HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:49 pm

||USS Fenris
||Lillian's and Taylor's Quarters
||April 11, 2388

Lillian had invited Taylor's parents and grandfather to breakfast at 0800 in hers and Taylor's quarters and out of sheer nervousness had gotten two hours of sleep and that was it. Megan was already up and out because the tension was too much for her to handle and now Sareth was up and dressed and cleaning up the living area, knowing his mother wanted it spotless. She wanted to make a good impression and yet she hadn't made breakfast yet because she didn't know what they would want, so she called out to Taylor in desperation after taking a large gulp of her coffee she'd replicated earlier--cup three, and should have been her cut off a cup ago because coffee and stress and pregnancy didn't go so well together.

"Taylor!" Lillian called to him as he got dressed. "What will they eat? I have no idea what to make, I keep changing my mind!"

View user profile http://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 pm

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

Lillian had invited Taylor's parents and grandfather to breakfast at 0800 in hers and Taylor's quarters and out of sheer nervousness had gotten two hours of sleep and that was it. Megan was already up and out because the tension was too much for her to handle and now Sareth was up and dressed and cleaning up the living area, knowing his mother wanted it spotless. She wanted to make a good impression and yet she hadn't made breakfast yet because she didn't know what they would want, so she called out to Taylor in desperation after taking a large gulp of her coffee she'd replicated earlier--cup three, and should have been her cut off a cup ago because coffee and stress and pregnancy didn't go so well together.

"Taylor!" Lillian called to him as he got dressed. "What will they eat? I have no idea what to make, I keep changing my mind!"

"They're Jocks! They'll eat anything!" he called back as he put on his dress uniform. Oh he was in a foul mood with this whole breakfast with the family he hadn't seen in two decades. Taylor put on his whites and had his sabre in hand before leaving the bedroom and kissing his wife-to-be on the cheek before slumping down at the table in a heap. "My god...why...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:53 am

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"They're Jocks! They'll eat anything!" he called back as he put on his dress uniform. Oh he was in a foul mood with this whole breakfast with the family he hadn't seen in two decades. Taylor put on his whites and had his sabre in hand before leaving the bedroom and kissing his wife-to-be on the cheek before slumping down at the table in a heap. "My god...why...."

"You're a day early with the dress whites," Lillian told him as she kissed him tenderly. "We get married in 33 hours, Baby."

For a moment she just wanted to kiss Taylor though, try to make him relax because he was obviously stressed out and she was stressed out too. So, to make a crappy moment a better one, she kissed Taylor deeply as Sareth went to wash his hands to help with the cooking, taking his hand and resting it on her stomach to try and make up for things. This wasn't easy for him and he was upset and he was jumpy and Lillian wanted to make it all better, but knew that she couldn't.

"Even though I did this...you still love me, right?" Lillian asked him. "I mean at least your grandfather is coming, right? You like him, don't you?"

Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"You're a day early with the dress whites," Lillian told him as she kissed him tenderly. "We get married in 33 hours, Baby."

For a moment she just wanted to kiss Taylor though, try to make him relax because he was obviously stressed out and she was stressed out too. So, to make a crappy moment a better one, she kissed Taylor deeply as Sareth went to wash his hands to help with the cooking, taking his hand and resting it on her stomach to try and make up for things. This wasn't easy for him and he was upset and he was jumpy and Lillian wanted to make it all better, but knew that she couldn't.

"Even though I did this...you still love me, right?" Lillian asked him. "I mean at least your grandfather is coming, right? You like him, don't you?"

"I know." he says with a sigh as he poured himself a cup of coffee and put several spoonfuls of sugar into the noir liquid before taking a sip. His mind was just overflooded with dread and apprehension. Give him a land-based firefight any day, at least he could handle them. "As for the whites...well...I wanted to make an impression. Not sure what kind but some form of impression." Sure she was trying to cheer him up and keep him calm but his face seemed to pale. "I do still love you but...really?" he asked her, looking into those black irises with worry. He probably stunk of it to her.

When the door rang Taylor's head hit the table. Repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"I know." he says with a sigh as he poured himself a cup of coffee and put several spoonfuls of sugar into the noir liquid before taking a sip. His mind was just overflooded with dread and apprehension. Give him a land-based firefight any day, at least he could handle them. "As for the whites...well...I wanted to make an impression. Not sure what kind but some form of impression." Sure she was trying to cheer him up and keep him calm but his face seemed to pale. "I do still love you but...really?" he asked her, looking into those black irises with worry. He probably stunk of it to her.

"Fuck, they're early," Lillian said hurriedly rushing back over into the kitchen area to work on food. "What did you mean that they were 'Jocks'? I don't understand that. Sareth! Get the door please!" Lillian looked back to Taylor and took a deep breath. "I'm not happy with them for what they did to you all those years ago, but I just...we're getting married tomorrow, Taylor. I need to meet your parents--Hell, maybe I can fix something. I'm right by your side the whole time, I just want their approval, as strange as that sounds and I want to prove to them that I'm good enough for you and that they don't have to worry, you've got me. Maybe that's selfish of me...I can make it up to you later. Sareth..."

Sareth nodded as he came back into the room and then he went to the door, straightening out his outfit and opening up the door to his soon to be grandparents and great-grandfather. He smiled at them and motioned for them to come in, nicely dressed up, his mother too, her hair curled and a dress on, but she was barefoot because it was more comfortable with her belly. She smiled at them as she whipped together some waffle batter, Sareth being a perfect gentleman and inviting them in to take a seat before looking to Taylor to figure out what to do next.

Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 am

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"Fuck, they're early," Lillian said hurriedly rushing back over into the kitchen area to work on food. "What did you mean that they were 'Jocks'? I don't understand that. Sareth! Get the door please!" Lillian looked back to Taylor and took a deep breath. "I'm not happy with them for what they did to you all those years ago, but I just...we're getting married tomorrow, Taylor. I need to meet your parents--Hell, maybe I can fix something. I'm right by your side the whole time, I just want their approval, as strange as that sounds and I want to prove to them that I'm good enough for you and that they don't have to worry, you've got me. Maybe that's selfish of me...I can make it up to you later. Sareth..."

Sareth nodded as he came back into the room and then he went to the door, straightening out his outfit and opening up the door to his soon to be grandparents and great-grandfather. He smiled at them and motioned for them to come in, nicely dressed up, his mother too, her hair curled and a dress on, but she was barefoot because it was more comfortable with her belly. She smiled at them as she whipped together some waffle batter, Sareth being a perfect gentleman and inviting them in to take a seat before looking to Taylor to figure out what to do next.

"Mean's they're Scottish...Jock, Scot?" said Taylor trying to inform her the slang used within the British territories. It wasn't long before the door was opened and the same jovial elderly man came hobbling through. "Well hello there little master!" he boomed to Sareth with a smile before making his way to Lillian. "And you must be the love, the affiance, the jewel in Taylor's eye. I am Sashenka Lucas and it is a pleasure." With little word in the matter he pulled Lillian into an embrace before letting her go.

The two Lucas parents stared at the man in the white uniform, unbelieving it was their son. Even Sashenka paused to look at the tense moment as Taylor stared at his parents who simply stared back. No one seemed to want to say a thing until Taylor broke the silence.

"Meet Gary and Mary Lucas...my parents."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 am

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"Mean's they're Scottish...Jock, Scot?" said Taylor trying to inform her the slang used within the British territories. It wasn't long before the door was opened and the same jovial elderly man came hobbling through. "Well hello there little master!" he boomed to Sareth with a smile before making his way to Lillian. "And you must be the love, the affiance, the jewel in Taylor's eye. I am Sashenka Lucas and it is a pleasure." With little word in the matter he pulled Lillian into an embrace before letting her go.

The two Lucas parents stared at the man in the white uniform, unbelieving it was their son. Even Sashenka paused to look at the tense moment as Taylor stared at his parents who simply stared back. No one seemed to want to say a thing until Taylor broke the silence.

Lillian laughed and hugged Sashenka back and nodded at him, making her way over toward the company as Sareth began to retreat. He was very friendly, like his mother, but he could feel the tension in the room and retreated to Taylor, holding onto his legs the way he did with his mother. Lillian gave everyone a once-over before holding out her hand to Mary and Gareth with a smile on her face, wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.

"Lillian Crae, though tomorrow I suppose the last name will change," she said happily glancing over at Sareth. "That is my son, Sareth, who is less shy than he appears. Welcome to the Fenris and to our place here--Taylor and Sareth painted a lot of what is hung about, but so did some of my favorite artists. I hope you like waffles and sausage...can I get you anything to drink?"

One hand was rested on her six month pregnant belly, the baby kicking a little bit but Lillian wanted to focus on her inlaws at the moment and make everyone feel more comfortable.

Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:04 am

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

Lillian laughed and hugged Sashenka back and nodded at him, making her way over toward the company as Sareth began to retreat. He was very friendly, like his mother, but he could feel the tension in the room and retreated to Taylor, holding onto his legs the way he did with his mother. Lillian gave everyone a once-over before holding out her hand to Mary and Gareth with a smile on her face, wanting this to go as smoothly as possible.

"Lillian Crae, though tomorrow I suppose the last name will change," she said happily glancing over at Sareth. "That is my son, Sareth, who is less shy than he appears. Welcome to the Fenris and to our place here--Taylor and Sareth painted a lot of what is hung about, but so did some of my favorite artists. I hope you like waffles and sausage...can I get you anything to drink?"

One hand was rested on her six month pregnant belly, the baby kicking a little bit but Lillian wanted to focus on her inlaws at the moment and make everyone feel more comfortable.

"A pleasure." said Gareth with the properness that befitted his family. "A nice cup of coffee would be nice indeed." added the man.

"Some coffee too please, dear." chirped in Mary with a beaming smile.

"Oh, make it a third one my dear!" boomed Sashenka.

The three Lucas' sat down at the table and began to look around the room as if inspecting it. Sometimes Gareth would look at his son in his dress uniform and shake his head as if it was some sickening sight. How could his son be so proud in that uniform? "So I hear you're a doctor. That is a career choice I can respect. Good honest work in the best interest of others."

Taylor knew what he was doing and saying so he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "So, I trust the trip was fine?" he asked no one in particular.

"Oh it was magical! Magical!" replied Sashenka. "The Craes were a wonderful bunch. And here you are looking so smart...lieutenant colonel indeed and with a small one on the way!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 pm

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"A pleasure." said Gareth with the properness that befitted his family. "A nice cup of coffee would be nice indeed." added the man.

"Coming right up," Lillian said jovially, turning to Sareth and holding out her hand to him. "Come on, Buddy."

Sareth nodded and went with his mother to help her to get some things done, serving the coffee while Lillian cooked and listened to the conversation. Right now her goal was to make everyone family and friends again, but she had a feeling that was much easier said than done and didn't know what to do about it. Either way, she was ready to get this started and hoped that nothing got too out of hand because she'd be siding with Taylor...then again, that wasn't a bad thing at all.

The three Lucas' sat down at the table and began to look around the room as if inspecting it. Sometimes Gareth would look at his son in his dress uniform and shake his head as if it was some sickening sight. How could his son be so proud in that uniform? "So I hear you're a doctor. That is a career choice I can respect. Good honest work in the best interest of others."

Taylor knew what he was doing and saying so he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "So, I trust the trip was fine?" he asked no one in particular.

"Oh it was magical! Magical!" replied Sashenka. "The Craes were a wonderful bunch. And here you are looking so smart...lieutenant colonel indeed and with a small one on the way!"

"Daddy is very smart," Sareth agreed nodding, hugging Taylor's leg. "He teaches me a lot about a lot of things."

Lillian smiled at Sareth and then looked at Gareth and nodded slowly. "Right now I'm a captain of a star ship, but I don't think that you ever forget being a doctor and I certainly don't stop being one just because I run a ship. In fact when Taylor and I finally settle down, I'm planning on going back to working in a hospital. My parents would like that and since you met them, you probably know that family is number 1 on their list. They'd love to have us close to them. Right now though, Taylor and I have a duty to Starfleet and we're going to see it through, even with this little one on the way."

She smiled and pat her stomach before moving to serve the food, Sareth moving to sit next to Sashenka, feeling like he was the friendliest one. Right now he was supposed to be trying like his mother had told him and he wanted to get to know him, he could just feel the atmosphere of the room and he didn't know what to say next. So instead, he let his mother take it from there, smiling at her and working in on the sausage because meat and sweets were the best part of any breakfast.

"We've gotten through everything that's been thrown at us," Lillian said happily, taking Taylor's hand in hers and kissing it affectionately. "I'm certain we'll get through whatever else is thrown our way."

Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"Coming right up," Lillian said jovially, turning to Sareth and holding out her hand to him. "Come on, Buddy."

Sareth nodded and went with his mother to help her to get some things done, serving the coffee while Lillian cooked and listened to the conversation. Right now her goal was to make everyone family and friends again, but she had a feeling that was much easier said than done and didn't know what to do about it. Either way, she was ready to get this started and hoped that nothing got too out of hand because she'd be siding with Taylor...then again, that wasn't a bad thing at all.

"Daddy is very smart," Sareth agreed nodding, hugging Taylor's leg. "He teaches me a lot about a lot of things."

Lillian smiled at Sareth and then looked at Gareth and nodded slowly. "Right now I'm a captain of a star ship, but I don't think that you ever forget being a doctor and I certainly don't stop being one just because I run a ship. In fact when Taylor and I finally settle down, I'm planning on going back to working in a hospital. My parents would like that and since you met them, you probably know that family is number 1 on their list. They'd love to have us close to them. Right now though, Taylor and I have a duty to Starfleet and we're going to see it through, even with this little one on the way."

She smiled and pat her stomach before moving to serve the food, Sareth moving to sit next to Sashenka, feeling like he was the friendliest one. Right now he was supposed to be trying like his mother had told him and he wanted to get to know him, he could just feel the atmosphere of the room and he didn't know what to say next. So instead, he let his mother take it from there, smiling at her and working in on the sausage because meat and sweets were the best part of any breakfast.

"We've gotten through everything that's been thrown at us," Lillian said happily, taking Taylor's hand in hers and kissing it affectionately. "I'm certain we'll get through whatever else is thrown our way."

"Yes well, at least you have a good career choice." mumbled Gareth who ignored Sareth's defensive of Taylor. The marine simply ate quietly and in a dark mood while everyone conversed. He looked at Lillian before kissing her stomach, trying to show his father that he hadn't become some mindless killing machine. It didn't work.

"So what are your retirement plans? Mmm?" asked the father to the son.

Taylor shrugged. "Become a law enforcement officer while she works in the hospital? Betazed Self-Defence Force officer?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 am

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"Yes well, at least you have a good career choice." mumbled Gareth who ignored Sareth's defensive of Taylor. The marine simply ate quietly and in a dark mood while everyone conversed. He looked at Lillian before kissing her stomach, trying to show his father that he hadn't become some mindless killing machine. It didn't work.

Taylor shrugged. "Become a law enforcement officer while she works in the hospital? Betazed Self-Defence Force officer?"

"A job is a job--we all do our part," Lillian tried, stroking Taylor's hair. "At the end of the day we're all fighting for the same thing, some more than others. We have time to figure out what we'll do...we could change our minds. Babies change everything, right?"

She smiled brightly to show him that she was flexible and she was supportive, but felt like she wasn't fixing a damn thing right now. The wounds were too deep and she had a feeling things could get ugly if not controlled and so she decided that she was going to just keep small talk. She couldn't force a reconcilliation right now and she knew that, so her best intentions were best left alone.

"I'm pleased you came for the wedding," Lillian told the three. "I know I can't show you in one day that I'm good enough for your son, but I'll certainly try. Sareth and I are so happy to add him to our family...even if he already is."

Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 pm

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

"A job is a job--we all do our part," Lillian tried, stroking Taylor's hair. "At the end of the day we're all fighting for the same thing, some more than others. We have time to figure out what we'll do...we could change our minds. Babies change everything, right?"

She smiled brightly to show him that she was flexible and she was supportive, but felt like she wasn't fixing a damn thing right now. The wounds were too deep and she had a feeling things could get ugly if not controlled and so she decided that she was going to just keep small talk. She couldn't force a reconcilliation right now and she knew that, so her best intentions were best left alone.

"I'm pleased you came for the wedding," Lillian told the three. "I know I can't show you in one day that I'm good enough for your son, but I'll certainly try. Sareth and I are so happy to add him to our family...even if he already is."

"You are more than enough for him, sweetheart." piped up Mary kindly with a smile. "Our history with Taylor is...spotted. But I'm glad that he wasn't alone all this time. With a wee one on the way it's obvious that he's found someone who can give him some common sense and direction."

Taylor couldn't help but blush at that, pulling Lillian onto his lap and nuzzle her in some show of affection. "And soon to be married. Aye, our life is going on head alright."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 pm

||USS Fenris
||April 11, 2388

She smiled brightly to show him that she was flexible and she was supportive, but felt like she wasn't fixing a damn thing right now. The wounds were too deep and she had a feeling things could get ugly if not controlled and so she decided that she was going to just keep small talk. She couldn't force a reconciliation right now and she knew that, so her best intentions were best left alone.

"You are more than enough for him, sweetheart." piped up Mary kindly with a smile. "Our history with Taylor is...spotted. But I'm glad that he wasn't alone all this time. With a wee one on the way it's obvious that he's found someone who can give him some common sense and direction."

Taylor couldn't help but blush at that, pulling Lillian onto his lap and nuzzling her in some show of affection. "And soon to be married. Aye, our life is going on head alright."

"Our life is good," Lillian beamed, kissing Taylor gently. "I just wanted you to know that you're still part of it...if you want to be. Do you want anything other than sausage?"

(You good to end it, or do you want to add something? I'm not sure what else to do with this one...)

Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 pm

can't think of anything me darlin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws   

Back to top Go down

Lilly/Sareth/Lucas' - Breakfast with the In-laws
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1