relax."

"I'm just used to doing things on my own or looking to my parents for support," Lillian began, not really realizing at first just how much she was opening up--she hadn't even told Taylor this next part, only Marlo and her families knew. "Salyn was Vulcan and while he loved me and Sareth and he was devoted to us because we were his family, I did things on my own. Salyn was more interested in his duty to the Federation than he was in his duty to us and I guess that's something that he and Taylor used to have in common, but I know Taylor will be hands on. I think that's part of what worries me and thrills me all at once because he'll actually help me. He'll actually take time out to do this with me and I'm not used to that."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"I'm just used to doing things on my own or looking to my parents for support," Lillian began, not really realizing at first just how much she was opening up--she hadn't even told Taylor this next part, only Marlo and her families knew. "Salyn was Vulcan and while he loved me and Sareth and he was devoted to us because we were his family, I did things on my own. Salyn was more interested in his duty to the Federation than he was in his duty to us and I guess that's something that he and Taylor used to have in common, but I know Taylor will be hands on. I think that's part of what worries me and thrills me all at once because he'll actually help me. He'll actually take time out to do this with me and I'm not used to that."

"You sound a bit surprised. Taylor can do this and so can you. You just need to tell him how you feel and discuss parenting. Taylor and Salyn may have similarities, but Taylor is different and will be hands on for sure. He loves you and you love him." Lydia smiled. "You can do this. Just need to talk about it with him."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"You sound a bit surprised. Taylor can do this and so can you. You just need to tell him how you feel and discuss parenting. Taylor and Salyn may have similarities, but Taylor is different and will be hands on for sure. He loves you and you love him." Lydia smiled. "You can do this. Just need to talk about it with him."

"Taylor and I always end up talking about everything," Lillian told Lydia with a laugh. "So don't worry, it'll get done. I've always known that Taylor would be a natural father, I guess I just never expected it--at least not this fast. Our physiology matches, but I expected us to have to try harder to get a baby and then to ease him into things. As always, though, he has surprised me and he seems mostly ready. One is never ready for parenthood, but he'll take on the task with grace and I'll finally know what it's like to have a partner. So...other than all of this is there anything else we should discuss?"
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"Taylor and I always end up talking about everything," Lillian told Lydia with a laugh. "So don't worry, it'll get done. I've always known that Taylor would be a natural father, I guess I just never expected it--at least not this fast. Our physiology matches, but I expected us to have to try harder to get a baby and then to ease him into things. As always, though, he has surprised me and he seems mostly ready. One is never ready for parenthood, but he'll take on the task with grace and I'll finally know what it's like to have a partner. So...other than all of this is there anything else we should discuss?"

"I would like to talk to you about my cousin, Alyssa." Lydia answered. "She has informed me that she's staying on. Which is good, I'm not saying that her staying is bad. I just know that she has trust issues, and her parents want to talk to her. I honestly don't know what went on between her and her parents, but I would like to help her move past whatever happened. Even if it means, bring her parents on board the ship for a day or two. I know forcing her to face this might not be the best idea, but there's a good choice that when she breaks down, she'll be unfit to do anything. Alyssa went off the grid for a complete year. I don't want that to happen again. I was just wondering what your thoughts are. Do you think I'd be able to get her to talk about it without having her parents show up?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:04 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"I would like to talk to you about my cousin, Alyssa." Lydia answered. "She has informed me that she's staying on. Which is good, I'm not saying that her staying is bad. I just know that she has trust issues, and her parents want to talk to her. I honestly don't know what went on between her and her parents, but I would like to help her move past whatever happened. Even if it means, bring her parents on board the ship for a day or two. I know forcing her to face this might not be the best idea, but there's a good choice that when she breaks down, she'll be unfit to do anything. Alyssa went off the grid for a complete year. I don't want that to happen again. I was just wondering what your thoughts are. Do you think I'd be able to get her to talk about it without having her parents show up?"

"I think that Alyssa needs to deal with things on her own time," Lillian said slowly as she took the information in. "When you push people to do things they're not ready for, sometimes it had disastrous consequences and I don't think it's for us to do anything about it. While I want everyone to be as close to their families as I am to mine, I don't want to force anyone to do what they don't want to do...not when it comes to something as delicate as this."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:17 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"I think that Alyssa needs to deal with things on her own time," Lillian said slowly as she took the information in. "When you push people to do things they're not ready for, sometimes it had disastrous consequences and I don't think it's for us to do anything about it. While I want everyone to be as close to their families as I am to mine, I don't want to force anyone to do what they don't want to do...not when it comes to something as delicate as this."

Lydia nodded. "I understand. Just know that Alyssa has had years to do deal with it, and has chosen not to. I'll try not to bring this up, but it's going to be a bit hard since I spent time with her parents and my family. I guess I'm just going to need to be careful about what I say to her. All I did was mention that her parents want to talk to her and that I thought she should talk to them, and Alyssa just got mad. I'll try not to force her, but I'm concerned about what's going to happen if she doesn't face this and take this chance to talk with her parents."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 am

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

Lydia nodded. "I understand. Just know that Alyssa has had years to do deal with it, and has chosen not to. I'll try not to bring this up, but it's going to be a bit hard since I spent time with her parents and my family. I guess I'm just going to need to be careful about what I say to her. All I did was mention that her parents want to talk to her and that I thought she should talk to them, and Alyssa just got mad. I'll try not to force her, but I'm concerned about what's going to happen if she doesn't face this and take this chance to talk with her parents."

"Oh, I hear you and I agree," Lillian admitted, "I just think it has to be done on her time."

She took a deep breath as she thought it over because she knew that not handling it was unhealthy, but it was even more unhealthy to force Alyssa into it all and Alyssa hadn't wanted to do it when Lillian had talked to her about it earlier that day. So, Lillian wanted Lydia to be aware that this needed to happen when Alyssa said it could happen.

"You have every right to bring your family aboard, but don't force Alyssa into anything--it might make her run and that's the opposite of what you want." Lillian told her slowly. "Just because she's had years doesn't mean she's ready--some people never reconcile with their parents."
Back to top Go down
Lydia Shields

Lydia Shields

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:56 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lydia's Office

"Come in." Lydia called.

"Oh, I hear you and I agree," Lillian admitted, "I just think it has to be done on her time."

She took a deep breath as she thought it over because she knew that not handling it was unhealthy, but it was even more unhealthy to force Alyssa into it all and Alyssa hadn't wanted to do it when Lillian had talked to her about it earlier that day. So, Lillian wanted Lydia to be aware that this needed to happen when Alyssa said it could happen.

"You have every right to bring your family aboard, but don't force Alyssa into anything--it might make her run and that's the opposite of what you want." Lillian told her slowly. "Just because she's had years doesn't mean she's ready--some people never reconcile with their parents."

"I know." Lydia sighed. "I just want her to see that her parents are different now. They care about her, and want to fix things. They won't tell me what happened, so it's hard to help when you don't know the specifics. I also know what happens when you push Alyssa, and I don't want her to run or do something stupid."

She thought for a moment then sighed again. She really didn't know what to do here. She wanted to help, but she was finding it hard to do.

"I just don't know what to do. I don't know if me helping is the right thing to do." Lydia admitted, more to herself then Lillian. "I can just see it going wrong and her running along with her never speaking to her family ever. I don't know what to do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties   Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lillian/Lydia Catching up & duties
Page 1 of 1