USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. Empty
PostSubject: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:34 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBA

Gabe stepped out of his office, cup of tea in hand. He looked around the still battered and broken engine room, Though at least someone had cleaned his bloodstain of the Master Systems Display. He placed his cup on the MSD and called up the latest repair reports. Hull integrity at 58 percent, main weapons still offline, EPS grid running at 74 percent, Warp nacelles damaged but at least the hairline cracks hadn't opened out any more and that wasn't even a quarter of the list, His people were doing the best they could but it was an uphill battle.

"Well glad i got medical leave for a day..." He said shaking his head, "We really need a dry dock, no way we can repair most of this."

Pulling off his uniform wasitcoat he rolled up his shirt sleeves and took a drink. He started searching the list for a place to start working as he heard the doors slide open, He saw a young man in command red walk inside.

"Mornin' there, anything i can do for ya before i spend the next god knows how long working my ass off?" He asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:16 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBA

Gabe stepped out of his office, cup of tea in hand. He looked around the still battered and broken engine room, Though at least someone had cleaned his bloodstain of the Master Systems Display. He placed his cup on the MSD and called up the latest repair reports. Hull integrity at 58 percent, main weapons still offline, EPS grid running at 74 percent, Warp nacelles damaged but at least the hairline cracks hadn't opened out any more and that wasn't even a quarter of the list, His people were doing the best they could but it was an uphill battle.

"Well glad i got medical leave for a day..." He said shaking his head, "We really need a dry dock, no way we can repair most of this."

Pulling off his uniform wasitcoat he rolled up his shirt sleeves and took a drink. He started searching the list for a place to start working as he heard the doors slide open, He saw a young man in command red walk inside.

"Mornin' there, anything i can do for ya before i spend the next god knows how long working my ass off?" He asked with a smile.

Kalen had been thinking, wandering the halls rather aimlessly before he had come to the engineering bay doors. Seemingly it all came back to doors like these. He stood in front of them for a few moments before stepping inside. As he did, he immediately spotted the chief. This was his bay and Kalen was a stranger, a visitor. He paused for a moment before approaching further inside, gazing around.

"Good morning sir. And actually, I was curious if there was perhaps something I could do for you on my offduty time. My last station I was an engineer on the Arjento. And I don't like to have time off, sitting on my hands isn't exactly something I can stand sir. So I was wondering if you needed an extra pair around here?" He smiled back at the man. Yes, the helm would always be his station. But a part of him knew that engineering was a second home for him. Something about getting his hands dirty made Kalen happy. And he wasn't afraid to do it. The ship certainly needed every little bit it could get.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:41 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBA

Kalen had been thinking, wandering the halls rather aimlessly before he had come to the engineering bay doors. Seemingly it all came back to doors like these. He stood in front of them for a few moments before stepping inside. As he did, he immediately spotted the chief. This was his bay and Kalen was a stranger, a visitor. He paused for a moment before approaching further inside, gazing around.

"Good morning sir. And actually, I was curious if there was perhaps something I could do for you on my offduty time. My last station I was an engineer on the Arjento. And I don't like to have time off, sitting on my hands isn't exactly something I can stand sir. So I was wondering if you needed an extra pair around here?" He smiled back at the man. Yes, the helm would always be his station. But a part of him knew that engineering was a second home for him. Something about getting his hands dirty made Kalen happy. And he wasn't afraid to do it. The ship certainly needed every little bit it could get.

Gabe shook his head again, though this time he had a smile on his face, "Ya sound way too much like me kiddo, Fairly certain i used pretty much that line when i transfered to Starbase 7. But anyway." He started offering Kalen his hand, "Name's Gabriel Sharpe, please to meet ya."

He watched the LT carefully and waited for his reaction, in truth the youngest worried him slightly as in truth he DID remind Gabe a lot of himself until recently, It had been Marissa that have given Gabe a reason to stop working himself so hard and actually have a life outside the room he was currently stood in.
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBA

Gabe shook his head again, though this time he had a smile on his face, "Ya sound way too much like me kiddo, Fairly certain i used pretty much that line when i transfered to Starbase 7. But anyway." He started offering Kalen his hand, "Name's Gabriel Sharpe, please to meet ya."

He watched the LT carefully and waited for his reaction, in truth the youngest worried him slightly as in truth he DID remind Gabe a lot of himself until recently, It had been Marissa that have given Gabe a reason to stop working himself so hard and actually have a life outside the room he was currently stood in.

He nodded to the man, "Well I hope for my sake that's a good thing sir. After all, idle hands are the devil's tools. Or some such thing." He grinned and shook the man's hand. "Kalen Gespard. And it is my pleasure sir. I hope I can be of good use to you." He looked around the engineering bay for a moment or three. With fewer nacelles, this ship wasn't going to be as complex to learn her ins and outs. He hoped that the work here could take his mind off everything else.

Kalen went to one of the displays to look at the amount of work that needed doing and marveled at the sheer magnanimity of it all. "Where should I get started?" He would be able to help with all of this work, but if they didn't stay docked at the station he had been told of by the captain, they wouldn't be ready to respond to hardly any sort of distress call if it needed any combat expertise. This ship was battered, but she would hold for now. She just needed love to be ready to give it her all again.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:31 am

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBA

Gabe stepped out of his office, cup of tea in hand. He looked around the still battered and broken engine room, Though at least someone had cleaned his bloodstain off the Master Systems Display. He placed his cup on the MSD and called up the latest repair reports. Hull integrity at 58 percent, main weapons still offline, EPS grid running at 74 percent, Warp nacelles damaged but at least the hairline cracks hadn't opened out any more and that wasn't even a quarter of the list, His people were doing the best they could but it was an uphill battle.

He nodded to the man, "Well I hope for my sake that's a good thing sir. After all, idle hands are the devil's tools. Or some such thing." He grinned and shook the man's hand. "Kalen Gespard. And it is my pleasure sir. I hope I can be of good use to you." He looked around the engineering bay for a moment or three. With fewer nacelles, this ship wasn't going to be as complex to learn her ins and outs. He hoped that the work here could take his mind off everything else.

Kalen went to one of the displays to look at the amount of work that needed doing and marveled at the sheer magnanimity of it all. "Where should I get started?" He would be able to help with all of this work, but if they didn't stay docked at the station he had been told of by the captain, they wouldn't be ready to respond to hardly any sort of distress call if it needed any combat expertise. This ship was battered, but she would hold for now. She just needed love to be ready to give it her all again.

Gabe handed Kalen a PADD with a large list of damaged systems, "There's the list, ya can do what i'm gonna do, pick a random place and start there." He chuckled, "I won't lie to ya, we've got a lot to repair before we can do much, hell we're limited to warp 6 until we can get to dry dock and there's little we can do about that unless ya wanna go EVA and start rebuilding the Nacelle pylons oh and that large hole in deck 14."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 am

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBA

Gabe stepped out of his office, cup of tea in hand. He looked around the still battered and broken engine room, Though at least someone had cleaned his bloodstain off the Master Systems Display. He placed his cup on the MSD and called up the latest repair reports. Hull integrity at 58 percent, main weapons still offline, EPS grid running at 74 percent, Warp nacelles damaged but at least the hairline cracks hadn't opened out any more and that wasn't even a quarter of the list, His people were doing the best they could but it was an uphill battle.

Gabe handed Kalen a PADD with a large list of damaged systems, "There's the list, ya can do what i'm gonna do, pick a random place and start there." He chuckled, "I won't lie to ya, we've got a lot to repair before we can do much, hell we're limited to warp 6 until we can get to dry dock and there's little we can do about that unless ya wanna go EVA and start rebuilding the Nacelle pylons oh and that large hole in deck 14."

He took the PADD and walked over the list in his mind. He grabbed the things he would need for the majority of the jobs and just figured he would start at the top of the list and work his way down until they reached dry dock. Like Gabriel said, there wasn't much he could do for the nacelles. He was crazy and loved a good idea when he heard one, but going EVA without hardly any knowledge of how to repair a nacelle wasn't his idea of one. He chuckled, "Well I figure I'll get as much as I can done with the time that I have today and every day that I'm off duty. I'm sure we'll see quite a bit of one another sir. Thank you." And with that he got to work.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Ya wanna leave it there or carry on a bit?
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 pm

(That'll do for now if it looks good for you.)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Works for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.   Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gabe/Kalen, The day after the day off before.
Page 1 of 1