USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lilly/Reius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Lilly/Reius Empty
PostSubject: Lilly/Reius   Lilly/Reius I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:25 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Medical Office

Being back in a medical office was as weird as it was normal for him. Before he had ever been a warrior he was a healer, which he was now once again. Right now he wanted to find where those scroogers placed his equipment; those he wanted in his office...''Damn low-paid worker...'' After taking an hour to finally find his book, the one he was using centuries ago on El-Auria when he was still practicing in Aesir Hospital, he waited...

Now the only thing he wanted was for the Captain of the ship to come as she was supposed to..for her examination...

Lillian didn't like the idea of being examined. It was in her file, the pregnancy, but Reius and Marissa had been the only ones she hadn't told about all of it since they had missed the staff meeting. She took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her hair, calming down instantly when she got into Sickbay. The smell--or lack thereof--always made Lillian feel right at home. It was bittersweet since she was no longer the CMO, but she was holding it together.

"Excuse me? Doc?" Lillian called out.

''Hello, Ms. Crae. You're late and I do hope this won't be something that will happen again...'' said Reius, with a faint smile to the pregnant Officer.

The first thing that came to her mind were several witty remarks, but she was addressing her CMO...and CMO's had power she didn't want to temper with. So smiling awkwardly, she climbed up onto the bio bed and pushed her bangs out of her face.

"Just checking into the Security of the ship...so, can we get this over with?" She asked him kindly. "I just don't want to be away from my post for too long."

It was a lie and she knew it, but she also knew this was going to be uncomfortable.

He could feel her emotions as he was scanning her body. He knew her file but he was an old school guy...words say something, knowledge was different.

''You should relax, Ms. Crae...everything's gonna be alright, you don't need to have those fears nor be stressed about it...I know it's your first command--I had the same fears when I had my first command...about one hundred and fifty years ago you could say, but still...'' he said while reading the number his padd was giving him.

"I'm trying to relax, Old Man," Lillian responded with small, friendly smile.

For some reason, Reius made her feel a little less jumpy--but not by much. The only reason she was even slightly calmed down was because he was a doctor. She bit her lip as she listened to the sounds of the medical equipment and she wondered what he was reading. She could practically visualize the images in her mind and suddenly she felt anxious all over again. What did he see? Was the baby fine? It didn't feel like anything was wrong...should she confess? He probably knew.

"What's the verdict, Doc?" Lillian inquired.

''With the exception that you lack a quality to be a perfect Commanding Officer, I don't see...'' Reading again what he already had read twice, Reius looked at her, without any surprise in his eyes. He could feel her stress flowing up right now and he knew why...

''Ms. Crae...why are there traces of 'you know what', in your blood stream? And do not lie to me, you do know I will know if you do...'' he said this time with a serious tone.

Lillian sighed loudly because it was true, she knew...she knew that he was El-Aurian and that even if she wanted to lie to him she couldn't. She didn't want to though. She knew what it was like to be a doctor and the man deserved to know every bit of information about what she had been doing.

"I'm far too busy for morning sickness," Lillian explained to him slowly, shaking her head. "I can't deal with it, so when it starts to flare up, I inject myself with a very small dose of harmless anti-nausea meds. I'm a doctor too, you know? I'm being careful for the baby's sake. Which, by the way...how is the baby? I know my stress levels are a bit high, but it's fine right?"

''Hmm...I know you're a doctor, Ms.Crae--you do know I've read your Complete File. Your baby is perfectly fine...'' said Reius, sighing after it.

''Do me a favor next time? Come to me alright...I don't want the woman who commands this ship to pass out from an overdose and I don't want to take command of it...'' he finally said with a faint laugh to make her understand the last part was a joke, but the rest was completely serious.

Lillian laughed a little bit because he had attempted to lighten the mood a little bit with a joke. At the same time, she knew that she really didn't need to deal with morning sickness--that phase was almost over, she supposed. The baby came first, and so did the ship...she needed to be in tip-top shape, so how did she do all of it at once?

"I can't promise anything, but I'll try," she told him sincerely, looking over at his tray of tools. "So, reflex testing or pupil dilation next?"

''Pupil dilation is already done, dear,'' he said without looking at her. ''There's still old technique to see those--some that don't require technological advances.'' He said with a wink. ''Now sit on the table, it's reflex time!''

"You'd know better than I, Old Man," Lillian said with a small laugh, letting Reius check her reflexes.

When he was finished with his exam, Lillian slid off of the bio bed and though reluctant to leave Sickbay, she knew that she had to. They would be arriving in orbit at any moment and she knew that. In fact she got a message from Marissa over the comm just as she opened her mouth to speak.

"I'm on my way to the Bridge, Lieutenant," Lillian responded and then gave a small appreciative nod to Reius. "Thanks...we'll be in touch, promise."
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com

Lilly/Reius
Page 1 of 1