USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries Empty
PostSubject: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

Lars had beamed up to the Fenris to tie up some loose ends before he departed, and now there was one final thing he wanted to take care of. He checked the display on his PADD again, verifying that the individual he was tracking was still walking steadily through the corridors towards him.

"Well, Lieutenant Shields, let's see what your angle is," he murmured to himself and pocketed the device. She was close enough. So, as Alyssa was rounding a corner, Lars stepped out into the corridor to block her path. Grinning a toothy grin, he nodded a greeting.

"Hello lieutenant. How is your day going?"
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

Lars had beamed up to the Fenris to tie up some loose ends before he departed, and now there was one final thing he wanted to take care of. He checked the display on his PADD again, verifying that the individual he was tracking was still walking steadily through the corridors towards him.

"Well, Lieutenant Shields, let's see what your angle is," he murmured to himself and pocketed the device. She was close enough. So, as Alyssa was rounding a corner, Lars stepped out into the corridor to block her path. Grinning a toothy grin, he nodded a greeting.

Alyssa stopped and stared at him. "Hi, my day is fine. What do you want?"

She didn't like walking on eggshells, and simply wanted to know why he was talking her. She remembered her request, and promise which she didn't want to do. She guess that she should apologize for her request, but she really didn't care and only needed to apologize to the Captain, which she did.
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

She didn't like walking on eggshells, and simply wanted to know why he was talking her. She remembered her request, and promise which she didn't want to do. She guess that she should apologize for her request, but she really didn't care and only needed to apologize to the Captain, which she did.

A frown flickered across Lars' face, but he quickly disguised it with his practiced smile. "Direct and to the point. I like that," he said pleasantly, if untruthfully.

"Well, I was thinking about seeing you for some counseling after what I've been through on this latest mission…" He looked forlorn for a moment, and waved his hand as if to indicate the direction of Betazed and all the suffering from the disease. "But I hear you're not Counsellor any more. How about that." Lars shrugged, and took a few steps closer to her.

"I also thought I might need some counseling on another matter, one you might still be able to talk to me about," he said in a lower, more severe voice. "I had a downright rotten time in the briefing, everyone accusing me and saying they hated my guts. Now I can understand all that from Colonel Lucas and Captain Crae, but I was surprised to hear it from you." He fixed her with a piercing gaze and lost his cool smile then.

"So now I'm just wondering…what exactly have I done to make you want to avoid me so bad you'll say it out loud like that?" Lars asked pointedly, his expression dark.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:28 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

A frown flickered across Lars' face, but he quickly disguised it with his practiced smile. "Direct and to the point. I like that," he said pleasantly, if untruthfully.

"Well, I was thinking about seeing you for some counseling after what I've been through on this latest mission…" He looked forlorn for a moment, and waved his hand as if to indicate the direction of Betazed and all the suffering from the disease. "But I hear you're not Counsellor any more. How about that." Lars shrugged, and took a few steps closer to her.

"I also thought I might need some counseling on another matter, one you might still be able to talk to me about," he said in a lower, more severe voice. "I had a downright rotten time in the briefing, everyone accusing me and saying they hated my guts. Now I can understand all that from Colonel Lucas and Captain Crae, but I was surprised to hear it from you." He fixed her with a piercing gaze and lost his cool smile then.

"So now I'm just wondering…what exactly have I done to make you want to avoid me so bad you'll say it out loud like that?" Lars asked pointedly, his expression dark.

She glared at him. "I think I now understand why my cousin wanted me to hurt you. I was avoiding you to protect you, but now I think I was the one mistake. I believe in giving second chances, and I don't personal know you so it's not my place to harm you."

She had to breath and try not to yell at him. "I don't give a crap about what you've done or how this mission has affected you. I do, however, care when it comes to you putting my family in danger. So let me make this as perfectly clear as I can. You harm or put any of my family in danger, I will hunt you down and kill."

She knew that threatening someone higher in command was bad, but her couldn't help because her short temper was in control. 'Now, excuse me. I've got better things to do than to improve your pride."

She then moved around him and continued down the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

She glared at him. "I think I now understand why my cousin wanted me to hurt you. I was avoiding you to protect you, but now I think I was the one mistake. I believe in giving second chances, and I don't personal know you so it's not my place to harm you."

She had to breath and try not to yell at him. "I don't give a crap about what you've done or how this mission has affected you. I do, however, care when it comes to you putting my family in danger. So let me make this as perfectly clear as I can. You harm or put any of my family in danger, I will hunt you down and kill."

She knew that threatening someone higher in command was bad, but her couldn't help because her short temper was in control. 'Now, excuse me. I've got better things to do than to improve your pride."

"Stop right there lieutenant!" Lars snapped, always touchy about others respecting his rank (even if he didn't always do likewise). "You are out of line! Now maybe there is some personal issue affecting you at the moment that I don't know about, but regardless, you just threatened a superior officer! So if you don't talk to me I'll have you thrown in the stockade - or worse!" he said menacingly.

With a scowl and narrowed eyes, he continued. "We don't know each other, so let me tell you how things work with me. You can do it the easy way or the hard way. You've heard that one before, right? Well it works for me. So let's do it the easy way and get it taken care of quick so we don't have to do it the hard way, because the hard way is really hard. Now I just have one question," Lars snarled, jabbing a single gloved finger in the air.

"Who-" he asked then, genuinely puzzled "-is your cousin?" The existence of some unknown enemy was always worrying to Lars, and he wanted to get to the bottom of this no matter what. And he was also mystified as to why she thought he was putting her family in danger, although to be fair he did put lots of people's families in danger pretty regularly.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

"Stop right there lieutenant!" Lars snapped, always touchy about others respecting his rank (even if he didn't always do likewise). "You are out of line! Now maybe there is some personal issue affecting you at the moment that I don't know about, but regardless, you just threatened a superior officer! So if you don't talk to me I'll have you thrown in the stockade - or worse!" he said menacingly.

With a scowl and narrowed eyes, he continued. "We don't know each other, so let me tell you how things work with me. You can do it the easy way or the hard way. You've heard that one before, right? Well it works for me. So let's do it the easy way and get it taken care of quick so we don't have to do it the hard way, because the hard way is really hard. Now I just have one question," Lars snarled, jabbing a single gloved finger in the air.

"Who-" he asked then, genuinely puzzled "-is your cousin?" The existence of some unknown enemy was always worrying to Lars, and he wanted to get to the bottom of this no matter what. And he was also mystified as to why she thought he was putting her family in danger, although to be fair he did put lots of people's families in danger pretty regularly.

She turn slightly. "Darien Shields. He got shot on the mission where you left Taylor for dead. Not to mention when you tried to kill everyone on the Starbase. I'm not holding anything against you. Frankly, because I don't know you, and you don't know me. You may go ahead and do your worse. Please note that I'll be filing a harassment charges against you when you do. You want respect, then you should respect others as well. Sorry for the threat, but I happen to be a short tempered person and I meant it as a warning. And this is me respecting you as much as I possibly can since you haven't show any respect to me."

She sighed. "I'm sorry for offending. I mostly take the hard way because the easy way is for lazy people. I also know for a fact that you can do your job, and I respect you for it. There was something in the air on the Starbase that made everyone crazy, which is probably why my cousin is hold something against you. I know that it was most likely his own fault for getting shot. My cousin may be good at his job, but he's sometimes stupid. And that's lightly putting it. Is there anything else you'd like to know? Darien Shields is not a threat to you, and is no longer in Starfleet. I'm also not a threat to you as long as you don't put me or my cousin Lydia, who's the new counselor, in danger."
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

She turn slightly. "Darien Shields. He got shot on the mission where you left Taylor for dead. Not to mention when you tried to kill everyone on the Starbase. I'm not holding anything against you. Frankly, because I don't know you, and you don't know me. You may go ahead and do your worse. Please note that I'll be filing a harassment charges against you when you do. You want respect, then you should respect others as well. Sorry for the threat, but I happen to be a short tempered person and I meant it as a warning. And this is me respecting you as much as I possibly can since you haven't show any respect to me."

She sighed. "I'm sorry for offending. I mostly take the hard way because the easy way is for lazy people. I also know for a fact that you can do your job, and I respect you for it. There was something in the air on the Starbase that made everyone crazy, which is probably why my cousin is hold something against you. I know that it was most likely his own fault for getting shot. My cousin may be good at his job, but he's sometimes stupid. And that's lightly putting it. Is there anything else you'd like to know? Darien Shields is not a threat to you, and is no longer in Starfleet. I'm also not a threat to you as long as you don't put me or my cousin Lydia, who's the new counselor, in danger."

Lars blinked in confusion. "Who?" Her words sunk in, and he played back the mission in his mind for a moment.

"Oh, the engineer!" he said, grinning in comprehension. Relief flooded into him that he wasn't being targeted by some kind of intergalactic mafia or something. Still, inwardly he scowled at the thought of more fallout from that damned away mission. As if he was the first officer to have things go wrong on the ground.

"Well, I can understand his concern, but if you and he will take another look at the official reports, you'll see that my actions on that mission have been cleared by an independent Starfleet review board. So I suggest you and whatever family members of yours are worked up about it just relax, yes?" he said airily and waved a hand, unconcerned. So what if a few goldshirts were upset with him? They could join the club, as far as he was concerned.

Nevertheless, he could take her words with a kind of grudging understanding and nodded amicably, no longer worried about any threat from her. "Well, I can respect your stubbornness and loyalty to family. The whole thing was a difficult situation, I'll admit. And, I don't suppose it matters, but I remember this cousin of yours did a decent job as engineer aboard the Furling in the battle over Baicephorus VII. So he breaks even in my book, I suppose."

Lars changed the subject a little, relaxed now. "You know, I have to say, you made a good call transferring out of counseling. You'd make a much better security officer…or marine," he said, suppressing shudder at that last word. "Because you're right...only the lazy people take the easy way."
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

Lars blinked in confusion. "Who?" Her words sunk in, and he played back the mission in his mind for a moment.

"Oh, the engineer!" he said, grinning in comprehension. Relief flooded into him that he wasn't being targeted by some kind of intergalactic mafia or something. Still, inwardly he scowled at the thought of more fallout from that damned away mission. As if he was the first officer to have things go wrong on the ground.

"Well, I can understand his concern, but if you and he will take another look at the official reports, you'll see that my actions on that mission have been cleared by an independent Starfleet review board. So I suggest you and whatever family members of yours are worked up about it just relax, yes?" he said airily and waved a hand, unconcerned. So what if a few goldshirts were upset with him? They could join the club, as far as he was concerned.

Nevertheless, he could take her words with a kind of grudging understanding and nodded amicably, no longer worried about any threat from her. "Well, I can respect your stubbornness and loyalty to family. The whole thing was a difficult situation, I'll admit. And, I don't suppose it matters, but I remember this cousin of yours did a decent job as engineer aboard the Furling in the battle over Baicephorus VII. So he breaks even in my book, I suppose."

Lars changed the subject a little, relaxed now. "You know, I have to say, you made a good call transferring out of counseling. You'd make a much better security officer…or marine," he said, suppressing shudder at that last word. "Because you're right...only the lazy people take the easy way."

She laughed. "I wouldn't dare to be a marine. I know that I have what it takes to be a security office, not a marine. I don't want to do their job. By the way, I did read that report and Darien just needs a grudge to hold on to. He'll soon have a grudge against me, and forget what he ever had one against you. Like I said, I'm not holding anything against you. We don't know each other. So consider this being our first chance of getting to know each other... sort of. We're both bad at this, aren't we? Well, maybe just me. I'll take the blame."

He had changed the subject, so she felt like she could try being light hearted about them attempting to know each other. Well, her sad attempt anyways.
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

She laughed. "I wouldn't dare to be a marine. I know that I have what it takes to be a security office, not a marine. I don't want to do their job. By the way, I did read that report and Darien just needs a grudge to hold on to. He'll soon have a grudge against me, and forget what he ever had one against you. Like I said, I'm not holding anything against you. We don't know each other. So consider this being our first chance of getting to know each other... sort of. We're both bad at this, aren't we? Well, maybe just me. I'll take the blame."

He had changed the subject, so she felt like she could try being light hearted about them attempting to know each other. Well, her sad attempt anyways.

"I'm happy to hear that. Last thing we need is another marine around here," Lars said jovially, his posture relaxing. He shrugged and leaned against the bulkhead slightly. "Well, everyone makes mistakes of judgement. I've made them before. Colonel Lucas did a good job of exaggerating those mistakes in the briefing, but you get the idea." He looked forlorn for a moment, but waved it away soon enough.

"Well, I'm happy to have cleared things up, Lieutenant Shields. Now then, I'm leaving soon with the Mitterand to transport the decoy bomb to Starfleet for analysis. Good luck with your new security assignment. I'm sure you'll do fine as long as you keeping avoiding the easy way, but if you ever run into anyone or anything that seems to require more than the hard way…just give me call and we'll see if we can't take care of that together." He clicked a finger at her and winked. "It's the least I can do."

Lars was more conscious about making allies wherever he could these days, and in this case such an offer might lead to an unexpected intelligence bonus down the road. And it was the nice thing to do, he told himself.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:10 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

"I'm happy to hear that. Last thing we need is another marine around here," Lars said jovially, his posture relaxing. He shrugged and leaned against the bulkhead slightly. "Well, everyone makes mistakes of judgement. I've made them before. Colonel Lucas did a good job of exaggerating those mistakes in the briefing, but you get the idea." He looked forlorn for a moment, but waved it away soon enough.

"Well, I'm happy to have cleared things up, Lieutenant Shields. Now then, I'm leaving soon with the Mitterand to transport the decoy bomb to Starfleet for analysis. Good luck with your new security assignment. I'm sure you'll do fine as long as you keeping avoiding the easy way, but if you ever run into anyone or anything that seems to require more than the hard way…just give me call and we'll see if we can't take care of that together." He clicked a finger at her and winked. "It's the least I can do."

Lars was more conscious about making allies wherever he could these days, and in this case such an offer might lead to an unexpected intelligence bonus down the road. And it was the nice thing to do, he told himself.

"I'll keep you in mind." She nodded. "Good luck with your assignment. If you need anything, let me know. I've got skills that you may find useful."

She could help smiling. She turn and walked away. "Bye Lieutenant Commander Janssen." She called over her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Corridors
|| 1200 (day after that)

"I'll keep you in mind." She nodded. "Good luck with your assignment. If you need anything, let me know. I've got skills that you may find useful."

She could help smiling. She turn and walked away. "Bye Lieutenant Commander Janssen." She called over her shoulder.

"Goodbye, lieutenant." Lars watched her go, grinning appreciatively. Tough girl, he thought. She showed promise. Still, he'd have to remember to ask Marlena to keep an eye on that one, just to be sure. With that he turned his thoughts to other matters, and made his way down the corridor in the opposite direction.

(looks good, now we wait for a chance to post it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries   Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alyssa/Lars - Querulous queries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Mission Center :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: