AuthorMessage
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

While chatting with Lillian certainly had its high points, Josalyn was certainly happy that the Betazoid was taking her leave of the office...bare as it was becoming. She looked around and realized that without the captain's personal touches it was just a boring old room and something about that made the whole space rather forboding to the new captain. Josalyn immediately started brainstorming about which object should go where, knowing at least a picture of her and Emma needed to go up for sure. In her mental planning, she realized that she was kind of completely tuning out what Lillian was saying and looked at her, the Betazoid laughing.

"I'm going to let you be and go and pack up the Captain's Quarters enough for you to move into them tomorrow," Lillian said smiling. "I hope you love this place as much as I do."

Josalyn smiled and nodded. "Something tells me this will be my new home."

"Good," Lillian said, box in hand as the doors to the ready room whooshed open. "Something tells me that you have a visitor, Captain..."

Frost
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

While chatting with Lillian certainly had its high points, Josalyn was certainly happy that the Betazoid was taking her leave of the office...bare as it was becoming. She looked around and realized that without the captain's personal touches it was just a boring old room and something about that made the whole space rather forboding to the new captain. Josalyn immediately started brainstorming about which object should go where, knowing at least a picture of her and Emma needed to go up for sure. In her mental planning, she realized that she was kind of completely tuning out what Lillian was saying and looked at her, the Betazoid laughing.

"I'm going to let you be and go and pack up the Captain's Quarters enough for you to move into them tomorrow," Lillian said smiling. "I hope you love this place as much as I do."

"Good," Lillian said, box in hand as the doors to the ready room whooshed open. "Something tells me that you have a visitor, Captain..."

Frost looked up as the box carrying officer walked past him, her pleasant smile catching him slightly off guard. He returned it best he could and stepped into the CO's ready room. It was kind of spartan, forboding and kind of lacking in any personality he inwardly cursed- there was nothing here for him to get a read on his new CO with, she was shorter than him, pretty and well proportinoed. No tattoos, no piercings, nothing for him him to run with. He felt a little more off kilter than he had when he walked in. Collecting himself he saluted and stood to attention

"J.G Frost reporting for duty Ma'am"

His English accent seemed to reverberate off the bare walls, he hoped he didnt sound quite as nevrous as he felt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

While chatting with Lillian definately had its high points, Josalyn was certainly happy that the Betazoid was taking her leave of the office...bare as it was becoming. She looked around and realized that without the captain's personal touches it was just a boring old room and something about that made the whole space rather forboding to the new captain. Josalyn immediately started brainstorming about which object should go where, knowing at least a picture of her and Emma needed to go up for sure. In her mental planning, she realized that she was kind of completely tuning out what Lillian was saying and looked at her, the Betazoid laughing.

Frost looked up as the box carrying officer walked past him, her pleasant smile catching him slightly off guard. He returned it best he could and stepped into the CO's ready room. It was kind of spartan, forboding and kind of lacking in any personality he inwardly cursed- there was nothing here for him to get a read on his new CO with, she was shorter than him, pretty and well proportinoed. No tattoos, no piercings, nothing for him him to run with. He felt a little more off kilter than he had when he walked in. Collecting himself he saluted and stood to attention

"J.G Frost reporting for duty Ma'am,"

His English accent seemed to reverberate off the bare walls, he hoped he didn't sound quite as nevrous as he felt.

"Another marine to start off my morning," Josalyn nodded with a smile on her face, motioning to the chair in front of her new desk. "Perhaps you know the way to a chair..."

She tilted her head a little to one said to study the blonde man in front of her and only knew he was a marine because of the green uniform and it made her take in a deep breath. Josalyn knew she wasn't getting an entirely new marine detachment, it was just that she didn't know whether or not all of this fresh blood was partiicularly good or not--either they would find it easier to get used to her or they wouldn't. Either way, she gave him a smile to try and let him know that she wasn't the devil or anything like that, but she was still his captain and that meant that some sort of relationship had to be formed between them and now.

"Just let me bring up your file..." Josalyn said slowly, bringing it up and looking it over. "So you're a transfer too? So is your Marine CO--have you met him yet?"

Frost
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:18 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

While chatting with Lillian definately had its high points, Josalyn was certainly happy that the Betazoid was taking her leave of the office...bare as it was becoming. She looked around and realized that without the captain's personal touches it was just a boring old room and something about that made the whole space rather forboding to the new captain. Josalyn immediately started brainstorming about which object should go where, knowing at least a picture of her and Emma needed to go up for sure. In her mental planning, she realized that she was kind of completely tuning out what Lillian was saying and looked at her, the Betazoid laughing.

His English accent seemed to reverberate off the bare walls, he hoped he didn't sound quite as nevrous as he felt.

"Another marine to start off my morning," Josalyn nodded with a smile on her face, motioning to the chair in front of her new desk. "Perhaps you know the way to a chair..."

She tilted her head a little to one said to study the blonde man in front of her and only knew he was a marine because of the green uniform and it made her take in a deep breath. Josalyn knew she wasn't getting an entirely new marine detachment, it was just that she didn't know whether or not all of this fresh blood was partiicularly good or not--either they would find it easier to get used to her or they wouldn't. Either way, she gave him a smile to try and let him know that she wasn't the devil or anything like that, but she was still his captain and that meant that some sort of relationship had to be formed between them and now.

"Just let me bring up your file..." Josalyn said slowly, bringing it up and looking it over. "So you're a transfer too? So is your Marine CO--have you met him yet?"

Frost sat opposite the Captain, swallowing hard. He was nervous not because of the Captain on the contrary, she was actually putting him at ease. Her bright smile and easy personality had already given him a good feeling about her, her professionalism was refreshing also he was nervous because A) she was going to read about the incident which practically derailed his career and B) she was about to discover his middle name.
He collected himself and smiled back softly

"No...No Ma'am I am yet to meet him though I understand a few of the new arrivals are Marines... The corps is moving a lot of guys here... Have you been in command long Ma'am?"

He inwardly winced, she quite obviously knew her way around rank and she definetly had the aura of a leader, he asked because command tended to weigh down on a person, change them somehow. Yet she seemed so light and friendly. Bizzarely, even now he hoped it wouldnt crush that spirit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:46 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

Frost sat opposite the Captain, swallowing hard. He was nervous not because of the Captain on the contrary, she was actually putting him at ease. Her bright smile and easy personality had already given him a good feeling about her, her professionalism was refreshing also he was nervous because A) she was going to read about the incident which practically derailed his career and B) she was about to discover his middle name. He collected himself and smiled back softly.

"No...No Ma'am I am yet to meet him though I understand a few of the new arrivals are Marines... The corps is moving a lot of guys here... Have you been in command long Ma'am?"

He inwardly winced, she quite obviously knew her way around rank and she definately had the aura of a leader, he asked because command tended to weigh down on a person, change them somehow. Yet she seemed so light and friendly. Bizzarely, even now he hoped it wouldn't crush that spirit.

"Of the Fenris? That woman carrying out the box was the captain before me and she's technically still captain for the next 24 hours," Josalyn admitted with a gentle shrug. "This is my second posting as the actual captain of a vessel. I'd say a little over a year's experience, but I was the executive officer of the USS Blackbird for three years before I got to have it to myself. I suppose you could say I'm new too, but I know what I'm doing."

She nodded and that and looked back at the information. "So...Sergeant...looks here like you might need to set up some time with the CMO or a counselor, just in case. Doctor Karr likes to have everyone's psychological profiles on record just in case. Careful with her though--she's an old bird that has yet to learn that blunt isn't always best. Do you have any goals while you're here?"

Frost
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:04 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

Frost sat opposite the Captain, swallowing hard. He was nervous not because of the Captain on the contrary, she was actually putting him at ease. Her bright smile and easy personality had already given him a good feeling about her, her professionalism was refreshing also he was nervous because A) she was going to read about the incident which practically derailed his career and B) she was about to discover his middle name. He collected himself and smiled back softly.

He inwardly winced, she quite obviously knew her way around rank and she definately had the aura of a leader, he asked because command tended to weigh down on a person, change them somehow. Yet she seemed so light and friendly. Bizzarely, even now he hoped it wouldn't crush that spirit.

"Of the Fenris? That woman carrying out the box was the captain before me and she's technically still captain for the next 24 hours," Josalyn admitted with a gentle shrug. "This is my second posting as the actual captain of a vessel. I'd say a little over a year's experience, but I was the executive officer of the USS Blackbird for three years before I got to have it to myself. I suppose you could say I'm new too, but I know what I'm doing."

She nodded and that and looked back at the information. "So...Sergeant...looks here like you might need to set up some time with the CMO or a counselor, just in case. Doctor Karr likes to have everyone's psychological profiles on record just in case. Careful with her though--she's an old bird that has yet to learn that blunt isn't always best. Do you have any goals while you're here?"

Frost nodded, he'd heard of the blackbird. one of the engineering boys who'd shared his particular corner of exile aboard the windsor had been a huge fan.

"The blackbird? impressive Ma'am, I knew an engineer who'd rave about her engines... mostly double dutch to me but it was the most animated I'd ever seen him"

He laughed softly and nodded

"Dr Karr? I havent met her either yer Ma'am... I will check in though. I cant make any promises on what she'll get but I'll do my level best"

He thought for a moment about what he wanted, the goals he had aboard the Fenris- he could have lied, he could have hid behind his mask as usual but studying the CO's eyes he saw a little spark that told him that she'd smell it. He hadn't known her long but she struck him as the kind of person that would be your best friend if you were honest and straight, lie to her and she'd cut you in half. He opted to be honest despite how uncomfortable it felt to him

"Goals Ma'am? I see this as a second chance, redemption to put back on track the career I managed to all but ruin with my carelessness... My goals here are simple, I want to make a difference, I want to fit in and become a part of the team... if I may ask a question Ma'am... what do you expect of your crew?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

Frost nodded, he'd heard of the Blackbird. one of the engineering boys who'd shared his particular corner of exile aboard the windsor had been a huge fan.

"The Blackbird? Impressive Ma'am, I knew an engineer who'd rave about her engines... mostly double dutch to me but it was the most animated I'd ever seen him,"

He laughed softly and nodded.

"Dr Karr? I haven't met her either yer Ma'am... I will check in though. I can't make any promises on what she'll get but I'll do my level best."

He thought for a moment about what he wanted, the goals he had aboard the Fenris--he could have lied, he could have hid behind his mask as usual but studying the CO's eyes he saw a little spark that told him that she'd smell it. He hadn't known her long but she struck him as the kind of person that would be your best friend if you were honest and straight, lie to her and she'd cut you in half. He opted to be honest despite how uncomfortable it felt to him.

"Goals Ma'am? I see this as a second chance, redemption to put back on track the career I managed to all but ruin with my carelessness... My goals here are simple, I want to make a difference, I want to fit in and become a part of the team... if I may ask a question Ma'am... what do you expect of your crew?"

"If you want a second chance so bad, I think you can get just what you want. Those are good goals, and something tells me that marines make quite a splash around here--last captain married her MCO and then handed the ship over to me all shiny like new with the keys still in it," Josalyn joked and then she scrunched her face up a little in thought. "What do I expect of my crew? I expect them to work like a well oiled machine..."

She gave herself a moment before she kept going. "I don't have the luxury of being able to be everyone's friend, but I do want to know my crew and I want to know them well and I want to be able to work with them. I am the one that is in charge, I have to make tough decisions, and not everyone is going to agree with me when I make a choice, but I expect them to follow whatever I order I lay out when I lay it on the table. So what do I expect of my crew? I expect them to follow instructions and I expect them to not only do their jobs, but make sure that they're all mingling together. We are like pieces of a machine, and if one of us is off, everyone is off and I can't afford to have anyone be off."

Perhaps that answer was a bit rude, but she had tried to explain it a bit more in her second attempt because she was the authority and he had to know that, but she wasn't a master with a whip. Josalyn didn't see herself as some all powerful Goddess that peasants needed to kowtow before, she just knew that being in control didn't always mean being someone's friend. Everyone had to work together to acheive a goal and she was the ringleader, so to speak, and it was her job to make sure that everyone else was doing their jobs and well.

Frost
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:44 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

Frost nodded, he'd heard of the Blackbird. one of the engineering boys who'd shared his particular corner of exile aboard the windsor had been a huge fan.

"The Blackbird? Impressive Ma'am, I knew an engineer who'd rave about her engines... mostly double dutch to me but it was the most animated I'd ever seen him,"

"Dr Karr? I haven't met her either yer Ma'am... I will check in though. I can't make any promises on what she'll get but I'll do my level best."

He thought for a moment about what he wanted, the goals he had aboard the Fenris--he could have lied, he could have hid behind his mask as usual but studying the CO's eyes he saw a little spark that told him that she'd smell it. He hadn't known her long but she struck him as the kind of person that would be your best friend if you were honest and straight, lie to her and she'd cut you in half. He opted to be honest despite how uncomfortable it felt to him.

"If you want a second chance so bad, I think you can get just what you want. Those are good goals, and something tells me that marines make quite a splash around here--last captain married her MCO and then handed the ship over to me all shiny like new with the keys still in it," Josalyn joked and then she scrunched her face up a little in thought. "What do I expect of my crew? I expect them to work like a well oiled machine..."

She gave herself a moment before she kept going. "I don't have the luxury of being able to be everyone's friend, but I do want to know my crew and I want to know them well and I want to be able to work with them. I am the one that is in charge, I have to make tough decisions, and not everyone is going to agree with me when I make a choice, but I expect them to follow whatever I order I lay out when I lay it on the table. So what do I expect of my crew? I expect them to follow instructions and I expect them to not only do their jobs, but make sure that they're all mingling together. We are like pieces of a machine, and if one of us is off, everyone is off and I can't afford to have anyone be off."

Perhaps that answer was a bit rude, but she had tried to explain it a bit more in her second attempt because she was the authority and he had to know that, but she wasn't a master with a whip. Josalyn didn't see herself as some all powerful Goddess that peasants needed to kowtow before, she just knew that being in control didn't always mean being someone's friend. Everyone had to work together to acheive a goal and she was the ringleader, so to speak, and it was her job to make sure that everyone else was doing their jobs and well.

Frost allowed himself a smile at her joke, feeling a little more at ease around her. The previous captain had married her MCO? it wasn't the first time he'd heard of it but it was amusing in a heartwarming way. He blinked and nodded at the tone of her answer, he let his mask fall back into place and nodded his solemn agreement

"Command opens a door to problems of a whole different nature doesn't it?"

He fell silent a moment, remebering. Gathering himself he spoke again, a little softer this time

"speaking with the CMO... is that a requirement or would you rather I reported to my section chief first?"

The CO seemed like a complex woman, on one hand she had a good heart but on the other she knew command came with a burden. He allowed himself an inward smile, she would excell here. He needed to find his stride aboard this ship now. Living in exile in some dimly lit armoury just wasn't an option anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:57 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

Frost allowed himself a smile at her joke, feeling a little more at ease around her. The previous captain had married her MCO? it wasn't the first time he'd heard of it but it was amusing in a heartwarming way. He blinked and nodded at the tone of her answer, he let his mask fall back into place and nodded his solemn agreement

He fell silent a moment, remebering. Gathering himself he spoke again, a little softer this time

"speaking with the CMO... is that a requirement or would you rather I reported to my section chief first?"

The CO seemed like a complex woman, on one hand she had a good heart but on the other she knew command came with a burden. He allowed himself an inward smile, she would excell here. He needed to find his stride aboard this ship now. Living in exile in some dimly lit armoury just wasn't an option anymore.

"I sent him straight for a physical, so it's probably best you meet the others, talk to him when he gets there and then do your physical before running any drills." Josalyn explained with a gentle sigh. "As talented as Doctor Karr is, she can't do two physicals at once."

She took a deep breath and then shrugged a little. "Command is its own issue all in itself. I'm sure we'll all get a routine down, however, and we'll all work it out. Right now I want you to settle in, meet your CO and then go talk to the doctor. Welcome aboard, Sergeant Frost."

Frost
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:19 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room
||Mid December, 2388

"I sent him straight for a physical, so it's probably best you meet the others, talk to him when he gets there and then do your physical before running any drills." Josalyn explained with a gentle sigh. "As talented as Doctor Karr is, she can't do two physicals at once."

She took a deep breath and then shrugged a little. "Command is its own issue all in itself. I'm sure we'll all get a routine down, however, and we'll all work it out. Right now I want you to settle in, meet your CO and then go talk to the doctor. Welcome aboard, Sergeant Frost."

Frost stood up, to attention and saluted

"Yes Ma'am, thank you Ma'am"

Turning on his heel he walked out feeling a damn sight better than he did before he walked in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frost and Jos - First Impressions   

Back to top Go down

Frost and Jos - First Impressions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1