USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 2: Olean Surface

Go down 
+2
Sergeni Kostev
Josalyn Dorne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain
Josalyn Dorne

Episode 2: Olean Surface Empty
PostSubject: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 am

||Olean

Elena was really dreading being on Taylor's team when they split up, having hoped to end up with Marlo--Marlo she actually liked and respected. Taylor had pissed her off the moment that they had met and he was still calling her 'Spots' which just pissed her off more and honestly even if it got her in trouble she was done with this. She didn't have to take this and she wouldn't. They were here because she had requested it and Lillian had told her that was alright anyway and now she was here to do what she wanted.

"I'd rather be with the redhead..." Elena said sighing loudly. "And another thing, you might outrank me, but don't call me 'Spots'. I mean it."

Even when Nayla had called her that it had made her a little frustrated, but she certainly didn't mind it from her as much as she minded it from Taylor. He didn't know her and he had been incredibly rude to her when they had met and they were not friends. They were simply colleagues and he was going to show her some respect and that was that. It didn't matter to her that Taylor outranked her because to her position was important and so was professionalism.

"I know that you're screwing the captain's brains out, but this is work." Elena continued, pushing past Taylor to follow her tricorder towards a patch of plants off in the near distance. "Be a professional and use my title. We don't do nicknames."

<Tags: Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:13 am

||Olean

"Oh your title." said Taylor in a mock musing way. "Of course lieutenant." finished the marine who had a big grin on his face. He led the way with some sweeps of his phaser carbine before perching himself on a rock that overlooked the beam in site. At least from here Taylor could keep an eye out for the little tricorder lovers while he got to enjoy being outdoors. He let Elena scan away while he made sure the area was secure. Happy that it was he took out a bag of tobacco, paper and a filter and began to roll himself a cigarette. Once the deed was done Taylor stuck it behind his ear for later use.

After satisfying his need to get to some form of high ground Taylor looked around the place and found it beautiful. He found every planet beautiful since he didn't like being cooped up on the ship. He wished Lillian was here to see this so they could share in the moment but she wasn't. Instead Taylor took out a data-capture from his pocket and began to take pictures of the plants and skyline. "Nayla told me you and her talked." said Taylor getting right down to why he wanted to speak to Elena.

"She said and I quote 'That cute doctor with the spots talked with me in the mess hall. We're becoming fast friends.' Thing you need to know about Nayla is that she's easily attached to people. She's not had an easy life, less so when I found her. So I need to know why all of a sudden you're taking an interest. I've heard people, you avoid everyone you don't need to speak to and spend most of your time either in sickbay or your quarters. So why the sudden change of heart and is it going to hurt my friend?"

tag: Elena
Back to top Go down
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain
Josalyn Dorne

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

||Olean

Elena looked at Taylor for a second and tried to figure out what it was that Taylor was actually saying to her after they'd settled in a little and he rolled his cigarette. At first she wanted to be a smart ass about his health as she'd seen his medical records but at the same time he'd mentioned Nayla and how he wanted to make sure that his friend was alright. Honestly at first Elena thought that it was none of his business, but he was looking out for his friend and Elena understood that and respected it.

"Nayla and I just talked in the Mess Hall, she's a nice girl," Elena responded with a shrug, though she was a bit worried about Nayla getting attached so easily because Elena couldn't make attachments. "After Captain Crae fixed up her leg she's been doing really well and I saw her in the Mess Hall eating alone and decided to talk to her."

Elena didn't want to talk about this anymore because she felt like Taylor was fishing for something and she wasn't very happy about that. Her personal life was her personal life and Taylor didn't have a right to try and push his way into that. If Elena ever let him in then that was her own choice but he didn't get to push. At some point, there was a line that couldn't be crossed--or at least shouldn't be crossed--and this was that line. Then again maybe she could just change the subject.

"With a kid on the way, do you really think you should be risking getting cancer again?" Elena asked him, taking a deep breath. "I think that's a better question than what my intentions are..."

Last edited by Elena Tam on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm

With Elena challenging him about health Taylor took the rolled up cigarette from behind his ear and rolled it between his thumb and finger longingly. For a moment he just stared at it before slipping the filtered tip between his lips and lighting it. Sucking down the toxic mix of gases and smoke Taylor puffed away happily before shrugging to Elena. "I've got to die of something lieutenant. I don't care about the hows and the whys." he told her as he tapped the ash away before giving another series of small draws. "Besides I was cured the first time, I can be cured again." stated the marine with a shrug.

"Nayla is a nice girl with a big heart. She's gone from thinking that everyone wants to just undress her with their eyes to thinking that everyone is her best friend. Despite her experience in travelling she's still a naive young woman. I didn't pay her owner, get her out of the life of shaking her ass on a stage for her to be hurt by a doctor with a chip on her shoulder. So yeah your intentions are pretty damn important when it comes to someone I care about."

Taylor finished his cigarette before flicking the butt to the ground and letting out one last breath of smoke. He reached for his water canteen and took a massive gulp from it before placing it back on his armour's webbing. "So come on lieutenant. Why drop the lone wolf act as soon as she shows her face? Why suddenly 'go talk' to someone when your habit is to avoid people at all costs. Are you genuiningly wanting to be a friend or do you just wanna hit that?"
Back to top Go down
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain
Josalyn Dorne

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:40 pm

||Olean

"Well, I'll be sure to remember that when your family has to go through your slow and painful death," Elena responded as she looked over some plants and then sighed. "Look, I'm not just trying to sleep with Nayla. Yeah, it's out of my norm and I wish that I could tell you why I did it, but even I don't know. I just approached."

She sighed loudly and began to collect some plant samples, thinking over the whole incident again and then looking at Taylor and sighing loudly. She just couldn't shake this feeling that there was a deeper reason as to why she had done it and that bothered her. Then her whole plan on keeping Taylor out seemed to shatter for a moment.

"My species severs ties when they die. What happens when I get too attached and then if something bad happens to me and Tam, who will keep all of my thoughts and everything I was, has to leave her for something else? That isn't fair. It isn't fair to anyone I get attached to. So, I don't do it. I don't attach myself to people. I do my fucking job and that's it." Elena explained, shrugging. "So what do you want from me, Taylor? Some promise that I won't ever leave or something? You know better than I do that promises like that can't be kept. So lets skip this speech about my intentions, shall we?"

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm

||Olean

Taylor mused Elena's statement for a moment while trying to draw a response for the Trill. Right now he just wanted to raise his hands and claim 'I'm not good at this stuff' but Taylor was too soft hearted for that. Elena was more or less opening up slightly so Taylor decided the decent thing to do was to help her through whatever doubts or thoughts she was feeling. "I'm not the one you have to make that promise to." said Taylor with a small smile as he looked at Elena.

"Lieutenant...Elena..." began the marine before drawing on the fresh air around him. "We all die alone. Some Trill excluded of course but we all die alone. But we can't live alone either otherwise we never really reach the full potential of who we could be. Sadly emotions are never fair in a way. I know that every time I put on this armour my chances of getting back to Lillian are slimmer, despite of what the armour is suppose to do because of the situations I put myself in. I know that if I die...it'll wound her deep. So do I just put down the armour in the hopes that me being safe will keep Lillian safe? Course not. I know it's not fair on her but that's how it is. I wish that the world worked differently but it doesn't."

He unslung his rifle carbine and rested it on his lap as he sat down on the mound, leaning against a tree. Taylor was enjoying the talk as much as the sunshine. "You're trying to apply logic to something that was never suppose to be logical. The love, the loyalty that this crew has for each other either because of the dangers we share or because they have a deeper relationship with other crew members is illogical. It isn't meant to be. But it is there. You get someone in sickbay you try and save them because you're a doctor but you want them to live because they're your crew, your family and if that's not the case then you shouldn't be a doctor. Just as I'd give my life for any one on board that ship. Not because I'm a marine and it's my job to fight but because this crew means so much to me. So tell me...why Nayla? This isn't an interrogation I just want to know more about the woman who's got my friend in a hot flush."
Back to top Go down
Marshall Frost
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Marshall Frost

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:47 pm

||Olean
||Ground Team

Just as Marshall had ordered, Norin and the other five in the Ground Team were setting themselves up to wait for a moment when they could scan for any of the people on the list that Marshall wanted. The others would be left to either stay on the planet or get beamed back up to the Fenris, and they were not their concern. Marshall didn't care if they were left alive or dead, so the Ground Team simply had to make sure that they were in position. The first three were easy to figure out when they were scanned from afar: Marissa Garren, Remy Life and Marlo Bakel. In that moment they knew that Marlo was the focus and they kept two men on them, the other three headed to look at the group that moved off.

When they got there, they tried scanning and realized that only one of the two was showing up on their scans even though they had a visual on him: Taylor Lucas. Had to be. He looked like the picture they'd been given, and the other checked out to be Elena Tam. It was a nice small Away Team and the other three men were perched trying to figure out how to proceed as Taylor was armored and no doubt armed and they needed him alive. He and Marlo were supposed to be delivered alive and the others he would beam off of the ship.

"Doclin," Norin said into his comm badge, "only Bakel and Lucas are here. We're readying to move in."

Marshall smiled from his position on the Fenris in an empty corridor. "Perfect. I'm on my way to see Crae, so be careful and wait for my signal."

"Understood." Norin responded with a short nod.

He took a deep breath and smiled a little bit, thinking about the kind of reward he'd be getting for a job well done. All he needed to do was stun Elena and then he could go in for Taylor with ease. The other two would back him up, as Taylor would be harder to procure than Marlo would be and the other two could handle it. She'd either wander off and they could grab her, or they'd have to incapacitate Remy and Marissa and then take Marlo that way. Either way, right now they had to wait...but they were good at that.
Back to top Go down
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain
Josalyn Dorne

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:09 pm

||Olean

Elena could tell that Taylor was kind of opening up with her, and suddenly it wasn't both of them with their guards completely up getting nasty and honest with each other. Instead Elena had let a crack in her show and Taylor was finding a way in with his words and Elena had to shake it off a moment. He was trying and she appreciated that, but she didn't feel like it was the same thing. She didn't feel like it was the same at all. If she and Nayla became close friends and she died, Nayla would still have to deal with part of Elena existing...just in a different host and unable to have any contact with her. That was why Elena had very, very few friends because leaving them behind seemed rude to her.

"Not everyone, dies alone. Sometimes you get to be surrounded by loved ones, but if you don't have loved ones to mourn you, everything is easier," she told him.

It sounded cynical--Hell, it was--but that was how she felt. If there was no one to mourn you, then when you passed no one would be hurt and that was better...it kept people safe from hurt feelings. Safe from broken hearts. That didn't stop Elena from blushing though, when Taylor told her that Nayla had been in a hot flush. It didn't make sense to her and she didn't think that Nayla had really swung that way with all their talk of looking for men to hook up with. Now she was blushing and it made her wonder what feelings she had and if she was hiding them.

"My intention is not to hurt her...it would be best for her to forget about me." Elena said finally, feeling a bit sad as she said it. "When I die, I can't stand the thought of anyone as sweet as her having to mourn me."

And with that she went back to getting samples of the plants.

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:29 pm

"Yeah well Nayla doesn't forget about people, alright?" replied Taylor. "Look just talk to her when you get back to the ship..."

However Elena had obviously given up on the conversation since she had gone off to scan some plants leaving Taylor to his rock. He stood up and surveyed the scene with his TED, mainly enjoying the landscape since the company was proving to be rather prickly. Taylor didn't mind Elena being like that but he found himself tired of telling people that the lone wolf act isn't the best one. Hell Taylor had tried it and given up on it long ago. Right now Elena needed to work and even though he was enjoying the heart-to-heart Taylor figured she'd never let him live distracting her from work that she obviously found important.

Annoyingly enough his tactical eye display showed he was being actively scanned but Taylor put that down so someone aiming a tricorder his way. "Are you scanning me? I can assure you, you ain't gonna find a thong." joked the marine who ignored the alarm. People were running loose with scanning devices so it was probably a mistake.

<tag: Ground team, elena>
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:55 am

||Olean
||Surface
||1215 hours

Marlo really didn't like the way Taylor interacted with the crew...was all the name calling really necessary? It also seemed like Elena was thoroughly torn between punching him and setting a phaser on the kill setting between his eyes and firing. She scrunched up her nose, hoping that letting the two of them be alone together wasn't the worst decision of her command stint yet. She sighed and put away her research, kneeling down amongst the flora.

After doing a thorough scan of something that resembled Allspice in both properties and looks, she took a few samples and placed them in one of the multiple small bins she'd had beamed down to hold whatever they decided to take back to the ship. since it could be used in the hypo-sprays of sedatives the medical teams could use. She sighed and turned to Remy, who had been left behind--she must have found this enjoyable as it was her field.

"How do you keep from going crazy in the science field? I mean, it's not like rewiring a dilithium chamber, where one false move has catastrophic consequences." Marlo asked suddenly.

It wasn't that Marlo hated science, she was part of the Engineering and Mechanical Sciences after all, but she'd always held the balance of a ship in her hands. She loved the activity and hubbub that went with being stationed in the bowels of a ship. Studying plants just seemed so...ordinary, when one has had the lives of every crew member in their hands as Marlo had.

<tag Remy>
Back to top Go down
Remy Life
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Remy Life

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:08 am

Remy looked up suddenly from her work at Commander Bakel, she'd been so immersed in her work she'd forgotten about the others there. Taylor and the other Medical woman were arguing up a storm, disrupting the quiet and peace of the planet, but Remy had managed to tune them out while she'd been collecting samples. Truth be told she was over the moon about the prospect of studying and making observations about the plant life, it would keep her busy and her mind working hard.

She thought over Commander Bakel's question, "I assume you like to know how things work in engineering, correct?" She asked, "It is the same for the science field, I like knowing how things work. It gives me satisfaction to understand the biological reasoning and chemical reactions of substances in our universe." She thought to herself a moment more, science was all she really had in her life. She rarely ever saw her family and she wasn't social so she had very few people to consider as 'friends', though even that was changing with Lillian's help and Taylor's protective nature. Even Aaron was making himself a more permanent part of her social interactions, she blushed thinking about their day on Tercius Prime.

"I suppose it is something that I find satisfaction in learning and studying. I assume you find the same feeling in engineering?" She said, leaning down to collect another sample and place in the bins.

<tags Marlo>
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:32 am

||Olean
||Surface
||1216 hours

Marlo cocked her head to one side. she'd never thought about it like that. The two fields were very similar in that respect, she supposed. Engineering had the 'how', but the Sciences had the 'why'--leave it to a scientist to give her a little perspective. she sat in silence for a moment mulling this over before she spoke again.

"I guess you hold life in you hands too, right? Not to the same extent, but if you screw up you could poison someone or release a virus. Monty told me once about a mission above Psi 2000 where a virus spread by touch--everyone was infected. and after being locked out of all the key systems from Engineering they were going to crash into the exploding planet. But after some quick thinking they survived...and got to live those last 71 hours over again."

Marlo stopped. They hadn't crashed, instead they'd combined the matter and antimatter reserves allowing them to go back in time before they contracted the disease. So she supposed that physics was the bridge between mechanical and physical sciences. However, she generally thought about the Medical sciences slipping up and releasing a virus, but she was beginning to see how the physical sciences were a major player.

That story should've been common knowledge, however, Marlo did like bringing things back to Montgomery Scott sometimes. She felt like it had been ages since they last talked.

<tag Remy>

Back to top Go down
Remy Life
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Remy Life

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 am

"I like to live with the belief that for every virus there is an anti-virus." Remy said, inspecting a sample, something seemed odd about it and some of the other samples. She placed it in the bin making a note to closely inspect them as soon as she was back in the labs. She took a moment to stand and stretch her back and neck, she'd spent a while craned to the ground extracting samples that she was beginning to cramp. She took her canteen and drank steadily for a moment, then went and sat on a nearby rock for a moment.

She rubbed her chest absentmindedly. She remembered back to past ground work she'd done before the heart transplant, she could only work for so long and took many breaks. It was different this time, she had a working heart that gave her more stamina, allowing her to work longer and at a steady pace. The cold weight was still there, but she appreciated the change in the pace of her work.

She didn't ponder it much longer, she wanted for forget about it and keep moving on. She stood and surveyed the work done so far, she was content with it and figured it wouldn't take much longer to finish up.

"I am assuming you are speaking of Montgomery Scott?" She said, deciding to work on her social skills a bit more as she continued collecting samples.

<tags whoever>
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:49 am

Marlo nodded. "I am indeed. I met him when I was ten--and have called him Monty ever since."

Marlo looked around...there was something off about this whole planet. She felt like she was being watched...however she chalked it up to boredom and paranoia. It was a beautiful planet, the humidity was tolerable--a lot like Bajor, and there was a abundance of life teeming around them. Maybe she was going crazy.

She kept telling herself nothing bad would happen--however the last time she was on a planet like this, they found creatures that were very Jurassic, and she'd gotten kidnapped, by Katsumi, who was intent on destroying people with a crude phase cannon prototype. She blew her hair out of her face and placed her back against a tree. She wouldn't be taken from behind this time...she'd be ready for anything.

Marlo bent down and pulled her small Bajoran knife that she kept with her at all times out of her boot, straightening as fast as she could.

<tags Marshall>
Back to top Go down
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 am

||Olean

Marissa smiled a bit at the two talking to each other. She wanted to join in but didn't know what to say, so instead she just kept a lookout on what was going on. Remy was doing her sciencey thing and Taylor and Elena were far enough away that she didn't have to worry about them anymore, glad that she hadn't been paired up with him.

They'd have enough to do later.

Right now Marissa wanted to do things her way.

In fact Marissa was so intent on getting things done her way that she didn't even focus on her feeling of dread in her gut. It was the feeling she got every time she felt like someone was ready to pounce on her and normally she paid it a lot more mind than she was doing right then. Instead she was making sure that Remy and Marlo had their little chat about science and engineering, and wondering what Elena and Taylor were doing. She knew Elena a little bit and knew how their first interaction had gone back when Taylor had joined them all on the ship.

"You guys almost done collecting your samples?" Marissa asked them suddenly.

She really didn't want to be on the planet for longer than she had to be because she felt like she had nothing to do. She knew she shouldn't rush things, but she felt antsy. All she wanted was to make sure that she got everyone safe and sound back to the ship. Marissa didn't want Taylor to lord anything over her about how she protected her own, and she was starting to feel more restless than normal. Was something up? Was she missing something?

She just knew she had to get back up to the ship.

She had to be anywhere but here.

<tag anyone>
Back to top Go down
Marshall Frost
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Marshall Frost

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 am

||Olean
||Ground Team

"Norin? Begin Phase I." Marshall said over Norin's comm, the rest of the Ground Team hearing it all loud and clear.

Norin nodded and smiled. "You heard him, men...Phase I."

Branson, the man in charge of the two near Marlo, gave a signal to approach as it seemed Marissa's and Remy's backs were to her. He wanted to make sure that this all went off without a hitch, and so with two short phaser bursts, he rendered Remy and Marissa unconscious while Smithy went for Marlo. Marlo was on high alert when Remy and Marissa went down and he had to dodge her blade attacks. The moment she went for her phaser though, Branson had stunned her, catching her when her unconscious body started to fall to the ground.

He pushed her red hair out of her beautiful face and then he and Smithy beamed up, Smithy nursing a bleeding hand and a cut to the shoulder that he would have to get fixed. Marlo had gotten close to his neck, but he seemed to only have wounds that could be healed and he was grateful for that, Branson going straight to their Prisoner Detention Center. He set Marlo down gently on the soft bench in the spacious cell and then activated the force field before he went back to go about his other duties on his list.

Around the time that they were procuring Marlo, Elena had given Taylor a look that suggested that he might be just a little bit crazy, as she was obviously collecting plant samples. "I'm not scanning you...do you think something's up with your LED or do I need to be on high alert?"

No sooner had the words come out of her mouth, had Norin shot her with a phaser burst to render her unconscious. Then he sent in Mather and Carlton, both of them gunning for Taylor. They had wanted a bit of a fight and Norin was giving it to him, knowing he had the means to get Taylor on his own if he had to. He smiled a little as he watched everything happen, hoping that Marshall would be pleased with him as he was getting this done without the Fenris being notified.

Then again, they were far too busy with a battle up in orbit, because the signal Marshall had given had so many other pieces to it.

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm

||Olean

Taylor was about to respond with a quip when a phaser beam impacted onto Elena, knocking her out. He didn't yell out, he didn't scream. It was like some big switch inside his brain when the phaser beams started flying that he unslung his phaser carbine from his front, ramped it up to a lethal setting and turned towards the direction the fire had come from. Taylor dragged Elena behind a long fallen log before taking cover himself and looking at the targets on his TED. He was shocked, surprised and twisted with a bile-like hate when he saw the familiar black armour moving towards him.

Two targets, two threats. Each firing their phasers at him. Taylor's eyepiece told him that they were set for stun which said that they were trying to capture, not kill. A small wave of relief washed over Taylor as this made him realise that Elena wasn't wounded but just stunned. However the pair of hostiles coming at him wouldn't be getting the same sentiment. Taylor fired several bursts from his carbine at the nearest assaulter. The man's shields flicked and died underneath the withering fire before being shot down.

Even thought Taylor wanted to woop and yell out for 'gettin' some' against an enemy force he remained calm and collected, confirming why he had earned the nickname 'Iceman' from other marines. Taylor just shifted fire to the second and last target that he could see but he had disappeared behind the trees. Reluctantly leaving Elena's side Taylor climbed over the log and moved towards the last known location of his target. A black arm stuck out, knocking his carbine from his hand but Taylor reached out and flipped him onto his back.

Unsheathing his black knife Taylor and the man struggled for a moment as Taylor attempted to plunge the blade into the spongy part of the armour near the neck. Finally a small gurgling sound bubbled from the black-armoured solider and Taylor sheathed his knife before picking up his carbine. "Never fight with a professional..."

tag: Ground Team
Back to top Go down
Marshall Frost
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Marshall Frost

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:55 pm

||Olean
||Ground Team

Smiling a little at the fight in him, Norin beat Taylor in the back of his head hard from behind. Two lost men were nothing--if anything, Marshall would find the tale interesting before he chose to put the blame on someone. All Norin cared about was getting Taylor unconscious and taking him to Marshall before he got in trouble. That was all. Finish the job.

"He was right...you're a formidable foe. Glad to make your acquaintance." Norin told him as he pinned him to the ground and knocked him in the head again to keep him dazed before stunning him.

He'd probably pay for this later, but he needed to get back to the ship as soon as possible. Move Taylor and clean up the mess so that Marshall might perhaps promote him. Never hurt to try and move up the ranks as far as Norin was concerned. He'd heard a bit about this Taylor Lucas and looked forward to interrogating him...if Marshall let him.

Looking around, Norin assessed the damage and hit his comm badge. "I'll bring Lucas up myself."
Back to top Go down
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 am

||Olean

Marissa was the first to wake up on the surface.

She groaned loudly as she stirred and tried her best to let her eyes adjust before she rubbed her head. They'd definitely been hit rather hard by something and she knew it was a phaser judging by the groggy feeling, but that didn't mean she was any less disturbed by it. As soon as she had regained consciousness enough, she was up and checking over the others.

"Fenris, this is Lieutenant Garren," Marissa tried, realizing after a few minutes that the Fenris couldn't hear her.

That thought shook her and she suddenly felt a rush of panic. She wondered what had happened to the ship and immediately wondered if Gabe was okay, making a mental note to see him as soon as possible once she got back. If she got back of course. If no one on the ship was answering then there was always the chance that the ship was gone. It wasn't exactly the thought that she wanted to be focusing on right that moment but she didn't entirely feel like she could focus on any other thought.

They were cut off from the ship.

Marissa was pretty sure that the rest of the away team would all be waking up here in the next few minutes as well but something was wrong. As she looked around her position she noticed that Marlo was absolutely nowhere to be found. Then she wandered over a little farther and realized that on top of that, neither was Taylor. She was also a little worried that the Trill wasn't up yet as she had heard that she was joined and that meant there could be a complication.

Marissa couldn't handle a complication.

Medical had never been her niche.

Checking for a pulse at least, Marissa made sure that Elena was at least alive before wandering back over to where Remy was unconscious on the ground. She'd read in the young woman's file that she had once had heart problems and she hoped there wouldn't be some kind of recurrence even after the heart transplant. Marissa really just needed everyone to be alright...everyone to not need any medical attention until Elena woke up and could take care of that herself.

That was what she really needed: Elena to wake up.

<tag: Elena, Remy>
Back to top Go down
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain
Josalyn Dorne

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:12 pm

||Olean

Elena groaned loudly and then swore even louder when she came to. She never did well with phaser shots--even if they were just to stun her--and she was beginning to feel a little bit sick. She got up though and looked around for the others, finding only Marissa awake and searching for her medical bag. She wanted to make sure that there wasn't any damage and to make sure that everyone could get back onto the Fenris safe and sound. She wanted to actually be in Sickbay.

"She'll get up just fine," Elena explained to Marissa as she pressed a hypspray to Remy's neck. "She'll be groggy for a few minutes but then she'll be back to normal. So much for just getting plants, right?"

Elena laughed a little bit and then swallowed, wondering why in the world she had ever agreed to come and do this. Nothing but bad things happened during Away Missions and she wanted to get back to the ship. Eat, sleep...maybe talk to Nayla. What Taylor had said to her was still going through her head and she wanted to just let this all go. More than anything she wanted to make sure that she still had some life in her--some life ahead of her--and that meant getting off this planet.

"Lieutenant Tam to Fenris," Elena tried and frowned when she just got a signal that told her this wasn't working. "Lieutenant Tam to Captain Crae."

She knew one thing for certain: having the ship not answer and having Taylor and Marlo gone meant things had gone from bad to worse.

<Tags: Marissa, Remy>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Olean Surface   Episode 2: Olean Surface I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 2: Olean Surface
Page 1 of 1