USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marissa/Taylor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

Marissa/Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Marissa/Taylor   Marissa/Taylor I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:34 pm

||USS Fenris
||Security Offices
||Awaiting time tag

After speaking with Remy, Taylor decided to speak to the head of whoever held rifles on the ship. It seemed that there was indeed no marines so the security department would have to do. This thought wasn't exactly appealing to Taylor since going to someone who was probably stuck up, by-the-book and hated people outside the Federation. In other words; a right twat. Still it wasn't great to judge someone he had never met and besides Taylor was feeling useless since he had no job aboard.

Finding the security offices he decided to do the polite thing and chime the door. After all, the guy might be busy.

Looking up from the PADD she was going over, Marissa got up when her door chimed. She went over and let the doors slide open, smirking a bit when she saw Taylor Lucas standing there. So...this was Taylor Lucas. She still wasn't sure exactly who he was, but he obviously needed something. Motioning for him to walk in, she tucked some black hair behind her ears, her bright blue eyes twinkling.

"What can I do you for? I hope you haven't killed any of my men." She said with a wink, heading back to her desk.

"They didn't give me a reason." teased Taylor, looking at Marissa with his eyes. His right one was the one he was born with, ice blue and filled with emotion. The left however was a cybernetic implant after he lost it during fencing practice gone wrong. It wasn't long before Taylor was sizing up the security chief though he couldn't tell what sort of person she was. Flirty was all he got so far.

"I'm actually looking for a posting. I don't do the whole civilian stuff, I'm a solider, a warrior. I just had the idea that someone from Starfleet Security would have trouble with someone who's left Starfleet having a rifle in his hands."

Marissa nodded and sat on her desk, crossing her legs. "A joker, I like it."

She looked the man up and down and took in his appearance for a moment. All she really knew about him was that he was skilled in battle--that had been apparent from the discarded bodies on Gressla--and that he and Marlo had some kind of past. Lillian was obviously letting him stay as well, so...she could probably use him.

"I don't have a problem with you fighting--it's your life not mine, so if you want to bet it on saving people, who am I to stop you?" She asked him. "I assume that you and Commander Bakel have worked together before, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and the Captain wouldn't let you stay if she didn't see potential in you. You have skill, I don't deny that, but I have to ask a question...that catch-up with the Commander go better than you thought it would? Decided you'd stay?"

She just wanted to know if this was more than just wanting a post--was he staying for Marlo? Marissa just didn't get what his motives were and she wanted to know if he was going to help her defend this ship.

"She was the chief engineer of my last posting." explained the ex-marine as he shrugged. "We got on well enough, didn't really talk that much. The catch up was...unexpected. Not the first person I expected to run into. I guess being on this ship made me realise how much I miss fighting for something more than myself."

Of course he wasn't about to say he was really staying cause of Lillian in case Marissa didn't like him doing it for something other than duty. "If you want I'll do a trial by fire, anything you want. I've got twenty one years of experience behind a rifle and leading marines into combat. I'd appreciate it if you gave me a chance. I'm just not fond of sitting on my arse while people fight for me."

"Just the engineer, eh?" Marissa asked, nodding and letting it go because she was prying too much. "Fair enough."

She stood up and walked back behind her desk. Sitting down, she folded her hands in her lap and made a decision rather quickly. When it came to things like this Marissa always knew what she was going to do. She was curious and she was decisive. She figured that was why she was still around to make these kinds of decisions...

"Are you looking to be on my security detail or do you want your own team?" Marissa asked. "When we get to Tercius Prime, I know people we could hire if you want to have a team. That...or maybe I can..."

She paused--she needed to approach this subject carefully.

"Tell me...what do you fight for, Lucas? Not wanting to be a damsel in distress is all well and good, but what makes you want to risk yourself for others?" Marissa asked. "When it all comes down to it, who are you fighting for? Yourself? Others? What drives you?"

For a moment Taylor considered the option of working for the actual security department. After all it would be the same, just taking orders from someone. He'd be taking orders from Lillian and Marlo anyway and he found being established in a chain of command was comfortable. However the idea of leading a merc team was also a prospect he could get used to. "As long as they're not the 'do anything for money' type. I want people who aren't looking to shoot anyone for the sake of it."

Again Taylor had to think that to say to an important question. Of course she wanted to know what his motives were. "What do I fight for..." he mused, repeating the question. "I don't fight for the Federation, medals or promotion. I fight for my crew and for those who can't fight for themselves. I'm not a complicated man despite what some might say. I take risks gladly knowing that success means that the people around me will be safe. I'm not looking for recognition or anything, just the chance to do something right for a change."

He wasn't ready to tell her that he also fought for Lillian. Hell he never even told Lillian that. She hated him fighting. Taylor just figured both of them would either figure it out or never know.

Marissa smiled at him and nodded. "Just the kind of recruit I'd be looking for. Look, I think that if the CO and the XO trust you, then that is enough for me. You have experience under your belt and I think you're sincere."

As she said it, Marissa said ti disabling all the security in her office so the next words stayed between her and Taylor.

"I have my own little group here that's non-Starfleet and though we use the term 'Merc', that's not really us. We fight for the Federation, just by our rules...we're much more than just guns for hire. If that's what you're interested in, I can point the way to a place to find recruits when we get to Tercius Prime."

The shady dealings seemed to make Taylor unsure about accepting any help other than Starfleet but she seemed to vouch for them. Anyway it seemed like an interesting opportunity. Besides he needed something and Taylor had heard of worse jobs around a ship. He could have ended up in Sickbay as an assistant or medic.

"Give me files and I'll start picking out names. Trust me, you won't regret this lieutenant."
Back to top Go down

Marissa/Taylor
Page 1 of 1