USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up Empty
PostSubject: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Marissa walked into the Ready Room with a data PADD in her hand because she understood this kind of thing--grab what you can and tell the captain what you know. She knew this was more about her being informed but she liked to be prepared and she nodded when she entered and saw Taylor there at the desk saluting. Right now Marissa wanted to focus on her job and though she was a little impressed that Taylor was being professional in such a situation it made her wonder.

Didn't he care about how Lillian was feeling?

Betazed was almost his home too...

Shaking her head of the thoughts because they were unimportant to the task at hand, Marissa took a deep breath and stood in front of Lillian's desk next to Taylor. After giving the Lieutenant Colonel a small nod to acknowledge his presence all of her attention was on Lillian and whatever it was that was going to come out of Lillian's mouth.

tag: Lilly and Taylor
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Lillian looked up at Taylor and rubbed her temples, giving him a quick salute so he'd stop being at attention and then settled into her chair more comfortably for a just a moment before sitting up again. She couldn't get comfortable knowing that Sareth was out there needing his mother and she was far too far away from him at the moment to do her job--to be his mother. Instead she had spent too much extra time out doing things for Starfleet and getting ambushed by Marshall and now there was a chance that she might never see him again and the pain swelling up in her throat was threatening to cripple her right then and there.

Marissa walked into the Ready Room with a data PADD in her hand because she understood this kind of thing--grab what you can and tell the captain what you know. She knew this was more about her being informed but she liked to be prepared and she nodded when she entered and saw Taylor there at the desk saluting. Right now Marissa wanted to focus on her job and though she was a little impressed that Taylor was being professional in such a situation it made her wonder.

Shaking her head of the thoughts because they were unimportant to the task at hand, Marissa took a deep breath and stood in front of Lillian's desk next to Taylor. After giving the Lieutenant Colonel a small nod to acknowledge his presence all of her attention was on Lillian and whatever it was that was going to come out of Lillian's mouth.

"I want you both to just take a seat please and listen to what it is that I have to say about what's going on," Lillian began with a heavy sigh, her voice pained. "In fact I think that I will just play the message for you and then tell you what I got sent to me just a few moments ago. Admiral Flynn said he'd keep me updated and he has and now it is time for me to make sure that you two are updated. I will counsel with Reius when I have pulled myself together a little better."

She was far past keeping things from them even if it seemed rather unprofessional because Lillian was a Betazoid...that meant that she naturally felt emotions and since these were her own emotions as well as others she was just feeling overwhelmed. In fact she was feeling so nauseous right then that she reach for her anti-nausea hypospray and pressed it to her neck, taking a deep breath and playing the message for Taylor and Marissa as she had promised. It was better they hear the main objective from the Admiral and then Lillian would fill them in on the rest and let them know about the forces there already.

After hearing the message they were bound to have questions and strategies and she wanted to hear what they had to say on their feet before telling them about what they were up against as far as command went. There was always a way to get your superior to listen to your ideas and she wanted to know what the ideas were. If she liked them she would even lobby for them when they got to the planet. What would she find there? Was Megan infected? How was Kara doing? They could not get to Betazed fast enough as far as Lillian was concerned.

<Taggles: Taylor and then Marissa>
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Lillian looked up at Taylor and rubbed her temples, giving him a quick salute so he'd stop being at attention and then settled into her chair more comfortably for a just a moment before sitting up again. She couldn't get comfortable knowing that Sareth was out there needing his mother and she was far too far away from him at the moment to do her job--to be his mother. Instead she had spent too much extra time out doing things for Starfleet and getting ambushed by Marshall and now there was a chance that she might never see him again and the pain swelling up in her throat was threatening to cripple her right then and there.

"I want you both to just take a seat please and listen to what it is that I have to say about what's going on," Lillian began with a heavy sigh, her voice pained. "In fact I think that I will just play the message for you and then tell you what I got sent to me just a few moments ago. Admiral Flynn said he'd keep me updated and he has and now it is time for me to make sure that you two are updated. I will counsel with Reius when I have pulled myself together a little better."

She was far past keeping things from them even if it seemed rather unprofessional because Lillian was a Betazoid...that meant that she naturally felt emotions and since these were her own emotions as well as others she was just feeling overwhelmed. In fact she was feeling so nauseous right then that she reach for her anti-nausea hypospray and pressed it to her neck, taking a deep breath and playing the message for Taylor and Marissa as she had promised. It was better they hear the main objective from the Admiral and then Lillian would fill them in on the rest and let them know about the forces there already.

After hearing the message they were bound to have questions and strategies and she wanted to hear what they had to say on their feet before telling them about what they were up against as far as command went. There was always a way to get your superior to listen to your ideas and she wanted to know what the ideas were. If she liked them she would even lobby for them when they got to the planet. What would she find there? Was Megan infected? How was Kara doing? They could not get to Betazed fast enough as far as Lillian was concerned.

Taylor sat down as he was told and just kept silent even though part of him just wanted Lillian to be in his arms so he could offer some form of comforting words even though they'd be useless in this situation. Instead he remained calm as the message played around, trying to pull pieces of information from it for his brain to mull over and decide what to make of it. Something just didn't make sense; a bomb designed to affect telepaths on a planet of telepaths.

"One question ma'am." said Taylor calmly after he let the message run its spiel. "But why us? Detailed files of the virus are available to everyone and local forces and medical services should be equipped to deal with this without Starfleet assistance. Even then there are ships probably close by, hell he even said that there is a Starfleet presence there. So what does he expect us to do? Come up with a miracle cure?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:04 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Taylor sat down as he was told and just kept silent even though part of him just wanted Lillian to be in his arms so he could offer some form of comforting words even though they'd be useless in this situation. Instead he remained calm as the message played around, trying to pull pieces of information from it for his brain to mull over and decide what to make of it. Something just didn't make sense; a bomb designed to affect telepaths on a planet of telepaths.

"One question ma'am." said Taylor calmly after he let the message run its spiel. "But why us? Detailed files of the virus are available to everyone and local forces and medical services should be equipped to deal with this without Starfleet assistance. Even then there are ships probably close by, hell he even said that there is a Starfleet presence there. So what does he expect us to do? Come up with a miracle cure?"

"It's us because we were sent, end of story," Lillian said harshly, not even bothering to meet his eyes for a moment because it had been a rather hostile line and she knew he didn't deserve it. "Starfleet wants us to aid. We are close, we have the means and I can help them come up with a cure and in the end save my people. We are not here to wonder the 'why', we are here to make sure that we have the means to be part of the 'how' that helps Betazed. Understood?"

For a moment Lillian felt as if maybe she was meant for this captain thing but she wasn't so sure at the same time as she realized how much her emotions were affecting her right now. She was supposed to have them under control and yet the thought of her son out there on his own without her was making her feel helpless and sad and angry. Lillian still had things to talk to Taylor about privately but she wanted to make sure that Taylor and Marissa knew what was going on and knew that they had things to focus on right now.

"This is going to be more of a rescue and research than a combat situation, I believe," Lillian said slowly as she thought it all over. "You will all be expected to take orders, as we will be outranked...even me. I assume that will not be a problem..."

<Taggles: Marissa and then Taylor>
Back to top Go down
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:33 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"It's us because we were sent, end of story," Lillian said harshly, not even bothering to meet his eyes for a moment because it had been a rather hostile line and she knew he didn't deserve it. "Starfleet wants us to aid. We are close, we have the means and I can help them come up with a cure and in the end save my people. We are not here to wonder the 'why', we are here to make sure that we have the means to be part of the 'how' that helps Betazed. Understood?"

For a moment Lillian felt as if maybe she was meant for this captain thing but she wasn't so sure at the same time as she realized how much her emotions were affecting her right now. She was supposed to have them under control and yet the thought of her son out there on his own without her was making her feel helpless and sad and angry. Lillian still had things to talk to Taylor about privately but she wanted to make sure that Taylor and Marissa knew what was going on and knew that they had things to focus on right now.

"This is going to be more of a rescue and research than a combat situation, I believe," Lillian said slowly as she thought it all over. "You will all be expected to take orders, as we will be outranked...even me. I assume that will not be a problem..."

"No, Ma'am," Marissa said, deciding to ignore the tone in the room.

Just seemed to her that Lillian and Taylor were being professionals, that was all it was. Still, it seemed like Lillian was more on edge than normal and not just because of the attack on Betazed.

"If it's not a combat situation, then is Colonel Lucas in charge of our group of relief efforts?" Marissa asked slowly.

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:59 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Just seemed to her that Lillian and Taylor were being professionals, that was all it was. Still, it seemed like Lillian was more on edge than normal and not just because of the attack on Betazed.

"If it's not a combat situation, then is Colonel Lucas in charge of our group of relief efforts?" Marissa asked slowly.

"I don't think I am lieutenant otherwise Captain Crae wouldn't have mentioned that we're being outranked by, well, everyone." said Taylor to Marissa with a shrug. "Besides I'm just a marine. We can do combat, peacekeeping and SAR missions but this isn't just some hiker trapped in a very unfriendly mountain range. This is a bit too technical for the likes of your security officers and my marines. If anything we might be a footnote effort here. If Starfleet has already reacted our ability to help might be purely reference."

The fact that Taylor might not be the highest ranking marine, or combat related officer there, was not something Taylor could dispute nor had any trouble with. He had taken orders from someone his entire life and had gotten used to the fact that someone somewhere held his leash. Of course he had gotten used to making his own rules so he figured it would be time to bring out the professional polish out to make sure that Lillian didn't end up with complaint reports about him.

"Then again we might be required to assist with this second aerosol device that is being used as a looming threat. Chances are if the bomb threat is genuine they'll be guarding it to ensure detonation. You might get some action lieutenant."

tag: Lilly, Mar.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:17 pm

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"I don't think I am Lieutenant, otherwise Captain Crae wouldn't have mentioned that we're being outranked by, well, everyone," said Taylor to Marissa with a shrug. "Besides I'm just a marine. We can do combat, peacekeeping and SAR missions but this isn't just some hiker trapped in a very unfriendly mountain range. This is a bit too technical for the likes of your security officers and my marines. If anything we might be a footnote effort here. If Starfleet has already reacted our ability to help might be purely reference."

The fact that Taylor might not be the highest ranking marine, or combat related officer there, was not something Taylor could dispute nor had any trouble with. He had taken orders from someone his entire life and had gotten used to the fact that someone somewhere held his leash. Of course he had gotten used to making his own rules so he figured it would be time to bring out the professional polish out to make sure that Lillian didn't end up with complaint reports about him.

"Then again we might be required to assist with this second aerosol device that is being used as a looming threat. Chances are if the bomb threat is genuine they'll be guarding it to ensure detonation. You might get some action lieutenant."

"This is more of a rescue than a combat situation, yes," Lillian explained slowly with a nod. "Colonel Lucas will be in charge only if he is delegated to be by the team down there, but I want you to make yourself just as useful--I want you two to work together and help to keep people calm and safe. There is no telling what is going on down there and I want us to be prepared for anything. Betazed is at stake here and I want everything to run smoothly."

She tried to swallow but her throat and mouth were dry and so Lillian got up and replicated herself some water. They had a little bit to wait to get to Betazed and she hoped that she could be better together than this when they got there so Sareth would feel safe and he wouldn't have to freak out because his mother was panicking. Taylor seemed better in these situations and hoped when they got there that he could help Sareth feel safe.

"Sit down, please," Lillian said calmly. "Would either of you like something?"

<Taggles: Taylor and Marissa>
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 am

|||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"I don't think I am Lieutenant, otherwise Captain Crae wouldn't have mentioned that we're being outranked by, well, everyone," said Taylor to Marissa with a shrug. "Besides I'm just a marine. We can do combat, peacekeeping and SAR missions but this isn't just some hiker trapped in a very unfriendly mountain range. This is a bit too technical for the likes of your security officers and my marines. If anything we might be a footnote effort here. If Starfleet has already reacted our ability to help might be purely reference."

"This is more of a rescue than a combat situation, yes," Lillian explained slowly with a nod. "Colonel Lucas will be in charge only if he is delegated to be by the team down there, but I want you to make yourself just as useful--I want you two to work together and help to keep people calm and safe. There is no telling what is going on down there and I want us to be prepared for anything. Betazed is at stake here and I want everything to run smoothly."

She tried to swallow but her throat and mouth were dry and so Lillian got up and replicated herself some water. They had a little bit to wait to get to Betazed and she hoped that she could be better together than this when they got there so Sareth would feel safe and he wouldn't have to freak out because his mother was panicking. Taylor seemed better in these situations and hoped when they got there that he could help Sareth feel safe.

As Lillian asked them to sit down Taylor frowned and looked at both himself and the security chief. Both of them where planted firmly on the chairs underneath them. "No thank you captain and we are already sitting down." he said carefully. "Look ma'am I know this situation presents a lot of personal feelings given it is your home planet. To me where we operate is of no importance nor who is on the surface. We could be going to Earth and it would make no difference. If you want to help the people you're worried about you need to stay calm and focused,"

Tags: Both
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:26 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

As Lillian asked them to sit down Taylor frowned and looked at both himself and the security chief. Both of them where planted firmly on the chairs underneath them. "No thank you captain and we are already sitting down." he said carefully. "Look ma'am I know this situation presents a lot of personal feelings given it is your home planet. To me where we operate is of no importance nor who is on the surface. We could be going to Earth and it would make no difference. If you want to help the people you're worried about you need to stay calm and focused,"

"Become a parent and get back to me on that," Lillian said and then closed her eyes and sighed and looked at them. "I'm sorry, I know, I'm just...I don't know what we're walking into and I want us all to be prepared. As long as the two of you think you have it under control than that is that. You two know what's up now, so it's up to you to get your departments ready and working together. There isn't much more I can really give you in the way of information at the moment."

Taggles: Both
Back to top Go down
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:35 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

"Become a parent and get back to me on that," Lillian said and then closed her eyes and sighed and looked at them. "I'm sorry, I know, I'm just...I don't know what we're walking into and I want us all to be prepared. As long as the two of you think you have it under control than that is that. You two know what's up now, so it's up to you to get your departments ready and working together. There isn't much more I can really give you in the way of information at the moment."

Marissa nodded slowly. "I think that the Colonel and I have this under control."

She honestly thought that they did and if there happened to be fighting then the two of them had this. It wasn't as if they hated each other or anything as they both had somewhat of a professional respect at least on how they handled their men. What she was worried about was if things got far too personal and Lillian was already freaking out it seemed.

Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:03 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

Marissa nodded slowly. "I think that the Colonel and I have this under control."

She honestly thought that they did and if there happened to be fighting then the two of them had this. It wasn't as if they hated each other or anything as they both had somewhat of a professional respect at least on how they handled their men. What she was worried about was if things got far too personal and Lillian was already freaking out it seemed.

In a nod of agreement Taylor backed up what Marissa was saying. Yes, they'd both be ready come hell or high water. Already he was planning how events on Betazed should unfold if the world was a perfect place and then introduce your normal chaotic factors to distort that plan to see if he could react. That was the thing about medical situations; despite it being an exact science most of the time they could be rather unpredictable especially where a civilian population has been affected in some way.

Though the parental jibe wasn't the way to win Taylor's heart but he could understand why Lillian was getting herself wound up. She had family on Betazed including a child. Taylor also considered the planet some form of home anyway since Earth held little appeal for underlying personal reasons. Maybe she just didn't have the same switch as he did, the ability to drown out everything but the job when the situation called for it. He couldn't blame her for that even if he wanted to.

"If you want ma'am we can get going and get ourselves prepped for the mission."

tag: Lillian, Mar
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am

||USS Fenris
||Captain's Ready Room

In a nod of agreement Taylor backed up what Marissa was saying. Yes, they'd both be ready come hell or high water. Already he was planning how events on Betazed should unfold if the world was a perfect place and then introduce your normal chaotic factors to distort that plan to see if he could react. That was the thing about medical situations; despite it being an exact science most of the time they could be rather unpredictable especially where a civilian population has been affected in some way.

Though the parental jibe wasn't the way to win Taylor's heart he could understand why Lillian was getting herself wound up. She had family on Betazed including a child. Taylor also considered the planet some form of home anyway since Earth held little appeal for underlying personal reasons. Maybe she just didn't have the same switch as he did, the ability to drown out everything but the job when the situation called for it. He couldn't blame her for that even if he wanted to.

"If you want ma'am we can get going and get ourselves prepped for the mission."

"Lieutenant, you are free to go and get things ready, however the Colonel and I have matters to discuss on a different matter entirely," Lillian said slowly, taking a seat and chewing on her lip. "It seems that on top of having to deal with a planetside plague I have to deal with squabbles between my crew."

She wasn't happy about that and her tone suggested that she was a bit angry, but she knew she had to handle this better than she was currently handling it. So taking a deep breath she gave Marissa a smile and then she nodded at her to let her know that everything was going to be just fine. Perhaps it wouldn't be, but she had to at least believe that it would be or she wouldn't be able to get through this at all and she knew that.

"Keep me posted, Chief," Lillian told her.

Taggles: Tay and Mar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up   Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marissa/Lillian/Taylor - Gearing Up
Page 1 of 1