USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 4: Runabout Down

Go down 
+7
Marissa Garren
Carlos Salazar
Alyssa Shields
Gabriel Sharpe
Kalen Gespard
Sergeni Kostev
Selina Karr
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Episode 4: Runabout Down Empty
PostSubject: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Episode 4: "Runabout Down"

Synopsis: Returning from a conference at Starbase 514, three crew members find that their shuttle is forced to crash land on the barren world of Kadoshe II. Recovering from the crash, they come under attack from bizarre necrotic creatures…zombies almost. It seems someone has been running unethical tests on the pre-warp inhabitants of the planet, turning them into mindless killers. Their basic urge is to kill and because of all of the things injected into their systems, their bites are infectious, but the symptoms that come from it are just flu like and can be cured with antibiotics.

This is truly a violation of the Prime Directive…if whoever did the experiments even cares about the Prime Directive. The three crew members must overcome their own personal animosities to survive in the harsh environment. Their greatest challenge is that the necrotic lifeforms are highly resistant to energy weapons. Blunt force to the skull seems to work better.

Meanwhile the crew of the Fenris eventually notice that their comrades are late and must search extensively to locate the downed runabout and rescue the passengers. Once there, they notice that there is a network of orbital platforms rigged to emit ion waves to disable passing ships and preserve the planet's privacy. This must be disabled to prevent other ships from sharing the runabout's fate.

And, to complicate matters, some of the species inhabiting the planet could have survived, meaning the crew has to make a difficult First Contact while promising to bring the perpetrators of these unethical experiments to justice.

Objectives - Runabout Crew (Lillian, Taylor, Kalen)

-Set course from Starbase 514 to rendezvous with the Fenris near the Dreitan Nebula
-Deal with unexpected ion storm and make crash landing on Kadoshe II
-Scout immediate area, begin repairs, and attempt to send a distress signal
-Repel attacks from necrotics by any means necessary
-Enlist aid of surviving pre-warp inhabitants of planet

Objectives - Fenris Crew

-Detect runabout's delayed arrival [Ops]
-Commence search procedures [Ops, Flight Control]
-Locate crashed runabout and commence rescue [Marines, Security, Science, Engineering, others]
-Repel attacks from necrotics
-Commence First Contact with surviving pre-warp civilization [Command]
-Develop an airborne antidote capable of disabling necrotics planetwide (Science and Medical)
-Disable network of ion emitters around the planet [Engineering, Tactical]
-Disperse virus in atmosphere [Science and Flight Control]
-Locate and apprehend those responsible for the zombiefication (but use a fancier word for it) for transfer to Federation justice [Security]

Note: This mission will not have a Post Mission...the last one was an absolute disaster and I don't want to deal with another one any time soon. Down
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:37 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Lillian had figured that going to a Conference on Starbase 514 when almost 23 weeks pregnant, would be a fun way to show her command and get her mind off of her own insecurities. She had been thinking far too much about what Elena had said to her and had been letting it fester to the point that Taylor knew that something was up with her. While they weren’t fighting, she was being distant and he knew it was as if he was stepping on eggshells around her—Sareth felt it too.

She had dyed her hair a deep red, dark like her brown hair and yet you could tell that it was red, and she had been going out of her way to be assertive and in control. Lillian had been trying to be the best Captain that she could be and that meant being less everybody’s friend and more everybody’s boss—especially when on duty. While she was with Taylor to do this conference and that wasn’t helping her thought process about Elena’s words, she was with Kalen as well and the three of them were really proving to be a rather good team.

So when the conference was complete, the three of them boarded the shuttle back toward the Fenris and Lillian fidgeted a little bit in her chair. She ran her fingers through her red hair as she tried to put the last two weeks behind her, chewing on her bottom lip nervously. The Conference had gone smoothly, so it couldn’t be that and she had a feeling that Taylor knew that by the way she’d been going out of her way to be overly accommodating for him and yet pushing him just enough away—Kalen was probably just thinking that his captain was feeling the effects of her pregnancy, or simply wanted to stay out of hers and Taylor’s personal life.

Not that the rumors weren’t running rampant as they always were—no one had mentioned anything about any of Taylor’s old girlfriends or anything of course, but Lillian’s sudden hair color change had made crew members speculate on whether this was just part of the ‘new her’, or whether she was going through something really emotional. She had been a bit different though—she was certainly acting a lot more like an actual Captain of a starship.

Glancing at Taylor, Lillian smiled gently at him and then made sure not to let her eyes linger on him too much before she turned back to the window and looked out at the stars. She needed to get her mind off of this so that she could focus on the briefings she needed to do when she got home. Lillian needed to brief Marlo and Gabe so Gabe could brief his department and Marlo could brief the bridge with Kalen and the other Senior Officers with Lillian, and Taylor needed to brief his squad and Security while Kalen took on briefing the Junior Officers, mainly all of the helmsmen.

“Do both of you have all of your paperwork with you?” Lillian asked Taylor, who was undoubtedly thinking it all over and Kalen, who was piloting the shuttle back to the ship.

<Taggles: Taylor and Kalen>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:04 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

The conference had gone over well in Taylor's opinion enough for him to have a little smile as he sat in the co-pilot's chair beside Kalen. While he managed sensors, comms and weapons it left the flight officer to do just that; fly. Why give an overbearing workload to someone when it could be shared. That's how Taylor's mind operated; why make things hard for yourself? As long as it was done right everything else came secondary. He wondered how his squad were getting along but then remembered that Dariak was looking after them so that was something of a blessing.

When Lillian spoke he smiled to himself but it was wiped away when he remembered that she had formalised herself up as a captain. That and they were both, well, distant. It was weird because Lillian wasn't one for distance and Taylor never really had a choice in the matter. He got intimacy regardless of how he felt on the matter and now that he had experienced two sides of the coin he preferred how Lillian was before but that was a conversation for them and them alone.

"I always have my paperwork ma'am, all part of the job." answered Taylor flatly.

Tag: Kalen
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

The ship had been getting quieter since they had returned from Betazed. It was like the planet had put a hush over her and everything had changed minutely. But Kalen felt more at home then ever, he was an at work kind of man, and he enjoyed what he did. Not that being with Alyssa wasn't one of the best things that had happened to him, he just preferred to remain professional and speak only when he was needed. The conference had been very intriguing and he had found many of the speakers enlightening. After making their way back to the runabout he had thought about asking Lillian why she had changed her hair but thought back to his earlier professionalism train of thought and decided not to. He just got aboard and got in his chair. He began to disembark and head back towards the ship, sailing smoothly. He glanced back at the Captain as she spoke and nodded, "Yes Captain." He looked out around them and was pleased as always. He had a slight smile on his face, after all space had it's own beauty. Life and worlds were the beauty of the universe, but he now understood why men of the sailing age on Earth had 'fallen in love with the sea'. He fathomed why that happened, though for some reason the thought of navigating a boat on water made him woozy. He shook his head and refocused on the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Lillian nodded but felt a little bad about Taylor's tone. "I'm just making sure since I'm trying to turn over that new leaf with my command here. I really need people to respect me more and I want to make sure that the two I'm trusting with these briefings are prepared even though I trust you both with them."

With that, Lillian got up and stood between Kalen and Taylor as they piloted the shuttle, watching them as they worked because she had never done that. Pilot. It had never been her thing in the Academy and it kind of fascinated her since she'd only piloted the simulation ones. As a captain she had to be familiar with it and she was, but still had never taken a real one out for a spin.

To ease her mind and Taylor's, Lillian began to run her fingers through his hair, whether it was professional or not. She wanted him to know that she was trying even though she was still kind of sad about everything plaguing her mind, but she didn't want to push him too far away. Lillian still wanted to marry him and have this baby with him and she didn't want him to feel like she didn't value him or anything.

Quite the opposite in fact.

There was no one more important to Lillian than Taylor Lucas except for her son, Sareth, and the baby she was going to have with Taylor. She still wanted him to feel like the biggest part of her life, she was just distant because she was sad and they were going to have to talk about this before it got better...she knew that. Lillian was just avoiding it because Taylor had a habit to just turn it all around on her and just tell her how much he loved her and make her feel bad for feeling bad in the first place because he was there and actually, maybe that was exactly what she needed: more reassurance.

"Looks like we're still a few hours out from the Fenris," Lillian commented as her fingers glided through Taylor's hair effortlessly and with love, her other hand perched on Kalen's pilot's seat.

<Taggles: Taylor and Kalen. Also, feel free to put up posts around this same time on the ship getting ready for the shuttle to get back.>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:54 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

When Lillian ran her hand through Taylor's short brown hair he had to stop himself from giving an intimate purr as he manned the console. It was hard to not turn into the hand, take her to the back of the runabout and show her his appreciation and love like they had done so many months ago. The memory even cause him to give a small smile and a chuckle as he tapped some buttons to bring up the flight data. Taylor was a bit of a dab hand with the LCARS terminals and stations but it wasn't his day job to operate one. If Lillian had to have him at say, Operations, he'd be stood there for a few moments wondering exactly to do whatever she wanted to do. Helm and Tactical however? He had it covered.

"That's correct ma'am. At present speed we'll be there in three hours and twenty two minutes." said Taylor once he had brought up the relevant information. However Taylor had returned to watching the sensors before seeing an ion storm brewing up. The runabout's shields just weren't able to handle such a natural occurrence so he decided to make Kalen aware of this. He hoped that the young pilot wasn't stupid enough to attempt to fly through it.

"Lieutenant there's a class-seven ion storm off the bow. We're going to have to backtrack a little. We can't go over, around or through it so we'll be a little bit late."

Tag: Kalen
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:37 am

||Heimdall
||March 22, 2388

"While I whole-heartedly believe that this shuttle is in capable hands with both of you, I'd rather we find a different approach," Lillian said slowly.

Now, piloting had never been the thing she was the best at and yet she was a terrific problem solver so it made sense to her to think of other options, whatever they might be. If it meant finding a place to set down or even spending an extra moment or two to see just how strong this storm was going to be then they should do that. After all, she had been reminded at the Conference that they were first and foremost an exploration vessel.

Perhaps it was just trying to be the new her, or it was missing her son, but Lillian wanted to get back to the ship without having to go around. She wanted to check in and so she grabbed a nearby console and began to pull up some data on nearby systems. Perhaps they had the time to try and set down somewhere else until the storm passed, but that just might take more time than waiting it out.

"How long would it take for it to pass? Can we set down anywhere to wait it out?" Lillian suggested to the two men. "If we have to go around than we have to go around, but I'd love to have other options. Besides, we're an exploration vessel, remember? Anything we should check out around here before we head on back to the ship? If we're going to be delayed, it shouldn't be for a storm..."

<Taggles: Kalen, and remember to crash land us, boys Wink >
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:11 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Kalen had been going over the readings on the ion storm himself and had been pondering a method of getting through or around it. It would take them more than an hour to skirt the storm. He listened to Lillian's ideas for avoiding the storm and pulled up information on nearby planets that they could set down on for a spell. Mostly they were uninhabitable in this star system, but there was something. "Ma'am there's a class M planet orbiting as the 4th around the star in this system. The trouble is ma'am she's in the path of the storm. If we can make it there first which.." He punched in the numbers and nodded to himself, "It looks like we can, we could set down for a time and take some readings. The storm shouldn't be over us for a huge amount of time. Trouble with ion storms is they're finicky. Can't quite make up their minds about anything. She could gain speed and be over us in an hour or two. She could lose speed and delay us five or six hours. We have no idea ma'am." He pondered and punched the course into the computer.

He kept an eye on his readings on the storm as he fired up the engines and started their quest towards the planet. It wouldn't take too long at full impulse for the little runabout, but he transferred some power over from less important systems to try to give them a boost. He gazed down at this numbers as the ion storm seemingly knew they were coming and was making its way towards the planet as if it was a race. After minutes had passed and it looked like they would win, something changed dramatically. He looked over at Taylor and then down at the readings on the helm, "She.." He cursed, very improper for a man of his station. "She'll overtake us in a matter of seconds." He cursed a second time, "I'm sorry ma'am." He made a mad rush of things to transfer all the power he could from everywhere to boost the shields. They were close enough to the planet that if he could just buy them a minute or two, they would make it to the surface. The ionization wouldn't tear their ship apart if they could make it through the atmosphere. "I'd say brace for impact..but there won't be one." He heard the ship start to hum softly as the ion storm caught them. It depleted all their shields in a matter of moments. "This is what happens when I lose races.." He mumbled softly to himself. "Port nacelles offline. Shields offline." The runabout went dark, "Computers offline." He looked back to Lillian and over to Taylor, "We'll hit atmo in 10 seconds. Now is when we brace for impact." At least they made it through the storm. He heard the metal of the runabout groan as it heated up. His angle should have been right. At least so far it was, they didn't skip over the atmosphere like a stone across a pond. He just hoped the impact with the ground didn't kill them. He looked out as they made it through the atmosphere and saw the land and water masses flowing beneath them as they plummeted out of the sky. He went back to the computer and tried to reboot them, to find power to bring to them. Unfortunately the runabout was a dead stick. "Impact in oh...thirty seconds." He looked as they started to hear thumping and thwomping outside. They were taking down trees as they went. He tried to relax and not brace himself against anything and sat in the chairs in the back of the boat. Instinctively though he grabbed the metal rails and held on as the ship hit the ground and plowed what would probably be a very nice divet in the ground. He held on though, the impact tossing them around like dolls, the forces at work far more powerful than they. He spaced out for a moment or three, welcome the relief that the black brought to him from the stress of the crash.

Tag: Lillian, Taylor
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:39 pm

||USS Fenris, Bridge
||March 23, 2388

Gabe stood in front of the bridge engineering console, catching up on the reports he'd missed while being on the bridge. With Lillian, Taylor and Kalen gone he was currently acting first officer and that meant the other big chair. He'd barely since engineering in the last few days and in truth he was starting to feel withdrawl. While he trusted Lt Kellor, whom he'd left in charge while he was gone, to do his job, He'd have prefered to be down there himself.

He rubbed his beard as he finished reading Ensign H'var's report into the completion of the sensor pod upgrades and brought up the next one as he quickly scanned the ship's current status. He nodded and made an almost silent hum, happy that everything was going well before finishing the last report, then he started pacing the bridge.

He played the good officer, checking each of the bridge's manned consoles, giving each of the crew carefully chosen words of encouragment. Command wasn't his first choice, although he'd had it thrust on him more then a few times now and as much as he hated to admit it, he was actually starting to enjoy it.

"Ensign Roberts, any word on the Heimdall? " he asked as he passed Ops.

"None thus far Commander. But given the flight plan they logged before they left Starbase 514 they should be here within the next three hours and twelve minutes."

Gabe smiled, "I read the report as well Ensign."

"Of course Commander... sorry."

"Relax Ensign, keep an eye out, ya neverknown, Maybe Kalen decided to find a shortcut." he added as he turned and walked over to the first officer's seat.

"Well, looks like we're playing the waiting game from here." he said as he sat down.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:31 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

To say that Taylor was not a happy man was probably the understatement of an entire century. As Kalen listed off the status changes of the runabout he felt the desire to punch the man grow and grow. Despite his orders and warnings the pilot had decided to beat the storm and instead he had been swallowed by it. Taylor couldn't care less of Kalen had crash landed on Risa; his orders had been disobeyed and now they were in a survival situation. With the ion storm between them and the Fenris communications would be completely garbled. Not to mention impossible given the state of the runabout. Taylor was actually surprised that it had held up without exploding.

The crash had caused Taylor to be thrown over his console and onto his back. Frankly the marine was feeling well shaken and bruised but at least nothing had been broken. With a dull moan Taylor was reminded why he disliked space travel. Why couldn't he be given a ground garrison? The thought was pushed to the back of his mind as he stumbled across the runabout to get the emergency supplies. The contained small Type-I phasers, medical supplies and enough food and water to last a week. Plus tricorders, flares, comm equipment. With the supplies secured Taylor gave Kalen a rather unsympathetic kick to the ribs. "Get up flyboy and help me out here." he growled before turning his attention to Lillian.

Gently Taylor cradled her in his arms, gently shaking her. "Captain...Captain!" he said sharply. "Lillian, wake up. Come on now! Up and at 'em or I'll spread 'em!"

Tag: Kalen, Lillian.

Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:35 am

||Kadoshe II, the Crash Site
||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Lillian had been aware that she had given a bad order when bad things had started to happen in the flight and she really hoped that everyone would blame her. She had wanted to go to that planet and the storm had done what it had done and she had tried to get to a safe place, but that just wasn't in the cards and she had to deal with it. Lillian hit her head when the shuttle crashed, blacking out almost immediately thinking about how everything happened the way it was supposed to happen and that was that...

Everything was kind of jumbled and her hearing seemed canned for a little bit, but she was vaguely aware of a voice that sounded familiar--but foreign too. She heard 'Captain' and 'Lillian' and while she was dazed, she was coming too and she felt odd. Bloated and heavy and her head was in a lot of pain and as she opened up her eyes she saw an attractive man holding her close and saw some red hair in her face that was apparently hers and she was confused...who was this?

He was wearing marine green so she was pretty certain he was a marine and that made her smile a little bit at the thought of Taylor. She was still waiting for him to come back and this man kind of looked like him--had the same eyes--but he was too old to be Taylor, that was for sure. Taylor wasn't that much older than Lillian and Lillian wasn't that old so this attractive, rugged marine couldn't possibly be Taylor but if there were marines around then maybe they knew where Taylor might be.

"I'm sorry, what is your name?" Lillian asked slowly, surprised at her own voice.

It seemed deeper than she last remembered it and as she looked around to try and get her bearings, she saw another attractive man that might have been wounded and her doctor skills kicked in. She tried to sit up quickly so that she could get to a medical bag even though she had no idea where she was, and she had to lie back down when the room began to spin and her head throbbed. "I'm a doctor, let me..." What was going on here? Was this some kind of a test and oh God...she was pregnant.

"For the love of the Four Deities!" Lillian said, running her fingers along her stomach and feeling the baby move inside of her, so she knew this was real, it just didn't make any sense and she was starting to panic. "Please tell me I didn't marry Emmett. Please. What is going on here? Where am I? Why am I pregnant? Where is my medical bag?"

Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:18 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Kalen came to after a moment or three, the swift kick in his ribs just another sharp pain in his battered and bruised body. Well if it wasn't the funniest thing that the old Marine had been right. He wondered what had gone wrong in his calculations but didn't seem to mind that in his mind, the random happenstance that occurred when the storm had decided to speed up. Or maybe he had miscalculated. It didn't really matter now, they were where they were and what had happened had happened. This was probably his fault, even if Lillian had tried to sway his judgement towards exploring the planet. Well now at least they would probably have a few hours to explore. He laughed slightly which turned into a fit of coughing. He shook his head and wiped a small amount of blood from his lips. Well that wasn't always the best sign, but he'd probably just ruptured something in his mouth. He hadn't been too badly beaten in the crash to suffer internal injuries. Or at least he didn't think so. Taylor's query for assistance got him up and going, looking towards him. He assessed their situation and pondered for a moment, "Yes sir." Was the simplest answer he could find. He kneeled next to Lillian and tried to sort things out with Taylor. They had emergency supplies and the planet could support life and had a breathable atmosphere.

When she started asking for a variety of things that she had certainly not brought with her he groaned loudly. "Great. She's concussed. Yep. Yep this is totally going to end up being my fault." He said softly under his breath and swore a couple more times for good measure. "I don't know how this will affect her pregnancy." He pulled out a tricorder and started reading the statistics it listed off, "But seemingly she and the baby are in good health. I'll...well I'll wait outside I guess." He scoffed and pulled the manual override to open the rear hatch of the runabout. Well, he thought to himself, at least that still works. He was honestly surprised it opened with all the damage the ship took when it crashed. After all Taylor had her in his arms and would calm and sooth her. He couldn't ride in to save the day as it were. Not really. He had little knowledge of Lillian's past, save what he had read in her file. It was true, she used to be a doctor, he knew that much. So she was probably used to having a medical bag. But how many years she lost of memory and when it would return? Who knew. Maybe she could diagnose herself. After all in her current state she was the only physician she had or would have for at least a few hours. He stepped out onto the landscape and shook his head, "I've got to find a way to get power to activate the distress beacon. Otherwise we're never going to get off this rock."

He spat out another few droplets of blood and looked around before he walked around the runabout to assess the damage. He had grabbed a phaser and rooted around to find anything else useful. Kalen was an engineer and if there was anything in the world he could've used right now, well it would be some sort of surveyor. He only needed some amps to get enough power to run the distress beacon. He shook his head, wondering if that was going to even be possible. He would leave the two of them alone so Taylor could catch Lillian up on everything she had missed. He wondered how far back she'd gone to be surprised by her pregnancy. After all hadn't she already been pregnant the once? He shrugged, before reentering the runabout.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

The fact that Lillian was unable to remember who she was or the fact that she was carrying his child was not a good sign in his books. She had obviously cracked her head something awful and shook something loose. Giving the woman a small sigh he took out a medical tricorder and ran the wand over her. It was a futile effort since he couldn't read the damn thing anyway with all the information it was displaying to him. Taylor was acting like he knew what he was doing when he was operating the device. If anything it was to confirm what he already knew. Like Kalen had suggested it was probably some type of heavy concussion but as long as she was awake Taylor knew it was a good sign. Despite wanting to beat the pilot up and down the runabout Taylor kept his anger within check so it didn't cloud his mind. All that had happened was that the pilot had made a gutsy call and it had bitten him in the ass. The only reason that Taylor was mad was the fact that Lillian was there with them otherwise this would have just turned out into a Lad's Own adventure.

"Just...sit still captain." said Taylor before he decided to chime Kalen. He left Lillian's side before checking on the pilot, handing him a medical kit.

"She's out of it, concussed. Possible memory loss. I'd need Spots to check her over when we get back. Ion storm would have fried everything not shielded so our phasers are probably useless too. You see to your wounds...you made a bad call and it kicked your ass but you got us down in one piece. We need to wait for the ion storm to clear before the Fenris will be able to see that we ain't coming. That could be hours...days...weeks even. I need you to go out and find us a water source. Come back before dark or if you run into trouble."

After giving Kalen his orders Taylor knelt beside Lillian and gave her a warm smile. "You asked me my name...I'm Lieutenant Colonel Lucas. You'll remember when it comes back to you. And no...you didn't marry whoever. Trust me it'll come back."

tag: Any.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"Captain?" Lillian asked gently as Taylor got up and left her side.

She was so confused and as she sat up and saw that she was in fact wearing command red and she had a ring on her finger, she closed her eyes and tried to think. It was clear to her that the man didn't know what he was doing with the tricorder and she had read his mind so it was his baby she was carrying, but she only read what she needed--rare for her...well for the old her. She was in a state before she was trained to give people their privacy and she felt bad that she didn't know who he was when they were so obviously married.

Getting a tricorder out of a bag that looked familiar to her, she scanned herself and smiled because the baby was fine and she was healthy except for her memories. Her brain was a bit swelled which was why she was having the problem and that would take time and she'd probably have this headache for quite a while. So she looked up when Taylor came back in and began to talk to her and once his name escaped his lips she was overcome with joy and emotion--of course she was pregnant!

"Taylor!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms around him and kissing him passionately. "I knew you'd come back to me! I told them all that if I just waited then you'd come back and you did! Now we're together and we're expecting and...wait...I'm a captain. You let me give up medicine and command a ship and...just how old am I? I don't even remember finishing the Academy so how am I to be expected to command a...never mind. If we can get the swelling in my brain to go down it should all come back, just...I'll try to stay calm. Who was the other man? Do you know where we are?"

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"Yeah....I came back...." sighed the marine rather bitterly at the vague lie. He knew which time she was talking about but Taylor wasn't in the mood for self-pity. Instead he had two people to take care of, three counting the baby. He cradled Lillian in his arms tightly as if not letting go before nuzzling her face. If he could go back in time...he'd have ran right back to Betazed after the war was over, apply for the planetary garrison there and lived a happy life. Now was not the time to worry about what should have been done and what could have been done. To Taylor there was only what had been done. "If you can calm down captain then maybe the swelling will go down. Right now we have to rely upon our survival training. Since you...may have forgotten you can rely on us. As for the other dashing male you might see running around that's Lieutenant Gespard, CNO."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:08 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Kalen had listened in on their conversation for a few moments, curious about the Captain and Taylor's past. After all it was sounding quite interesting. He knew so little about what had happened on the starbase they had been assigned to together before Lillian had gotten command of the Fenris. He knew even less of their interpersonal relationship. But now wasn't the time to dwell on that. His curiosity could wait for a bit. He grabbed a few canteens and the rest of his gear and began following the orders set out to him by Taylor. He went out onto the planet's surface looking for water. It reminded him a bit of home, but that was probably just his mind substituting things that he was seeing for things he wanted to see. He missed it, or at least some part of him did. He shook his head and tried to find signs that water would be nearby. Vegetation growth, those sorts of things could signal a body of water nearby. He pulled out his tricorder and began his search. He tried to remember anything the computer had displayed about this planet, such as native species. He wondered and hoped he wouldn't run into anything larger and hungrier than he was. The phaser on his hip would only do him so much good when a creature of much greater mass than his wished to eat him. It was a deadly weapon, but he had no idea what he was going up against if there was anything at all out here. He also had no idea what length of time the sun would stay up. He supposed in retrospect he should have taken some mental notes of the planet he was going to crash land on. Not that he knew they were going to crash, but those notes still would have proved useful.

About a klick west from the runabout out he traced an underground watershed to a small pond and filled their canteens with water. He was wary and made sure there was no life seemingly around, though if there were native subintelligent lifeforms on this planet, they would have likely been scared off by the huge ruckus that him crash landing a ship had made. He brought the canteens back to the runabout and made his report to Taylor. "Sir, no signs of life in the immediate area. There is a pond resupplied by a watershed a klick west of here. Other than that sir, I assume that if there is native life they may return to their natural habitats after they assume the danger of our landing is ceased so we should be wary." He thought for a moment, and walked over to the panels to start tinkering with the ship. "I will do my best to restore power to the distress beacon. Do we have any extra phasers?" He pondered what else he could use as a possible external power source.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:31 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Lillian could tell that Taylor was lying to her but she was alright with that because they were together and she knew that he loved her. He was just trying to protect her and be there for her and even with her memories kind of dormant right now, she wanted to show him that she could handle herself. So she got up slowly and though she swayed a little, she kissed him gently and then sat down in the pilot's chair.

"You might not know this about me, but I'm damn good at re-wiring power," Lillian said as she began to work away a little bit. "The air outside is breathable so if we open up the runabout then we can just re-route the very little power left to make a beacon and send out at least one distress call. Sound do-able?"

She smiled at him and then went back to her work, still wanting to know what was up with everything and having more questions because she only remembered so much. Perhaps it was best she not ask so many questions but she just wanted to know and maybe it would help her out in the long run to getting her memories back. Lillian just wanted to be a help and not a hindrance and maybe this life she had woken up into was better than she thought it was.

"Is...is Marshall taken care of?" Lilliasn asked slowly, looking up when Kalen came in and began to talk to Taylor, taking it all in.

<Taggles: Kalen and Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"Forget about Marshall." snapped Taylor before he gave a sigh, opening the runabout to let the fresh air roll in. Afterwards he sat down beside Lillian and took her hands into his. "Forget about Marshall...us...everything. Right now we need to survive long enough for us to be picked up. When we're safe on board the ship we can talk about anything you want and do anything you want. Right now...I just need you to get back home safe."

After speaking his piece he stroked a hand through his hair as he slouched onto one of the back chairs. Taylor then stored the filled canteens that Kalen had filled and nodded at the report. "Only the small Type-Is and they'd only give enough power to call to orbit. Everything on this runabout is fried. Everything. There is literally no power to reroute or syphon. It's a dead ship in need of a major engineering overhaul. Only the tricorders and phasers within the survival kits are working...by the time the charge would get through the box it would be harmless. Plus as I keep telling you both no signal will get through that storm and without long range sensors we'll never know when it dissipates."

Standing up Taylor began to revert to his marine training on survival. It had been a long time since he had ever been stranded. Taking his duty jacket off he planted his combadge onto his duty shirt which he rolled the sleeves up. "Lieutenant, get on top of the runabout and keep an eye out. I'll change with you in three hours. Captain, check our medical stocks and keep an eye on everyone's hydration and energy levels. Also check that water that the lieutenant brought back and boil it to kill any nasties. Should be a field fire in one of the survival kits. As for food...we ration till we can find safe food to forage. In the kits should be a device...you sample the food and your blood. Green light means eat and be merry, yellow means you might get cramps and red means...well, don't eat it. Questions?"

tag: Kalen, Lillian.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"With all due respect...Lieutenant Colonel, right?" Lillian asked, nodding as she had gotten his title right. "Sitting around is a bad idea. We need to brave the locals and find working buildings because this can't just be a dead planet. We need to go out and be pro-active about leaving not just sitting around. Besides we came here to explore, didn't we?"

Lillian got up and grabbed the two medical bags that were on the runabout, slinging one over her shoulder and holding onto the other one. She wanted to try and make this work and she wanted to get some place with enough medical supplies to help her out with her memory and she wanted to help to get them off of this place. If that meant pulling rank even though currently she didn't remember being a captain then so be it because she didn't want to stay here.

"So my plan is to go out and get ourselves off of this rock." Lillian said again, looking at Kalen and then to Taylor since she was arguing with him technically. "We all know how to fight, so...shall we?"

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:59 pm

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"With all due respect Captain you've got no call making tactical choices on behalf of this away team." said the marine as he crossed his arms, a sign that he didn't like what he had seen or heard. "You're under the effects of concussion and under the belief that you are indeed not a captain therefore lacking the needed field experience or training to deal with this situation. As a lieutenant colonel my rank equals to that of a full commander so...sit on your cute arse or so help me I'll put you on it."

The heat of anger seemed to boil under Taylor's skin but he couldn't help but feel pride at Lillian's attempt at command nor her passion for believing she was right. "We stay with the runabout for a number of reasons. One; when the Fenris comes looking for us the runabout will be a logical place to start a search. Two; it's shelter. We have no idea of the solar cycles or weather patterns of this planet. Nights could be Arctic conditions for all we know and with a field heater we'll be out of the wind and out of the cold. Three; the locals could be hostile or pre-warp meaning that we'd have to adhere to the Prime Directive."

It was like explaining the basic survival techniques to a recruit but Taylor was in no mood for patience. He knew that marines would understand the logic behind what he was saying but the Fleet always wanted to poke their noses into everyone's business. "Being proactive means doing something to help you survive, not for you to satisfy the inner explorer within you. You might not have noticed but this is a survival situation, not a galavanting situation. So...captain...cadet...whatever. Sit down, check the canteen water the lieutenant collected to make sure it's safe and then check your medical supplies. That's an order."

tag: Kalen
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:08 pm

||USS Fenris
||Counselor's Office
||March 23, 2388

Alyssa couldn't believe that she had to see her cousin so soon. All she did was switch jobs. It wasn't like she didn't have the capability of doing this job. She press the door chime, and had a feeling that this was more than just checking up on her.

"Come in!" Lydia called from her desk.

She knew that it was Alyssa. She had blocked out a good chunk of time to speak to her. She didn't know if this meeting would need that time, but she did it anyways. She knew her cousin well enough to know that anything could change in a short period of time.

Alyssa walked in and took the seat in front of Lydia's desk. "So counselor, what do you want?"

"Switching jobs on a ship. I want to know how you're doing." Lydia answered, figuring that Alyssa wanted to leave. "So how is your new job working out for you?"

"It's working out good." Alyssa replied, trying not to get up and walk out.

She hated the smile on Lydia's face. She knew that there was more coming and that her cousin was enjoying this.

Lydia grinned. "I'm glad to hear that. Now, I've got a concern."

She watched as Alyssa tried to hide her irritation.

"Think I know what your concern is, and my answer is that it's none of your business." Alyssa spoke through clutched teeth.

"Oh really?" Lydia responded, raising an eyebrow. "Tell me then, mind-reader, what's my concern?"

"Your concerned about me not talking with my parents. That is a subject that we're not talking about." Alyssa answered, trying not sound angry.

"Am I really that easy to read?" Lydia joked.

She wanted to talk about it, but she had feeling that this was going to end badly. Didn't stop her from talking.

"I just want you to know my concerns. You don't have to tell me what happened or that you don't want to talk to them. I know that you don't want to talk to them, but you do have hear my concerns." Lydia continued.

Alyssa stood up. "I don't have to listen to anything you say. This is very unprofessional of you. You trap me by saying that we're talking about my new duties, when really you just want to force me to talk about my family. I don't care that my parents are you're aunt and uncle. If they want to be all buddy and loving to you, then fine. You'll leave me out of it. It's their fault that our relationship is nothing. I will not sit and have you claim to the Captain that I'm unfit when I'm perfectly capable of doing my job. My personal life doesn't affect me, like it apparently does you."

Lydia was surprised that Alyssa was yelling at her, but she knew that it was her fault. She thought she had expressed what she wanted to tell her correctly. It apparently didn't work out that way.

"I didn't trap you. I honestly had to see if you were doing well in your new position. I know that you are." Lydia replied quickly. "I just want to let you know my concerns about your family situation. As your cousin, and as the counselor of this ship, I have ever right to inform you of my concerns. Now sit your butt back down."

Alyssa glared at her, then headed for the door. "I'm not discussing this. If you have a problem with it, then take it up with the Captain."

Alyssa knew that wasn't the way to handle it, but it was better than hitting the counselor. She was angry and needed to get away from Lydia as fast as she could.

"Alyssa, we need to talk about this." Lydia called after her.

She knew that Alyssa was ignoring her. She watched her cousin leave, and sighed. All she wanted to do was express her concerns. She wasn't even trying to get her to talk about it. She shook her head, remembering that she had done this to herself. Lydia couldn't help thinking that Alyssa was never going to face this.

JP between Lydia Shields &

Last edited by Alyssa Shields on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

He listened to them argue for a moment and decided to take action. He cleared his throat and smiled widely. Even though he was easily the youngest member of their now stranded away team he decided to treat them like kids. They were certainly fighting like a married couple. He could understand why they did so well together, after all the angry sex must have been fantastic. He shook his head, "Now children, let's all play nice and try to get along. We're three people stuck on a possibly hostile alien world and anything with any sort of decent hearing is going to pick up on us like crows flock to a carcass." He felt bad that he was lecturing his superior officers but they had to become a cohesive unit if they were going to last long enough. He would continue pondering how to power the beacon. He had no idea what they were going to be able to do. He thought he could get a signal into deep space, he would just have to find a way to get the power cells a little bit more of a boost. He could try to finagle it as he went. He sighed softly, "We need to formulate a plan together." He looked out into the wilderness surrounding them and wondered what would come their way.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:20 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"Some shelter," Lillian muttered, but Kalen started talking and she scanned his thoughts a little with a small smile on her face--she was pretty sure the angry sex was fantastic too but at the moment she couldn't remember it.

Lillian didn't have a problem with Taylor's plan as a plan except for well...okay she hated his plan because in any situation but this one it worked. Yeah, she couldn't remember being a captain at the moment but she remember her survival training and from what she knew on the situation she was certain they needed to leave. They had no power basically and she wanted to get them out of the busted shuttle and to someplace that they could have power and actually be safe because this shuttle?

Wasn't it.

"While your reasons are all sound, they are all flawed and I'm not staying," Lillian said firmly shaking her head. "You said it yourself, we have basically no power so we're screwed if life support fails not to mention we crash landed so the hull? It's not protecting us, nor can the ship itself if we get attacked by hostile natives we're sitting ducks here, so staying here is stupid and I'm not going to do it. There is bound to be something around here--some building or something--that we can take shelter in and if we move now than we'll make it before dark. You two can sit here if you want to but I have a duty to the baby inside of me and I'm not sitting here waiting to get eaten or freeze to death in the shell that is what is left of the shuttle. I love you and I respect you but we can't stay here."

She had said her piece and yet she was a little worried about hurting Taylor's pride or his feelings, but she was determined and she headed toward the shuttle door, ready to leave. Lillian wanted to be pro-active and she wanted to get them off of this rock and they couldn't do that sitting around waiting for something and Taylor had a point--it could get really cold and they'd freeze because the broken shuttle couldn't fully protect them and Lillian wanted to protect all of them. Perhaps it was a bad idea, but she'd take the consequences and admit she was wrong when and if that happened.

"I may not remember being a captain but I graduated with high marks on Survival Training last week...well, it feels like last week." Lillian said and shook it off. "You can stay, or you can follow me--I'll deal with the consequences of not following your orders later even though I'm Captain and our Medic so...I think Starfleet would let it go."

Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:10 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

Well if she wasn't a fiery individual. He could see now what Taylor loved about Lillian. He couldn't fault the man, he would've probably fallen in love with her too if he was in Taylor's position. He shrugged his shoulders, grabbed one of the emergency bags and slung it over his shoulder. Despite what the Colonel wanted, he could see Lillian's point. And as a man of honor he wasn't about to let a pregnant woman, let alone his captain wander out into the wilderness of an unknown planet all by herself. He wondered what it would be like to be married to her. He was curious, but such thoughts were probably unprofessional where Lillian was concerned. He was in a relationship, so was she, and she was his commanding officer. He shook his head and nodded, "Democracy wins. I'm going with the captain. And we need to stick together." Taylor would be angry of course that he wasn't heeded, and especially probably angry with Kalen at the fact that Kalen had gotten them stuck here in the first place. But he didn't mind all that. He knew he couldn't underestimate what Lillian was capable of. She was a mother and expecting another child. She was wild, passionate and had a mind of her own and would do what she wanted to do no matter what either of them said. So he would follow her.

He grabbed the canteens for all three of them and tossed Taylor one. He would come with them, Kalen knew. He strapped the phaser into its holster on his belt, held tight to his right hip. He salvaged whatever other gear he could from the wreck and smiled at Lillian. He remembered for a moment that she was a Betazoid and probably knew what was going through his head. He wasn't embarrassed by it, he just hoped she wouldn't take it as him flirting with her. That would be very unprofessional. He nodded towards the rear hatch of the shuttle, "Shall we then?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 am

||Heimdall
||March 23, 2388

"Democracy..." muttered Taylor bitterly as if the very idea of the world was sickening to his stomach. "You seem to forget lieutenant there is a chain of command for a reason within Starfleet and it shouldn't be dropped at the touch of a hat. But fine, we can all wander around and let you two do your own damn thing. Just remember who made the choice when it comes back to bite us in the ass."

Being overruled was always a sore point to Taylor since Sigma III. Once again his experience, skills and training were pushed aside for the Fleet's sense of adventure. Last time it had cost him someone he regarded as a brother and now he was wondering who else would suffer because his word had not been heeded. Now it was all happening again; he'd construct a plan, make his point and it would all be dashed with the simple excuse of 'Oh, Starfleet will be ok with it' which was getting kind of annoying.

It was times like this that made Taylor wish that he had instead been slated for a ground regiment rather than a Fleet Protection role. Right now distance to Lillian was something he was looking for. "Love and respect, funny way of showing a man with twenty-two years experience of being a marine some respect. Life support has failed which is why I said we use a field heater. But fine we'll just go with your plan. We'll wander around hoping to find something to survive on because hey, Starfleet will let it go." he said to Lillian before brushing past her, survival pack on his back and canteen in his hand. "I'll take point, we'll head towards that water building Kalen described."

tag: Kalen, Taylor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 4: Runabout Down
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next