Kaleiman Burast
Lieutenant Commander (T)
Lieutenant Commander (T)

PostSubject: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

The turbolift doors hissed open, and Dr. Burast stormed onto the bridge, still out of uniform. His perpetually dark expression was even darker at the moment, and he directed a venomous gaze at a junior officer, the same gaze that had terrified so many doctorate students in his days of lecturing.

"You there! I need an increase in the Science labs' power allotment! Those fools in Engineering said I needed to go through Ops, and those jackanapes in Ops said I needed to go through the bridge! So here I am! Now, I am tired of running around this infernal ship in search of some flunky who will reroute a conduit for me. Here are the power allotments I need. See to the rerouting already!" he demanded officiously.

The junior officer, obviously taken aback, took a moment to study the PADD and gather his thoughts. After a long pause he looked up and replied "I'm sorry sir, but this kind of radical energy reassignment is above my clearance level."

Kaleiman went bluer, the Takaran equivalent of flushing. "Well who has clearance then? Who is in charge of this rust bucket? Isn't there anyone with authority to get anything done around here?" he snapped.

The officer looked back wide-eyed, as did most of the bridge crew, at the wild-eyed academic making a scene on the bridge. "Well sir…I believe that would be the Captain," he said quickly.

"Well then where is this Captain of yours? Is he asleep?" Dr. Burast practically shouted.

(sorry this took so long)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:09 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

The turbolift doors hissed open, and Dr. Burast stormed onto the bridge, still out of uniform. His perpetually dark expression was even darker at the moment, and he directed a venomous gaze at a junior officer, the same gaze that had terrified so many doctorate students in his days of lecturing.

"You there! I need an increase in the Science labs' power allotment! Those fools in Engineering said I needed to go through Ops, and those jackanapes in Ops said I needed to go through the bridge! So here I am! Now, I am tired of running around this infernal ship in search of some flunky who will reroute a conduit for me. Here are the power allotments I need. See to the rerouting already!" he demanded officiously.

The junior officer, obviously taken aback, took a moment to study the PADD and gather his thoughts. After a long pause he looked up and replied "I'm sorry sir, but this kind of radical energy reassignment is above my clearance level."

Kaleiman went bluer, the Takaran equivalent of flushing. "Well who has clearance then? Who is in charge of this rust bucket? Isn't there anyone with authority to get anything done around here?" he snapped.

The officer looked back wide-eyed, as did most of the bridge crew, at the wild-eyed academic making a scene on the bridge. "Well sir…I believe that would be the Captain," he said quickly.

"Well then where is this Captain of yours? Is he asleep?" Dr. Burast practically shouted.

Pretty quickly, Kaleiman was pointed toward the Ready Room, where Josalyn was looking over some files that she needed to get taken care of. She had a lot to do and they were nearing the planet and right now she just wanted to settle into her new reign here. Joaslyn ran her fingers through her hair as she let her eyes scan over all of the information in her hands.

"What I need is to personally know every department head," she told herself out loud nodding. "That and I need coffee..."

Getting up from her chair, she went over to her replicator and got herself a cup of coffee, needing to be as on her toes as possible. She was leading down an Away Team and more than anything she had to be ready to order people about and prove her ability to lead. Smiling to herself, she blew on the hot coffee and went to take a seat at her desk again, fantisizing a bit about this new ship.

(No problem, took me a little bit too, haha)

Kaleiman Burast
Lieutenant Commander (T)
Lieutenant Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:09 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

Pretty quickly, Kaleiman was pointed toward the Ready Room, where Josalyn was looking over some files that she needed to get taken care of. She had a lot to do and they were nearing the planet and right now she just wanted to settle into her new reign here. Joaslyn ran her fingers through her hair as she let her eyes scan over all of the information in her hands.

"What I need is to personally know every department head," she told herself out loud nodding. "That and I need coffee..."

Getting up from her chair, she went over to her replicator and got herself a cup of coffee, needing to be as on her toes as possible. She was leading down an Away Team and more than anything she had to be ready to order people about and prove her ability to lead. Smiling to herself, she blew on the hot coffee and went to take a seat at her desk again, fantasizing a bit about this new ship.

Kaleiman rang the door chime repeatedly, and when the door hissed open he stalked in. "Captain! Captain? I need a word with you!" He paused slightly at the sight of a human woman, but quickly continued his tirade, unfazed.

"I have been up and down this ship trying to find someone with both the rank and technical competency to divert some much-needed power to my labs. Now, I have a case full of rare bacteriophages from Liberus III that I brought with me, and I need to immediately begin testing them upon the living tissue matter samples I also brought with me…oh, and at some point I'll need you to direct the crew to provide me with more tissue samples of various species," Dr. Burast added as an afterthought before resuming.

"But for now, those bacteriophages are sitting idle in cryo-storage and valuable research output is not being produced. I need the following modifications to the lab computers' power supplies to proceed with the experiment." Kaleiman tossed a PADD on the Captain's desk. "Please see to it," he expounded, although the way he used please was more empathic than polite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:41 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

Getting up from her chair, she went over to her replicator and got herself a cup of coffee, needing to be as on her toes as possible. She was leading down an Away Team and more than anything she had to be ready to order people about and prove her ability to lead. Smiling to herself, she blew on the hot coffee and went to take a seat at her desk again, fantasizing a bit about this new ship.

Kaleiman rang the door chime repeatedly, and when the door hissed open he stalked in. "Captain! Captain? I need a word with you!" He paused slightly at the sight of a human woman, but quickly continued his tirade, unfazed.

"I have been up and down this ship trying to find someone with both the rank and technical competency to divert some much-needed power to my labs. Now, I have a case full of rare bacteriophages from Liberus III that I brought with me, and I need to immediately begin testing them upon the living tissue matter samples I also brought with me…oh, and at some point I'll need you to direct the crew to provide me with more tissue samples of various species," Dr. Burast added as an afterthought before resuming.

"But for now, those bacteriophages are sitting idle in cryo-storage and valuable research output is not being produced. I need the following modifications to the lab computers' power supplies to proceed with the experiment." Kaleiman tossed a PADD on the Captain's desk. "Please see to it," he expounded, although the way he used please was more empathic than polite.

Josalyn nodded slowly and then motioned to the chair in front of the desk so that he would have a seat as this blonde was not someone to order around. If he was going to barge into her office then he was going to be welcome into the world of her captaincy and he was going to follow her rules instead of demanding things of his own. They hadn't even been properly introduced yet and to show him that it was her turf and her decision, she didn't even pick up the PADD and wouldn't until he took a seat.

"You must be my new Chief of Science if you're talking about your labs," Josalyn said gently, looking at the chair. "I suggest you have a seat, Commander and then we shall discuss your needs patiently and efficiently and then you can be on your way..."

Kaleiman Burast
Lieutenant Commander (T)
Lieutenant Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:43 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

Josalyn nodded slowly and then motioned to the chair in front of the desk so that he would have a seat as this blonde was not someone to order around. If he was going to barge into her office then he was going to be welcome into the world of her captaincy and he was going to follow her rules instead of demanding things of his own. They hadn't even been properly introduced yet and to show him that it was her turf and her decision, she didn't even pick up the PADD and wouldn't until he took a seat.

"You must be my new Chief of Science if you're talking about your labs," Josalyn said gently, looking at the chair. "I suggest you have a seat, Commander and then we shall discuss your needs patiently and efficiently and then you can be on your way..."

Kaleiman's eyes dilated and narrowed for a moment, then he spoke as levelly as he could. "Yes, that's right. Kaleiman Burast. Doctor Burast," he emphasized, his face showing a look of distaste at the mention of the military rank of Commander. Still, hope sprung eternal in the old academic's heart at the captain's tone of voice. Perhaps she could be reasoned with. The possibility that he was completely misreading human emotions barely crossed his mind.

Taking the offered seat as an indication of his status aboard (assuming lower creatures were forced to stand in front of the superior, as it was on Takara), Burast reclined leisurely and changed his own tone to match that of what he suspected might be an intellectual equal...or at least someone who needed to be treated as such for the sake of efficiency…and those bacteriophages.

"Thank you, Captain. Now then, if you'll take a look at the specifications, you will see they are all necessary, proper, and in line with current academic protocols on this sort of research. So really, I don't see what the problem is!" he exclaimed, gambling that a bit of informal emotion would help his case right now. That the past successes of that sort of gamble had only been in the controlled environment of Takaran academia where others had been subordinate to him didn't really cross his mind either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

Kaleiman's eyes dilated and narrowed for a moment, then he spoke as levelly as he could. "Yes, that's right. Kaleiman Burast. Doctor Burast," he emphasized, his face showing a look of distaste at the mention of the military rank of Commander. Still, hope sprung eternal in the old academic's heart at the captain's tone of voice. Perhaps she could be reasoned with. The possibility that he was completely misreading human emotions barely crossed his mind.

Taking the offered seat as an indication of his status aboard (assuming lower creatures were forced to stand in front of the superior, as it was on Takara), Burast reclined leisurely and changed his own tone to match that of what he suspected might be an intellectual equal...or at least someone who needed to be treated as such for the sake of efficiency…and those bacteriophages.

"Thank you, Captain. Now then, if you'll take a look at the specifications, you will see they are all necessary, proper, and in line with current academic protocols on this sort of research. So really, I don't see what the problem is!" he exclaimed, gambling that a bit of informal emotion would help his case right now. That the past successes of that sort of gamble had only been in the controlled environment of Takaran academia where others had been subordinate to him didn't really cross his mind either.

Josalyn could tell that he didn't like being called 'Commander' and so she made a note of that because she could be reasonsed with--it wasn't an unresonable request. She could also tell that he seemed quite the exuberant kind of personality and she picked up the PADD and looked it over now as he was sitting down and spewing it all out to her. It didn't seem like unresonable demands either, but Josalyn wanted him to know how it went on her ship...this was her ship.

"The problem was that it had to go through me," Josalyn told him, setting the PADD down and folding her hands on the table. "I am the captain and therefore I have the final say on pretty much everything. The heads have their own powers--you have your own powers--but things like this go through me as I am the commander and chief. What I say is practically law..."

That being said she threw him a smile. "I will get this taken care of for you, but you need to do something for me, Doctor. You see, you've come at a rather interesting time, we're about to get some supplies from an uncharted planet and chart parts of the planet...I want you in the Away Team."

Kaleiman Burast
Lieutenant Commander (T)
Lieutenant Commander (T)

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 am

|| USS Fenris
|| Bridge/ Ready Room
|| Mid December, 2388
|| 930ish?

Josalyn could tell that he didn't like being called 'Commander' and so she made a note of that because she could be reasonsed with--it wasn't an unresonable request. She could also tell that he seemed quite the exuberant kind of personality and she picked up the PADD and looked it over now as he was sitting down and spewing it all out to her. It didn't seem like unresonable demands either, but Josalyn wanted him to know how it went on her ship...this was her ship.

"The problem was that it had to go through me," Josalyn told him, setting the PADD down and folding her hands on the table. "I am the captain and therefore I have the final say on pretty much everything. The heads have their own powers--you have your own powers--but things like this go through me as I am the commander and chief. What I say is practically law..."

That being said she threw him a smile. "I will get this taken care of for you, but you need to do something for me, Doctor. You see, you've come at a rather interesting time, we're about to get some supplies from an uncharted planet and chart parts of the planet...I want you in the Away Team."

Burast practically sputtered at her talk of being the law aboard. "The only law that concerns me is the law of relativi-" he started to snap, but paused suddenly. "What did you say? Uncharted planet? Away mission?" A thoughtful look crossed his face. "And living crew members would be heading to the surface? In direct contact with native pathogens and phytoplasts? Interesting…" he said, running a hand through his unkempt hair and looking past her, deep in thought as he spoke to no one in particular.

"I'd need biometric readings for every member of the away team, before and after the mission…comprehensive comparisons and long-term pathology predictions…planetary xenobiology scans…contamination precautions would need to be observed…there's always the problem of replicating the study in the future…" His musings dissolved into silence as he contemplated the issue in his mind, in what was undoubtedly the finest tradition of Takaran and intergalactic academia. Finally he spoke, loudly and abruptly.

"Very well, I'll take charge of this away mission, but I must caution you that I cannot be rushed in this research! I'll need at least five hours on the surface to ensure sufficient sample recovery," he informed her in a lofty tone. The immediate assumption of his superiority in whatever endeavor came as naturally to him as breathing or regulating his own metabolism (one and the same to a Takaran).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle   

Back to top Go down

Jos/Kaleiman - Power struggle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1