USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Craes and the Lucas'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

The Craes and the Lucas' Empty
PostSubject: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:33 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388
||TBD in my next reply

The shuttles had been late, but they were still coming in and docking in the Fenris just as it had been planned. One shuttle in particular, had family members that had only just met for the ride and some were far more friendly than others and for very evident reasons. Right now, Kara Crae was dealing with her 2 year-old baby girl as Leonard Crae, her husband, was dealing with their sons, Garrett and Liam, 8 and 6 respectively. Then there were ambassadors Leona and Minas Crae who were talking to their youngest child, Megan, who kept eying Taylor's parents, but then looking away.

Garrett, wasn't so much looking away.

He was rather focused on his cousin's step-grandfather's glasses, wondering what they were made out of and how terrible his sight was without them. Leonard was dealing with Liam at the moment because Liam was bothering his little sister, who desperately needed a nap, and so Garrett felt like he could do whatever it was that he wanted. That included striking up conversation with the two people that would eventually be part of his family and family, to the Craes, was the most important thing in life.

"How bad is your eye sight?" Garrett asked Taylor's father. "You're a doctor, so shouldn't you have perfect vision?"
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:03 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388
||TBD in my next reply

The shuttles had been late, but they were still coming in and docking in the Fenris just as it had been planned. One shuttle in particular, had family members that had only just met for the ride and some were far more friendly than others and for very evident reasons. Right now, Kara Crae was dealing with her 2 year-old baby girl as Leonard Crae, her husband, was dealing with their sons, Garrett and Liam, 8 and 6 respectively. Then there were ambassadors Leona and Minas Crae who were talking to their youngest child, Megan, who kept eying Taylor's parents, but then looking away.

He was rather focused on his cousin's step-grandfather's glasses, wondering what they were made out of and how terrible his sight was without them. Leonard was dealing with Liam at the moment because Liam was bothering his little sister, who desperately needed a nap, and so Garrett felt like he could do whatever it was that he wanted. That included striking up conversation with the three people that would eventually be part of his family and family, to the Craes, was the most important thing in life.

"How bad is your eye sight?" Garrett asked Taylor's father. "You're a doctor, so shouldn't you have perfect vision?"

The man who Garrett had been addressing seemed to peer at him with the same icy blue eyes as his marine son possessed as if analysing the Betazoid with critical workings. Doctor Gareth Lucas was a thin man with neatly kept facial hair and spectacles that he was fond of, preferring to wear them than use the latest technical innovation to correct his eyesight. Gareth was wondering how this boy knew both his profession and the fact that correctional lenses would be used for such a purpose.

"Perfection my dear boy is a matter of perspective." said Gareth in his soft, Scottish accented voice. "Take these spectacles...glass which has been created in a way to refract light in such a way that my retinal shortcomings are much more innovative than a simple laser correction procedure."

A blonde middle aged woman beside him seem to smile fondly at the doctor, pecking his cheek while an elderly man in a somewhat outdated Starfleet uniform sat beside them with a cane in hand seemed to look rather pleased with the whole event. His red jacket was adorned with medals and ribbons with a Master Chief Petty Officer rank pin stuck on a grey lapel showing him to be from the navigation department. "Ah, Betazoids!" he said happily as if he was rather joyous to be on a shuttle with such a race. "You know Gareth." said Sashenka, Taylor's grandfather in his heavy Russian accent. "You could have been half Betazoid with the amount of leave I took there. The people; so accommodating. The cities; so clean and the woman....bozhe moĭ....it pained my heart that Taylor's first time there would be in battle."

Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:29 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

He was rather focused on his cousin's step-grandfather's glasses, wondering what they were made out of and how terrible his sight was without them. Leonard was dealing with Liam at the moment because Liam was bothering his little sister, who desperately needed a nap, and so Garrett felt like he could do whatever it was that he wanted. That included striking up conversation with the three people that would eventually be part of his family and family, to the Craes, was the most important thing in life.

The man who Garrett had been addressing seemed to peer at him with the same icy blue eyes as his marine son possessed as if analysing the Betazoid with critical workings. Doctor Gareth Lucas was a thin man with neatly kept facial hair and spectacles that he was fond of, preferring to wear them than use the latest technical innovation to correct his eyesight. Gareth was wondering how this boy knew both his profession and the fact that correctional lenses would be used for such a purpose.

"Perfection my dear boy is a matter of perspective." said Gareth in his soft, Scottish accented voice. "Take these spectacles...glass which has been created in a way to refract light in such a way that my retinal shortcomings are much more innovative than a simple laser correction procedure."

A blonde middle aged woman beside him seem to smile fondly at the doctor, pecking his cheek while an elderly man in a somewhat outdated Starfleet uniform sat beside them with a cane in hand seemed to look rather pleased with the whole event. His red jacket was adorned with medals and ribbons with a Master Chief Petty Officer rank pin stuck on a grey lapel showing him to be from the navigation department. "Ah, Betazoids!" he said happily as if he was rather joyous to be on a shuttle with such a race. "You know Gareth." said Sashenka, Taylor's grandfather in his heavy Russian accent. "You could have been half Betazoid with the amount of leave I took there. The people; so accommodating. The cities; so clean and the woman....bozhe moĭ....it pained my heart that Taylor's first time there would be in battle."

"He met Aunt Lilly there," Liam spoke up, sidling up next to his brother. "She's a really good doctor, but she's a captain now..."

"Have they ever fallen off into a body during a surgery?" Garrett asked, still curious.

Kara sighed and walked over to her sons. "You know, it's not like you can't ask other doctors questions--your mother is one. He asks lots of questions."

"He could be taking out my appendix and drop the glasses in my torso!" Garrett protested, looking up at his mother.

She laughed at him and shook her head, looking at the three Lucas' and smiling at them because they were to be family soon. Kara had really hoped to meet Renee, but she would take what she would get and wanted to meet Lillian's new in-laws more formally. So she held out her hand and looked them in the eyes, other hand on Garrett's shoulder.

"Kara Crae--these too hoodlums' mother," Kara said gently.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:40 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

"He met Aunt Lilly there," Liam spoke up, sidling up next to his brother. "She's a really good doctor, but she's a captain now..."

"Have they ever fallen off into a body during a surgery?" Garrett asked, still curious.

Kara sighed and walked over to her sons. "You know, it's not like you can't ask other doctors questions--your mother is one. He asks lots of questions."

"He could be taking out my appendix and drop the glasses in my torso!" Garrett protested, looking up at his mother.

She laughed at him and shook her head, looking at the three Lucas' and smiling at them because they were to be family soon. Kara had really hoped to meet Renee, but she would take what she would get and wanted to meet Lillian's new in-laws more formally. So she held out her hand and looked them in the eyes, other hand on Garrett's shoulder.

"I of course keep them firmly secured during surgery." replied Gareth calmly at such a childish and ignorant question. "And of course we've never even heard of this 'Lillian' apart from our daughter, Colonel Reneé Lucas. It seems that my son wishes to keep his swashbuckling adventures to himself. And...Doctor Gareth Lucas my dear, a pleasure."

"Doctor Mary Lucas." added Taylor's mother rather sweetly, shaking Kara's hand.

"You my dear, may call me Sashenka." said the elderly man, kissing the back of the Betazoid's hand. "And I have heard tales of this Lillian. Taylor tells me she is a fair creature with a gentle soul, something my grandson needs to tame his somewhat fiery temperament. Unlike my good son, I have heard of his many a swash and many a buckle." As Sashenka spoke it was in the booming deepness of a jovial old man just enjoying life to the fullest. He had buried a wife which was an ache to him and forever feared burying two grandchildren; Taylor and Reneé who had both offered their lives to Starfleet. He tried to counter these fears with a laid back and gentle nature.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

"I of course keep them firmly secured during surgery." replied Gareth calmly at such a childish and ignorant question. "And of course we've never even heard of this 'Lillian' apart from our daughter, Colonel Reneé Lucas. It seems that my son wishes to keep his swashbuckling adventures to himself. And...Doctor Gareth Lucas my dear, a pleasure."

"You my dear, may call me Sashenka." said the elderly man, kissing the back of the Betazoid's hand. "And I have heard tales of this Lillian. Taylor tells me she is a fair creature with a gentle soul, something my grandson needs to tame his somewhat fiery temperament. Unlike my good son, I have heard of his many a swash and many a buckle." As Sashenka spoke it was in the booming deepness of a jovial old man just enjoying life to the fullest. He had buried a wife which was an ache to him and forever feared burying two grandchildren; Taylor and Reneé who had both offered their lives to Starfleet. He tried to counter these fears with a laid back and gentle nature.

"Doctors--that will make Lilly feel quite at home," Kara said with a smile, sending the kids off to be with their dad and taking a seat, smiling at Sashenka. "Hopefully she will prove the tales don't do her justice in person. You'll be gaining a granddaughter and some great-grandchildren, you must be very happy. I'm sure the two will have more than the bundle of joy coming in the next four months to add to your family."

Speaking about family always made Kara brighten right up and she ran her fingers through her short blonde hair and glanced over at her husband with their three children and then at Leona and Minas who were fully aware of the conversation taking place. Minas even got up and came to sit down next to Kara, offering his hand out as well to Gareth, Mary and Sashenka to greet them warmly. He hoped they'd all be seeing a great deal more of each other, but the Lucas' didn't seem to want to be here as much as the Craes--sans Sashenka anyway.

"Ambassador Minas Crae. That is my wife, also an ambassador, Leona, our son Leonard, who is our eldest, Megan, our youngest as Lillian is our middle child and you've already met our daughter-in-law and our grandchildren." Minas said, introducing everyone. "You've never met my daughter, eh? We had never met Taylor until recently but we heard quite a bit about him and his escapades in her room after we got control of Betazed back during the war. I assure you, you're obtaining quite the daughter. Beautiful, bright, protective--everything a woman should be, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:59 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

"Doctors--that will make Lilly feel quite at home," Kara said with a smile, sending the kids off to be with their dad and taking a seat, smiling at Sashenka. "Hopefully she will prove the tales don't do her justice in person. You'll be gaining a granddaughter and some great-grandchildren, you must be very happy. I'm sure the two will have more than the bundle of joy coming in the next four months to add to your family."

Speaking about family always made Kara brighten right up and she ran her fingers through her short blonde hair and glanced over at her husband with their three children and then at Leona and Minas who were fully aware of the conversation taking place. Minas even got up and came to sit down next to Kara, offering his hand out as well to Gareth, Mary and Sashenka to greet them warmly. He hoped they'd all be seeing a great deal more of each other, but the Lucas' didn't seem to want to be here as much as the Craes--sans Sashenka anyway.

"Ambassador Minas Crae. That is my wife, also an ambassador, Leona, our son Leonard, who is our eldest, Megan, our youngest as Lillian is our middle child and you've already met our daughter-in-law and our grandchildren." Minas said, introducing everyone. "You've never met my daughter, eh? We had never met Taylor until recently but we heard quite a bit about him and his escapades in her room after we got control of Betazed back during the war. I assure you, you're obtaining quite the daughter. Beautiful, bright, protective--everything a woman should be, right?"

Once handshakes were exchanged Gareth seemed to mull over Minas' quip about Lillian with another one of his critical stares. "I may be gaining quite the daughter but what about you gaining nothing more than a son who wishes to embellish himself in cavalier adventures? Did you know he could have been anything in any position...a doctor...an engineer...and he chooses to be a marine? I have not spoken to him in over twenty years. I can see him not being all that happy to see me..."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

Once handshakes were exchanged Gareth seemed to mull over Minas' quip about Lillian with another one of his critical stares. "I may be gaining quite the daughter but what about you gaining nothing more than a son who wishes to embellish himself in cavalier adventures? Did you know he could have been anything in any position...a doctor...an engineer...and he chooses to be a marine? I have not spoken to him in over twenty years. I can see him not being all that happy to see me..."

"He followed his heart--seems to me like you raised a good, passionate, brave son to give up so much to benefit others who can't help themselves..." Minas explained, certainly standing up for Taylor. "Can't say I'm the most excited about him potentially having to jump at a moment's notice for the sake of duty, but he's putting everything he can into what he wants and he wants my daughter and a family on top of all of it."

Kara smiled and nodded. "I think Taylor's a great addition to the family. He's protective and brave and it's not like he can't use what you taught him. Unless...there's something else about him we should know?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:42 am

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

"He followed his heart--seems to me like you raised a good, passionate, brave son to give up so much to benefit others who can't help themselves..." Minas explained, certainly standing up for Taylor. "Can't say I'm the most excited about him potentially having to jump at a moment's notice for the sake of duty, but he's putting everything he can into what he wants and he wants my daughter and a family on top of all of it."

Kara smiled and nodded. "I think Taylor's a great addition to the family. He's protective and brave and it's not like he can't use what you taught him. Unless...there's something else about him we should know?"

"He is nothing more than a simple hotheaded fool who charges into things without proper prior thought." snapped Gareth before his face settled into a more neutral state. He took off his glasses and wiped them on a neat handkerchief with a heavy sigh. "Taylor could have helped people another way. You know as a teenager he would read all my medical notes...he had the makings on a grand future to becoming a highly successful doctor. But no, he had to follow your advice." Gareth leered at Sashenka for the last part which the old man simply chuckled at.

"I merely reminded Taylor that our linage has fought, bled and on occasion given their lives for Earth and for the Federation. He wanted to be something more, do something more than fester in some sickbay. He wanted to do his own thing. Did I ever say 'Gareth, you wanting to become a doctor has shamed our tradition'? No. You drove the wedge between you and Taylor."

It seemed Gareth was about to say something else until Mary glared at him into silence. The woman then smiled at the Craes. "It will be good to see Taylor and Reneé again, and it will be good to see our son all grown up no doubt in uniform with his new wife." she said sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 am

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

She laughed at him and shook her head, looking at the three Lucas' and smiling at them because they were to be family soon. Kara had really hoped to meet Reneé, but she would take what she would get and wanted to meet Lillian's new in-laws more formally. So she held out her hand and looked them in the eyes, other hand on Garrett's shoulder.

"He is nothing more than a simple hotheaded fool who charges into things without proper prior thought." snapped Gareth before his face settled into a more neutral state. He took off his glasses and wiped them on a neat handkerchief with a heavy sigh. "Taylor could have helped people another way. You know as a teenager he would read all my medical notes...he had the makings on a grand future to becoming a highly successful doctor. But no, he had to follow your advice." Gareth leered at Sashenka for the last part which the old man simply chuckled at.

"I merely reminded Taylor that our linage has fought, bled and on occasion given their lives for Earth and for the Federation. He wanted to be something more, do something more than fester in some sickbay. He wanted to do his own thing. Did I ever say 'Gareth, you wanting to become a doctor has shamed our tradition'? No. You drove the wedge between you and Taylor."

It seemed Gareth was about to say something else until Mary glared at him into silence. The woman then smiled at the Craes. "It will be good to see Taylor and Reneé again, and it will be good to see our son all grown up no doubt in uniform with his new wife." she said sweetly.

Minas shifted uncomfortably in his chair because on the one hand he understood and on the other hand he really didn't. He too had wanted his children to follow in his footsteps and become ambassadors for his people like their parents, but they had chosen their own paths and only Megan had even decided to be a diplomat. It was about what their children wanted to do--what they had the heart to do--not about following some pre-laid path that was in front of them.

"I wanted my children to be diplomats like my wife and I, but they all chose different paths--except Megan. They still help people as I always taught them to do and I'm proud of them just the same because they're doing what they want to do with heart. Twenty years is a long time, Gareth...Taylor has undoubtedly matured since then and is going to be a father." Minas told him. "Just because he didn't become a doctor, doesn't mean he's failed--he's helped countless people and if something bad happens to him, he's marrying a doctor, so she can patch him right up."

Kara nodded and smiled at Mary. "I really can't wait for you to meet Lilly--she's a beautiful young woman. She and Taylor are lucky to have found each other and I'm certain their baby will be the cutest thing."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:57 am

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

She laughed at him and shook her head, looking at the three Lucas' and smiling at them because they were to be family soon. Kara had really hoped to meet Reneé, but she would take what she would get and wanted to meet Lillian's new in-laws more formally. So she held out her hand and looked them in the eyes, other hand on Garrett's shoulder.

Minas shifted uncomfortably in his chair because on the one hand he understood and on the other hand he really didn't. He too had wanted his children to follow in his footsteps and become ambassadors for his people like their parents, but they had chosen their own paths and only Megan had even decided to be a diplomat. It was about what their children wanted to do--what they had the heart to do--not about following some pre-laid path that was in front of them.

"I wanted my children to be diplomats like my wife and I, but they all chose different paths--except Megan. They still help people as I always taught them to do and I'm proud of them just the same because they're doing what they want to do with heart. Twenty years is a long time, Gareth...Taylor has undoubtedly matured since then and is going to be a father." Minas told him. "Just because he didn't become a doctor, doesn't mean he's failed--he's helped countless people and if something bad happens to him, he's marrying a doctor, so she can patch him right up."

Kara nodded and smiled at Mary. "I really can't wait for you to meet Lilly--she's a beautiful young woman. She and Taylor are lucky to have found each other and I'm certain their baby will be the cutest thing."

"At least Lillian had the good sense to follow a profession that directly helps people, not going on some warpath with the idea of claiming to be a 'protector'. All this will do is ensure that child grows up without a father and that she will grow old without a husband. It seems his selfish nature knows no bounds."

Mary seemed rather flustered with her husband's ability to darken such a glorious occassion but it seemed he had that down to a tee. The elderly man just sighed and rolled his eyes before looking at his son before looking at Minas. Hopefully age and wisdom would count for something. "I used to be a gunner on board a torpedo boat...about the same size as this shuttle. Maybe bigger. We were charged, with five other of these boats, to defend a space station along the Klingon border. Could you imagine a shuttle going up against a Bird-of-Prey and surviving? Even with a wife, even with a child, I carried out my duty. Other men and women had families and they too would be leaving people behind if thet fell. What would it say about me if I simply packed up and went home? Taylor believes this, as I believe; to fight for the Federation is a duty. To die for the citizens of the Federation is a privilage. He has been trained to think of himself as part of a unit, as a team. This is what my son and all others seem to forget. He fights for us, all of us as I once did."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 am

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

"At least Lillian had the good sense to follow a profession that directly helps people, not going on some warpath with the idea of claiming to be a 'protector'. All this will do is ensure that child grows up without a father and that she will grow old without a husband. It seems his selfish nature knows no bounds."

Mary seemed rather flustered with her husband's ability to darken such a glorious occasion but it seemed he had that down to a tee. The elderly man just sighed and rolled his eyes before looking at his son before looking at Minas. Hopefully age and wisdom would count for something. "I used to be a gunner on board a torpedo boat...about the same size as this shuttle. Maybe bigger. We were charged, with five other of these boats, to defend a space station along the Klingon border. Could you imagine a shuttle going up against a Bird-of-Prey and surviving? Even with a wife, even with a child, I carried out my duty. Other men and women had families and they too would be leaving people behind if they fell. What would it say about me if I simply packed up and went home? Taylor believes this, as I believe; to fight for the Federation is a duty. To die for the citizens of the Federation is a privilege. He has been trained to think of himself as part of a unit, as a team. This is what my son and all others seem to forget. He fights for us, all of us as I once did."

"Yes, and we're thankful for that," Minas admitted with a nod, smiling at Sashenka. "Someone has to fight and if that someone has to be Taylor than so be it. He's been through a lot and made it out, and I believe in him. I wouldn't be letting him marry my daughter if I didn't see some worth in the man."

Leonard nodded at that, choosing to speak up. "Someday Taylor will retire and when that day comes he will put even more of your teachings to good use. He wants to have a family and a life, but he feels he needs to earn it, I think. He's saved many people--my sister included--and someday all of his hard work will pay off and he'll get to sit back and thoroughly enjoy his life. When he holds that little baby in his arms, he'll just see more to fight for and he should...you become more protective when you become a parent and I think Taylor will find his way. Perhaps it's a little bit selfish, Doctor, but he does his job honorably."

"While the rest of us don't see eye to eye with him all the time, he doesn't need us to stand behind him to make his choice," Megan told them all, agreeing with some of what all of them were saying. "In the end it doesn't matter what we think...it matters what Lilly and Taylor think. They will do what they think is best for their family and we all just have to accept it. We don't have to agree with them, but they don't have to answer to us--they're adults now."

When it came to situations like these--and like many other--the Crae family always seemed to band together even if they didn't fully agree. They all agree on one very important thing: family. While they knew that Taylor would always put his duty first, they knew that Taylor thought he had a duty to Lilly and their children as well and they had faith in him. After all, even though Lillian was taking on the 'Lucas' name, Taylor was also in a sense becoming a 'Crae'.

"Maybe we all have to agree to disagree?" Kara asked them.

Leona chuckled and nodded. "Very diplomatic, Kara."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:46 am

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

Mary seemed rather flustered with her husband's ability to darken such a glorious occasion but it seemed he had that down to a tee. The elderly man just sighed and rolled his eyes before looking at his son before looking at Minas. Hopefully age and wisdom would count for something. "I used to be a gunner on board a torpedo boat...about the same size as this shuttle. Maybe bigger. We were charged, with five other of these boats, to defend a space station along the Klingon border. Could you imagine a shuttle going up against a Bird-of-Prey and surviving? Even with a wife, even with a child, I carried out my duty. Other men and women had families and they too would be leaving people behind if they fell. What would it say about me if I simply packed up and went home? Taylor believes this, as I believe; to fight for the Federation is a duty. To die for the citizens of the Federation is a privilege. He has been trained to think of himself as part of a unit, as a team. This is what my son and all others seem to forget. He fights for us, all of us as I once did."

"Yes, and we're thankful for that," Minas admitted with a nod, smiling at Sashenka. "Someone has to fight and if that someone has to be Taylor than so be it. He's been through a lot and made it out, and I believe in him. I wouldn't be letting him marry my daughter if I didn't see some worth in the man."

Leonard nodded at that, choosing to speak up. "Someday Taylor will retire and when that day comes he will put even more of your teachings to good use. He wants to have a family and a life, but he feels he needs to earn it, I think. He's saved many people--my sister included--and someday all of his hard work will pay off and he'll get to sit back and thoroughly enjoy his life. When he holds that little baby in his arms, he'll just see more to fight for and he should...you become more protective when you become a parent and I think Taylor will find his way. Perhaps it's a little bit selfish, Doctor, but he does his job honorably."

"While the rest of us don't see eye to eye with him all the time, he doesn't need us to stand behind him to make his choice," Megan told them all, agreeing with some of what all of them were saying. "In the end it doesn't matter what we think...it matters what Lilly and Taylor think. They will do what they think is best for their family and we all just have to accept it. We don't have to agree with them, but they don't have to answer to us--they're adults now."

When it came to situations like these--and like many other--the Crae family always seemed to band together even if they didn't fully agree. They all agree on one very important thing: family. While they knew that Taylor would always put his duty first, they knew that Taylor thought he had a duty to Lilly and their children as well and they had faith in him. After all, even though Lillian was taking on the 'Lucas' name, Taylor was also in a sense becoming a 'Crae'.

The bespectacled man seemed to look defeated and said no more, not wishing to cause an argument to sour relationships. Mary seemed rather proud of this since Taylor got his stubborn desire to always get the last word in from his father. Of course Sashenka was beaming, looking out of the window and seeing a sleek, newfangled ship that he had recognised from pictures from the Federation News Service as well as holographic post cards.

"Oh, Reneé is here."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:55 pm

||Nevis>USS Fenris
||En Route to the Fenris
||April 10, 2388

The bespectacled man seemed to look defeated and said no more, not wishing to cause an argument to sour relationships. Mary seemed rather proud of this since Taylor got his stubborn desire to always get the last word in from his father. Of course Sashenka was beaming, looking out of the window and seeing a sleek, newfangled ship that he had recognised from pictures from the Federation News Service as well as holographic post cards.

"Oh, Reneé is here."

The Craes didn't particularly wish to argue with their future family anymore either, so they smiled at the mention of Reneé. They were glad to extend the hand of friendship to someone else and welcome her into the family with open hearts and open arms. Kara was the first to speak up, Megan coming over to her and standing close as she looked out the window and thought about how things might escalate this nest few days.

"More family," Kara said merrily, Megan laughing.

Megan rested her hand on her sister-in-law's shoulder and shook her head. "What a bunch we're going to be..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Craes and the Lucas'   The Craes and the Lucas' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Craes and the Lucas'
Page 1 of 1