USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 4: Runabout Down

Go down 
+7
Marissa Garren
Carlos Salazar
Alyssa Shields
Gabriel Sharpe
Kalen Gespard
Sergeni Kostev
Selina Karr
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am

||Kadoshe II
||En Route to the Building
||March 23, 2388

"Don't you dare push past your pregnant wife like that!" Lillian scolded him as she punched him in the arm. "You act like I don't know anything just because I'm concussed so if we're talking about the lack of love and respect I think you're exhibit A of the prime example of not giving a damn."

She was a little hurt but she let it go as she opened up the medical bag that she had recognized and yet hadn't and she was pleasantly surprised--she'd known that was hers. Even as a captain she was still a doctor at heart and she had her old bag and it had everything in it that she could possibly need...including a picture of a half Vulcan little boy and she stopped for a moment, looking at it. So perhaps Taylor really hadn't come back and this life she wanted to remember was a good one...what if it wasn't?

It had to be because Taylor was there and in it, but at the same time there was so much that she didn't know and if she really did have another kid then...Salyn? Shaking it off and putting the picture back, she pulled out a tricorder and smiled at it--more high tech than she remembered, but she was always letting Marlo upgrade it and it had her initials in it (LRC) so she assumed that she still let Marlo do just that. Opening it up, she began to scan the area and paused for a moment, looking towards the Northwest and pointing.

"There is a high tech facility about a half hour's walk in that direction, so we'll make it before nightfall. We should be entering a city about fifteen minutes before then and maybe there's someone here that can help us. There's warp technology, so don't worry about the Prime Directive, we just have to be smart about this. Also...don't drink that water." Lillian told them as she scanned the canteens. "Just trust me on that. If you're thirsty, wait until we reach our destination. How do you like your wife now?"

She gave Taylor a big grin and started to walk on a little bit ahead in the direction the tricorder had indicated, mentally making a note to thank Marlo later. Marlo was always trying to find ways to make simple machines work more efficiently and while the tricorder took more power than the others, Lillian was sure she could recharge it up later. All that mattered right then, was getting to the city and getting a distress call out so that they could get picked up and so could the remains of their shuttle so they could fix it up later.

<Taggles: Taylor and Kalen>

Last edited by Lillian Crae on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 pm

||Kadoshe II
||En route to building
||March 23, 2388

The punch made Taylor give a reproachful look as he led the trio towards the direction that Lillian had so expertly picked out for them. Half an hour was nothing but still Taylor felt a little bit miffed about her timing of it all. "Did you just happen to pull that solar timing out of your ass or did you have an astrometrics bay in your back pocket?" asked Taylor with gritted teeth as his boots hit the soggy grass with ease. "Besides we're not married yet and while we're on operations you're not my pregnant anything. Right now you're a concussed captain and I'm a lieutenant colonel giving good advice which is being ignored. Besides our ration kits come with clean water. Kalen just brought these back to supplement them. Marine training 101, draw off rations only when needed. Why eat your rations when food is all around?"

He was a little huffy that his second canteen of water was undrinkable so he emptied it out and stored the canteen in his survival pack. Taylor imagined how it would be to lead a platoon of marines across this ground, doing what they did best rather than a cheeky pilot and a pregnant captain. Did he trade in his hunter instinct for the easy life? Would he ever be a true marine again? He could see Lillian trying to move ahead so he quickened his pace. As a marine Taylor's fitness was unquestionable especially compared to a woman with child. "I said I'd go on point, I'm trained to handle hostile contacts. Besides...your condition."

<tag: Kalen>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

||Kadoshe II
||En route to building
||March 23, 2388

He took up the rearguard of their three man party, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings as he walked behind Lillian. He kept quiet as they continued their debate, wondering whether or not Taylor would just concede and stop trying to convince her out of something she was clearly motivated to do despite whatever else might have stopped her. Though he agreed with Taylor that the marine should go first. Despite the diplomatic advantages of the possibility of having to greet a warp-society, he couldn't help but feel that somehow they were in danger. It came as a cold crawling up his spine until he was nervous, his hand kept close to his phaser. He didn't know what they were doing but would follow the two of them and hopefully find a way off this rock. Maybe they could negotiate for a ship after the ion storm passed so they could return to the Fenris. At very least they could manage to get a communication out to her to come pick them up. A warp civilization could understand that they were stranded. They obviously weren't any sort of invasion force. But they might be detained. They would just have to see what fate would bring them when they reached the city Lillian spoke of. He hadn't forgot any of his chain of command as Taylor thought. In fact he was following it. Lillian was still on top of the chain, despite whatever she was going through medically. She knew how to handle herself, of that he was sure. He wondered if the years had made her more docile. If this was her personality ten years ago, what changed that into the captain who was stern, but fair. In all his interactions with her, she was friendly. Maybe this was just who she was on a personal level. After all he didn't know her very intimately. They had a working relationship, they didn't spend time with one another outside of duty. He shrugged and let his thoughts roam, hoping they made it out without too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:44 pm

||Kadoshe II
||En Route to the Building
||March 23, 2388

"I am pregnant, I'm not an invalid," Lillian said as she let Taylor go ahead of her. "I'm sorry, okay? We should have waited until the morning, but I really didn't feel safe there. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, can you not be mad at me? I just...don't feel obliged to make the engagement permanent." Lillian told Taylor gently as they neared the city and Lillian suddenly stopped.

It wasn't the time to argue or to tell him what to do or air out their dirty laundry, and right now she was shocked. She could feel that there were people here but it looked deserted and it didn't just look deserted...it looked familiar and she started shaking her head. This wasn't what she wanted and she had a very bad feeling about this place...such a bad feeling that she swayed a little bit, losing her balance.

"I was wrong, we shouldn't...I don't want to be here," Lillian told them as she took a couple of steps back.

Normally the Betazoid had a backbone, but this was just wrong and while yeah they could get saved sure by going towards the main, giant Research Center, she didn't want to. It was like a giant trap and maybe it was karma, because Lillian had a feeling that her mess with Marshall wasn't over even now in this older version of herself. They couldn't risk walking back to the shuttle so they had to see this through but she wished that she wasn't going to get them hurt and right then she felt strongly that she was going to get them both hurt.

Last edited by Lillian Crae on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"But these were your orders captain." declared Taylor rather harshly. "You've commanded us right to where you wanted." Taylor looked at the building and was impressed by its extensive size. However it seemed deserted for some reason and out of power. If there was a place to contact their ship this didn't seem the place to do so and yet the fact that there was no structural damage made Taylor hopeful. He could see on the roof a communications array but he'd have to restore power somehow. "We've come all this way so we'd best check it out. Even if it isn't our ticket out of here there may be supplies we can use. Let's move out."

Sticking to the shadows and the walls of the building in case there was a sniper peering at them Taylor reached one of the doors before trying to access the door panel. Pressing the buttons didn't even yield an access denied noise so that did confirm a loss of power. Upon further inspection he could the hydraulic release handle. After cranking it a few times Taylor pressed a button which slightly split the two doors apart. Wedging himself between them Taylor was able to push them open, granting them access. It was hard to see in the pitch black of the building so Taylor took off his survival pack and pulled out a wrist flashlight. Activating it he could see the somewhat pristine interior, or it would have been if not for the gathered dust.

"Right, we find the main reactor and try to turn it back on. That'll give us control of the computers and one step closer to getting off this wind-swept hellhole."

<tag: Lillian, Kalen>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

He knew the feeling Lillian was feeling. He was feeling it to. "There are supposed to be warp-capable people here? Where are all the people? They should have seen us by now." He shied away from the town as he thought he should. It felt like something was stalking them and he couldn't put his thumb on it. He also looked around at the city around them as well. He followed Taylor to the research lab and noticed the array as well. Hopefully it was some sort of technology he could repair. He followed Taylor inside pulling out his own flashlight. This was all too easy he thought. There should have been citizens here, civilians and scientists working on whatever their race were supposed to be working on. He couldn't fathom what happened to all the people. This city must have supported thousands of people at least. He shook his head, "I hate to be the one saying this..but man I got a bad feeling about this building. Let's get in, power it up and get on the roof. I hate the feel of this place."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"If you are harsh to me one more time, we're not talking anymore," Lillian warned Taylor.

It was the strongest that her words had been since they had entered the re-created colony and she had to catch herself because no one came to her aid when she had stumbled. She slowly made her way with the boys but she could sense people--they were not alone, not by a long shot. Lillian didn't want to go into the Research Facility at all, but she did and when Taylor turned on the light, Lillian quickly pushed it down and shook her head, whispering.

"That is the last thing that you want to do, just stay here." Lillian told him, moving away from him before he could make her stay. "I am serious, I can feel my way around but the light is not a good idea. Something in here is terribly wrong, can't you feel that? I can feel the presence of life, but the thoughts are erratic and they don't make sense."

She moved a couple of feet in front of her, her voice still very quiet, until she made it to a console and very slowly pushed on it with her hand. Its lights came on and she began to type in a couple of things, jumping when she heard a sound she was certain that the others had too. It sounded like...shuffling, but it was slow and it was away from them but not far away enough. Turning back to the console, shaking, Lillian tried to come up with a code and closed her eyes as her head throbbed away because she was still in a lot of pain from the crash.

"We're not alone," she told them as she opened up her eyes and worked on the console. "This won't even give me a simple schematic, we need a...Marshall...he's 2 years older than me, so how old am I now? It's important to this pass code and the moment we're safe I will explain. You two honestly don't recognize this colony? Nevermind. My age, please..."

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:27 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

Taylor gave a scowl as she lowered his flashlight but he kept his tongue, somewhat unsure as to why she'd be so fearful of one building. However when she asked her age Taylor was forced to rack his brains. "We've never even been to this planet let alone this facility. That terminal doesn't even look Starfleet standard. As for your age you're twenty eight years old. I don't see why it's such a big deal. We're still on this planet and we need to get off this planet." He simply didn't understand Lillian's sudden lack in ability to deal with stress. Sure she believed she was a cadet but it was a building. Kalen however had no excuse so he just shook his head at him before turning his head back to Lillian.

<tag: Both, a shortie>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:48 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

Kalen listened close and noted the noises Lillian spoke of. He drew his phaser from his hip and turned his flashlight off. "You know how in the classic horror movies, whatever was following the main characters would stalk them first, noting their movements? We're being stalked right now. Hunted. I can feel it in my bones." He whispered softly, keeping his eyes peeled in the gloom. The light from the console was enough to give them view of most of the room and he thought that could buy them enough time. "This colony? No I've never been here before in my life. I haven't been onplanet since I left Earth again." If they had such an intense past, why didn't Taylor know where they were when Lillian had some sort of idea? He hoped that she could reroute power soon. The stress made sweat bead on his forehead, and he wiped it away. "We need to get off this planet, aye. And we need to get off it now." He moved towards the console and Lillian to protect her if anything were to happen. The peace they were experiencing would be broken soon, and all Kalen could do was wish he had just a little bit more combat training under his belt. He had a feeling he would be using it very shortly.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"I know I've never been here before, it's just that it's a re-creation of a colony that was destroyed," Lillian told him, taking a deep breath. "Maybe you're right though--it's just a building. Maybe an animal got in, I just sense an organic presence so be at the ready, Colonel."

Perhaps Taylor was right and she was just freaking out and still hurt in the head. Yeah, this place gave her the creeps, but only because it was a re-creation of a place that she had had a part in completely wiping out and the fact that she sensed something? Lillian took a deep breath and within a couple of moments, she had power in the room and she looked around to see that it was like a main lobby area, looking back at the console.

"Marshall is still as predictable as always with his pass codes," Lillian said with a laugh. "What an idiot. There's schematics here if anyone wants a layout. We need to get here--looks like the place where we can turn on the main power but it's that way."

Lillian pointed toward the main door and took a deep breath as she rested her hand on her stomach, the baby moving. She didn't know if it was telling her something or was just restless, but she was kind of hungry and maybe the baby was hungry too. Right now they needed to get into the main research room and get the rest of the power on because the power in this room was slowly dimming and on a timer for emergency purposes so they needed to get moving.

"This kid moves a lot," Lillian said as she made sure she had both medical bags and looked at Taylor. "You're still at point, Colonel. You'll have to use the flashlight, but something else is here too so be on your guard just in case its hostile...this place gives me the creeps."

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:13 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

At the mention of their child Taylor gently placed his hand onto her stomach as he looked into her eyes. With a smile he pulled away and retrieved his survival knife from his pack, holding it in a hammer grip as he led the way once more. It seemed like Marshall was destined to turn up like a bad penny. From capturing the three top ranked officers of the Fenris to being behind the deployment of a biological weapon on Betazed the man was soon going from genius to clichéd evil scientist. Moving through the complex towards the main generator Taylor could often see shadows shuffling in the room so the side until they went back to being still. He had simply put it down to auto-kinesis in his eyes.

When they reached the main research room Taylor moved towards a desk and plumped himself into a seat. "Let's see what we have..." he muttered, using his torch to shine the controls until he found what he was looking for; power controls. Shunting a level and pressing a few buttons there was a humming noise from the console as terminals around him sprung to life, showing operating code as they booted up. Lights started to flare up around the building illuminating rooms and corridors.

"There we go, nothing to it. Looks like main power is coming on-line right now. Let me see if I can access the comm array." With some typing on the buttons a warning message flashed before his eyes. "Looks like the comm array has been damaged...just one of the power relay regulators have come loose. If we try to send out a message it'll probably explore so one of us will have to climb to the roof and fix it. I'll do it. Don't suppose you remember where roof access is?

<tag: Lillian, Kalen>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:28 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

Kalen kept his flashlight slightly low and his phaser readied as he took up the rear again. They reached the main research lab and Taylor powered up all the computers. He sat down at another machine and brought up the schematics for the building. He looked for roof access and shook his head softly, pointing his phaser at a second hallway that left this room. "It looks like you head east down that hall for three hundred meters, turn right and proceed another hundred and fifty meters. You should come to a t junction with a door in front of you and a hallway to your right. The hall leads to the turbo-lifts which I personally wouldn't trust with how power seems to fluctuate in this place but I can activate them from here I think. The door leads to a bank of stairs which also will get you to the roof." He thought about it for a moment, "I know you have the most experience sir..but I would like to volunteer for this assignment. You're more important for.." He nodded his head towards Lillian. If something was inhabiting this building and it attacked Taylor, he didn't know how Lillian would handle it in her condition. If it was him? He was sure she would still be emotional, but probably not as much so. "If there are hostiles in the area sir, I'd feel more comfortable if you were protecting the captain."

He stood up and checked his gear, knowing the route he described to Taylor well enough and he understood how to fix the comms array. He felt a weight in his heart and thought about Alyssa. She'd find him in the next life and kill him if he didn't come back to her, so with that thought he smiled softly. He was ready and he moved towards the eastern hallway, waiting for Taylor's decision. He was rash, but he felt that he should probably stop ignoring the sense that came from the man. He knew what he was talking about, and Kalen had already made too many mistakes on this mission.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:45 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"Right, and if you make a mistake with the relay it will go up in smoke and you along with it." pointed out Taylor who crossed his arms and tilted his head. "Within this room is the ability to control forcefields and magnetically sealed doors. Basically lieutenant this room is a fortress should you choose it to be. Now, you've graduated from Starfleet Academy which means you do have some basic combat knowledge. However, I have more extensive knowledge which makes me more suitable to roam around in a building seemingly filled with hostile life forms which have yet to appear. So...who's up?"

<tag: Both y'all>
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

Lillian looked at them both. "Or I could go. I know how to get there, I've been in the similar building before. Granted you both have more field experience, but I can handle myself with my abilities. Then again, I could stay here and download some of Doclin's..."

She was going through some info from one of the consoles and found something interesting that made her take a deep breath and shake her head. This was bad. She put in a sequence and then went into part of the large room and watched as a wall opened a little and out came a tank--with a person in it. They were in a comatose state, but they were barely alive and their eyes were closed...for now.

"I thought it was just a...guys..." she left the tank of the woman and went back to the console shaking her head. "This is Project A. since she was brought here, they have been running experiments but it doesn't say what they did with the other subjects, which means...there's a faster way to the roof."

Telling them too much about Marshall seemed like a really bad idea and she didn't want either of them hurt because of her. It was unavoidable now that they were here, but it made her feel sad as she thought about how this could all go down. What if because she brought them here, she was dooming all of them?

<Taggles: Both>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"Yeah you stay here out of harm's way. I like that idea." said Taylor softly who gripped her wrist gently before looking at the tank that had just been revealed to them. Stepping right up to the glass he inspected the woman's face with a look of scruitiny before her eyelids flew open. The initial jolt of fear make Taylor cry out and take a few steps backwards but once the subject had started pounding onto the plastiglass futility he felt more at ease. Well, maybe just a little bit more at ease. "That was...unnerving. What exactly is that thing? The hell were people doing here?"

A sudden realisation hit home when Lillian had mentioned earlier about the presences of others. What if one of these things were loose? More than one? They didn't seem that friendly. "Captain, look this room down now!" he snarled, gripping his knife tight. "And I mean now! No buts or excuses! Lock this room in!"

<tag: Lillian>
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"The second this baby pops out, I am going to start being in the action again," Lillian teased him momentarily, "just you watch."

When the woman opened up her eyes and started beating on the plastiglass, Lillian squealed a little and then she went closer to the glass and watched her. This was Project A and that meant that she was the first one, but why had Marshall brought her here in the first place? What was it that they were doing to these people and where were the others? What was going on here?

Lillian hurried to the console and brought up the records. "The records are incomplete, but they were running all sorts of experiments. Shock, viruses, tweaking DNA...she's still alive her brain is just mostly shut off...like a zombie, kind of. There are more--like fours alphabets worth more but not all of the information is here. I need the console in the Contamination Room, Taylor. I need to know what's going on here so that I can fix it."

She started to lock down the room, however, just as she started to hear some noises outside of it. Turning on the power had definitely woken them all up and she needed more than anything to get to the rest of the information, but only after this room was sealed off. So she hurried up and got everything locked down and then brought up some schematics and pulled out her tricorder to get some readings for some scans.

"Her heart is racing and her brain activity is almost non-existent, and look at the way she looks at us...like we're food." Lillian said, a little smile on her face even though she was disgusted by what had been going on here. "I want to go to the Contamination Room...."

She took her scans and went back to the console and input the information, making a face as she did so. "Alright, so the scans...I can see about where they are--not pinpointed, but I tweaked the sensors because their body heat is hotter than ours. They haven't made their way into the vent systems yet, but I'm sure they'll find a way if we start using them, which we have no choice but to use. Up on the ceiling we can open it up and there are tunnels of a sort--for Marshall and the others to make a quick getaway--there are some on the roof, I don't want you up there."

What she wasn't going to say was that there were more in the Contamination Room--she just hoped neither Taylor nor Kalen would look at that.

<Taggles: Kalen and Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

He chuckled softly to relieve the stress of the situation. When the tank popped out he yelped and took a few steps back. Just what he needed was another thing on his nerves. Well at least they had a way to identify the beings now. So they were hotter than normal. He wondered what that meant, other than that their metabolism burned faster than a normal human being's. Which meant that they would be hungry, more than likely. He listened to the doors shut and the room lock down and he sighed softly in relief. Well they might be stuck in here, but at least they weren't stuck in here with any of these creatures. He looked up at the vent in the ceiling and tried to assess how best to utilize it. "Well, this is our chance at getting communications with the Fenris. Our plans shouldn't involve escape. Do you think they were able to get out of this building?" He shook his head and pondered, holstering his phaser. While the room was locked down, he wasn't likely to need it.

"Even if there are these creatures on the roof, we have to take the chance. We can't stay in here forever and hope we're happened upon by the Fenris." He shrugged his shoulders and looked to her, "Well the Contamination Room sounds like a dandy place. Why would you want to go in there?" He pondered their options, wishing he had a little bit more experience with this sort of thing. They had to restore the communications array somehow.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:42 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"No one goes anywhere until we've sent out a signal to the Fenris. I have an idea to get a signal through the ion cloud. Just bear with me." Taylor told them as he shifted some boxes out of the way to get access to the ceiling. "Change of plan, you two go to the contamination room while I handle this. Come on now, Kalen, help her up." With that Taylor opened up the ceiling and climbed into the ventilation system. It was a claustrophobic fit for him but Taylor struggled on through the air-ducts, blunt edge of his utility knife clamped between his lips. It was a journey to the roof this way and no doubt about it but finally he slipped from the ducts onto the floor near the roof access door.

Opening the door he was greeted by the windswept roof and three figures shambling around. Taylor remembered the figure in the tank and grasped his knife into his hand. Slowly he walked towards one of the figures, a male. "Sir? Sir are you ok? Do you need medical attention?" asked Taylor, keeping at least out of arm's reach. The figure looked up at Taylor for a moment before snarling at him, lunging for the marine. Taylor plunged the knife where he thought the heart to be, given that he didn't even recognise the species. Pushing the man away Taylor at least assumed him to check his wound. Instead he tried again so Taylor grappled him and tossed him off the roof.

"The hell was wrong with him?" he said to himself, panting as he saw the other two figures move towards him. With his marine hand-to-hand training he managed to do the same, carelessly tossing them off the tall roof to thump the ground without batting an eyelid. They might be hostiles, they might be innocent civilians being experimented on. Point was it was him or them and he decided them. Looking the relay over he found the loose component and activated the power to the comm relay. Luckily it didn't explode.

Tapping his comm badge he talked to Lillian and Kalen. "You two better be on the way to that lab. I'm on my way back to send the signal."

tag: Both
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:55 pm

||Kadoshe II, Research Lab
||Vents to Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Lillian found that the vents came as a tiny bit of a squeeze for a five and a half month along pregnant woman and it made her make a face. She had to make the best of this and she pondered things a moment as it seemed like this wasn't the first time that she had been doing things like this. Marshall and her had a complicated past and probably an even more complicated future and it made her want to get this over with as soon as possible.

That meant coming clean to Kalen.

Neither of them had looked at her console so they had no idea that the pregnant woman was headed into a room with half of the alphabet in it. Some were contained, but some had escaped and she and Kalen would have to find a way to get past them to the console because the console was important. Marshall had this strange fail safe security system that made it so that no one could ever have all of his information--he split it up between consoles that had to be accessed in their different locations and sometimes when you accessed one, it erased the other.

"The room we're going into, Kalen...there are seven free creatures in there," Lillian explained to him as she moved the grate in the ceiling and looked down to see two roaming about right below them, her voice a whisper. "Believe it or not, Project A was once a Betazoid." When she heard Taylor's voice over the comms she swore under her breath as the sound made the creatures more nervous, but they certainly hadn't noticed the sound was above them yet. "We're here, but you're going to alert them to our position. Hey though, might get rid of your future wife so it's probably worth it."

<Taggles: Kalen and Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:23 am

||Vents to Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Upon hearing Lillian's reply Taylor pulled a face that showed he wasn't too happy with himself. Of course he should have maintained communication's silence but she hadn't explained the fact that there were hostiles near their route. Perhaps the situation had changed when they were en route. When he had gotten back to the control room he sat down in the chair, trying to ignore the figure in the tank. Right away Taylor began to send a burst signal to the Fenris, using text for 'SOS' which would make it easy for the computer to unscramble. With the message sent Taylor crawled up the vents once more to meet Lillian.

"Hey, what's the plan."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:43 pm

||Over the Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Lillian hadn't decided what to do yet, which was why she and Kalen were still in the vents--they were two against seven, which were terrible odds given that they didn't know how to kill these things really. Perhaps it was the way you kill normal things, but she was pregnant and Kalen wasn't exactly combat trained, and so they waited for Taylor. She reached out and rested her hand on Taylor's and sent him a smile before she pointed down the opening of the vent and whispered.

"Seven hostiles. I didn't really think about what taking them out would be like when I decided I needed the console," Lillian explained with an apologetic smile. "See...I knew some were loose, but I just didn't--6 in tanks, seven out and about. I can't really hop down in my position, but I need that console and I can help you to fight them, I just need down..."

She blushed a little bit because she didn't know what to do in this situation--if she hadn't been so pregnant, she would have just hopped right down and started fighting. As it was, however, she was just holding them back and they needed the three against seven odds right now and as a soldier, Taylor had to know that. It was a hard decision, letting the pregnant woman that he loved help him fight, but part of being in command was making hard decisions and right now they had to make sure that everyone was going to survive.

(I want to have two for Lilly to fight please, boys...)
<Taggles: Kale and Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 am

||March 23, 2388

"Great." He scowled slightly as they went up into the vents. Why did it always have to be tight spaces? He had fears of tight spaces ever since he curled up in an exhaust port after the engines had gone down to not get shot by Cardassians. But he would brave this for Lillian and for the hope that he could return to the ship and to Alyssa and not get eaten or anything like that. He helped her up into the vents and climbed up himself, following her into the enclosed space. It was a tight fit, squeezing through them, but he imagined it was just as much, if not more fun for Lillian. When she told him how many there were in there he balked slightly. "Well that sounds exciting. Let's come up with a plan to accomplish this goal." He listened to her about the subject and wondered what that meant, and if it was important to her. When Taylor's voice came over the comms badge he was nervous. He thought he heard the creatures below them start to shamble in their direction. After Taylor rejoined them he knew their odds improved slightly. At least there were three of them now.

He looked back towards Taylor. "Well if the Captain can get over the vent, I can pry it up and I can jump down." He looked at Lillian, looked at the vent, wondered slightly how much she weighed and how much stress the bolts holding it in place were. They would be weaker than the main ducts, but they had to get down somehow. He pondered. "I could catch her if Taylor lowered her down slowly, but I don't know how well that will work. The communications already alerted them to our presence. I doubt watching us descend in peace is exactly how they plan to do things." He again pondered for a moment. "If I drop and you come down right after me, Captain, I can catch you and we can start the night off right with a good fight and then you sir," He nodded to Taylor, "can jump in and help swing the odds in our favor. I don't know how else we're going to go about it. Do you have any ideas?" He looked back to Taylor again.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 am

||March 23, 2388

"Against an enemy like this there is no real tactic lieutenant. Any plan is as good as any." whispered Taylor. He had never seen people so durable in all their life, taking a chest stab wound without so much as blinking. "I tried to stab one with my knife but he kept coming. Go for the head I guess, it's where the majority of the senses are and if these things can live without a brain I'll be impressed. Nice and easy lieutenant."

(Filler post)
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

"Boys," Lillian said rolling her eyes, and just like that she was targeting on of the creatures with her mind.

The moment that Taylor had mentioned that it was best to go for their heads, Lillian thought it best to start attacking the brain--after all without it they couldn't function either way without their brains. As she targeted the creature, however, it let out a demonic sounding cry and that alerted all the others as she got down from the vent in the ceiling, hanging from it a moment before letting her feet hit the ground. It was a farther drop than she had anticipated and she rolled her ankle, letting out a muffled cry.

Damn-it, Lilly... she thought to herself.

A creature near her saw her as she landed on the ground, so she pulled out her phaser as she burst the blood vessels in the first's head, causing it to seize and bleed out its ears and nose, falling over dead. The problem was, the phaser burst seem to have no affect on the two she tried to shoot and that meant that they had to do this the old fashioned way--psionic abilities it was. Knowing that, she focused her powers on another one and found that she was remembering some things as she did it and she honestly couldn't take many more because the abilities were making her head hurt and suddenly she was dizzy...dizzy and losing her eyesight.

"I can't...boys...." she said as she found herself having to lean on a bulkhead to keep her balance--she was hurting herself and that wasn't good, but at least she'd just taken out two by rupturing their brains.

Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:24 pm

|| Bridge
|| USS Fenris
|| March 23, 2388

The lights of the bridge seemed exceptionally bright and harsh today, even in the shadows of his yeoman's alcove. Carlos blinked at his screen to prevent his eyesight from becoming too fuzzy, and paused to pop a few pieces of stim-gum into his mouth. It wasn't helping the hangover too much.

He sighed. The young NCO knew he needed to stop going to these after-shift parties. They were clandestine and for enlisted personnel only; so far a few wily crew chiefs had managed to disguise them from any of the officers. And the chance to let off steam like that was making them very popular…that and the potent home-brewed moonshine a grizzled transporter chief served up with gusto.

The foul tasting liquid had none of the subtly of synthehol and all the intoxicating potency, and it was the reason for Carlos' hangover. That and his attempt to outdrink some other crewmen so that he could impress a pretty young torpedo-loading tech at the party. That had backfired, and he'd woken up in his quarters with a pounding headache with no memory of how he'd gotten there. Maybe an unlisted transport, courtesy of the old moonshiner/transporter chief. And he couldn't go to sickbay for any cure or remedy, or he'd have to explain the reason for his condition. So he just focused on his LCARS and suffered.

The thought of sickbay made him think of the Captain, and he glanced at the time. Frowning, he checked it against a schedule, and what he saw there made him frown deeper. Carlos stood, and looked around the bridge.

"Computer, has Captain Crae's shuttle returned yet?" he inquired, flinching at the loudness of his own voice. When the computer chimed a negative, the NCO felt a pang of worry for his captain and walked out of his alcove. Seeing Gabe at the center of the bridge, Carlos headed over to address the acting captain. It was nice having the engineer in command on occasion, since Gabe seemed to give off a friendlier command presence than some of the other officers; he was certainly more approachable than the fearsome Colonel Lucas.

"Excuse me commander…" Carlos asked hesitantly nonetheless. "…isn't the Captain's shuttle supposed to have arrived by now?"

Tag: Gabe

(And we're back in action Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 4: Runabout Down
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next