USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 4: Runabout Down

Go down 
+7
Marissa Garren
Carlos Salazar
Alyssa Shields
Gabriel Sharpe
Kalen Gespard
Sergeni Kostev
Selina Karr
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:17 am

||Kadoshe II, Research Lab
||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

He grimaced as he watched the Captain dive into the fray. Well there went that idea. He was the next closest to the vent so he went after her, grabbing the lip of the air duct before dropping down to a crouch. He looked around as the fighting began and pulled out his phaser, taking aim and firing at the creatures. After his and the captain's weapons seemed to be mostly ignored, Kalen shook his head and wished for a moment that he had a batliff and the knowledge of how to use it. After watching the Captain dispatch two of her enemies, she looked distressed and hurt. So he went to her, aiming for their heads or eyes. He figured if the heat from the phaser could knock out their main senses with which they hunted his party, perhaps they would be a little less dangerous. He took his shots as he stood in front of her, the creatures still advancing towards them.

He looked back to her and laughed, he didn't know what else to do. "You know? I could use a sword, or an axe or at least something with a sharp edge." He grinned and kept firing. The power cell on his phaser would wear out soon, then it would be down to hand to hand combat, and he didn't really want that. They would overpower him fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:41 pm

|| Bridge
|| USS Fenris
|| March 23, 2388

Gabe checked the readout on his chair's armrest for what seemed like the 100th time. The runabout was late and he was offically worried

"Aye." Gabe replied to Carlos as he stood up, "Shoulda been on our sensor's an hour ago as well... somethings wrong."

Gabe walked over to the science station, currently unmanned, and ran a quick sweep. He rubbed his chin as the results came in... Nothing. He didn't like it but right now they had nothing to go on, no leads to follow, he found himself hoping they'd just taken a detour... but he doubted it. He'd been worried since the shuttle was ten minutes late but he hadn't said anything, ten minutes wasn't much to worry about but now, now he knew something was wrong.

"Well it looks like this waiting game's over. Helm, backtrack along the course in the captain's flightlog, Warp 4."

As he turned back to his seat he smiled at Carlos, "Yeoman, Get yaself a black coffee, it'll help with that... Fatigue." He said with a slight wink.

"Lt Life, Report to Sensor Operations in the pod, i want every inch of this sector scanned. Commanders Bakel and Garron to the bridge, we have a problem."

He returned to the first officer's chair and sat down, it was the only thing he could think of to do that'd stop him pacing the bridge, and even then he wasn't sure it'd work he had a habit of pacing when worried.

((tag Carlos, Remy, Marlo )

Last edited by Gabriel Sharpe on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Watching the scene below Taylor was almost having heart palpitations seeing Lillian in trouble. Of course he did worry about Kalen but the man wasn't carrying his child or about to marry him. It was the situation he never wanted to find himself in; having to save Lillian's life another time. They had traded the favour so many times that the marine wondered when their luck would run out. Despite this worry it didn't stop Taylor launching into action. As a marine it was his duty to be the thin green line between danger and his comrades. Staying in an airduct reflecting on how things would turn out if he stepped into the fire at the wrong time was not acceptable. Taylor knew that a marine was a shield and a sword, expendable but not worthless.

There was no doubt left in Taylor's mind when he launched from the ducts onto one of the creatures, survival knife in hand and a snarl on his face, a stark contrast if he was simply using a phaser. In close quarters fights you had to have the fire within you to make it out alive. Taylor landed onto one of the experiment's, pushing her to the ground before stabbing his blade right into her eye, piercing into the brain. He twisted the blade for a bit before pulling it free and stabbing it into the temple of another. He didn't have the time however to yank the blade free when a creature bit into his shoulder.

Yelling out in pain Taylor used his shoulder throw move to land his adversary onto the deck, giving a mighty kick to the skull that would crack a human's bones. Staggering against the bulkhead the two remaining figures shuffled towards him. Taylor checked his shoulder which bled into the fabric of his uniform. "A hand would be nice lieutenant!"

Tag: Kalen.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm

|| Bridge
|| USS Fenris
|| March 23, 2388

"Uh, yes sir," Carlos murmured, embarrassed but also relieved the CEO was cutting him some slack. "Long shift…but I guess it's about to get longer. I'll get to work notifying nearby ships and running possible routes through the computer." With that he raced back to his station and beginning entering calculations in conjunction with the navigation station. "I don't think there were too many possible routes they could have-"

His head snapped up when he caught the sound of Gabe hailing the chief science officer, and Carlos glanced around the bridge for a moment to reassure himself. So far so good, all clear. He returned to his work, deftly typing in commands into the console, hangover forgotten now. In his element, the yeoman noticed something as he was checking navigation reports for several of the possible flight plans.

"What the…" he muttered to himself, chewing his lip. Keying in a few additional queries, he peered at the screen and, as usual, frowned at what he saw. But perhaps being a perpetual pessimist and worrier would be a good thing this time. Spinning his chair around, he turned to call out.

"Sir, while we're searching we might want to pay special attention to Grid 374.7-T. The Starfleet observation and navigation buoy monitoring that area has been offline for unknown reasons for quite a while, so that's a blind spot for us right now. It's weird sir, the files say the repairs keep getting delayed for some reason or another. I guess it was never considered a critical area. That grid just contains the…huh…" he leaned over to check his LCARS again. "…the Kadoshe system. Nothing special about it sir, just a binary star and some barely habitable planets." Carlos shrugged. "Just a thought."

Tag: Gabe, others on the bridge
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:54 am

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Kalen couldn't spare a moment to watch the marine enter the fray. He had quickly run out of power in his phaser and had been trying to put the lessons he learned in the Academy and the skills he had learned from Taylor and the other marines. He swept one of the creatures off its feet and threw an elbow into the side of its throat, hoping to cause enough damage to stop the brain from sending messages down the spinal cord. He fought hand to hand with another of them, trying his best to stop it from eating him. After he managed to gain the upper hand, he threw the man into the bulkhead and he sunk to the floor. As he started to move towards Taylor the man he had put on the ground and he thought he had disabled with his elbow lurched up and bit him mid-calf. He yelped and tried to shake him off, kicking the man in the head repeatedly until he fell off of him and stopped moving. He staggered over to the marine and grinned slightly. "Gespard reports as ordered sir." He limped and saluted, looking towards the remaining two creatures.

He raised his fists to his chest like a boxer would to protect himself and looked over to Taylor. The man was bleeding pretty good, but then again so was he. In the upcoming fight he would prove to be more of a distraction than a real duelist or fighter. But if Taylor's knife skills were any view on the man's ability to put them down, Kalen didn't have to worry. He nodded, "Shall we begin?" As the pair moved towards him, he readied himself to attack the one on the right, facing him, leaving the other for Taylor.

Tags:Lillian, Taylor
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 am

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Watching the two men a little, Lillian slowly moved to the console and began to download some data to the PADD that she had brought with her, but she was feeling lightheaded--lightheaded and also in pain. Her head was throbbing and she was worried that they had been bitten because she didn't have all of the information that she needed and in her books that was a very, very bad thing. So she started to work away even though her vision was becoming blurry again.

"Fuck..." she swore softly, shaking her head.

She really couldn't handle this right now--the stress of the creatures and the stress of her condition were hurting the baby and Lillian knew that no matter what happened right now, the baby was important. Still, she needed the information and as she worked along she just felt weaker and weaker and suddenly it was as if the air in the room had grown, very, very thin. The creatures in the tanks could almost tell that she was a dinner that they could very much have and she began to sway a bit.

"Taylor," she managed as she began to fall toward the ground.

<Taggles: Taylor and Kalen>
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:24 am

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

"One and one, let's see if you can actually get a kill." said Taylor who ignored his shoulder wound as he retrieved his knife from one of the heads that it had sank into. The adrenaline coursing through him was enough to stave off the pain in his shoulder which meant he was more combat effective as long as he didn't relax and let his adrenaline levels drop. Taylor rushed towards his target, jumped onto one of the tables and pushed off it, turning him into a living cannon ball. Propelling himself onto his target meant the he had the advantage and was able to plunge his knife deep within the man's skull. It was a brutal thing to do but Taylor was all too familiar with having to do the brutal things.

He heard Lillian say his name, causing him to turn around to see her crumple towards the floor. "Take out the other one!" he snarled as he rushed towards her. Halfway there he dropped to both his knees, sliding along the floor so he caught her just before she hit the deck. Once Lillian was in his arms Taylor pulled her close to his chest as he stood up, kissing her forehead. "Captain's don't rest yet....come on...stay strong."

tag: Kalen and then Lillian.
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 am

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Kalen watched Taylor for just a moment before he strode towards the man he was to fight. He wasn't as able to shrug off his wound as Taylor was. Despite the adrenaline, his legs bore too much weight for it to be unnoticed, so he treated it more as an inconvenience. He lunged at the man, throwing his fist in a strike against its face. He fought it off of him as it grabbed him and tried to keep it at an arms length but was unsuccessful. Taylor quickly dispatched his opponent, Kalen struggled onward with his own. His training wasn't as full, but he would nonetheless carry out his mission. Since he couldn't avoid the creature grabbing him forever he took the offensive and bullrushed him, the pain in his leg burning hot and fresh. He would heal, but he would have to probably take it easy for a few weeks.

He hit the creature in its midsection and knocked it to the ground. He got under it, wrapping his arms around its shoulders and gripping tightly on its throat. His legs locked around its thighs and he tried his best to immobilize it long enough for oxygen to stop traveling to its brain. He assumed that it needed to breath and hoped he wasn't wrong in that fact or he would lose this combat to its superior strength. After forty or so seconds it still struggled and was trying and gaining ground on him. It had broken his hold on its legs and was wrenching its way out of his arms. So he made the only choice he could. He positioned his hands and arms while he still had control and wrenched the creatures neck, snapping it with a sickening pop. Afterward it lay still and Kalen's breath came ragged. He crawled over towards Lillian and Taylor, looking for Lillian's medical bag so he could administer some sort of painkiller so he could walk when they needed to get out of here. "Well, next time remind me to thank this Marshall for a lovely day in town. I couldn't have asked for a larger amount of fun." He smiled softly and laid down near them, looking at the ceiling and the air ducts they had dropped from. "I wonder if the Fenris is on her way.."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:09 am

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Lillian was only vaguely aware of what was going on. "Baby, I need the tricorder...check the baby's vitals."

She was trying her best to just take some deep breaths and stay with him but she was feeling so exhausted and weak and she knew it was the concussion. With a swollen brain she shouldn't have been trying to use her psionic abilities at all let alone trying to take on zombie creatures with her abilities and running around all over the place like she was some teenager in her prime. The fact of the matter was that Lillian Crae was older than she thought that she was and she had been in an accident and needed to rest, not run around fighting everything in her path and trying to be this beautiful heroine.

Lillian knew that she would never be able to forgive herself if she hurt Taylor's baby and Taylor seemed so much more attentive now that she was actually actively participating. Still, Lillian didn't know just how much longer that she could hold on and she wanted Taylor to know that it had always been him and that it would always be him and nothing could change that--not even a concussion. She belonged to him and the fact that this was all her fault made her want to hurt herself but she was carrying a child that deserved to live and she needed to start making smarter choices.

"I got the information though...we need to go back to the Research Room--this one doesn't have magnetic locks. We're safer where we came from to wait for rescue through the night. This place does get pretty cold and there are blankets in the Research Rom and I can put up force fields and answer your questions about my past while you have me in this state of mind." Lillian offered, her eyes opening a little bit. "My head hurts so bad, Tay..."

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:27 am

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

"I'll get you the tricorder when we're in the control room again." said Taylor, kissing her forehead again. He turned to Kalen and nodded reassuringly. In a situation like this everyone had to believe that help was on the way. It meant that they'd do whatever it took to stay alive rather than consign themselves to hopelessness. "I sent a burst transmission lieutenant. Text format so hopefully the computer on board will have an easier time sieving it from the ionic radiation than it would if it was an open channel."

Scooping Lillian up into his arms Taylor winced at the pain in his shoulder. However the marine struggled through it with the mentality of 'pain is weakness leaving the body' outlook on things. Taylor had the marine drill instructors to thank for that. He was able to shuffle out of the room with her. "No way we're using the ducts again. Keep close lieutenant and let's move to the research room long before we get swarmed."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 pm

||Contamination Room
||March 23, 2388

Kalen nodded and slid himself to a nearby bulkhead, using it to pull himself to his feet. He followed them, limping along at a sedate rate, keeping as much of his weight on his good foot. He smiled at Taylor, "That's good. They should have noticed we're gone by now and started looking for us. That'll mean that they should get the signal in a fairly short amount of time. It'll be good to get back." He hoped they got back in one piece. They couldn't fend off any more of the creatures. If they were attacked on the way, he was sure they weren't going to be likely to make it back to the Fenris. But he kept his thoughts positive. After all, Alyssa was still on the ship and he knew she would be expecting him to return.

He wondered what she knew about this place and would be curious to ask her. He had so many questions, but some were of a personal nature and not ones he should address to his captain. He was still curious about Taylor's behavior earlier. He thought he was supposed to be the rash one. He shook his head and chuckled softly, at least it wouldn't be too far of a hobble. "We'll have to stabilize her first. Then we can see to our wounds. There should be plenty in the medical bag." He didn't remember much more than basic medical treatment from the Academy, but he was sure now that Taylor would take care of Lillian.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:41 am

||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"I'm glad you can be so happy about getting back after the hell I'm going to raise for you after your little stunt with the ion storm." said Taylor darkly as he placed Lillian onto a chair before locking down the room. "Which involves you buying several rounds of drinks on the next shore leave until the senior staff are under the table." he said with a small smile to ease Kalen's nerves as he fetched the tricorder. "You're the only one that can read this damn thing Lilly, just tell me if you're ok and what hypospray vial you need."

With Lillian taken care of to the best of his ability Taylor shed off his duty shirt which a large patch of red had seeped into the forest green. Using a dead terminal as a mirror he was able to see the depth of his bite. It was deep enough to cause some bleeding but his carrying of Lillian had obviously aggravated the wound a little. He took out a hypospray from the medical bag and filled it with vial to lean his wound before wrapping a bandage around it. "So, anyone got any fun games?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am

|| Bridge
|| USS Fenris
|| March 23, 2388

Gabe paced the bridge, he knew he'd not be sat down for very long. He studied the Helm console over the helmsman's shoulder, After Carlos had pointed out the Kadoshe system he'd ordered the ship to detour there first it was afterall their first real lead in the search.

Half an hour... I really hope this is the right thing to do. He thought to himself as he moved to the science console. Given the sensor pod's uprated sensors they were starting to get a clear picture of the system, although parts were still unseen, as the upgrades had temporarily reduced the range of the long range sensors, at the time it didn't seem too bad, but now, now he kicked himself for not getting the upgrades done a few days ago.

He took a drink from the cup of black coffee he'd been carrying for the last 20 minutes, He hated coffee but at the minute it helped him keep focus. In his head he ran situations and made calculations.

Runabout could have attacked outside sensor range. Reduced range could account for us not being able to see the debris.

Runabout could have hit a natural distortion, forced to ground. within a local system, maybe Kadoshe.

He returned to his chair and called up what was known about Kadoshe as he tapped his commbadge.

"Sharpe to Sensor Pod, any luck on the scans?"
Back to top Go down
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:15 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

Marissa took a deep breath as she hung out in the security offices. She had been suspecting that there was something wrong with the shuttle because it had been about an hour since they were supposed to be there and that made Marissa nervous because that meant that something had to be wrong at this point.

She didn't honestly believe that the shuttle had simply delayed because they would have gotten some kind of message from Lillian by now since Lillian was really good about that sort of thing. At the same time, there was a chance that maybe they were just having a little fun exploring.

After all this was an exploration vessel.

That was their job.

When Gabe hailed her to the bridge though, Marissa knew that there was something wrong and so she headed there to get briefed on the situation. Optimism in situations like this simply wasn't her strong suit and so she was ready to expect the absolute worst: maybe they got attacked.

"Have we found any debris?" she asked once on the bridge.

Maybe the question lacked tact but it was worth considering.

tag: Gabe, Carlos
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:02 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

"We've found nothing as yet Commander." Gabe replied, "I'm still waiting to hear from Lt Life but recent Sensor pod upgrades have limited our effectiveness. Knew i should have gotten 'em finished before the Captain and her team left. We've changed course to the Kadoshe system, at the minute it's our only lead in this search but it takes us off the runabout's prelogged flight path. The other problem is we don't have much information on the Kadoshe system in our records so at the minute we're flying blind... Not something i like doing. Ya know i like all the information i can get... i don't like not knowing, it's an odd feeling."

"What we know is the place is barren and it has a star, so yea we're working with nothing... unless." He trailed off, he needed answers and he couldn't find them, he knew someone who may be able to find them.

"Marissa." he said with a grin, "Patch me through to SCIS head office, Lab 2."

Seconds later a female Capellan appeared onscreen, her long blond ponytail swinging as she span to face the screen in her lab.

"Oh Gabe, you surprised me. Wait why are you calling? Aww did you call to wish me happy birthday?" She asked, her voice quick and bubbley.

"Ya birthday's not for 2 week Calli, ya present's in the mail." He replied with a smile, "No i was hoping ya could help me with something, what do ya know about the Kadoshe system?"

Callan leaned slightly out of shot to work the terminal next to her, "I'm guessing you want more then the offical file."

"Calli, i can work a terminal." he chuckled.

"Of course, just making sure, never know with you Sharpes, i think you just like testing people. Okay a Pakled frigate reported it lost 4 probes in that area 2 months ago, the frigate itself is listed as being lost with all hands 4 sectors away, nothing in the reports says how the probes were lost, but that's no surprise, they don't tend to bother finding out why things don't work they just moan a lot... is that..?" She started before Gabe cut her off.

"Stay focused Calli, one thing at a time."

"Oh please i can multitask just as well as you."

"Juries still out on that one, anything else?"

"Not at the minute, there isn't much on the system that i can find, but if you like i can dig a little more, it'll take some time."

"Don't worry about it, we'll be there soon but thanks for the update."

"I aim to please Commander, good work on the promotion by the way."

"Thanks Cal, you'd best get back to work, i hear your boss is a slave driver."

"Again, i think that's Sharpe thing. That's two you owe me." She ended the call with a chuckle.

Gabe shook his head and turned to the others, "Okay people, lets find evidence of those probes, see if they can give us anything we can use."

((Tag bridgecrew))

Last edited by Gabriel Sharpe on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

“I’m fine,” Lillian said as she scanned herself, getting up and going to Taylor before going to Kalen. “I’m worried about these bites though…whatever is wrong with them might be contagious.”

She cursed out loud and then started rummaging through her medical bag before she grabbed the PADD and went to sit down. Lillian was having a hard time standing for long periods of time because she was feeling so lightheaded, but she refused to faint right now when Taylor and Kalen obviously needed her medical expertise here. She was also upset with herself because she had had a weak moment and Taylor had had to carry her with his shoulder--that hadn’t been a smart decision at all.

Lillian looked over to Taylor. “You shouldn’t have carried me…I’m sorry, baby. Games? Maybe “I Spy”. While you two play, though, I need to figure out what exactly was done to them, which was why I needed that console. One of Marshall’s fail safes is that he hides things on separate consoles so the material is always incomplete unless you download it all and put it together. Now I should know what the experiments were all about unless there is yet another console…I really hope this isn’t contagious. Then we’re all incredibly screwed. Good news though? Things are coming back a little bit.”

She smiled a little bit at that even though she wished that more was coming back to her than it really was and she hoped all of it would come back. A little about her most recent dealings with Marshall were coming back, but she still didn’t know anything about Taylor or Kalen or how she and Taylor worked now. Lillian didn’t know anything about the man she was supposed to marry and she didn’t know as much about her son as she wanted to know either but there were more important issues here--even if her family was the most important to her.

“Do you two have any questions to ask me?” Lillian asked slowly.

Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:49 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

Kalen pondered over what Taylor had said. Yes he had made a miscalculation but it was their job to explore. He'd explored enough on this planet though, that was certain. He shook his head and rolled up his pant leg, taking precautions not to aggravate the bite wound any further. It was a fairly good bite but he figured he'd probably make it. Though he was starting to feel a little bit warm. He knew Taylor was mad at him, "Well right back at you on the roof, Colonel. I ignored your counsel and made a miscalculation and it got us here. Luckily nothing happened up there to cause you any grievance but as a former engineer I'm just glad it didn't explode on you." He knew it was rash to say, but he had had a long day and he didn't need to be constantly reminded of what had happened. He was quite aware of it. He sighed, "Yes, we will drink and laugh and yes, I will make sure to buy some of the drinks." He smiled softly and also saw to his wound.

He thought for a moment about Lillian's query. He wondered if he had any questions. There was certainly something he was going to ask. "What is this place? And who is Marshall?" He really didn't know very much about the past going-ons of the ship. Was this a former Starfleet colony, forgot and dismissed as a failed scientific experiment? He had no earthly idea, and he felt like he deserved at least that much of an answer.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:26 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

Marlo pulled her hair up into a ponytail, as the lift doors opened in front of her. She'd gotten up to the bridge as quickly as she could, but she felt like she was moving sluggishly, having been up on her feet for 72 hours, trying to make sure this away mission would be as smooth as possible--she hadn't counted on a Ion storm, however.

Gabe shook his head and turned to the others, "Okay people, lets find evidence of those probes, see if they can give us anything we can use."

"How many did you send down, and how long ago, Commander?" Marlo asked, stepping off the lift and onto the bridge.

Even though she was bone tired, Marlo wasn't about to let anyone see--it could be construed as weakness, and she wasn't about to let that happen. She sat in the captain's chair, as at the moment it was her spot...and Gabe was in her chair, and leaned over the arm, quickly skimming the log. Something horrible was happening--somehow she just knew it. Her officers knew protocol, and should have checked in be they delayed or in trouble.

"There's too much interference with the long range scanners..." Marlo muttered, then stood up and walked over to a bridge terminal--she couldn't do anything from the captain's chair. "What would Monty do? What if we tried a coherent tetryon beam? We could cut through the interference in the ionspheres and tropospheres of the nearby planets--see if we can locate which one our shuttle had to take shelter on."

Marlo didn't want to use the word crash, as there wasn't sufficient evidence of destruction. This was why she sat in the big chair.

<tags bridge-ians>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

While Kalen asked his question Taylor could feel sweat gathering on his forehead before a slight shiver travelled up his spine. It was like his body couldn't make up its mind if he was hot or cold. In summary he felt like shit and his shoulder was throbbing underneath the bandage. However Taylor had decided not to use pain medication since pain kept him alert and awake. Anything given to him to calm the pain might dull his senses and slow down his reaction time and he still considered this enemy territory. Alertness saved lives. "It's just a bite." he told Lillian as he rummaged through his survival pack. "Now...you're going to learn the art of marine culinary skills." Taylor said to the Fleet pair with a small smile. Each of their survival packs contained food and water for them to last several days, more with careful rationing.

He set up his field heater and a mess tin before inspecting the packets within his own survival bag. "Look lieutenant, for what it's worth you did a fine job getting us down on the ground in one piece. I'm not going to make any official inquest that might affect your record simply because you made a bad gamble. There could have been a chance that it would have paid off. I'm not in the business of reprimanding people because of bad luck. I know you're a highly skilled pilot and everyone has their bad day."

Taylor had said his piece before placing the mess tin onto the stove. He fished for chocolate powder, powdered milk, some sugar and some lemon energy powder. He tipped all of the ingredients into the mess tin along with some clean ration water. Taking a spoon from his MRE he stirred the mix for a moment before returning to his main meal. Taylor glanced at the packet to gauge exactly what he was about to eat. "Meatloaf, gravy and rice...perfect." he said cheerfully as he prepared the flameless heat bag for his meal. "If you've never had a combat ration before they're the best meal you can have. You've been spoiled by replicators and such but this is the type of meal that keeps you fighting fit. Back in marine training we were in Kenya for a patrol and we were camped outside an Admiral's home. He came to inspect us and I overheard him mention about his prize fruit collection. So...me and Recruit Kira decide to liberate his strawberry patch."

Cheerfully he prepared his meal which was odd given that the man was wounded, stranded and far from home. In fact it was the first time he was in his element for a long while now. Trapped in the wilderness and forced to live on combat rations was part of Taylor's job. "In case you've forgotten let me both re-introduce you to Mr MRE or Meals, Rarely Edible. Got your main meal, side dish, cracker, spread, water, powdered beverage, mixing bag, flameless ration heater bag, napkin, matches, energy bar, spork, seasoning and of course toilet paper. Everything a grown marine needs." Taylor looked at his mix in the mess tin and decided it was ready. He got three cups from his bag and filled them with the solution, placing two on the terminal for Lillian and Kalen while he kept one for himself as he sat on the floor. "Little Ranger trick, that drink is filled with calories to keep you going and it's warm. Drink up."
Back to top Go down
Dariak Sondag

Dariak Sondag

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 am

||USS Fenris
||Omega Squad Rec Room
||March 23, 2388

"They are late." declared Dariak flatly as he read a PADD about certain seafood dishes that seemed to pique his interest. Omega squad had been going through several training drills about boarding actions and now they were relaxing within their rec room. It was a bland room with little decoration which suited Dariak fine since he understood the need of operational effectiveness over the needs of aesthetics. Still, he had put out a request to Taylor about getting some form of decoration in but the colonel had just stared blankly before walking away without a word. To Dariak that meant he was thinking about it.

Kat, the Andorian sniper, was currently working on her rifle when the Vulpine's declaration caused her to turn her attention from her task to the squad's XO. She found Dariak fascinating yet unknown all at the same time. Given that his people had only gone from leaving their borders to attack their enemies to basking themselves in alien culture meant that they were still working out most of the major faux pas. "They're fine lieutenant, there are no known hostile species within this sector. Even so the colonel is with them so if they did run into trouble he can could take care of them."

"What you are forgetting staff sergeant is that the colonel's skills are completely centralised towards planetary engagements. Unless he plans to take on a hostile ship in an EVA suit he may not be able to do much. And not knowing about a hostile doesn't negate their existence."

The man's comment caused Kat to narrow her eyes with an 'oh, is that so?' expression. Sure Dariak had a point but still it felt a little wrong to simply dismiss someone's skills because they were out of their element. Not to mention there could be any number of pirate raiders in the area. "Shall we get ourselves collected in case we've deployed for rescue operations?" As marines, Omega Squad was suited to conduct search and rescue operations into hard to reach areas or hostile territory. Hopefully the command staff would remember this and call upon their expertise but in Kat's experience the Fleet loved to forget that the Marine Corps was good for more than shooting things.

"Yes." answered Dariak with a nod. "It would be best to prepare while they are unaccounted for."

Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:21 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

"Just try recalibrating the primary array to clean it up. I'm sure there's something in that signal, and the computer is picking up an unusual variance in the frequency. It must be an actual transmission and not just a quasar or something!" Carlos argued, trying to work the controls for the communication console as his hands kept getting shoved away by the rightful owner of that station. He was ignoring a good deal of rank and protocol out of concern for the welfare of Captain Crae.

"Are you telling me how to do my job? That's a garbage signal, too degraded to receive. It's probably some outdated civilian traffic that just now made it this way at less than the speed of sound," the communications ensign hissed defensively. Still, Carlos refused to give up, and turned to call out over his shoulder to Marlo and Gabe.

"Commanders? There's something very weak coming in. I'll patch it through to the bridge audio." Carlos fumbled with controls while the communications officer relented and looked on in annoyance at the NCO intruding on her territory. Finally the audio crackled to life, and everyone looked up in hopeful expectation.

"-ris to shuttle, resp…there?…Fenr…Heim…all…assist..ce? Fenris…shuttle…read?" the system crackled, and for a moment there was a murmur of excitement around the bridge. Then the communications officer sneered.

"That's the message we've been broadcasting around this system for the past fifteen minutes! The ion storm is bouncing is back to us. That's not them!" she said triumphantly. Carlos flushed red, and with a nod of defeat slunk back to his own console to do what he could from there.

After a time though, the communications officer frowned. "Commander Bakel…" she started hesitantly "…Science Department classified the ion storm in progress in this system as a Class III storm, but it seems too localized. And also…a storm like that shouldn't bounce back our transmissions like it's doing," she offered reluctantly, unwilling to give too much credit to the yeoman who had been pressing her earlier.

"I don't know what, but there's something odd about that storm centered around the first three planets in the system. Maybe that narrows it down a bit…?" the communications officer asked nervously.

<Tag: Bridge>
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

Lillian looked at Kalen and Taylor and smiled a little bit. "You've both got my gratitude helping me to fight these things, you know? Yeah, you both got bitten and now I have to figure out what's going on in your bodies, but at least you're alright, right? That and you kicked some serious ass."

She kept doing her thing as Taylor prepared her a meal and then turned around and looked at them since Kalen's question had gone unanswered and Taylor's little tale was making things in her brain mesh a bit. Lillian was pretty certain that she'd heard about this 'Kira' before and yet...all she knew was that with the name came a slight twinge of jealousy and she wondered if it was related or not. At any rate, she had questions to answer and questions to ask.

"I don't know what I've told you about my past, Kalen," Lillian began slowly, "but I've been a bit...spirited. That's a good word for it. See, Marshall and I are rivals and he's a much better doctor than me...well, at least he is more skilled in the art of medicine--I wouldn't say 'better'. My gut feeling here tells me that he's got himself an empire and I'm not surprised because covering his tracks? He's been killing and covering it up since he was 11, maybe 10. He's a killer and a monster and I helped him to become that without knowing it and then was blackmailed into continuing. I got away, but you never get out. This place? It's a replica of Dorin Gamma--I'm sure you've heard of it because every Academy student after it happened that year has. The whole colony was wiped out by a bio weapon...by Doclin. Doclin is Marshall and I helped to create that weapon for him. He's a dangerous man and if its been like 10 years since then, well...well then he's even more powerful now and I'm worried."

She sighed loudly and ran her fingers through her hair, looking at them and noticing the red, making a face and wondering what was up with her. While she hated to admit it to people, she knew that she changed herself to make people happy and she had hoped that she wouldn't have to do that with Taylor--that she was perfect as is for him--but apparently not. Apparently no matter who it was, Lillian Crae was simply not enough and the feeling was making her feel sick to her stomach suddenly because she had always thought that Taylor was different...that Taylor loved her as is.

"Was this Kira of yours a redhead that you were in love with once that I feel threatened by?" Lillian asked Taylor suddenly as she looked at her hair in the reflection of a console. "Because I wouldn't be a redhead unless it tickled your fancy and I felt entirely inadequate to please you. I mean I look sexy, I'll admit it, but the red velvet cupcake thing isn't me...now I want cupcakes."

<Taggles: Kalen and Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:29 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

His jaw dropped slightly. Of course he had heard of Dorin Gamma. That was an atrocity and it was committed by one man? Doclin, the man who had been plaguing the ship at least in the reports he read was this Marshall character, a man from Lillian's past. A man Lillian willingly admitted she had helped. But she didn't help him anymore though, right? So many things had gone wrong with the ship in the reports that he had read. What if she was still working with him somehow? He shook his head. No! This was his captain, he couldn't believe that she would ever betray Starfleet like that. Or else, what meaning did his life even have? He shuddered and he couldn't think of anything else. The warmth that he had been feeling had spread through his body slowly, but now he felt it everywhere. He looked at Lillian and took in all of what she said. Food simply wasn't interesting to him anymore. It made sense now, why he'd been sent here. But he didn't know whose side he was supposed to take. He was too stubborn and hotheaded to do anything but go with his gut at this moment. There was still a phaser left in the emergency supplies.

He battled with his own thoughts. Kalen my boy, he thought to himself. This isn't the person your father would have wanted to see you become. You love them still, somewhere down in your soul. You can't get rid of them. No more than you can discard what you learned on the Arjento. No more than Starfleet asked of you when they assigned you out here. Your mission hasn't changed, Gespard. He shook his head to try to get the thoughts out. All the people poking around in his brain had changed Kalen. He wasn't the same man who had left the Academy, giddy to be on his first assignment. He wasn't even the man who cowered in fear and in shame as Cardassians killed his crew. No, he had been changed of that he was certain. And he couldn't ignore the will of Starfleet.

The smell of the MREs hit his nose and he started to salivate. Maybe he was hungry after all. He slid over to where Taylor was cooking the food and he licked his lips in anticipation. If only Lillian knew why he had been remade into a pilot. If only somehow he could tell her. But he needed to keep up his guard, a picture of a brick wall floating in his subconscious. Telepaths were hard to get around, but he had a reason to beguile her for a bit longer. All the training he had undergone would have been for nothing now if he couldn't do this. He had to find a way to use Lillian to get to Marshall, now that he knew that Marshall and Doclin were one in the same.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"Actually Kira was a black-haired Orion. She didn't like hair products that much. You're thinking of Sarah and she left me when I was a bloody slab on a bio bed." said Taylor after he had heard Lillian speak. He didn't presume to judge since he wasn't a saint so the fact that she destroyed a planet, while it did unnerve him, didn't shock him like it should. In fact during his time outside of Starfleet he could have been considered a pirate, mercenary and a murderer. While Taylor and Nayla had never gone after Federation or Starfleet ships, the Klingons and other races had suffered for him accepting contracts from Vega Station's crime lords and gang leaders. Taylor knew that underneath the silk veil of morality that humans loved to cloak themselves in that they were still the same violent and impulsive race.

He smiled as he began to drink his power mix and eat his meal. It was a healthy amount of calories which he'd need to make it out of here. Taylor's bite on his shoulder pulsed hotly, sweat rolling off his forehead as he ate. "Someone turn the heat down in here." he said, wiping his forehead with his forearm. "It's Doclin that's the killer, not you. Sure you're an accessory but that's like me blaming my phaser for all the people I've killed. What happened, happened. No amount of redemption or attempted redemption is going to change that."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:03 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

"Anyone who leaves you is an idiot," Lillian told Taylor with a gentle smile. "I suppose that maybe I just think that you're still in love with her, so I dyed my hair red."

She shrugged it off because she didn't know, she just felt like that was the case as she sat there because it seemed the only reason--and because of her gut instinct. When Taylor began to talk about how hot it was though, and Kalen seemed rather agitated, Lillian pulled out the tricorder again and began to scan them before she went for her medical bag. Kalen was first, and so she took a sample of his blood and then took some of Taylor's, knowing she could at least use some of the equipment in here.

Her brow was furrowed as she started to review the evidence and then she went over to Taylor and she stroked his hair, pressing her lips to his to kiss him lovingly. She moaned into him slightly and then pulled back as she deepened it, back away and setting up two force fields. Lillian was incredibly sure that they were very infected and she had to find a way to fix it because she didn't want it to spread...especially not to her since she was pregnant.

"Those bites have infected you and I don't want you to get to me or to each other until I can fix you. The kiss was strictly for my benefit." Lillian said with a smile on her face.

<Tags: Taylor and Kalen>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 4: Runabout Down
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next