USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lilly/Remy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Lilly/Remy Empty
PostSubject: Lilly/Remy   Lilly/Remy I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 pm

||USS Fenris
||Remy's Office
||TBA

After seeing Reius, Lillian suddenly found the urge to seek out Remy. She missed the young woman and wanted to talk to her--catch up, ask her questions. Remy was one of those people in Lillian's life that she felt like needed a little bit more focus and she had the time to do just that.

Going down to the Science Offices, Lillian looked around and took a moment to take the whole place in. She and Marlo had toured the ship before they had taken it over, but now there was activity in it and Lillian really enjoyed being there. After a moment of quiet contemplation, Lillian headed towards Remy's Office.

Remy was still looking at files on the virus when Lillian walked in. She looked up and gave her a nod, "Good day Doctor Crae." Remy said, she'd never gotten comfortable calling Lillian by her name even though they'd gotten relatively close in Remy's book. "How is the Sickbay?"

"Sickbay is awesome...but I don't really get to be in it," Lillian said with a laugh, taking a seat and sighing loudly. "The most time I spent in there was when I finally face Taylor again. I mean he's here...he's not dead. What am I supposed to do with that? He's been alive all this time and not once tried to come back to me. What does that say about me?"

She shouldn't have been dumping such things on her settling in Chief of the Science, but the words simply tumbled out.

Remy paused and stared for a moment, "I guess this is where I should put that small talk training you gave me to the test..." She said turning off her computer and facing Lillian, "I saw him, do you know why he didn't come back?" She said, trying to see this from a logical stand point, "Maybe something hindered him from making a return. Did you possibly do something to make him leave?" Immediately she knew that was the wrong question and winced, "Maybe he's...dumb?" Remy blushed, she really wasn't good at this...

Lillian smiled at Remy's attempts and shrugged a little bit. "I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was me...and I shouldn't be dumping this on you. I have so many duties to do and yet I keep coming back to it. Why now? Is this forever? How long does 'forever' last this time? I...how are you settling in?"

It might have been a shotty subject change, but Lillian felt like focusing on Remy...

Remy blinked a moment after the rapid string of questions came from Lilly. Obviously the pregnancy was messing with her emotions and Remy felt like a deer in headlights at the moment. "I'm settling fine, I'm working on some test samples with Mr. Lucas at the moment." She stated, thinking about the 'forever' questions Lillian posed, not entirely sure they were rhetorical or legitimate questions to be answered. Deciding to go with option two she said, "Forever isn't a length of time that can be measured, so asking how long it 'lasts' is illogical because forever lasts...well...forever." She said, hoping it would help a bit.

"Oh, logic," Lillian mused, nodding slowly. "I suppose you're right, but...what is this about samples? He's already putting you to work on something?"

For a moment Lillian wanted to go back to her sporatic questions but now she was curious. Taylor was working on something and Remy was in on it and she wanted to know what it was. After all she was the captain and it was her ship...she thought she deserved to know.

Remy was happy to get on the topic of work, now that she could talk about easily, "He came in with a vial with an unknown liquid inside. We scanned and found that it contained a compound known as Baicephorus VII, the same virus you contracted during the Jurassic Incident," Remy stated, looking through the file she'd brought up and had been studying, "However this is a new strain of the virus, it also enhances brain stimulation in Betazoids as well as give them a euphoric affect that acts like most narcotics. It is transferable through viscus fluids and is still lethal, but I believe it takes longer for the affects to set in and kill the victim." She stated turning to Lillian, "Mr. Lucas is going to look into whether it's being produced on a large scale for distribution. He and I agree that virus should remain under top secret and the staff secured from it, until I look into a way to counteract the virus should anyone contract it."

Baicephorus VII...what a bittersweet memory. On the one hand, she and Taylor really began there the second time around--the first time being back during the Dominion War--but on the other hand, that brought her back to Marshall. Taylor risking his life to save her life and get her the antidote to Marshall's virus was all well and good, but this made her think that there was a chance that Marshall was involved in this too...except that he hated telepaths because he hated her.

Another question arose as well: how did Taylor get a hold of this? Exactly what had he been up to that he suddenly had his hands on such a substance? A lot had happened in the last two months to all of them, but she figured that she and Taylor were really going to need to sit down and discuss everything. Especially since Marshall wasn't mentioned in the databases linking to Baicephorus VII...that would be too risky for her.

"This virus is transferred through more than just blood?" Lillian asked slowly, trying to piece it all together.

Not only was she curious about that, but she was curious about whether or not she could make the substance not lethal--because the idea of enhanced brain stimulation was something she wouldn't mind trying out.

Remy nodded her head, "from the preliminary test results we did it would seem so, further testing will reveal more information. I would like to look into an antidote to counteract it in case it is weaponized." Remy stated, closing the file and looking to Lilly for any more questions.

"Well, I'd like to be kept informed," Lillian explained, nodding and then rubbing her temples. "I want to know the things that are going on, on this ship, and this is important. I have a feeling this narcotic is only the beginning of whatever the big master plan is."

Remy nodded her head in agreement, "It has the potential to be weaponized, Mr. Lucas is going to look into its origins, I recommend discussing it with him. That is...if you're comfortable talking to him." Remy added that last part in as a gesture of friendship, she really was trying.

"I...I can handle anything," Lillian said with a smile. "Everything happens the way its supposed to, right? Well...I guess we see how it all goes. He's back, I just hope he's staying."
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com

Lilly/Remy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USS Fenris :: Mission Center :: Joint Posts-
Jump to: