AuthorMessage
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6: Monkey Business   Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||Mid December, 2388

"The Captain's shutle is away sir, marking time in the mission log." The young ensign sat at the helm said, turning to face Gabe who was still pacing the bridge. He smiled slightly as he remembered his former XO on the USS Apache, 'I've lived seven lifetimes and yet i've never known a man who wandered so much and sat so little.'

"Thankyou Ensign." He replied, stroking his beard and continuing his pacing. He tapped the control panel on the captain's armrest and watched as the viewscreen switched to a 50-50 display, on the right side was the planet below them, on the left was a graphic of the shuttle's flightpath.

Another tap added the shuttle's condition, speed and other information. Maybe it was overkill, but he liked to know everything he could, plus with the captain herself on the shuttle he wasn't able to take any chances. He trusted Kalen, the man had proven in the past he was good at his job, but at the same time he knew that sometimes situations came out of nowhere that where beyond their control, it was those he kept an eye out for.

He decided against a fourth circuit of the bridge, He figured the bridge crew would start getting annoyed at his looking over their shoulders so he finally sat in the captain's chair. He fidgeted for a few seconds, unable to get comfortable in the 'Big chair'. On the Apache the command chair had been has, though she was only a small station defense ship, not a ship of the line. As much as he loved the Fenris, even going so far as to nickname her "the great Wolf" this wasn't his command and this seat wasn't his. His chair was much more comfortable in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6: Monkey Business   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm

||Berstly
||In Orbit
||Mid December, 2388

Josalyn smiled when they were finally in orbit, ready to get right out there and do what it was that she knew that she was best at. She was a leader and this was her team and while she could see that Selina was a little antsy and she had no idea what it was like to work with these people, she knew that there was something that she could do and they would respect her. So, she looked at Kalen and gave him a smile and a nod, looking at all of the others and then looking back to her pilot.

"You can put her down anywhere you see fit, Lieutenant," Josalyn confirmed for him and then she turned to the rest of them. "Alright, so here is how it stands: Lieutenant Gespard, Doctor Burast and myself will be surveying the planet and looking for any signs of life or plantation that we can better see and record on the actual surface of the planet. Doctor Karr and Ensign Connel are in charge of getting the supplies and should the rest of us find some, then so be it. There will be absolutely no going it alone, is that understood?"

She wanted it understood that as a planet that they knew nothing about, she didn't want anyone getting into trouble without being able to signal out for help, or having the aide of a buddy. Right now she wanted on the planet and off of it and nothing would satisfy her more than coming back to the ship having had a successful mission. Besides, instilling the fear of God in them all, so to speak, was part of her job and she knew that she needed to let them know that right now she was their Captain, she was not their friend.

"Anyone going against orders will be held to any consequences I deem fit for their actions," Josalyn told them firmly. "Doctor Kaleiman...I except that you will be in control of the surveying as this should be your expertise."

<Taggles: The rest of you, and sorry it's short, I just wanted to open it up for some planet surveying...Selina will bring in the monkey beasts, but feel free to feel stalked...>

Kaleiman Burast
Lieutenant Commander (T)
Lieutenant Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6: Monkey Business   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 am

|| Berstly
|| Orbit
|| Mid December, 2388

"One of my many 'expertises,' as a matter of fact," Burast grunted, having missed her command presence speech entirely as he focused on a sensor readout from the shuttle's exterior. "However the surveying would proceed much more efficiently if I could get proper readings from the shuttle's sensors. Enough with this haphazard flying. Tell the shuttle driver to take us in level so I can verify the cartography and stratospheric microfauna levels are as predicted!"

He turned to address one of the Science ensigns. "I'm detecting trace levels of radon in the atmosphere which the initial planetary scans did not predict. I'm sure it's not at a level that will affect our studies, but we must be thorough. Recalibrate the tricorders for fractional distillation at .000001 % with that in mind, if you please," Burast ordered brusquely. Wordlessly the ensign obeyed, hunching down closer to his console to avoid any further scrutiny from the good doctor.

The shuttle trembled slightly at some turbulence then, despite Kalen's best efforts, and the doctor scowled. "Hold this thing steady! You're not flying in a stunt race, man!" he called out. Shaking his head and muttering to himself about sensor anomalies and hotshot pilots, Burast returned his attention to his computer screen, oblivious of everything and everyone around him for a time.

Finally he returned his attention to Jos. "Captain, I have located a medium sized clearing of moderate elevation that will do nicely for a landing site. Have the driver set us down there," he said confidently, pointing at the sensor display.

<Tag: Away team>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6: Monkey Business   Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Gabe/Marissa - 1035
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 6: Monkey Business