USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship Empty
PostSubject: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:20 am

||USS Fenris
||Just Outside Lilly/Taylor's Quarters
||0754 hours

Marlo stretched as she approached the door to Lilly's and Taylor's quarters. She gotten off her night shift on the bridge, napped for about an hour and decided to go try to fix the almost broken friendship with Taylor. they didn't really talk anymore, and there was a time when they talked about everything.

It was out of character for Marlo to let one of her friendships hang on by a mere thread, especially when that one person she was letting fall through the cracks was the one marrying her near sister. Something had to be done. And that was why she opened the door now.

"Good morning! I've actually not come to see you Lil. I'm going to steal your fiance for the morning." Marlo said, her voice oozing cheer.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:14 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

Marlo stretched as she approached the door to Lilly's and Taylor's quarters. She gotten off her night shift on the bridge, napped for about an hour and decided to go try to fix the almost broken friendship with Taylor. they didn't really talk anymore, and there was a time when they talked about everything.

It was out of character for Marlo to let one of her friendships hang on by a mere thread, especially when that one person she was letting fall through the cracks was the one marrying her near sister. Something had to be done. And that was why she opened the door now.

"Good morning! I've actually not come to see you Lil. I'm going to steal your fiance for the morning." Marlo said, her voice oozing cheer.

At the mention of himself, Taylor peeked around the corner to see Marlo at the front door bold as brass. Taylor wondered what exactly she was after. She barely spoke to him in a professional way let alone personally. For all he knew it was going to be a normal working day so he was showered and dressed in his duty uniform when the redheaded apparition had stumbled through the door.

"And what exactly are you stealing me for commander?" he asked in a professional way, standing at ease with his hands clasped behind his back. "Not done something wrong have I?"
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:44 pm

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

At the mention of himself, Taylor peeked around the corner to see Marlo at the front door bold as brass. Taylor wondered what exactly she was after. She barely spoke to him in a professional way let alone personally. For all he knew it was going to be a normal working day so he was showered and dressed in his duty uniform when the redheaded apparition had stumbled through the door.

"And what exactly are you stealing me for commander?" he asked in a professional way, standing at ease with his hands clasped behind his back. "Not done something wrong have I?"

Marlo raised her eyebrows, because she couldn't raise just one like she wanted. "No, you haven't done anything wrong. We were friends once--I want to repair it. I remember when we used to talk about everything, our families, our friends, our love lives. but now it's all professional all the time, and I figure since you're going to become part of my second family, we should rebuild."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:07 pm

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

Marlo raised her eyebrows, because she couldn't raise just one like she wanted. "No, you haven't done anything wrong. We were friends once--I want to repair it. I remember when we used to talk about everything, our families, our friends, our love lives. but now it's all professional all the time, and I figure since you're going to become part of my second family, we should rebuild."

The Bajoran's statement made Taylor raise an eyebrow in an almost mocking fashion as he tried to fathom exactly what Marlo was getting at. "We're in Starfleet, we're suppose to be professional commander. You're the executive officer and outside these quarters Lillian is the commanding officer. But I hear what you're saying, we can't always be Starfleet officers all the time. So what did you have in mind, Red?"
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:23 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

The Bajoran's statement made Taylor raise an eyebrow in an almost mocking fashion as he tried to fathom exactly what Marlo was getting at. "We're in Starfleet, we're suppose to be professional commander. You're the executive officer and outside these quarters Lillian is the commanding officer. But I hear what you're saying, we can't always be Starfleet officers all the time. So what did you have in mind, Red?"

Marlo actually hadn't thought it completely through to be honest. She'd thought about the holodeck, but that was as far as she got. She'd woken up from a nap twenty minutes before.

"Well, I figured we could go spend time in the holodeck, run some holonovel or something, Oaf." Marlo laughed, going back to what she used to call him when they were friends.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

Marlo actually hadn't thought it completely through to be honest. She'd thought about the holodeck, but that was as far as she got. She'd woken up from a nap twenty minutes before.

"Well, I figured we could go spend time in the holodeck, run some holonovel or something, Oaf." Marlo laughed, going back to what she used to call him when they were friends.

"A holonovel." said the marine with a raised eyebrow once more. The thought of running one of those with Marlo seemed tedious at best. However an evil smile seemed to cross his face. "We used to spar a lot and I think you're getting soft. You Bajorans are all good with rifles but up close and personal it's like fighting a Ferengi. How about we get some boxing in?"
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:07 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"A holonovel." said the marine with a raised eyebrow once more. The thought of running one of those with Marlo seemed tedious at best. However an evil smile seemed to cross his face. "We used to spar a lot and I think you're getting soft. You Bajorans are all good with rifles but up close and personal it's like fighting a Ferengi. How about we get some boxing in?"

Marlo scrunched up her nose. The last time she had fought someone, she'd ended up near death, with three broken ribs almost puncturing the lower chambers of her horizontal heart. She hadn't known it at the time, but after she'd been in sickbay and looked at her scans, she'd promised herself that she wouldn't get up close and personal when she fought anymore. She knew Taylor would never hurt her that bad, on purpose or otherwise, but she was more careful than she used to be.

"Fine." She sighed. "Have you eaten? We could stop by the mess hall; workouts always make me hungry."

She could always stop if she felt like it.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:00 pm

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

Marlo scrunched up her nose. The last time she had fought someone, she'd ended up near death, with three broken ribs almost puncturing the lower chambers of her horizontal heart. She hadn't known it at the time, but after she'd been in sickbay and looked at her scans, she'd promised herself that she wouldn't get up close and personal when she fought anymore. She knew Taylor would never hurt her that bad, on purpose or otherwise, but she was more careful than she used to be.

"Fine." She sighed. "Have you eaten? We could stop by the mess hall; workouts always make me hungry."

"I wake up at 0500 hours everyday. I'm showered and fed." replied Taylor with an almost winning smile. He enjoyed hand-to-hand combat with Marlo and now that she was game for sparring with him again it was like old times. Taylor knew that a marine and an engineer was no fair match for anything to do with combat so he often did take things easy, using the sparring sessions as lessons rather than actual fights. "I'll go easy on you alright? Then we'll cool down, shower and see what the day brings. C'mon, lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:17 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"I wake up at 0500 hours everyday. I'm showered and fed." replied Taylor with an almost winning smile. He enjoyed hand-to-hand combat with Marlo and now that she was game for sparring with him again it was like old times. Taylor knew that a marine and an engineer was no fair match for anything to do with combat so he often did take things easy, using the sparring sessions as lessons rather than actual fights. "I'll go easy on you alright? Then we'll cool down, shower and see what the day brings. C'mon, lead the way."

"I don't want your pity." Marlo joked as she laughed.

She opened the door and ushered Taylor out in front of her, she turned then waved at Lillian, and followed him out the door, falling instep with him as they walked down the hallway. They must have looked like the odd pair, the XO and the Marine Co, but Marlo didn't care. She was well rested and ready to take on whatever the day threw at her.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

She opened the door and ushered Taylor out in front of her, she turned then waved at Lillian, and followed him out the door, falling instep with him as they walked down the hallway. They must have looked like the odd pair, the XO and the Marine Co, but Marlo didn't care. She was well rested and ready to take on whatever the day threw at her.

Shaking his head with a small smile he walked along the corridor. There wasn't much else Taylor could say about it until they got to the holodeck. When they did reach the room Taylor replicated boxing dress for them and proceeded to change. As he did he decided to speak. "So, how are you feeling about going from CEO to XO. That's got to be a hell of a transition. From going from the factory floor to the office. How do you cope?"
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

Shaking his head with a small smile he walked along the corridor. There wasn't much else Taylor could say about it until they got to the holodeck. When they did reach the room Taylor replicated boxing dress for them and proceeded to change. As he did he decided to speak. "So, how are you feeling about going from CEO to XO. That's got to be a hell of a transition. From going from the factory floor to the office. How do you cope?"

"It's weird." Marlo admitted as she pulled her long red hair into a ponytail. "Some days I find myself in Engineering, without really knowing how I got there in the first place--I've been late to so many bridge shifts that way. But I can't deny loving sitting in the seat of power. Why do you think I went through eight years in the academy for my captain's training instead of the standard four?"

It hadn't been for the studying that's for sure. Marlo hated tests, but she loved having all the power at her command, even though she wasn't captain, she was still just as powerful. She also couldn't deny the thrill of using something she'd created, be it ship or technology while in the seat of power--she was itching to use the transferred phase cannon, but also was avoiding causing destruction with it.

"So are you looking forward to your coming weddings? You realize that by the time this is all over with, Lilly will have had four? One Vulcan, one human, and two Betazoid."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:35 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"It's weird." Marlo admitted as she pulled her long red hair into a ponytail. "Some days I find myself in Engineering, without really knowing how I got there in the first place--I've been late to so many bridge shifts that way. But I can't deny loving sitting in the seat of power. Why do you think I went through eight years in the academy for my captain's training instead of the standard four?"

It hadn't been for the studying that's for sure. Marlo hated tests, but she loved having all the power at her command, even though she wasn't captain, she was still just as powerful. She also couldn't deny the thrill of using something she'd created, be it ship or technology while in the seat of power--she was itching to use the transferred phase cannon, but also was avoiding causing destruction with it.

"So are you looking forward to your coming weddings? You realize that by the time this is all over with, Lilly will have had four? One Vulcan, one human, and two Betazoid."

"I wouldn't be getting married to her and not looking forward to our weddings. And I'm aware of her previous marriage, sometimes I think her last husband was a better man than I. He stayed after all." answered Taylor who looked rather solemn as he put on his boxing gloves. "Hopefully you'll be getting your own ship soon. I know ReneƩ has gotten her ship back but what I'm not looking forward to is seeing my parents at the wedding. Hopefully their invites will get lost in subspace. Should I be so lucky anyway."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:24 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"I wouldn't be getting married to her and not looking forward to our weddings. And I'm aware of her previous marriage, sometimes I think her last husband was a better man than I. He stayed after all." answered Taylor who looked rather solemn as he put on his boxing gloves. "Hopefully you'll be getting your own ship soon. I know ReneƩ has gotten her ship back but what I'm not looking forward to is seeing my parents at the wedding. Hopefully their invites will get lost in subspace. Should I be so lucky anyway."

Marlo coughed and rubbed her neck with her right hand. She had never actually boxed before and the gloves felt weird. She didn't want to put them on.

"Yeah, you never get used to seeing your parents naked. I don't know how Betazoids do it...and I know you know about her previous marriage. I was the one who told you about it in the first place...Remember? I don't think he was--he may have stayed but, it was only after she had changed everything about herself. Megan is more like Lilly was, before she wanted the challenge of going after a Vulcan; unafraid to read minds, and an incurable flirt." Marlo admitted. "She slept with you when you guys first met didn't she?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

Marlo coughed and rubbed her neck with her right hand. She had never actually boxed before and the gloves felt weird. She didn't want to put them on.

"Yeah, you never get used to seeing your parents naked. I don't know how Betazoids do it...and I know you know about her previous marriage. I was the one who told you about it in the first place...Remember? I don't think he was--he may have stayed but, it was only after she had changed everything about herself. Megan is more like Lilly was, before she wanted the challenge of going after a Vulcan; unafraid to read minds, and an incurable flirt." Marlo admitted. "She slept with you when you guys first met didn't she?"

"Put your gloves on, they'll protect your knuckles and my face." pointed out Taylor with a teasing smile. He got into his stance as he nodded at the question. "She did, I just assumed it was the Betazoid thing. We met at some ball that my battalion commander was so keen to get me involved in. Had a dance, went for a walk...ended up in bed. I had a good feeling about her and I knew Lillian was the one."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"Put your gloves on, they'll protect your knuckles and my face." pointed out Taylor with a teasing smile. He got into his stance as he nodded at the question. "She did, I just assumed it was the Betazoid thing. We met at some ball that my battalion commander was so keen to get me involved in. Had a dance, went for a walk...ended up in bed. I had a good feeling about her and I knew Lillian was the one."

Marlo crossed her arms over her chest and eyed the gloves suspiciously.

"You humans find this entertaining? If I have to..." As she put the gloves on she pretended to gag at his last comment. "So why didn't you go back like you promised? I know everything."

Marlo mirrored Taylor's stance, although she had no idea what she was doing...she would've preferred a good sparring, or a tennis match, but she'd agreed to boxing and wasn't going to back down, now. She sighed reluctantly and put in what she assumed to be a mouth guard just in case. If only she'd had time to study boxing before partaking in this barbaric human activity...
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:42 am

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"You humans find this entertaining? If I have to..." As she put the gloves on she pretended to gag at his last comment. "So why didn't you go back like you promised? I know everything."

Marlo mirrored Taylor's stance, although she had no idea what she was doing...she would've preferred a good sparring, or a tennis match, but she'd agreed to boxing and wasn't going to back down, now. She sighed reluctantly and put in what she assumed to be a mouth guard just in case. If only she'd had time to study boxing before partaking in this barbaric human activity...

"Well, entertainment is one aspect of it." replied Taylor rather defensively. "It's a good muscle workout and it's great for cardiovascular. No offence Marlo but ever since you got that comfy chair beside Lillian you've been getting love handles. Time to get you into your fighting fit shape again." he added as a way of teasing her. However her question seemed to take him aback as he tried to settle himself enough to answer.

"Duty, really. After the Dominion War there was a lot of clean up to be done. Peacekeeping, humanitarian missions...marines can go from a combat role to a peacetime one in the snap of a finger but that war left a lot of broken homes and bad memories. No marine within my platoon had opted to see family or take leave and as their officer I had to show them that I was willing to make the same sacrifice. By the time the clean up was done my recon platoon was the first boots on the ground for Thesa Prime. Pain of being a Spaceborne Ranger."

With a sad shrug he raised his hands. "Come on commander, lemme see what you've got."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:21 pm

||USS Fenris
||0754 hours

"Well, entertainment is one aspect of it." replied Taylor rather defensively. "It's a good muscle workout and it's great for cardiovascular. No offense Marlo but ever since you got that comfy chair beside Lillian you've been getting love handles. Time to get you into your fighting fit shape again." he added as a way of teasing her. However her question seemed to take him aback as he tried to settle himself enough to answer.

"Duty, really. After the Dominion War there was a lot of clean up to be done. Peacekeeping, humanitarian missions...marines can go from a combat role to a peacetime one in the snap of a finger but that war left a lot of broken homes and bad memories. No marine within my platoon had opted to see family or take leave and as their officer I had to show them that I was willing to make the same sacrifice. By the time the clean up was done my recon platoon was the first boots on the ground for Thesa Prime. Pain of being a Spaceborne Ranger."

With a sad shrug he raised his hands. "Come on commander, lemme see what you've got."

"I think I should be offended. That's the second time you've called me fat today." Marlo joked, trying to ease him past the memory. "I still don't know about this...but okay. Here goes."

<fin?>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:23 pm

tres bien
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Number one..French. Really?
Number two...I'll post it when I'm sure it won't upset Ky's OCD
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:29 pm

You said 'fin', you started this French sensation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship   Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marlo/ Taylor--revisiting an old friendship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Mission Center :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: