USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marlo/Gabe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

Marlo/Gabe Empty
PostSubject: Marlo/Gabe   Marlo/Gabe I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm

||USS Fenris
||Engineering
||1015 hours

As the doors opened in front of Marlo, she smiled and took in all the familiar sights and sounds of Engineering. Even though this particular engineering department was not her domain, she still felt more at home amidst the near silent whirring, of the antimatter injectors than she probably ever would on the Bridge. This was now Gabe's space, not hers--and although everyone here answered to her anyways, she missed having her own team of Engineers at her command.

Marlo located Gabe's familiar face almost immediately, doing what she assumed was a diagnostic on the plasma manifolds. Seeing him in the gold uniform, made her almost wish she hadn't jumped at the chance to be on a ship again.

"Moving up in the world, I see, Gabe. So, how do you like being Chief Engineer again?" Marlo asked, knowing that Gabe had been one before he came to serve aboard Starbase 7 under her management.

Gabe smiled, wiping his hands on the leg of his uniform. He'd spent the last few hours deep in the bowels of the ship, making repairs to pretty much everything.

"Being knee deep in lubricant, Isolinear Chips and off cuts of metal? It's like heaven." He replied, "and the chance to get my hands on a Luna class ship is something I just had to take."

After his time on Starbase 7 as Ops Chief he was happier then ever now he was Chief Engineer again.

"I'm surprised ya gave it up, though that red seems to fit ya pretty well."

Marlo laughed, and looked around. "I do miss it--Engineering is my comfort zone,but it's one more step up on the ladder to Admiral--a necessary step I had to take sooner or later. And I figured the sooner I took it, the easier it would be to give it up. One of these days, if you come in and find me here on my day off, don't give it a second thought."

As much as Marlo meant it as a joke, the alloyed fact was that it was true. It was most definitely a trait, all engineers seemed to have. It was nice to know she wasn't alone it that.

"Oh please, the first day I was on Starbase 7 I asked ya for a job." Gabe replied, "So no worries, I of all people understand that this place can be a comfort zone, I've done many things over the years, and that's a fair few things, and yet here is one of the few places I feel comfortable."

"Good luck on that road to Admiral, personally I'm more then content here." He added.

Marlo laughed. "Well I'll leave you to your business--if there's anything you need, just let me know. I'm serious...K'nok said the ship took a beating, but you guys look like you're being run ragged with repairs. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't itching to pick up a hyper-spanner to help with repairs. I am a genius with ship wide repairs."

She gave a shrug and a lopsided grin--not trying to brag, but she did want something to do.

Gabe smiled, "Well ya welcome whenever ya fancy something else ta do X." He'd worked with Marlo before and knew what she could do, in all honesty he was kind of glad she'd taken the job as the ship's XO, it left Engineering open for him to be where he wanted to be. Of all the things he'd done over the last few years, Chief of Operations, Spec Ops Combat Engineer, Support ship commander... Engineering was still the place he felt at his best.

Marlo smiled. "I just might take you up on that."
Back to top Go down

Marlo/Gabe
Page 1 of 1