USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 4: Runabout Down

Go down 
+7
Marissa Garren
Carlos Salazar
Alyssa Shields
Gabriel Sharpe
Kalen Gespard
Sergeni Kostev
Selina Karr
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

He looked at the forcefield around him after watching their passionate embrace. "Well now I feel really left out. That's not very fair..." He shook his head and sighed softly. Oh well he thought to himself. Perhaps there would be a next time for the..m. Wait what? Was he really thinking about..he well. He couldn't keep a thought in his head for very long. And he was so warm. "Could you open the door to the outside? It's so warm in here.." So warm...He wished he could have someone beside him, wished he could kiss Alyssa like that. He took off his duty jacket and suddenly she was beside him. He smiled softly and kissed her, lying her down in the improvised cell with him. Well at least he would have company tonight, that would be nice.

This continued for a few minutes as Kalen pulled off his undershirt, feeling the pulse of her body underneath his. Then her hair shaded to red and she became Aria, with a phaser pressed against his temple. He didn't seem to mind and continued kissing her. After all her race had killed his father, perhaps the universe and Kalen were better off without the man. She deserved his thanks and he grazed his hand up the outside of her thigh before he felt the bright hot burn of the phaser in his head. He screamed and rolled over, clutching his face. He blacked out for a couple of minutes and when he came to he was still alive and Aria was gone. But so was the cell, he was in his father's office and the high back chair was faced away from him. He crawled towards the desk until he hit it, but couldn't seem to climb it or get around it. "Father! Father!" He cried out, beating his fists against the desk. He couldn't help but miss the man and he sobbed, curling up into a ball in the center of the office. "Why am I even here? I should've been on that ship with my father. I should have died on the Arjento. They should have broken me at Starfleet..I should be a mindless husk.." He sighed to himself and tears flowed down his cheeks. Then he was back on the bridge and Lillian was there with him, but it was just the two of them. "I'm sorry ma'am. I'm sorry about all of this." He walked towards her and cupped her cheek in his hand, "I didn't think I would hurt you. I didn't know any of this would happen.." He hugged her and rested his head on her shoulder.

Then the bridge disappeared and he was back in the Research Lab. Taylor was across from him in the other forcefield shielded makeshift pen and Lillian was at the console. "Huh.." He sat back down and looked at the place where Taylor had been cooking, "You know I could really go for some dinner." He looked at the Captain and let his eyes linger on her. What she said earlier was true. She looked...tasty.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23 2388

Gabe watched as the sensor data--made possible by the tetryon beam--came in. Disturbed, he rubbed his chin. The things he saw gave him cause to worry, as if he wasn't before. He turned to Marlo.

"Results are in, ya may find this interesting Captain." he started, switching the results from the screen in front of him to the Main viewer.

"Okay firstly, we have evidence of a possible Federation runabout on the second planet, the area around the crash site seems pretty much empty, we'll know more when we can get closer and use actual sensors. But here's the interesting thing. That Ion storm we picked up." he said as the picture shifted to the ion storm, "I found traces of Borite and Natrium... Those elements aren't found naturally in ion storms, they ARE however 2 of the elements used to create an Ion storm."

He let that sink in for a while, it was looking like someone wanted Kadoshe II hidden... and he had a sinking feeling he knew exactly who it was.

((Tag Bridgies))
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Lab
||March 23, 2388

The kiss Lillian gave was enough to steady his nerves but the question if he still loved Sarah sent a painful pang through his heart. "No, I don't. I love you." he said as he stood with his ration, eating it as if it was the last meal he'd ever have the chance of eating. A forcefield was set up around him and Kalen but he didn't mind. If he was infected it made sense to quarantine them. However if something was to happen to the captain and she was unable to release them that would make things a little bit more interesting. Still Taylor trusted Lillian to do the right thing and he just sat there with his heater, ration pack and energy drink. Besides he also had the rest of his emergency pack so he had water and food still.

He watched as Kalen went through his hallucination within his own forcefield and wondered if he'd end up like the rest of the people walking around the building. In fact Taylor kept his knife close in case he had to end it. Taylor had no desire to become one of those creatures as far as he was concerned. In fact all he felt was hot, tired and close to throwing up but nothing of what Kalen was going through.

Yet anyway,

"Lillian, I love you. Remember that."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

Marlo sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. She was at the end of her patience already, and Carlos was not helping matters. She wanted to find the away team more than anyone else. It was her almost sister who was missing, but she had to follow protocol--and that meant that she needed to shut their yeoman down now--she had agreed to be the rule enforcer--the 'whip' as it was.

"Yeoman...While I appreciate your initiative, that is not your job. My team knows protocol, so I already assumed they couldn't contact us--though the why is nice to know. Stop hassling my officers, and when I tell you to run a scan, I want you to run the damn scan. Are we clear?" Marlo asked, making sure to keep her voice level.

Maybe the lack of sleep was getting to her--or maybe she liked being the hard-ass for once. They needed to wait the storm out...if they got caught in it and crash landed as well, they'd be hard pressed to launch a rescue for their team when they were in trouble themselves. Unfortunately, the safety of the crew came first.

"Back us up. I can't risk getting us caught in the storm as well. We'll wait the storm out. In the mean time, I want my science officers working round the clock analyzing this storm. Carlos, since you're so eager to help, why don't you join them?" Marlo ordered.

She shook her head, and sat back in her chair.

<taggles to the bridge>

Last edited by Bakel Marlo on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 am

||USS Fenris
||Omega Squad Rec Room>Bridge
||March 23 2388

"I believe it is necessary that I visit the bridge," Aria told Dariak and Kat as she worked away on some things. "If we are to find the Colonel then it is important that we go about the rescue the correct way. I will return later."

Aria had been trying to figure out what was going on the most effectively since she had found out about about the Captain, MCO and pilot being missing. She was part of this crew and Taylor was the reason that she had come here and that she had met Dariak and become part of a group. Now they were all in danger and Aria wanted to save them the best way that she knew how and right now that meant making sure that they were all at their best--even if that meant that she was out of line.

So she went out of the Rec Room and headed for the turbolift after glancing at Dariak, going to the bridge and hoping that they would listen to her. After all, she was a Junior Officer and she wasn't exactly ranked to be on the bridge and yet...and yet she had information for them. She had been trying rather hard to make sure that everyone came out of this alive and it was important to her that everyone was working on it.

"The ion storm is man made," Aria said as she got off of the turbolift. "I am sure you have already found that out, but there is a signal underlying the scans. It is imperative that we wait out the storm and then proceed with caution to the planet. There is an instance of this in the personal files of the captain and I believe that Doclin is who we are looking for but this is different...he is hiding something."

<Taggles: The Bridge Crew>
Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:48 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

"Yes ma'am…yes ma'am," Carlos murmured twice apologetically to Marlo's reproaches, feeling thoroughly reprimanded. From then on he resolved to to hide in his alcove and run basic scans, suppressing his worry for Captain Crae's safety and instead grimacing at the pounding headache that had returned amidst all the recent excitement.

As he linked into the science department's analysis network, he felt a pang of anxiety that the Chief Science Officer would notice his login and remember their old dispute. Relief flooded into him when he recalled that Gabe had ordered her to the sensor pod. So he set to work running basic analytical subroutines for the computer, so that the trained science staff could focus on the trickier problems.

Just as Carlos began to suspect that the ion storm was not a natural phenomenon based on the preliminary reports, someone called out the same conclusion from the turbolift. He glanced over at the newcomer who had said that, and did a double take when he saw the signs of a former drone. Still, she was in uniform, so he kept his mouth shut - not that he wouldn't have kept his mouth shut anyway. It was time to let the important people with the shiny stuff on their collars handle this one. He got back to work doing what he did best, typing in command strings and staring at a screen.

<Tag, but not really. I got nothing Neutral >
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:27 am

||Kadoshe II
||Roof of the Research Center
||March 23, 2388

Lillian had been working away while the Fenris waited out the ion storm and while things were going on inside of Taylor and Kalen that she couldn't seem to counteract no matter how hard she tried. They were exhibiting flu like symptoms and while they weren't turning into the creatures and they wouldn't, they were becoming delusional and exceedingly hungry. It seemed that some antibiotics would help, so she was just going to whip some up when she heard something.

"Did you two...never mind." Lillian said shaking her head.

It was rather precarious her trying to get back up into the vents on her own, but it sounded like it was coming from the roof and when she tried to use the sensors from the console, it was detecting something. Right now, Kalen and Taylor weren't in any position to help her with any of this and she needed desperately to figure out what was going on here. So she looked over at Taylor and Kalen and smiled sadly at them trapped behind their force fields, even the creature in the tank getting a bit amped up.

"I'll be back, I promise," she told them before disappearing into the vents towards the roof.

The shuttle landed upon the roof of the research complex. It was painted black and didn't follow any known design. Once the sleek craft had settled down the side hatch opened to reveal three figures clad head to toe in black armour, their faces obscured by full faced helmets. Across their chests sat standard issue phaser rifles but there was nothing standard issue about them. No rank insignia, nothing.

"Prepare the explosives." said the middle figure, voice distorted by its helmet. "I want this place ready to be leveled in ten."

Lillian really hated crawling up to the roof, but she did what she needed to do, images flashing through her mind as she made her way there. She had been slowly regaining her memories when it came to all of this Marshall stuff, and she was even remembering a bit more about Taylor as she worked away. Something about being a doctor again was really helping her out, but she had a feeling that acting more like a captain might help as well...there were still fuzzy spots and holes in places.

"I can't believe he replicated this..." Lillian said as she found her way up onto the roof and saw that they were indeed not alone--there was a shuttle and there were three people there, wanting to destroy this place and yet...one of them felt familiar. "I take it you're cleaning up Doclin's mess?"

She knew that one of them had to be a 6--had to have been sent her to clean up what Marshall had done, but she also knew that Doclin was the name that Marshall went by and the 6's were really the only ones who knew his true identity. Anyone who gave it away was killed and if she showed that she knew Doclin, there was a way that she would be spared, even wearing Starfleet colors. Now all she had to do was figure out how much time they had and why this team was here...

At Lillian's sudden appearance to the team one of them raised his phaser rifle at her before the middle finger lowered it with his hand. It was obvious he was the leader and it showered with the way he just seemed to be in control of the situation. Calmly the figure crossed its arms before considering Lillian. "Doctor Crae." it said, voice still distorted. "What a most pleasant surprise."

With that it took off its helmet to reveal dark skin and a shaven head. The man's facial expression was like a hawk studying far off pray. James Corden had once been a SFMC Spaceborne Ranger and a close friend of both Lillian and Taylor. However after Taylor was left behind his faith in Starfleet crumbled into dust and he left only to be recruited after Taylor killed one of Doclin's Sixes who was in charge of his guards and agents.

"What are you doing here doctor?"

This person knew her too and while she recognized his face and knew it was because of Marshall that they were brought together, she couldn't remember his name. She felt oddly like she owed him, but the fact of the matter was that in that moment they both wanted the same thing here--this place destroyed...she just also wanted her, Taylor and Kalen off of this planet and to the Fenris. Hopefully such things would bring her memories back and that was what Lillian wanted more than anything else other than their safety.

"Forgive me, but we crashed and the crash has left me...not in a state to remember your name." Lillian said as she took a couple of steps toward them. "I do, however, remember you and who we worked for together once upon a time and that one that pointed the phaser at me better take in my name and learn it because if he actually pointed it at me in Doclin's presence, he'd be on the ground in his own blood in a second. I'm thinking you owe me a favor."

While Doclin wanted Lillian dead--well, at least that was how he put it--he would never let someone else do it for him because that totally defeated the purpose of all of it. At the same time, Lillian also knew that she was grasping at straws probably because she didn't know how much she helped Marshall now--if she still did. Well, of course she still had to didn't she? Once you got in with Marshall, there was really no getting out and even if you got out, the moment he thought you were betraying him, you were dead.

"My name is James Corden." answered the now faced figure. "I was a close friend to someone you knew; Taylor Lucas. The problem however was that this man was left behind by his so called 'fellow officers' who refused to listen to his good advice. You are the woman who made him soft, made him weak. You are also the good friend of Doclin and the cause of me being here. We know about the breakout and we're here to...well, cleanse the area."

After his explanation James merely looked on into the distance while his two cronies assembled the explosives. "In fact the ion storm has passed and we were able to find your three life signs amongst the...rabble. Two humans and one Betazoid. Who are the two poor souls you've managed to rope into death and hopelessness as you always seem to do with people?"

"You make it sound like he's dead..." Lillian said slowly as she took a deep breath, trying to remember things. "And actually, I seem to remember you saving me in one way or another, so maybe I owe you. All I know is it sounds like Doclin has helped me to continue to break people--that much I've been getting from the red hair and the memory fragments...but this is about us. I'm the captain of the USS Fenris and my MCO Lieutenant Colonel Taylor Lucas and my pilot, Lieutenant Kalen Gespard crashed here after getting caught in your little manmade ion storm. They got bit and I need to make the cure that was eluded to in the research. Can you help me?"

She gave him those doe eyes that always got her everything that she wanted and it made her feel a bit more one with herself because Lillian had always used her wiles to get her places. Yeah, she had a brain, but Lillian was also a very attractive Betazoid woman and she used it to her advantage whenever it proved to be useful and right now she needed help to save the man she loved and also the man that she really wanted to be friends with and not responsible for his death.

"I want to salvage my shuttle too, while we're at it..."

"If your shuttle encountered the ion storm you need a team of engineers, not Doclin's troopers." stated James who remained stoic faced. The man had been through a lot of losing someone who was as a brother to you would make anyone a little sour but James had taken Taylor's 'death' to heart. "Even if we could help you I wouldn't. For one Taylor would never go back to Starfleet, not after the shit you all put him through. Secondly; if Taylor was with you he would have advised you to stay in the shuttle where there was shelter or supplies or take to the hills. Marine survival SOP states never go near unknown towns of facilities unless absolutely vital. Tay would never ditch SOP with lives on the line."

"I don't remember exactly why he's back, but there's not much he can do when the mother of his unborn child leaves the shuttle for the place emitting a signal out of curiosity and while he could have physically made me stay, he's not going to hurt the pregnant woman."

Lillian sighed because it was obvious he wasn't going to help so she headed back to the vents. "You don't have to believe me, James, but they're down there and I'm saving them. Feel free to blow up the place with me in it and then run back to Doclin and apologize cause I got caught in the cross hairs--bet he'd spare you...or maybe not. He's going to know I was here...a message has already gotten to the Fenris."

"In which event I can always say it was an accident. Doclin needs me. I'm good at my job but even sometimes I make mistakes. You are nothing more than a small annoyance." James tapped the side of his rifle as he considered what Lillian was saying. "Take me to Taylor then, let me see if you're telling the truth."

"Trust me, he's killed more an important man than you just for wounding me without permission. Try it, I dare you." Lillian said before she smiled and nodded. "We had to take the vents because of the people roaming around trying to eat us, but...I think you three know how to make it to the Research Room via your escape route just fine. When we get there, I need the calculations for the antibiotics because it cuts off and I can't get to the other console I need...that room is too infested for me to do it on my own."

"They've been hungry--like would kill me for food kind of hungry--for the last 40 minutes or so," she explained to James slowly. "So...the equation for the antidote, anyone?"

For a moment James just stood there thinking about just shooting her and continuing with his mission but a feeling gnawed at him from the inside. What if Taylor was indeed waiting for Lillian down within the complex? Infected and confused? One of his men seemed to see his hesitation and shook his head. "Sir, we are not here to play around with fools from Starfleet. I suggest we complete our mission and take her back to Doclin. I'm sure he'll reward us handsomely."

"I'm sure he would." agreed James who brought his rifle to bear against his comrade. He was close enough that the lethal phaser blast shredded through the armour and shields and before the other crony could open fire James unsheathed his knife and drove it between the chest and neck plate, pulling it out to reveal the crimson blood. With that taken care of James handed Lillian some vials. "He better be down there."

"I have yet to lie to you," she said softly as she pocketed the vials.

Maybe seeing such a violent act of killing should have affected her more than it did, but Lillian was in a state of mind where the Dominion War and Marshall's experimenting were fresh so she simply subtly flinched a little. Then. she decided to take point into the vents, leading James to the Research Room and then heading to the console she was working at, resting her hand on her stomach and then looking at Kalen and Taylor. They had to be even more uncomfortable by now than they had been before she left and she really wanted to fix this just in case there was a chance that it would become a permanent state of mind.

"There, see for yourself," she told James as she readied hyposprays.

James did see for himself; he saw his closest friend sweating within a force field eating a ration pack. He couldn't believe it was actually him back in uniform. A great deal of shame seemed to sweep over James just at that moment. In his dark armour he felt like he had betrayed the uniform. "You look like hell." he said. "Sir."

Hearing the voice Taylor looked up with sweat covering his skin in a thin film with a smile. "I'd say I was seeing shit but I'd never think you'd be in that armour."

"No one ever thinks Marshall will suck them in, but he does...trust me he does and you want out but he has this hold on you that...how about I cure you, yes?" Lillian asked Taylor slowly. "If he attacks me, James, can you help to protect me and the baby or should you take Kalen since he's worse off and I can subdue Taylor with my mind if need be? I need them injected."

She wanted this taken care of because there was something that James wasn't telling them that she had found looking through some things. Not to mention Lillian was sure that leveling this place was more than just the Research Center...some of these chemicals would become airborne and overkill what was within a particular radius. It seemed like she really needed to make sure here and so she went for the force field commands and took a deep breath to brace herself.

"Ready?" Lillian asked bravely.

JP by Lilly and James
Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 TaylorFenrisSiggy2
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:40 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

Marlo had been tense all the way through the ion storm; she was gripping the arm of her chair as sat sat at the edge. She stared intently at the view screen, and then down at the data pad given to her by the science teams after studying every iota of the storm. It was almost dissipated...she could risk a rescue.

"Omega team, Move out. Head to the transporter room immediately. Medics, you are priority one. Let's go people!." Marlo ordered.

She stood up and threw her data pad on her chair, and headed towards the lift. She was going down, no two ways about it. She nodded at Gabe, stepped into the lift, and took it down to the transporter room. If it was Marshall, like Aria suspected...the ion storm had been there to hide what was below. Something big was happening and she intended to find out what.

Her phaser was at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Dariak Sondag

Dariak Sondag

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:37 pm

||USS Fenris
||Transporter Room
||March 23, 2388

With the orders given to them, Omega squad moved out to the transporter room. Each of them had been tested in battle with numerous variances in the circumstances yet this would be the first time on a mission together. Dariak inspected his pulse phaser rifle, slapping in a power cell and watching the ammo counter fill on his TED. As the team's second-in-command it was his job to command them when Taylor was indisposed. Stranded on a planet seemed like being indisposed to him. Placing his helmet over his head Dariak gave out his orders, face now obscured behind the faceplace.

"Sergeant, I want you to on lead. We'll need your eyes and ears to locate the colonel and the captain. Petty officer, stay in the middle of our formation. Your presence is vital to the mission. Ensign you'll bring up the rear."

Dariak had his own reasons for wanting Aria safe however they were irrelevant during their duty. "Command Bakel, we are ready."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 23, 2388

Gabe stared at the main viewscreen, having transfered the Fenris' sensor reports to there. He was looking for anything that would them the upper hand in this situation he'd classifed as 'Crap'.

"Ion Storm artifical, Scans show little degredation since the Pakleds found it, waiting it out could take months. Runabout systems would be shorted, explains the captain's crash landing. Must be something propagating it, chances are said system would be in the storm itself." He said to himself, tapping the PADD in his hands, switching the screen to another scan. "Internal scans of the storm show traces of Borite and Natrium and hello... Duranium."

He turned around to see most of the bridge crew looking at him, at which point he realised he'd been thinking out loud and not the normal internal monologue he was used to, without explaining he tapped his commbadge.

"Sharpe to sensor pod, Switch all sensors to that Ion storm, there's traces of Duranium in there and i wanna know why."

(TAG Bridge/ Sensor pod)
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:15 pm

||USS Fenris
||Transporter Room>Kadoshe II
||March 23, 2388

Aria wasn't quite sure what it was about suiting up and getting her orders, but she felt liberated and it made her feel so much better about herself knowing she was part of a team like this. She was more than ready to try and save their missing crew members and while she wished she had a more pivotal fighting role because of her enhanced strength, she knew she should feel flattered that it seemed like Dariak was protecting her. Still, she felt as though she should serve as a kind of tank because on top of it all, she was immune to disease and she could easily fend off whatever they came in contact with.

"As I am immune to disease and stronger than most, it is imperative that I go into the fray first," Aria explaiined as she went over the information in her mind. "All we know is not enough to go on."

With that said, she let the engineer teleport them down to the planet's surface and immediately began to scan with her tricorder. She found the readings of the shuttle annd pointed in the general direction, and then she pointed in the direction that Taylor's signal had come from. It had taken it a while to get to the Fenris, but once the storm had cleared it had made it and Aria wanted to go there first.

"The shuttle is over there and badly damaged but it can be repaired. The distress signal came from that general location but it will take twenty minutes to walk the distance as we were stopped from teleporting closer." Aria assessed with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 23, 2388

Lillian ran her fingers through her hair as she made sure that the infection was leaving Taylor's and Kalen's system and also tried to figure out what it was that James was doing here. She needed to talk to Marlo and Gabe and she needed to see if there was an Away Team coming because the ion storm had passed and she wanted to get off of this planet. Her memories were coming back and she took down the force fields and gave Taylor a tired smile as she massaged her temples and motioned to Taylor.

"You still hungry?" Lillian asked him, hoping he'd come over and massage her shoulders or something. "Because I need you, and I need your help with something..."

She knew that there was something going on here that James knew about as well and it hurt her that she couldn't do anything about it right that second. It just seemed to her that there was something else going on here and she only needed to get to the root of the problem and then she could solve anything. She also needed Taylor's help because she knew that pregnant she shouldn't be gallivanting off into danger.

"There's something that James isn't telling us--I think there are more people here...ones that aren't infected."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:46 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 23, 2388

Shaking his head and giving a reassuring smile Taylor felt all the more better with the cure injected and the fact that James was alive and well before him in the flesh. The fact that he was wearing the same jet black armour that so many of Doclin's troopers that had fallen to Taylor when they had been wearing it, chasing him around Vega station and stopping from him from killing his way up a 6's chain of command. Glaring at James for a moment he walked up to Lillian and gave her a cuddle, kissing her nose. "I can find it out." he whispered.

The marine turned to James and inspected him. "I'm happy to see you man but I'm not too sure about the armour. Doclin must pay really good for you to walk away from the Corps." said Taylor in an all too disappointed voice. It was like a cornerstone of his trust for people was almost crumbling.

"Hey, that's not why I left." said James, raising his hands defensively. "No I left when you were left on Sigma because of that idiot's mistake when he decided to gallivant into danger. Apart from the marines and Lillian, there wasn't anyone on Seven who actually cared you were gone. Just another chore to handle and they fucked it up. So I decided if a colonel was worth nothing, what was a staff sergeant? I left before they could leave me on some wasteland of a world. Lots of marines did too...went for contract work, retirement....Doclin contacted me though. Said he needed my skills. Course you were the reason I got promoted due to you killing that Cardassian. Good work by the way."

"Oh I'm so glad to have your approval." said Taylor acidly. "Look...what exactly is going on. Where are we?"

James blinked for a moment as he heard Taylor's tone, unused to being on the end of such a harsh way from a man he considered a brother. Obviously with Lillian involved he took the whole Doclin thing to heart. "Kadoshe II is or was a testing facility. To what end I do not know. I command his military forces, not his science division. We operate on a need to know basis and all I know is that this planet does have an indigenous population like the captain suggested."

"When we're done here you are going in a cell back on the ship till I figure out what to do with you."

"Fair enough..."

Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 23, 2388

Lillian stood up and slipped her hand into Taylor's, looking between him and James and taking a deep breath as she thought about what to do. There were people here that the bombing would hurt, but they had to get rid of the zombies...could she save them too? It was hard for her because she wanted to save everyone, but she really didn't have that kind of ability being pregnant and there being people in her way in a zombie-like state.

"If there are people here, then we have to save them--no questions asked." Lillian said, feeling a little bit more like a captain, though she would always be a doctor at heart.

She had been feeling more and more like she had to be in control and to make the right decisions and it was gnawing away at her. Lillian also felt like she was being far too hard on Taylor because of the Sarah thing and knew that she had to actually talk to him about it--but that had to wait. Right now Lillian had to deal with what to do with a whole bunch of innocent people that were going to die if they just blew up the research building and left them there.

"You two are soldiers, right?" she asked James and Taylor. "That, and I'm sure that Kalen can help me out--help us out--so I think that we need to find a way to do this...please?" Lillian looked at Taylor and reached up to cup his face, stroking his chin with her thumb and looking him in the eye, "While I still want the shuttle, I want to save these people and get off this planet at the same time...what do you say, baby?"

Trying to give Taylor a reassuring look, Lillian rolled up on the balls of her feet and pressed her lips to Taylor's.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 23, 2388

"It's not that simple captain." countered James who shrugged. "If you do managed to stop this thing there is nothing preventing Doclin from coming back and trying a whole other experiment. The best option is to level this place to the ground with high explosives and then get picked up by your ship." He watched as Taylor pecked at Lillian's cheek before the man walked away from his wife to be, pacing around the room.

James hoped that Taylor still had his marine state of mind when it came to things like this. There was little cause for them to stay when Doclin could simply undo everything done today. Instead Taylor just shrugged. "James has a point; we can't be everywhere at once with Doclin on the prowl. But...to walk away when we can be doing something to help is against our oath to Starfleet. Your sidearm, Corden."

Sighing James tossed his phaser pistol to Taylor who inspected it, put the safety on then tucked it into the waistline of his duty trousers before turning to Lillian. "I assume you have a plan, captain."
Back to top Go down
T'Vola
Ensign (Y)
Ensign (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:30 pm

||USS Fenris
||T’Vola’s Quarters
||March 24, 2388
||00:00 Hours

T’Vola was still in and out of consciousness. She had been on the floor in her quarters for over eight hours. Beads of sweat began to trickle off of her skin as she pulled her slender legs in and rolled her naked, slender frame off of the soft carpet in her quarters. She gripped a shelf to help herself up. Her long black hair stuck to her shoulder blades as they were soaked in perspiration. Her hip bones ached as she stood on her legs. She felt so hot and knew that her body was burning up. She called for the computer to have the air conditioning in her quarters bring the temperature down. She felt the wash of cool air blow across her skin as she limped to the sonic shower. There was that familiar heat she felt when she had gone too long without the need to fight it off or make love to someone until it went away. Her dark eyes looked to the bed to see that only her uniform was there. She held her hand below her belly and placed it on her smooth skin to ward off what she knew would come next. Billy’s clothes were nowhere where he had left them when she went off shift. That heat inside her went from a comfortable warm to a searing pain that made her double over. Ringing in her ears began as she felt her throat release what she had eaten for lunch all over the dresser drawer and the side of the wall next to the bathroom. She almost screamed before it all came up again. She fell on her free hand as she kept her right arm around her belly.

She saw white as tears welled up in her eyes and all she could hear was the ringing. She fell on her side and felt her abdomen flex over, and over as the pain flowed from her lower half to her stomach, her small breasts, her shoulders, and finally, up the back of her neck. Causing her eyes to go darker as she jerked and grabbed hold of the side-door of the bathroom for any measure of control she could hold over herself as she lie next to her own vomit. She knew it would subside just enough for her to get on her feet. Knowledge of this didn’t stop her from feeling helpless, however. She felt her bones pop as her left hand tensed so hard that her fingers felt like they could almost stretch backwards and break themselves. Finally, her face contorted, her neck muscles stretched to display every tendon, and her mouth opened wide in a pained scream. There was a sudden jolt as her back arched off the floor and her body flopped flat against the carpet again with a thump. She felt a way out of her convulsion when she felt she could control her legs again. She lifted them off of the floor and tensed her mid section until she could push herself toward the wall.

The young Vulcan girl grinded her teeth as she gripped the dresser and held her breath. Her skin felt as if it were on fire by the time she desperately climbed to her feet and found her way to the punching bag. Her chest vibrated with the pounding of her heart. She could hear it in her ears as she attacked the bag so harshly that it rammed the ceiling with every solid blow she landed. Again, and again, she tore, punched, kicked, and kneed the bag until she felt the heat subside from her skin and retreat inward, from her neck, past her chest, and finally retreating to her belly. The more she killed the punching bag, the more she destroyed the ceiling at which the bag was mounted on, the more the pain went away. She wiped the liquids from her mouth with the back of her hand a moment and delivered one final blow to the bag. She then turned to the dresser that she had vomited on, disgusted with the fact that she had to go through this, enraged at the fact none of her fellow crew members were there to help her deal with it the way she was supposed to deal with it, she gave into the rage. The rage finally took the pain away as she grabbed the dressar and threw it across the room. It landed into her computer desk. The computer itself snapped into two pieces as the monitor careened into a mirror, shattering it on contact. Shards of reflective glass snowed onto the soft floor as the naked Vulcan upturned her desk on top of the drawer and screamed at the top of her lungs. The range took the pain away, and the pain turned to pleasure as she almost laughed. She fell to her knees as a sudden pleasure finally took over.

She fell onto her back and into the glass as her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she bucked her hips into the air wildly. Oblivious to the fact sharp objects dug into her skin, pouring her green blood into the carpet, she moved her hands downward to finish off the entire array of experience she felt. From sheer pain, agony, and torment, to rage, shifts to and from reality, and finally ultimate pleasure and ecstasy. More than blood dripped out of her body as she finally held onto herself. Her heartbeat slowed to normal as she crawled out of the glass. She caught her breath as she walked through the debris of her room with blood dripping down her back, vomit caked on her shoulders, and other fluids that had just ran down her leg. She found the dermal regenerator amongst the debris of wood, glass, and plastic near the desk area. She limped to the sonic shower while healing her wounds.

Five minutes later, T’Vola, clean, sane, and in uniform, pulled her bonytail behind her pointed Vulcan ears walked out of her quarters. She noticed the alert lights all around the ship and she raised an eyebrow at that. She had apparently been in her condition for more than nine hours total. A crew member had promised to be there for her to find the ‘alternate’ way of dealing with her secret condition, but she knew now that she couldn’t count on him for that. She would have to clean her quarters after her shift and much would have to be replicated to replace the damage done to her room. Logically, this process would have to be done in steps. Once her mind was in tune with Vulcan logic again, she was more easily to find the most acceptable approach to re-organizing her life all over again. In full, proper stature, she walked into Engineering with her hands behind her back. Ensign Billy Gheller, a young curly haired man looked up at T’Vola in what she could only deduce as being, horror.

“T’Vola.. Vee’, I’m sorry... We went to alert! I tried to wake you!” He walked up to her and held onto her slender arms. T’Vola simply raised an eyebrow.

“It is quite alright, Ensign. We may have to part in our relationship, or, perhaps, you may learn the seriousness of my condition and develop certain exceptions to alert conditions. It was logical for you to have tended to your duties,” T’Vola nodded. “Please... Let us talk about this later. Fill me in on the situation.”

The young Vulcan and young human went back to the main pool-table console. T’Vola was surely going to get an unexpected briefing of current events just as shocking as waking up without a required lover.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:15 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||March 24, 2388

Gabe rubbed his eyes as he went over the data sent to him by the team in the sensor pod. Now the ship was closer to the storm they were able to get much better readings. He knew for a fact now that the storm was man made and he was just starting to see what was propagating it.

"Well that explains it. Helm get us as close as ya can to that storm without us ending up 20 meters from the captain.
Okay people we have what looks to be 5 generators to keep this little curtain running. We'll need a plan to take out 4 of 'em, the 5th one is mine, I wanna take a look see at what makes this thing tick."

In truth he wanted to take a look at what he suspected was Doclin's work. This was the first time he'd been able to get his hands on the guy's tech, since the Betazoid security forces had taken the bomb he'd worked on weeks ago all he had was his tricorder reading. It'd help no end in his personal mission to track him down, at least he hoped so.

He turned back to the results and switched to the generators. "Okay my little darlings, lets see what we can see from here shall we?"
He rubbed his eyes again, followed by his temples. In the last hour the dull ache in his head had upgraded to a full blown migraine. . After hours of going through the information he'd got on Doclin, then in the current situation, He'd been staring at various screens for hours most of the time deep in thought and it was starting to take it's toll.

"Just as I suspected, Paratrinic shielding." he said, a smile appearing at the corner of his mouth, "Sharpe to T'Vola, I may need your skills, come up to the bridge and I'll fill ya in."

Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

"Of course I have a plan," Lillian said with a smile on her face. "I wouldn't have mentioned it had I not had a plan."

Turning to the console, Lillian found herself inputting some codes and bringing up some schematics of the planet instead of layouts of the Research Center itself. She was pretty certain that she knew where the indigenous people were and that they were the ones being used in all of these experiments. There were a lot of races in the logs and so Lillian was more than positive that this place had once been a colony of many--a Starfleet Colony at that--and the people had been taken over and some of them were people native to this planet in the first place.

Pointing to the screen, Lillian looked at James and then at Taylor before she glanced at Kalen and then back to the screen to try and figure this all out. She had found what looked like a cave of some sort, reading some faint life signs and wondering if there was just interference, or if they were wounded and/or sick. She was pretty sure it was previous rather than the latter and so it was time to become a rescue team and try and do what they were supposed to do as Starfleet Officers: help the unfortunate.

"There are life signs--faint life signs--in this area over here. I know that that means we have to go out into a sea of hungry, infected individuals, but it's better than staying cooped up here forever, isn't it? We have weapons, we know that blunt or severe drama to the brain or spinal cord works, and I think it's up to us to fix what Doclin has broken for no good reason. Wait a minute..." Lillian started to work at the console when beeping ensued and she smiled a little bit. "I'm picking up a perimeter breach in this area...and I think that one of the life signs is Borg. I don't know about you three, but I think that Fenris sent an Away Team. James, how do you make this console do scans of space, or are we in the wrong room and this console can't run such diagnostics and scans?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:21 pm

||USS Fenris
||Engineering>Bridge
||March 24, 2388

T’Vola had gotten the call to go to the bridge. After her friend had briefed her on the basics of what was going on during her brush with near death due to a lack of understanding on an outsiders part, she knew that this was one of the most unique and possibly even dangerous situations she had ever found herself in. She my have survived Talray’ without a lover to soothe the effects of the Pon’Farr like symptoms only to die a few minutes later protecting the ship. She almost smiled to herself as she walked into a turbolift and called for the Bridge – cleaning up her quarters was the least of her problems; as a damage control specialist, she fully expected her personal destruction of her own quarters to be masked by the various levels of dismay all over the ship. As the humans would say, there was a silver lining to this cloud. That is, if I survive, she thought to herself.

She rubbed her hands over her bony hips slightly. The Starfleet Uniform was form fitting to her skinny figure. Starfleet had a history of near-revealing uniforms for both men and women. Often times she could see the bulge of the men if they stood just right, and likewise, her uniform left little to the imagination until it tapered off to the actual over-coat portion of her uniform, which was probably one of the best ideas Starfleet ever had. As an Engineer, she knew that Starfleet had a thing for keeping standard thermostat/environmental settings to about 75 degrees Fahrenheit. It was just the right temperature to keep an officer awake from discomfort if they had nothing to do but sit still and monitor a console.

So the jackets – were a great idea.

The one thing she wished they still developed, however, were pockets for the uniform. She had left her personal chronometer somewhere in her quarters amongst the debris. She took a mental not of the time and assumed she had a good four hours before she needed another fix again. Only ten minutes had went by since she had to fight her way through Talray’ and her throat was already beginning to go dry. She probably had much less time than usual because she had to resort to violence to overcome the condition instead of the traditional mating. She caught herself grinding her back molars back and fourth just before the turbolift slowed and the doors opened to the bridge.

Was that emotion I was feeling,” T’Vola thought to herself as she stepped into the room filled with the low hum of high power usage, and computer beeps. Get a hold of yourself, T’Vola. She took a deep breath and guessed that keeping track of a personal chronometer was not going to cut it this time. She found a bead of sweat sneaking past her eyebrow and she quickly wiped it away.

Shit... She thought.

She felt her toes curl in her shoes already. She went straight to the nearest replicator and demanded water from it. She downed the glass and had it refilled three times before she felt the cramps in her feet subside. She refilled the glass once more before turning to the center of the bridge. The crew probably never saw a Vulcan run on the bridge before. She took another sip of water and then held the glass by her side.

“May I help you?” She said to a few onlookers in general. She said it in her usual Vulcan calm but deep down, she was wanting to either rip people apart or find the most suitable mate. She put the glass back on the replicator tray and closed her eyes once she had her back to everyone. She took a deep breath while she sent the glass of water back into the transporter buffer to be recycled. She then turned around after convincing herself that she could keep up the act. She thought, she could either find someone for a few minutes, or go back to her quarters and fight through it for a quick fix. All she needed was an extra hour’s worth of a fix and she would be just fine, or so she thought. Fighting through it just didn’t do the trick for her; in the back of her mind, she knew that but she ignored it.

We’re on alert and I just have to deal with it, she thought. Suck it up.

Despite the war of self control raging deep within, she kept an outer veil of discipline and standard Vulcan coldness about her personae’ as she approached the man nearest the captains seat. She clasped her hands behind the small of her slender back and looked up at him with her dark eyes.

“T’Vola, reporting as ordered sir,” she said in her Vulcan trademark emotionless voice.

Gabe turned slowly as he came up with the last few parts of his plan, his migraine still hitting him like a hammer, though he did his best to keep the pain from his face.

Modification to deflector will only be short term, 30 to 45 minutes before feedback renders it inoperable. He calcuated as the Ensign stepped onto the bridge, I really hope this works.

"Ah well timed Ensign. Your personal file states you’re an EVA expert and that's exactly what I need for this little job. Outside we have a class 11 ion storm, too much for even this ship to handle safely." He started, folding his arms across his chest, "Now we need to get in there and grab one of the storm generators one way or another and I have a plan."

Gabe turned and stepped towards the engineering station at the back of the Bridge, calling up a cross section of the Navigational Deflector.

"Now what I need ya to do is take a small team, two or three others, head out to the deflector and modify it to fire a controlled Paratrinic beam. I'd go myself but I'm currently acting CO, thus I'm needed on the Bridge for the time being."

He handed T'Vola a PADD, "This is a list of the top 5 EVA engineers on the ship, yourself excluded, feel free to choose your own team."

T’Vola looked over the list and nodded.

“An agreeable compilation of capable Engineers,” she said. “I’ll take two others to minimize the casualties in case we are caught by a surge while out there and have a second team ready to continue where we left off in case we cannot finish the job. Is there anything else, sir?”

"Indeed. The modifictions are only phase one of the plan. As i said i want one of those things, the other 4 i plan to destroy if possible but I'm sure we'll think of something. Once the beam is active we'll have 30 to 45 minutes before the deflector overloads, it wasn't exactly designed to do what we plan to do. Now in that timeframe i want you and your people to head into the storm and grab one of those generators, you'll be protected as long as you stay inside the beam, outside it... well straying outside the beam is not a good idea, that storm'll burn your suits out in about 2 seconds. Grab it and get back here ASAP, i don't to risk my people anymore then i have too. Any questions Ensign?"

“It sounds like a logical plan to me, sir. There are no further questions that I can contemplate bringing to your attention at this time,” T’Vola said while wiping the back of her hands on her uniform jacket in hopes that nobody noticed her perspiring. All she wanted to do was get off of the bridge, and start working before the pain got too much to bare. She took the PADD and walked toward the turbolift doors.

"Dismissed Ensign and good luck." He said as T'Vola entered the turbolift.

He moved to Marissa's station, "Okay, lets see what we can do about taking the others out shall we Commander?"

Joint post by Ensign T'Vola and

Last edited by Gabriel Sharpe on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

"A Borg?" asked the ex-marine with a puzzled expression. It took a while for Taylor to click exactly what that might have meant. One Borg drone wouldn't be all there was of an assimilation force. As far as he was aware it wasn't part of Borg tactics to send out scouting units. No...this was something else instead. In fact James raised an eyebrow when his friend laughed as an ephiphany hit him.

"It's Petty Officer Gray, my team's medic." he explained. "The Fenris must be in orbit and that means our chances of dealing with this thing have jumped up significantly. With high powered phaser rifles we can aim for the head with an increased chance of making a kill."

Nodding James understood what he meant by that. "Since you were able to send out a distress call the tower will allow you to run scans from this console. Use it at your own free will."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:18 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

"Actually, sending out Aria was rather ingenious," Lillian said with a smile on her face as she tried to figure out how many of the infected lay between them and the exit. "She's Borg, so she's immune to disease. If anyone can fight off all of these beings, she can. Not to mention she has the rest of the team to back her up, so our chances are improved...but being here this long, we've got hoards outside of our door."

As she pointed to the door she jumped a little bit, the being behind the glass acting up because it was almost like she knew--knew her food was leaving and beings like her lay beyond the door. It was only a matter of time before this place went up in smoke, but Lillian wanted more than anything to help the others that were untouched by all of this before then. She had so many questions for James and so many things to tell Taylor even though her memories weren't 100% back and her head still throbbed.

"James is the reason that I left Doclin the last time...I know that," Lillian said slowly as she readied her phaser and grabbed her medical bag. "At the same time, I'm disappointed that you're still a part of it, James--especially that you're willing to cover up a place where Doclin tortured people to the point of severe and irreversible brain damage. Broken as you were after Taylor was declared KIA, he wouldn't have wanted either of us there...and I should have tried harder to get you out as well. Being a 6 isn't all it's cracked up to be and I won't let you go back. I'll barter with his '1' to get you off the hook."

That being said, Lillian put some things into the console and then grabbed the PADDs that she had downloaded the data to and put them in her medical bag. Then she headed for the door and she looked at the men in the room with her and she took a deep breath and then looked at the creature in the glass 'cell'. She was waiting for the marines to break the door down because they wouldn't survive just rushing through right now, but she had to be ready.

"When they near our signals, then we make our move and not before--that's an order, men." Lillian said with a commanding voice. "And James? You're in our custody when it's all over and we'll see what happens."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 am

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

"You can spare me the kindness." snapped James before settling at seeing Taylor give him a dark look. "I only stayed because of what happened to Taylor. I'm not willing to trust Starfleet to look after me but I trust Taylor. If Taylor wants me around I'll stay."

Taylor just stood there silent as he inspected his pistol, nodding slightly. "We'll see about it. Right now we've got to help those people in the caves. We're ready when you are ma'am."
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

When they opened up the doors to the Research Center, Marlo and Omega Squad had no idea what it was that they were dealing with and while surprised by a being, Aria never let her surprise show. When two of them came barreling out at her, she simply grabbed them and flipped them over. When that didn't work she shot them in the head and when that did work, she knew logically what to aim for as they followed the four signatures: three human and one pregnant Betazoid.

"Aim for the head--severe the spinal column," Aria said with a nod. "Head trauma seems to be our best shot."

She moved into the Research Center with agility and determination, taking out creatures with the help of Marlo and the Omega Squad. When they neared the room that the life signs were coming from, Aria realized that the room was magnetically locked and even her Borg strength couldn't help her with it. Still, there was a panel on the wall and so she got a hold of Lillian, Taylor, James and Kalen. She wanted to show that she was part of this crew--this family--and to make Taylor feel proud that he had chosen her to be part of his team.

"We've created a path, but more are coming." Aria said and then nodded as the magnetic lock was lifted and she saw the faces of the people she had been coming for. "We have an extraction point mapped out."

Lillian smiled and nodded. "But first...we have a group of people to save."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

Marlo held her modified phaser at the ready, giving Aria some cover. She’d seen what Borg could do, and was confident that the marine medic could take care of herself, which is why Marlo allowed her to go first. She would’ve loved to have stormed in to the research center guns blazing, shooting anything that moved, but she needed to be careful. If Marshall was orchestrating this, who knew what they would find; life signs had been sporadic, and he could have done a lot of things while they waited out his ion storm.

She was surprised at how easily Aria took down some of the beings, and shook her head. Her phaser wasn’t going to help her with these, so she pulled her dagger out of her boot, and got up close and personal with one, shoving her knife through its skull.

She knelt down to examine it, as she pulled her knife out of the head and wiped it off. She reached down and turned the head from side to side.

“What is this?” She asked, looking up at Lillian and Aria. “This isn’t natural.”
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 pm

||Kadoshe II
||Research Center
||March 24, 2388

"They all used to be beings we'd recognize: Humans, Betazoids, Andorians, Bajorans--but they were used for research. They were experimented on so much that they now have brain damage and they only know that they're hungry. They will eat us and kill us to eat us if given the chance, so you need to be careful of them and we need to get to this area, right here."

Lillian led Marlo and the others to the console that was near the being in the case, nodding and then leading them to it and showing them the area. Then she started to lead them out of the Research Center toward the location...well, not entirely lead. Omega Squad seemed to be taking care of it just fine and so Lillian got to hang back a little bit and talk to Marlo, which was really nice for her.

"By the way, 'hi', Marlo. I was actually wondering where you were back when I was trying to get my memories back." Lillian said with a smile, half hugging her best friend as they made it out of the building and locked it up tight. "According to this wonderful tricorder that Marlo undoubtedly tweaked--you still tweak and update my things, right?--they should be over here. Just over that way in a cave..."

They were all determined to get to these people and she wanted more than the others to completely save them. She also wanted to get her shuttle back so that it could get fixed up back on the Fenris by either Marlo or Gabe when they got back, but it would have to wait. It was easier to get reading from here and as soon as she had made contact, she wanted to make contact with Gabe as well so that he knew what was going on.

"Five readings. Two females, a male, and...two children. Well, they're not little, but they are young." Lillian said gently. "We should be there in about ten minutes--Marlo, we need to contact our second in command...there are gaps in my memory, but I think it's Gabe."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Runabout Down   Episode 4: Runabout Down - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 4: Runabout Down
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next