USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kalen/Aria Introducitions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

Kalen/Aria Introducitions Empty
PostSubject: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

After having such a bother in his back the night before, Kalen wondered if perhaps he had tore a muscle or strained some muscle or did something peculiar to aggravate it. So he had decided when he had gotten off-duty this morning to see the new CMO about it. He figured he could just waltz down the halls and talk to the doctor about it, how busy could she be? He wasn't aware of any wounded from the mission save for Col. Lucas, but given a day and a half he figured that she would have enough free time to see him. He walked slowly and stiffly down the halls of the ship, dressed casually as he was off-duty. He hoped Alyssa had slept well, she had seemed like she needed it and he couldn't fault her for that. He smiled slightly before taking a bad step and wincing slightly. It wasn't enough to really ground him too terribly, but enough to cause him to want it to go away. He walked towards sickbay, humming something under his breath that had been stuck in his head for some time.
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:17 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

After having such a bother in his back the night before, Kalen wondered if perhaps he had tore a muscle or strained some muscle or did something peculiar to aggravate it. So he had decided when he had gotten off-duty this morning to see the new CMO about it. He figured he could just waltz down the halls and talk to the doctor about it, how busy could she be? He wasn't aware of any wounded from the mission save for Col. Lucas, but given a day and a half he figured that she would have enough free time to see him. He walked slowly and stiffly down the halls of the ship, dressed casually as he was off-duty. He hoped Alyssa had slept well, she had seemed like she needed it and he couldn't fault her for that. He smiled slightly before taking a bad step and wincing slightly. It wasn't enough to really ground him too terribly, but enough to cause him to want it to go away. He walked towards sickbay, humming something under his breath that had been stuck in his head for some time.

"I'll be with you in a moment!" Elena called out absentmindedly as people came in and out.

It wasn't that there were a lot of people, it was just that few wanted Aria to treat them when Elena was too far away from her. It had been easier when Lillian had been in Sickbay helping Elena out because no one dared to refuse the ex-Borg drone when Lillian was there watching their every move, but with Lillian gone they could request Elena all that they wanted. Aria just wanted to be efficient and it was hard when people let their fear get in the way of things--granted there were plenty who were giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"It would be better if you would simply let me look at your arm," Aria told the Ensign that was giving her problems. "The CMO is not able to assist you right now."

The Ensign rolled his eyes. "I don't need some--"

"--watch it, or you can go take care of yourself." Elena said as she took a deep breath and looked toward her office. "Grey, it would be helpful if you could go and get my medical bag." Aria nodded and disappeared into Elena's office, leaving Elena to narrow her eyes at the Ensign. "Show her more respect or I'll be telling the captain. Better yet? Just leave. You're fine--you're not dying--and if you make my job any harder I'm going to make your life harder."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:25 pm

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

"I'll be with you in a moment!" Elena called out absentmindedly as people came in and out.

It wasn't that there were a lot of people, it was just that few wanted Aria to treat them when Elena was too far away from her. It had been easier when Lillian had been in Sickbay helping Elena out because no one dared to refuse the ex-Borg drone when Lillian was there watching their every move, but with Lillian gone they could request Elena all that they wanted. Aria just wanted to be efficient and it was hard when people let their fear get in the way of things--granted there were plenty who were giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"It would be better if you would simply let me look at your arm," Aria told the Ensign that was giving her problems. "The CMO is not able to assist you right now."

"--watch it, or you can go take care of yourself." Elena said as she took a deep breath and looked toward her office. "Grey, it would be helpful if you could go and get my medical bag." Aria nodded and disappeared into Elena's office, leaving Elena to narrow her eyes at the Ensign. "Show her more respect or I'll be telling the captain. Better yet? Just leave. You're fine--you're not dying--and if you make my job any harder I'm going to make your life harder."

As he approached the sickbay doors, an Ensign seemingly rushed out and he wondered what could have happened in there. Well some people were still afraid of medicine even in this day and age. He didn't know why. He walked into sickbay and saluted the CMO. He had never met the woman, in fact he didn't think he'd ever met a Trill in all his life. They were a very intriguing species, he had of course familiarized himself with all the members of Starfleet, but to his knowledge he didn't remember a Trill in his year at the Academy. He shrugged, "Excuse me ma'am. I know you're quite busy" He looked around, certainly a lot busier than he really had expected. But he guessed he couldn't really assume anything about things he really didn't know. Medicine had never been what he had wanted to go into. The basic classes they took showed him that very clearly. "But when you have a moment I have a few questions about an issue I need resolved. It's been bugging me for about a day now and it interferes with my capacity to accomplish my job and I must do something about it immediately." He waited for a moment, wondering if somehow she needed a hand in here. Unlike with engineering though he couldn't offer one. He shrugged and waited for Elena. He wasn't in any sort of hurry.
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

As he approached the sickbay doors, an Ensign seemingly rushed out and he wondered what could have happened in there. Well some people were still afraid of medicine even in this day and age. He didn't know why. He walked into sickbay and saluted the CMO. He had never met the woman, in fact he didn't think he'd ever met a Trill in all his life. They were a very intriguing species, he had of course familiarized himself with all the members of Starfleet, but to his knowledge he didn't remember a Trill in his year at the Academy. He shrugged, "Excuse me ma'am. I know you're quite busy," he looked around, certainly a lot busier than he really had expected. But he guessed he couldn't really assume anything about things he really didn't know. Medicine had never been what he had wanted to go into. The basic classes they took showed him that very clearly. "But when you have a moment I have a few questions about an issue I need resolved. It's been bugging me for about a day now and it interferes with my capacity to accomplish my job and I must do something about it immediately." He waited for a moment, wondering if somehow she needed a hand in here. Unlike with engineering though he couldn't offer one. He shrugged and waited for Elena. He wasn't in any sort of hurry.

"Yeah, I can help you," Elena said with a gentle sigh.

She had wondered if maybe she was being too hard on people, but it was making her life a lot harder having Aria in her Sickbay trying to be helpful. While the ex-Borg drone was helpful, and even more qualified at her job than she was, her presence made people tense up and when they were on edge it made Elena's life a lot harder than she wanted it to be. She wondered if she would have to deal with the same kinds of things from Kalen, but he was a Senior Officer and had no doubt been told that there was now an ex-drone on board that would be helping to patch people up--though if Sickbay had been avoided before, it was definitely avoided now even if Aria was a looker.

"Grey? I need my bag!" Elena called to her, wanting to get this over with and looking at Kalen. "What seems to be the trouble, Gespard?"
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:50 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

As he approached the sickbay doors, an Ensign seemingly rushed out and he wondered what could have happened in there. Well some people were still afraid of medicine even in this day and age. He didn't know why. He walked into sickbay and saluted the CMO. He had never met the woman, in fact he didn't think he'd ever met a Trill in all his life. They were a very intriguing species, he had of course familiarized himself with all the members of Starfleet, but to his knowledge he didn't remember a Trill in his year at the Academy. He shrugged, "Excuse me ma'am. I know you're quite busy," he looked around, certainly a lot busier than he really had expected. But he guessed he couldn't really assume anything about things he really didn't know. Medicine had never been what he had wanted to go into. The basic classes they took showed him that very clearly. "But when you have a moment I have a few questions about an issue I need resolved. It's been bugging me for about a day now and it interferes with my capacity to accomplish my job and I must do something about it immediately." He waited for a moment, wondering if somehow she needed a hand in here. Unlike with engineering though he couldn't offer one. He shrugged and waited for Elena. He wasn't in any sort of hurry.

She had wondered if maybe she was being too hard on people, but it was making her life a lot harder having Aria in her Sickbay trying to be helpful. While the ex-Borg drone was helpful, and even more qualified at her job than she was, her presence made people tense up and when they were on edge it made Elena's life a lot harder than she wanted it to be. She wondered if she would have to deal with the same kinds of things from Kalen, but he was a Senior Officer and had no doubt been told that there was now an ex-drone on board that would be helping to patch people up--though if Sickbay had been avoided before, it was definitely avoided now even if Aria was a looker.

"Grey? I need my bag!" Elena called to her, wanting to get this over with and looking at Kalen. "What seems to be the trouble, Gespard?"

He smiled softly at Elena, "Thank you, Commander Tam. I hate to be another burden on your time." He walked over to her and sat on the bed, gazing at her for a moment to study her. He wondered what it would be like to be a bonded Trill. To have a whole other group of people's thoughts and feelings running through one's head. He imagined it would be easy to lose one's sense of self. He wondered what age Trills were able to undergo this experience..oh he wouldn't ask. He didn't want to pry. He figured they would stick to business, after all he hardly knew the woman and other than the few meetings and the briefings they had been on together he had hardly seen her. He shook his head, "I think I might have pulled or tore something in my back and it's incredibly uncomfortable to sit in one position at the helm for more than a few hours. I wanted to ask you about it to see if there could be anything to remedy it. I tried hot and cold to try to work out the kinks but nothing seems to lessen the irritation and pain." He heard her call someone else's name and for some reason it stuck in his head. Grey. Grey. He seemed to recall it from somewhere. Oh yes the new personnel briefing. There was something odd about her file. He couldn't for the life of him remember what it was. He shook his head, "Do you have any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:32 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

He smiled softly at Elena, "Thank you, Commander Tam. I hate to be another burden on your time." He walked over to her and sat on the bed, gazing at her for a moment to study her. He wondered what it would be like to be a bonded Trill. To have a whole other group of people's thoughts and feelings running through one's head. He imagined it would be easy to lose one's sense of self. He wondered what age Trills were able to undergo this experience..oh he wouldn't ask. He didn't want to pry. He figured they would stick to business, after all he hardly knew the woman and other than the few meetings and the briefings they had been on together he had hardly seen her. He shook his head, "I think I might have pulled or tore something in my back and it's incredibly uncomfortable to sit in one position at the helm for more than a few hours. I wanted to ask you about it to see if there could be anything to remedy it. I tried hot and cold to try to work out the kinks but nothing seems to lessen the irritation and pain." He heard her call someone else's name and for some reason it stuck in his head. Grey. Grey. He seemed to recall it from somewhere. Oh yes the new personnel briefing. There was something odd about her file. He couldn't for the life of him remember what it was. He shook his head, "Do you have any suggestions?"

It had taken Aria a moment or two to get to the medical bag because it had not been right out in the open and while she was frustrated about her efficiency, she could not be faulted for it. She had had a rather exhausting day so far and wanted more than anything for it to end so that she could find something else to do that might be more fun than what she was doing. While medicine was her niche and she found it fun and intriguing, there was just something about this Sickbay that had her tense--perhaps it was the fact that more people were upset by her presence than she had expected.

"Your medical bag," Aria said as she came to stand next to Elena.

Elena had been using the tricorder on Kalen to figure out what was going on with his back, ready to give him some painkillers and run a couple of tests. She wanted to fix the problem for good not just give him painkillers and send him on his way, but painkillers at least seemed like a good start and now she had her bag and she could do more. As she set up the scans for him she motioned for him to take his shirt off and then looked at Aria and took a deep breath.

"Thank you, Grey. Can you help him by getting his duty jacket and setting aside?" Elena asked gently.
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:48 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

It had taken Aria a moment or two to get to the medical bag because it had not been right out in the open and while she was frustrated about her efficiency, she could not be faulted for it. She had had a rather exhausting day so far and wanted more than anything for it to end so that she could find something else to do that might be more fun than what she was doing. While medicine was her niche and she found it fun and intriguing, there was just something about this Sickbay that had her tense--perhaps it was the fact that more people were upset by her presence than she had expected.

Elena had been using the tricorder on Kalen to figure out what was going on with his back, ready to give him some painkillers and run a couple of tests. She wanted to fix the problem for good not just give him painkillers and send him on his way, but painkillers at least seemed like a good start and now she had her bag and she could do more. As she set up the scans for him she motioned for him to take his shirt off and then looked at Aria and took a deep breath.

"Thank you, Grey. Can you help him by getting his duty jacket and setting aside?" Elena asked gently.

He started to take off his duty jacket and his shirt as ordered and looked up as the person Elena called had come in. A rush of feelings hit Kalen all at once as he stared at Aria. And the briefing came back to him. Liberated Borg drone. That's what he knew about her and that's why she had stuck in his mind. The Borg had destroyed the ship his parents had been on and for years he had fought with himself over his feelings about that. On the one hand he felt like running over to Aria, kissing and hugging her and thanking her for the opportunity her race had provided for him to become his own man and get out of his father's shadow. On the other hand, he wished there was something sharp he could lunge at her with. But he couldn't do that. He just sat on the biobed and seethed for a moment, wondering how to feel. It would've been easier to hate her if she looked more..well more alien. But she could have grown up next door to him for all he knew, save for the implants gifted to her by the Borg. Among other things he was sure were running through her body. Well he definitely didn't imagine this first meeting to start with him shirtless. Oh well, he shrugged. He had to be civil. That's what Lillian would want him to do. Make her feel welcome, bring her into the fold. He grit his teeth and looked back to Elena. He didn't want her to think less of him by any stretch of the imagination. So he would try to remain civil. "Good afternoon, Petty Officer Grey. It's good to finally meet you."

He looked around the room and did something he would never have done on a regular basis. He bottled his emotions and mentally put them on one of Elena's shelves. They would serve him later, perhaps when they didn't have a senior officer around. No he couldn't think like that. She was a member of the crew, and that meant that she was a member of his family. He pondered something for a moment or three. After the exam perhaps they could meet on a holodeck. He had grown familiar with hand to hand combat under the tutelage of Taylor and his marines. Perhaps that would be a good way to talk with her, vent his anger at her, fight with her to let it all out and be done with it and become friends. At least then he wouldn't want to murder her in her sleep or something just as blase. He sighed softly and refocused on the reason he came in and hopefully Elena could give him some sort of comfort.
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:17 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

He started to take off his duty jacket and his shirt as ordered and looked up as the person Elena called had come in. A rush of feelings hit Kalen all at once as he stared at Aria. And the briefing came back to him. Liberated Borg drone. That's what he knew about her and that's why she had stuck in his mind. The Borg had destroyed the ship his parents had been on and for years he had fought with himself over his feelings about that. On the one hand he felt like running over to Aria, kissing and hugging her and thanking her for the opportunity her race had provided for him to become his own man and get out of his father's shadow. On the other hand, he wished there was something sharp he could lunge at her with. But he couldn't do that. He just sat on the biobed and seethed for a moment, wondering how to feel. It would've been easier to hate her if she looked more..well more alien. But she could have grown up next door to him for all he knew, save for the implants gifted to her by the Borg. Among other things he was sure were running through her body. Well he definitely didn't imagine this first meeting to start with him shirtless. Oh well, he shrugged. He had to be civil. That's what Lillian would want him to do. Make her feel welcome, bring her into the fold. He grit his teeth and looked back to Elena. He didn't want her to think less of him by any stretch of the imagination. So he would try to remain civil. "Good afternoon, Petty Officer Grey. It's good to finally meet you."

He looked around the room and did something he would never have done on a regular basis. He bottled his emotions and mentally put them on one of Elena's shelves. They would serve him later, perhaps when they didn't have a senior officer around. No he couldn't think like that. She was a member of the crew, and that meant that she was a member of his family. He pondered something for a moment or three. After the exam perhaps they could meet on a holodeck. He had grown familiar with hand to hand combat under the tutelage of Taylor and his marines. Perhaps that would be a good way to talk with her, vent his anger at her, fight with her to let it all out and be done with it and become friends. At least then he wouldn't want to murder her in her sleep or something just as blase. He sighed softly and refocused on the reason he came in and hopefully Elena could give him some sort of comfort.

"You also seem agitated," Aria told Kalen pointedly, cocking her head to one side a little bit. "Do you too find it unnerving that I am assisting to heal? The Borg have assimilated countless species and I am more than equipped to work with medical tools and do procedures because that information is stored in my brain. I am more than adequate in this field of study."

It didn't even occur to her right in that moment that Kalen was upset that she was Borg because she was trying to focus on helping Elena to deal with his pain. After all, he had greeted her instead of telling her to leave him alone, so to her that was somewhat of a step up from other officers and it didn't make her stop to think. She merely thought that he would rather be treated by the CMO instead of by her even though she was better equipped than Elena to handle all of this.

Aria went to bring up his files. "You would feel more at ease if you thought of something calm--I was Borg, I am more than efficient."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:46 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

"You also seem agitated," Aria told Kalen pointedly, cocking her head to one side a little bit. "Do you too find it unnerving that I am assisting to heal? The Borg have assimilated countless species and I am more than equipped to work with medical tools and do procedures because that information is stored in my brain. I am more than adequate in this field of study."

It didn't even occur to her right in that moment that Kalen was upset that she was Borg because she was trying to focus on helping Elena to deal with his pain. After all, he had greeted her instead of telling her to leave him alone, so to her that was somewhat of a step up from other officers and it didn't make her stop to think. She merely thought that he would rather be treated by the CMO instead of by her even though she was better equipped than Elena to handle all of this.

Aria went to bring up his files. "You would feel more at ease if you thought of something calm--I was Borg, I am more than efficient."

He breathed deeply to calm his mind. He didn't want to upset anyone or make a scene, especially in Sickbay and especially not with Elena there. He sighed softly to himself. He couldn't let his feelings for Aria stain who he was as an officer of this ship. "No, Miss Grey. Though if perhaps at some point we could talk in private. I have some things that I need to deal with and those will require words between us. That you are a doctor does not have anything to do with it. The Borg and I have a complicated past." With that he shrugged and shook his head. "No Miss Grey unfortunately I can't think of much else at the moment. But we are civil folk and we will remain civil."

He lay down on the biobed and stared up at the ceiling, images that had gone through his head when he heard the news flashed before his eyes. A science vessel..a Borg cube..an explosion..He of course wasn't aware of the details. There were no survivors and no witnesses. But his imagination let him see it as if he was there. When she moved to look at his files, he knew what she would find in there if she looked hard enough. Perhaps then they could speak on an equal level. But his anger and his emotions were still on Elena's shelf so he couldn't access them. He felt..nothing. It was a beautiful and depressing notion at the same time. "I do not mind her help. She's a good assistant. You look like you could use one around here." He said to Elena, awaiting the return of the Borg and his prognosis. Hopefully he was still fit for duty.
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:06 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

He breathed deeply to calm his mind. He didn't want to upset anyone or make a scene, especially in Sickbay and especially not with Elena there. He sighed softly to himself. He couldn't let his feelings for Aria stain who he was as an officer of this ship. "No, Miss Grey. Though if perhaps at some point we could talk in private. I have some things that I need to deal with and those will require words between us. That you are a doctor does not have anything to do with it. The Borg and I have a complicated past." With that he shrugged and shook his head. "No Miss Grey unfortunately I can't think of much else at the moment. But we are civil folk and we will remain civil."

He lay down on the biobed and stared up at the ceiling, images that had gone through his head when he heard the news flashed before his eyes. A science vessel...a Borg cube...an explosion...He of course wasn't aware of the details. There were no survivors and no witnesses. But his imagination let him see it as if he was there. When she moved to look at his files, he knew what she would find in there if she looked hard enough. Perhaps then they could speak on an equal level. But his anger and his emotions were still on Elena's shelf so he couldn't access them. He felt...nothing. It was a beautiful and depressing notion at the same time. "I do not mind her help. She's a good assistant. You look like you could use one around here." He said to Elena, awaiting the return of the Borg and his prognosis. Hopefully he was still fit for duty.

"I believe that you should be better at adapting," Aria told Kalen as she looked over his work and went to touch his side with her human hand. "You have some muscle weakness in your lower back that's causing tension. Your stress on top of that is making the pain that much worse--possibly from a previous injury that you may have received in that spot. It is nothing that the doctor or I cannot treat."

Elena smiled a little bit and shook her head. "How you said all of that with a straight face, I can't even begin to...but yeah, we can fix you right up, Lieutenant."

"I am Borg," Aria said simply, giving a small shrug. "I am also not prone to overlooking things and I am very good at what I do. I have knowledge from species after species in my brain and Lieutenant Gespard is benefiting from that assimilated knowledge now and he should be grateful. If there is nothing else, I can either help to fix him up or I can move on to another patient. As to talking privately, Lieutenant, I will have to inquire as to what we might have to speak about as we do not know each other and I have yet to do something to offend you to the point that we require privacy."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:31 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

He lay down on the biobed and stared up at the ceiling, images that had gone through his head when he heard the news flashed before his eyes. A science vessel...a Borg cube...an explosion...He of course wasn't aware of the details. There were no survivors and no witnesses. But his imagination let him see it as if he was there. When she moved to look at his files, he knew what she would find in there if she looked hard enough. Perhaps then they could speak on an equal level. But his anger and his emotions were still on Elena's shelf so he couldn't access them. He felt...nothing. It was a beautiful and depressing notion at the same time. "I do not mind her help. She's a good assistant. You look like you could use one around here." He said to Elena, awaiting the return of the Borg and his prognosis. Hopefully he was still fit for duty.

"I believe that you should be better at adapting," Aria told Kalen as she looked over his work and went to touch his side with her human hand. "You have some muscle weakness in your lower back that's causing tension. Your stress on top of that is making the pain that much worse--possibly from a previous injury that you may have received in that spot. It is nothing that the doctor or I cannot treat."

Elena smiled a little bit and shook her head. "How you said all of that with a straight face, I can't even begin to...but yeah, we can fix you right up, Lieutenant."

"I am Borg," Aria said simply, giving a small shrug. "I am also not prone to overlooking things and I am very good at what I do. I have knowledge from species after species in my brain and Lieutenant Gespard is benefiting from that assimilated knowledge now and he should be grateful. If there is nothing else, I can either help to fix him up or I can move on to another patient. As to talking privately, Lieutenant, I will have to inquire as to what we might have to speak about as we do not know each other and I have yet to do something to offend you to the point that we require privacy."

He growled low under his breath, muttering something under his breath about better adaptations but was still trying to be civil. He listened to the Borg's prognoses and sighed softly. Well at least it was something treatable and wasn't going to cause him to miss any work. He listened to Elena and nodded, "Well let us get underway.

Oh screw it he thought. To hell with civility. "No, Miss Grey. You were Borg, and now you're a former drone. A synthetic human with nanotech running through her body. And I'm aware of how many people you assimilated. You would have done the same to my father if his ship hadn't put up so much of a fight to be an inconvenience worthy of being destroyed. A fly on the wall that buzzed just a bit too loudly to be ignored. He wasn't graced with the civility of your assimilation process." He fumed, apparently having found the emotions he hid from himself in Elena's shelves. He turned to look at her and sat up, looking into her eyes. "But as a Borg, you don't remember what that emotion feels like anymore, do you?" He reached out his hand and touched her cheek gently. "And for that, I feel pity for you. But it is good to be alive, yes? I don't mean to drive you off and I don't wish for you to leave. This probably doesn't make you nearly as uncomfortable as it does me. And I want you to stay. You're a skilled doctor and I don't mean to disrespect you in any way. But..you're so cold. Calculated. The Collective isn't something you have to use to define yourself as anymore. You're just a human girl now." He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm sorry if you think my emotions make me weak. I can't help but have them, and I wish somehow to come to an accord with you Miss Grey. That's why I wanted to speak to you personally. You're a member of this family now, and you deserve no such lesser treatment. I can't set an example to my commanders," He nodded to Elena, "My fellow crewmembers or myself if I can't dig down deep within my soul and find some empathy. And maybe I should kiss you for your people having done what they did. That single act let me forge my own destiny and made me who I am. And I'm aware that you probably weren't involved, but that doesn't change how I feel. I just..." He sighed and laid back down onto the biobed, "I just can't feel as if I should be angry or happy or sad. I feel all of these at one time, and I didn't mean to take them out on you. It's not your fault." He chuckled softly, "The trouble with humans is they feel so strongly, even when reason tells them that maybe they shouldn't." He rolled back over onto his stomach. "You can start whatever you need to do. I said what I needed to, perhaps you can take a small measure of pity on me." He looked to Elena, "I'm sorry ma'am, for causing a ruckus there for a moment. It was my fault." He let his eyelids fall, resting a bit so they could do what they needed to.
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:13 am

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

He growled low under his breath, muttering something under his breath about better adaptations but was still trying to be civil. He listened to the Borg's prognoses and sighed softly. Well at least it was something treatable and wasn't going to cause him to miss any work. He listened to Elena and nodded, "Well let us get underway.

Oh screw it he thought. To hell with civility. "No, Miss Grey. You were Borg, and now you're a former drone. A synthetic human with nanotech running through her body. And I'm aware of how many people you assimilated. You would have done the same to my father if his ship hadn't put up so much of a fight to be an inconvenience worthy of being destroyed. A fly on the wall that buzzed just a bit too loudly to be ignored. He wasn't graced with the civility of your assimilation process." He fumed, apparently having found the emotions he hid from himself in Elena's shelves. He turned to look at her and sat up, looking into her eyes. "But as a Borg, you don't remember what that emotion feels like anymore, do you?" He reached out his hand and touched her cheek gently. "And for that, I feel pity for you. But it is good to be alive, yes? I don't mean to drive you off and I don't wish for you to leave. This probably doesn't make you nearly as uncomfortable as it does me. And I want you to stay. You're a skilled doctor and I don't mean to disrespect you in any way. But..you're so cold. Calculated. The Collective isn't something you have to use to define yourself as anymore. You're just a human girl now." He shrugged his shoulders, "I'm sorry if you think my emotions make me weak. I can't help but have them, and I wish somehow to come to an accord with you Miss Grey. That's why I wanted to speak to you personally. You're a member of this family now, and you deserve no such lesser treatment. I can't set an example to my commanders," He nodded to Elena, "My fellow crewmembers or myself if I can't dig down deep within my soul and find some empathy. And maybe I should kiss you for your people having done what they did. That single act let me forge my own destiny and made me who I am. And I'm aware that you probably weren't involved, but that doesn't change how I feel. I just..." He sighed and laid back down onto the biobed, "I just can't feel as if I should be angry or happy or sad. I feel all of these at one time, and I didn't mean to take them out on you. It's not your fault." He chuckled softly, "The trouble with humans is they feel so strongly, even when reason tells them that maybe they shouldn't." He rolled back over onto his stomach. "You can start whatever you need to do. I said what I needed to, perhaps you can take a small measure of pity on me." He looked to Elena, "I'm sorry ma'am, for causing a ruckus there for a moment. It was my fault." He let his eyelids fall, resting a bit so they could do what they needed to.

"You speak of the Borg as if they are a part of my past like I have left them behind, but that is not the case," Aria began, Elena getting a look on her face.

She had a feeling that whatever was going on here was something that Aria and Kalen needed to figure out for herself, but she set about fixing Kalen's back for him as Aria seemed to continue. Aria was not showing enough emotion for it to look like she was angry or happy or displeased, but she had been adjusting to trying to be human for long enough that her eyes betrayed her. At this point in time, Aria didn't know the exact emotion that she was feeling, but she knew that emotions were swirling around inside of her. What Kalen had said had really gotten to her and she wanted him to understand her part of it all because as much as she wanted to get along with everyone, she knew she could not make everyone happy.

"I am Borg," Aria told him with a straight face. "I calculate each decision before I make it, I think for the Collective of this crew before I think of myself, and I believe that emotions should be reined in--not forgotten, but controlled. It does not matter how many years I have been separated from the Collective...it does not matter how long it has been since I have heard so many voices and thoughts acting and speaking as one...they will always be a part of me and I a part of them. Humans do not seem to be able to comprehend this fact and while I am human, I am not human. I cannot function completely as humans can--I cannot sleep, I have to use a regeneration alcove to continue to function properly, I would die without my nanoprobes and the implants I have left and while humans suffer from the common cold and infection, I am always healthy. Humans are the ones that came up with the labels 'ex-Borg' and 'former drone' to categorize those few of us that have been separated from the Hive Mind and regained a state of individuality, but once you have been Borg, you are Borg. We will never fit back in with the races we were assimilated from and yet there is always an option to rejoin the Collective. You misunderstand me when you assume I do not know who and what I am, Lieutenant. I feel remorse for your loss as my parents were assimilated, but if it sets your mind at ease, being part of the Collective is not entirely a terrible situation."

With that off of her chest, Aria began to help Elena, who was not touching this conversation with a 39 and a half foot pole...
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:39 am

|USS Fenris
||Sickbay

"You speak of the Borg as if they are a part of my past like I have left them behind, but that is not the case," Aria began, Elena getting a look on her face.

She had a feeling that whatever was going on here was something that Aria and Kalen needed to figure out for herself, but she set about fixing Kalen's back for him as Aria seemed to continue. Aria was not showing enough emotion for it to look like she was angry or happy or displeased, but she had been adjusting to trying to be human for long enough that her eyes betrayed her. At this point in time, Aria didn't know the exact emotion that she was feeling, but she knew that emotions were swirling around inside of her. What Kalen had said had really gotten to her and she wanted him to understand her part of it all because as much as she wanted to get along with everyone, she knew she could not make everyone happy.

"I am Borg," Aria told him with a straight face. "I calculate each decision before I make it, I think for the Collective of this crew before I think of myself, and I believe that emotions should be reined in--not forgotten, but controlled. It does not matter how many years I have been separated from the Collective...it does not matter how long it has been since I have heard so many voices and thoughts acting and speaking as one...they will always be a part of me and I a part of them. Humans do not seem to be able to comprehend this fact and while I am human, I am not human. I cannot function completely as humans can--I cannot sleep, I have to use a regeneration alcove to continue to function properly, I would die without my nanoprobes and the implants I have left and while humans suffer from the common cold and infection, I am always healthy. Humans are the ones that came up with the labels 'ex-Borg' and 'former drone' to categorize those few of us that have been separated from the Hive Mind and regained a state of individuality, but once you have been Borg, you are Borg. We will never fit back in with the races we were assimilated from and yet there is always an option to rejoin the Collective. You misunderstand me when you assume I do not know who and what I am, Lieutenant. I feel remorse for your loss as my parents were assimilated, but if it sets your mind at ease, being part of the Collective is not entirely a terrible situation."

With that off of her chest, Aria began to help Elena, who was not touching this conversation with a 39 and a half foot pole...

He thought about what she said for a moment, laying still on his stomach. It stuck in his craw like a bad aftertaste. But for the life of him he couldn't fault her for her points. Though one thing was evident, he couldn't think of her as a girl, not in the traditional sense. She was more machine now, than man((twisted and evil *cough*)) but that didn't mean she didn't deserve to be part of this family. When he came to that realization all the stress pooled out of him and he felt at peace. He smiled and nodded, "I understand. But Miss Grey, being a Borg while meaning you're not human doesn't take away your humanity. It will be lovely to get to know you as one of our family." He pondered for a moment, "And don't discredit yourself. Just because there is something different about you doesn't mean that you can't rejoin the society and people you were assimilated from. For those people who are unwilling to accept who you are for you, well you can certainly send them my way. I don't want you to feel as though you are not at home. I just..wanted you to understand that my volatile emotions were not unfounded and I needed to talk to you about them. To get them out of me so I could understand you as a person, as a woman with her own humanity, not as some unknown entity of the Borg." He would have shrugged but he didn't want to move, thinking about her last statement. "I don't know that one could call it necessarily a pleasant situation either to be assimilated. To become an automaton, driven by the will of the Collective. I mean, that is how it works isn't it? You don't, as a drone, get to say, throw in your own opinion about the needs of the Collective, am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
Aria Grey

Aria Grey

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 pm

||USS Fenris
||Sickbay

He thought about what she said for a moment, laying still on his stomach. It stuck in his craw like a bad aftertaste. But for the life of him he couldn't fault her for her points. Though one thing was evident, he couldn't think of her as a girl, not in the traditional sense. She was more machine now, than man((twisted and evil *cough*)) but that didn't mean she didn't deserve to be part of this family. When he came to that realization all the stress pooled out of him and he felt at peace. He smiled and nodded, "I understand. But Miss Grey, being a Borg while meaning you're not human doesn't take away your humanity. It will be lovely to get to know you as one of our family." He pondered for a moment, "And don't discredit yourself. Just because there is something different about you doesn't mean that you can't rejoin the society and people you were assimilated from. For those people who are unwilling to accept who you are for you, well you can certainly send them my way. I don't want you to feel as though you are not at home. I just..wanted you to understand that my volatile emotions were not unfounded and I needed to talk to you about them. To get them out of me so I could understand you as a person, as a woman with her own humanity, not as some unknown entity of the Borg." He would have shrugged but he didn't want to move, thinking about her last statement. "I don't know that one could call it necessarily a pleasant situation either to be assimilated. To become an automaton, driven by the will of the Collective. I mean, that is how it works isn't it? You don't, as a drone, get to say, throw in your own opinion about the needs of the Collective, am I correct?"

"I am pleased you thought to talk it out," Aria admitted, thinking over his words. "On the outside it does not appear to be pleasant and I admit that I would not want to return after I have experienced life this way, however, being part of the Collective you do not think such things. You are part of a hive--a family--and you are happy to serve. You protect and fix and work with the other drones, and you share thoughts...you are many voices thinking and acting as one. It is physically painful at first and painful to be severed, but it is not, to the drones, a miserable situation to blindly follow. It is not about the individuals, it is about the whole."

She knew that it hadn't been what he wanted to hear, but it was the truth and the best that Aria could do for him, so it would have to do. For a moment she worked away on his back with Elena, before Elena found herself contributing to the conversation, mostly to remind them that she was there. Also, she was curious, and her curiosity always won out in the end.

"Have there ever been a drone that came to be assimilated by choice?" Elena asked her. "Joined Trills...I am Tam and I have been in many a Trill before, but they volunteer. Elena--this body--she chose to join with me and it was what we both wanted...to become one."

Aria thought on it a moment. "There are some, but not many."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalen/Aria Introducitions   Kalen/Aria Introducitions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kalen/Aria Introducitions
Page 1 of 1