USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vulnians-A Factbook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

Vulnians-A Factbook Empty
PostSubject: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 am

Decided to rename Dariak's people since Vulpine is to do with foxes. Razz

General Overview

"Hempas Paux L'Roia!" (Blood for the Crown!)
Motto of the Royal Vulpine Guardsmen Corps

The Vulnians are a 89,000,000,000 strong socio-complex race that take great stock in honesty, warrior spirit as well as aesthetic and spiritual beauty. Originating from Ishkur in the Tau Sar System they have expanded to nine worlds and several dozen planetoids. Their Empire was built by terraforming worlds to suit their needs rather than conquering other species. Despite this peaceful expansion method the Vulnian people are no stranger to conflict. For millennia they have fended off enemies in constant siege warfare. This constant state of warfare has left a rather negative view towards aliens.

Thanks to their somewhat constant siege the military plays a massive part in Vulnian society. Members of the armed forces are seen as the ever present protectors of the Empire and its citizens. Both soldiers and civilians are fiercely patriotic towards their home star-nation and reigning monarch. To insult either within earshot of a Vulnian is to invite direct confrontation. As an absolute monarchy the head of the Royal Family is the leader of the Empire. The heir to the throne, unlike Earth monarchies of old, isn't the eldest male but who the previous ruler thought would be the best choice. At the Royal Court there are advisers to the current monarch on issues on military matters, economy, trade and society. Because of replication technology there is no social line between rich and poor resulting in a lack of economic caste or class divisions. As a result of this and the progressive policies anyone who is a Vulnian national may marry the monarch, however this wouldn't make this person king/queen but rather a Consort as they originally had no royal ties.

In Vulnian society it is considered polite to be blunt and direct when it comes to opinions. The idea of holding back words to spare someone's feelings is considered a grave insult. Respect is another major part of the culture, more specifically; mutual respect. Within a home a host is expected to treat the same courtesy to a guest as a guest would to a host. One way to gain a Vulnian's respect is strength; physical, intellectual or political as they admire the possession of any form of strength. However should you use this strength against someone unwilling or unable to defend themselves you will earn nothing more than scorn.

Anatomy

Due to similar paths of evolution the Vulnian look and have almost the same anatomy as the human beings of Earth with some distinct internal difference. In terms of Earth complexion they appear to be Mediterranean in terms of skin pigmentation while hair, eye colour, height and build can variety due to their genetic diversity.

Humanoid in build and evolution their bodies have some differences when compared with humans. While still only having one brain located inside the skull they have redundancies for other organs. Examples include two hearts, three lungs, three kidneys and two livers. Their natural regeneration rate is also much quicker but it still isn't instantaneous. Their lungs function in primarily oxygen-nitrogen atmospheres but there hardy bodies have been known to be able to accept other gas compounds. For example a Vulnian would have no problem breathing the atmosphere of Venus or Jupiter as long as their is a constant supply of air. However this would prove a moot point as the conditions of both aforementioned planets would instantly kill said Vulnian. They are adaptive, not invulnerable. Also when breathing different gases it can cause anything from discomfort to sheer debilitating pain.

The redundancy of their organs allows them to continue functioning when injured making them hardy in combat and trauma situations. Their skeletal structure is somewhat denser making breakages less likely and also increasing their overall bodily weight. Naturally their immune system, muscle structure to their senses require vitamins taken in from consuming vitamin and mineral rich food for healthy upkeep though with the introduction of genetics this has become less of a requirement.

Vulnian are mammals and reproduce as such with the coupling of a male and female to produce offspring. Because of the increase in the amount of organs and bone density compared to humans it takes 13 months for a child to fully develop inside the womb. After that natural life span and growth is proportional to that of humans with sexual maturity beginning as early as eleven and ending at sixteen, seventeen or even as far as eighteen years old with structural growth being fully complete at their twenties.

Genetic Enhancements

With the introduction of genetic enhancements have improved quality of life for the Vulnian as well as offered a military advantage. Against invasions a mixture of powerful ships, tactical geniuses and loyal soldiers combined with a genetic edge ground their enemies' drive to a halt. Their enhancements include increased strength, stamina and intelligence but also give them an advantage in more subtle ways. Vulnian can live without water and food for months unless subjected to extreme temperature conditions where increased intake is required to survive. Cold and hot environments have little effect on their comfort or effectiveness unless at an extreme scale. It is said that a Vulnian could run in shorts in Antarctica and still feel comfortably warm. Disease is no longer an issue and all but the most toxic of poisons have no effect. The enhancements however must be given before sexual maturity starts so they can adapt to the chemical changes within the body. Aging is slowed allowing Vulnian to live into well eight centuries and still remain fit and active.

It is however not all good news, as a result of chemical imbalance most are prone to fits of hyper-aggression which against Non-Vulnian can result in lethal consequences. Also every single member of the race goes through at least once something called "Genetic Mutation" which results in every single organ failing. It is treatable, but the treatment usually results in the loss of 1 in 5. A small price to pay for their gifts, or so they claim.

The more their strength and speed enhancements are used the more strain put on the body. When a Vulnian hits harder and runs faster he or she can risk fatal exhaustion if not given rest. In high temperatures heat stroke is another common risk as body temperature increases dramatically.

Planets of the Empire

Omega Sagitta System

Tonyarr
Veles
Vulnia Prime
Traxis

Tau Sar System

Kvasir
Iahamu
Chadeem
Ishkur

Unai System
Yaidaari
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 am

The Typical Vulnian

Physical Profile

The Vulnian species are comprised of a population that has a human-like appearance, sharing varied skin tones, eye and hair colour as well as other physical attributes. Average height is centred around eight to ten feet while average weight is around three hundred to five hundred pounds due to dense skeletal and muscle structures. Tattoos denoting planet of birth and military unit are also predominant amongst Vulnians

Cultural Persona

While personalities obviously vary from Vulnian to Vulnian much like humans the overall cultural persona of the Vulnians is one of pride, loyalty and moral integrity. They are extremely proud of both their star-nation and planet of birth to the point of often being aggressive to those that dare to slight either. It is not uncommon for soldiers and sailors to have an extremely strong esprit de corps where they will fight and die in the name of their comrades.

To a Vulnian friendships and relationships are one of the most important thing in their lives. Whoever gains a Vulnian as a friend will often have one till the very end. Even if given the choice between forsaking a friend to live or remaining by their side and dying they will always pick the latter unless there are extreme circumstances.

Morals within the Vulnian Empire are somewhat based on intellectual and emotional studies rather on pure emotion. For example Vulnians would applaud Nazi Germany's military, technological and sociological advancements but find the genocide war crimes of the Third Reich to be in bad taste to say the least. Race-wide Vulnians are extremely against genocide and slavery amongst other morally ambiguous policies.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 am

Language

The Vulnian language is comparable to a bastardised version of Latin and its derivatives (French, Spanish and Italian etc) with some pronouns sounding akin to French. Some words are, the few, completely alien. This is not a complete dictionary but a list that will grow as missions are played.

Greetings/Partings/Basics

Hello (formal)-Bena Deu (lit. good day)
Good evening-Bena Nau
Hello (informal)-Chasa

Goodbye-Adria
Till next time-Hach pos tempi

How are you?-Cenvi Ti?
I am well-Mi bena
I am tired-Mi Fatiga

Thank you-Grata
You are welcome-Ti banicha

Personal Information/Family

My name is Dariak-Mil nomba ca Dariak
I am 652 years old-Ji posa 652 annui
I live on Iskur-Ji habita dan Iskur

Father-Pera
Mother-Mera
Brother-Freri
Sister-Sreri

Locations

Town Centre-Ville Centi
Market-Marchani
Hospital-Medica
Civil Protection Station-Guardi Civis Centi
School-Tuturi
Space Station-Celesta Centi

Barracks/Base-Arma Centa
Gun Battery-Fulsi Battera

Bridge-Centi de Guerra Informati
Sickbay-Medica
Science Lab-Sciena Labatora
Naval Guardsman Barracks-Centi de Merti Soldani
Fighter Bay- Attora Storti (lit. Fighter Storage)
Engineering-Mechini
Brig-Confimenta
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 am

Vulnian Philosohy and Belief

The Way of the Warrior

"The Klingons wish to take this world from us, but they will have to fight inch by bloody inch! Long after the snow is stained purple where we once stood the barbarians will know fear and humility! The Monarch as asked we give our lives and we shall gladly give them. I only hope that the deities of the Klingons show them mercy for their transgressions for we shall show none!"

~Lance Lieutenant Dariak Sondag steadies the first naval guardsmen troops to encounter the Klingons during the 19th Klingon War on the planet of Traxis.

It is no secret that Vulnians have no religion whatsoever. No deities, gods or dogma to follow or churches or temples to attend and pray at on a regular basis. Most see this is a cause for loose morals and expect the streets of Vulnian cities to be awash with blood as the inhabitants run riot in violent orgies. That could not be further from the truth and is, in the view of Vulnians themselves, is a product of undisciplined aliens unable to come to terms with their baser instincts and imperfections. Where religious followers may persecute those who stray from the allotted path of rules and regulations, Vulnians would teach with patience. Instead Vulnians do not seek perfection, they seek improvement. Perfection is an unattainable goal as every action is, by definition, imperfect. As such their code of morals are rather flexible apart from four which are non-negotiable and are little more than what society expects of people.

An interesting fact is that their code, The Way of the Warrior, is a following from their ancient religions which followed two gods. The god of Death and the god of War. While the obvious religious hocus-pocus of prayer and obedience to status and invisible gods the fundamental truths of each of these gods represented. For instance the two parts of the Way is simple; death comes to all, none can escape it and war is the way of living. Death amongst Vulnians as seen as nothing more than the end of life which comes to all. Even with their enhanced longevity of living well into eight or even nine centuries their bodies succumb to death. For this reason Vulnian troops, if given the choice between surrender or fighting to the death, will always opt for the latter as they know either this battle or a future battle will be the death of them. There is no escape and all surrender will do is offer the enemy the chance to end you without you being able to return the chance.

War is the second point of focus for the Way. Vulnians are no stranger to war and see themselves as a warrior and war-like people. While not inherently aggressive once stirred up the people of the Vulnian Empire can make life for an attacking force very difficult. Every citizen from teachers, doctors and scientists possess genetic enhancements and martial prowess in ranged and close combat. While recreational activities are common amongst the people of the Empire, most spend their time honing their combat skills at sparring gyms and firing ranges. Like death, war is an inevitable part of life and Vulnians prefer to be ready for it when the time arrives. Citizens may go their whole lives without having to defend their homes from attacking enemy forces but there is a more deeper, mental aspect to their training and practises.

As well as making sure they possess the ability to fight an enemy Vulnains ensure that they are keeping their well disciplined minds in check. Their mental discipline didn't happen over night, instead it was forged through the practise of meditation where a Vulnian centres his or herself in a single moment. The past and future become merged into the present allowing them to reflect on their achievements and goals. This doesn't mean that they are able to foresee the future. No Vulnian possesses such a skill, yet. Instead they try to gauge how long it will take to attain a certain achievement and plot how they hope to do so.

To keep themselves fit and healthy in both body and mind Vulnians follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly and meditate often to retain their physical and mental balance. Their enhancements, though powerful, are not often relied upon by their Vulnian users for fear of being seen as a crutch than a tool making Vulnians rely on their own efforts to keep themselves in good health. Sparring is seen as a national sport and contestants use the Vulnian marital art Hakil, similar in style and functionality to the Israeli krav maga.

Of course these habits would be nothing without some form of code to adhere to. Of course not as numerous as expected. These are simple and easy to follow and those who do stray are not punished by a religious authority or perceived to have 'sinned' in anyway. They are not intertwined with civil laws making sure that those who do break the 'rules' can atone in their own way. When someone does stray from the code their solution is to simply to try harder.

The code is summarised in four tenants.

1) Be Honest in all things but warfare-Honesty to the point of tactlessness is something that the Vulnians display on a daily basis and are expected to remain honest in all things. Do not remain honest in times of war with the enemy where ruses are expected and present.

2)Be benevolent in all things-Charity and kindness are a key part of the Way. To help those down on their luck and to be mindful of the misfortune of others and seek a way to help if possible.

3)Be respectful to your peers and in turn gain their respect-In order to be treated seriously Vulnians know to remain respectful to their friends, superiors and peers. Acting out only serves to punctuate ones immaturity and lack of self control.

4)Be wise, be calm-Warriors are expected to think during a battle, to plan tactics while a war rages around them. They are also expected to think with the same clarity in all aspects of life in diplomacy, their career and other aspects of life
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 am

Now I have to go edit all my posts where I name his people...thanks a lot, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Bleh bleh bleh. Being Taylor was fun but after watching a lot of Strike Back I want to bring Sam McInnis over...besides Taylor deserves a bit of a restful deployment after all the shenanigans he's been put under. I blame Lars.

To me it makes sense. Sam is a junior officer, not exactly lacking experience but not chock full of it either. His physical, personality and historic details could use a bit more work but it's a solid character in my bias opinion. Also I've not really decided if the Vulnians are an allied species, hostile or member species of the Federation. Strike Back has also inspired me with bad-guy playings. I might be able to rival Lars' writer!

Consider Dariak, Nayla and Taylor inactive characters gone their separate ways with commiserations for whatever purpose and I'll give you a character. Either Sam or a Vulnian.
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 am

Sergeni Kostev wrote:
Bleh bleh bleh. Being Taylor was fun but after watching a lot of Strike Back I want to bring Sam McInnis over...besides Taylor deserves a bit of a restful deployment after all the shenanigans he's been put under. I blame Lars.

To me it makes sense. Sam is a junior officer, not exactly lacking experience but not chock full of it either. His physical, personality and historic details could use a bit more work but it's a solid character in my bias opinion. Also I've not really decided if the Vulnians are an allied species, hostile or member species of the Federation. Strike Back has also inspired me with bad-guy playings. I might be able to rival Lars' writer!

Hah! I'll believe that when I see it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Lars Janssen wrote:
Sergeni Kostev wrote:

Hah! I'll believe that when I see it Laughing

Join me! And we can rule the Galaxy as Scotsman and Texan!
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 am

How'd you know I was Scottish? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 am

Lars Janssen wrote:
How'd you know I was Scottish? Razz

The liver failure gave it away. According to this site you are no longer Texan, you are now Chinese.

Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 am

Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 am

Lars Janssen wrote:
Oh how the mighty have fallen...

I'm following the google Earth thing on this site. You Maoist!
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:35 am

Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

I guess you're starting to learn that lesson too. So when do you want to be awakened late one night by a man with no face? Cool
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am

Lars Janssen wrote:
Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

I guess you're starting to learn that lesson too. So when do you want to be awakened late one night by a man with no face? Cool

You will not Slenderman me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vulnians-A Factbook   Vulnians-A Factbook I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vulnians-A Factbook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Ship Information :: About Fenris-
Jump to: