USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elena/Marissa/Marlo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

Elena/Marissa/Marlo Empty
PostSubject: Elena/Marissa/Marlo   Elena/Marissa/Marlo I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:28 pm

||Baron Lotus
||Shuttlebay II

Elena sighed loudly and sat down at her station, ignoring that Marissa was already on the shuttle and seemed to be waiting for her as she checked her phasers. Marlo was at the helm getting the shuttle ready to go and Elena wished for a moment that Reius was going instead. Wasn't it his job to go on Away Missions? Then again, it was almost like being a Field Medic, so maybe this was almost on purpose...

"There's a cave about 200 yards from our landing spot," Elena said as she checked the information at her station. "Where is the dilithium?"

"Do you even know how to read that?" Marissa asked rolling her eyes. "Doctors...its right where it says it is."

Marlo rolled her eyes--it was going to be a long flight. After finishing her flight checklist, Marlo spun her chair around and looked at the security officer and the field medic, taking everything in. This shuttle craft was larger than she was used to, there was a lot more leg room.

"Now, now ladies--lets at least try to keep things civil. My scans indicated that the dilithium is in a central chamber about 10 meters below the surface of the planet. Hopefully we have a clear shot at it." Marlo muttered the last sentence as she swung back around.

Elena nodded slowly. "So...why exactly are we landing so far from the cave if we need it?"

She knew that she was just showing that she didn't know all that much, but she was there in case of casualties. She could shoot just fine, but she wasn't an engineer and she wasn't a terrific fighter: Marlo and Marissa had that taken care of respectively.

"Because we have to land away from the group of people in between us and the cave." Marissa explained, putting her phaser pistol into her holster. "We're going to have to walk the 200 yards, unless Commander Bakel here can get us in closer than that...think you can get us to within maybe 50 yards of the cave, Commander?"

Marlo scrunched up her nose. There was a little bit of interference in their systems, so Marlo wouldn't have any idea what they would be landing in, but it would be nice to shorten the distance. They could take the rover. Marlo had been itching to try it out, and it could carry more dilithium than the three of them could.

"I could certainly give it a shot...what about the Rover?" She asked, easing the shuttle out of the bay.

"I love rovers--I say lets do it." Marissa said with a smile on her face as she pushed her hair off of her shoulders. "Fly her down, Commander."

"As long as I get to drive it this mission."

Marlo didn't mention it but she'd probably drive faster than she really should, but wasn't it half the fun? A console beeped, and Marlo leaned over to read what it said. She frowned and tried to recalibrate to see if it was a sensor malfunction--no change. There had just been a massive surge of photon energy down on the planet...almost directly in their path to the dilithium chamber.

"That can't be good." She said, slowly.

"I see it too--lets get this shuttle down to the surface." Elena said quickly, shaking her head. "I don't want to know what the Captain will do if we don't get her and Lieutenant Commander Sharpe their dilithium."

Marlo laughed. Both Marissa and Elena had given her a direct order within a span of five minutes, one after the other. She was sure they hadn't meant either of their statements as such, but it still made her laugh.

"Let's do just that." Marlo said, deploying the shuttle's landing gear.

She hadn't piloted a shuttle for a very long time, but suffice to say, she wasn't as rusty as she thought she would be, and their landing was quite smooth indeed. When they were down snugly and safely, Marlo got up out of her chair, stretched, and made her way to the Rover. She slung a phaser rifle over her shoulder and sat in the driver's seat and opened the back hatch of the shuttle ready to drive out, but waiting patiently for the rest of her team.

Marissa chuckled and nodded as she checked over her weapons. "Alright, I guess you're driving then, Commander. Ready to go when you are."

(fin is good)
Back to top Go down

Elena/Marissa/Marlo
Page 1 of 1