USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taylor/Gabe When greens talk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk Empty
PostSubject: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

After the incident with Doclin's ship the Fenris had been, in Taylor's words, 'been well and truly shafted'. This was painfully apparent as Taylor traversed through the ship to find blown relays, wounded crew members and other signs of battle damage. He was still wearing his armour as he walked towards main engineering to have a word with Gabe. He knew that the CEO was an ex-marine and therefore liable to skip any technical details that either would be lost on the Scottish marine or simply of no great interest.

He walked into engineering and headed straight for Gabe before flicking his ear with an armoured figure. "Sup commander? I see you boys and girls have been given a nice, neat workload as usual."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

After the incident with Doclin's ship the Fenris had been, in Taylor's words, 'been well and truly shafted'. This was painfully apparent as Taylor traversed through the ship to find blown relays, wounded crew members and other signs of battle damage. He was still wearing his armour as he walked towards main engineering to have a word with Gabe. He knew that the CEO was an ex-marine and therefore liable to skip any technical details that either would be lost on the Scottish marine or simply of no great interest.

He walked into engineering and headed straight for Gabe before flicking his ear with an armoured figure. "Sup commander? I see you boys and girls have been given a nice, neat workload as usual."

Gabe turned quickly as he felt his ear flicked , "Yea everything around here is nice and... well bollocksed." He replied, rubbing his temples, "So what can i do for ya?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:49 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

After the incident with Doclin's ship the Fenris had been, in Taylor's words, 'well and truly shafted'. This was painfully apparent as Taylor traversed through the ship to find blown relays, wounded crew members and other signs of battle damage. He was still wearing his armour as he walked towards main engineering to have a word with Gabe. He knew that the CEO was an ex-marine and therefore liable to skip any technical details that either would be lost on the Scottish marine or simply of no great interest.

Gabe turned quickly as he felt his ear flicked , "Yea everything around here is nice and... well bollocksed." He replied, rubbing his temples, "So what can I do for ya?"

"Well since you're about to be a busy man I figured I'd let you have a break. Give us a brew mate. Milk, no sugar. I'm sweet enough." the marine said with a grin before leaning against a bulkhead. Taylor just gave a sniff of indifference at the site around him before talking once more. "It seems that no matter where we go someone always wants to kick our teeth in. Between Cardassians, dinosaurs and religious fruitloops I think I'm ready to retire. Barely got my rank pip back and I want to cash it in. Worst part of it is that me and my lads and lassies just have to sit there while you do all the work. You've been a marine...you know what it's like. If you can't help you feel useless. Back on Seven I would have just got the marine engineers to do the minor systems so you and Bakel could focus on the things that matter. Now...now it's all very different. We're more or less alone."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:13 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

After the incident with Doclin's ship the Fenris had been, in Taylor's words, 'well and truly shafted'. This was painfully apparent as Taylor traversed through the ship to find blown relays, wounded crew members and other signs of battle damage. He was still wearing his armour as he walked towards main engineering to have a word with Gabe. He knew that the CEO was an ex-marine and therefore liable to skip any technical details that either would be lost on the Scottish marine or simply of no great interest.

Gabe turned quickly as he felt his ear flicked , "Yea everything around here is nice and... well bollocksed." He replied, rubbing his temples, "So what can I do for ya?"

"Well since you're about to be a busy man I figured I'd let you have a break. Give us a brew mate. Milk, no sugar. I'm sweet enough." the marine said with a grin before leaning against a bulkhead. Taylor just gave a sniff of indifference at the site around him before talking once more. "It seems that no matter where we go someone always wants to kick our teeth in. Between Cardassians, dinosaurs and religious fruitloops I think I'm ready to retire. Barely got my rank pip back and I want to cash it in. Worst part of it is that me and my lads and lassies just have to sit there while you do all the work. You've been a marine...you know what it's like. If you can't help you feel useless. Back on Seven I would have just got the marine engineers to do the minor systems so you and Bakel could focus on the things that matter. Now...now it's all very different. We're more or less alone."

Gabe smiled as he ordered two cups of tea from the vaguely working replicator in his officer and handed one to Taylor before dropping into his chair, grimacing as the chair craked and leaned back more then usual.

"See this is why i always said marine rec rooms should always have a snooker table and a card table. But yeah, i've sat on my hands in enough barracks back when i wore that armour to understand ya problem. Heck if ya wanna send some marine engineer's this way I'm sure H'Var can find something for 'em to do, I'm off duty by captain's orders until tomorrow. Part of me wants to get cracking on repairs but ... well i'm sure she has her reasons." He said, a happy smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 am

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Gabe smiled as he ordered two cups of tea from the vaguely working replicator in his officer and handed one to Taylor before dropping into his chair, grimacing as the chair craked and leaned back more then usual.

"See this is why I always said marine rec rooms should always have a snooker table and a card table. But yeah, I've sat on my hands in enough barracks back when I wore that armour to understand ya problem. Heck if ya wanna send some marine engineers this way I'm sure H'Var can find something for 'em to do, I'm off duty by captain's orders until tomorrow. Part of me wants to get cracking on repairs but ... well I'm sure she has her reasons." He said, a happy smile on his face.

Taylor just slurped the first sip of his tea and gave a loud sigh of satisfaction at the taste of the beverage. Coffee might be what you need in the morning but after a hard day Taylor always swore by tea. It did wonders for his mood when he was usually boiling over as well.

"That's the problem." he told Gabe. "I have no engineers. Back then I had just above two hundred marines. Front line troops, MAROPS staff, engineers, corpsmen...now all I've got are two rifle platoons. Besides I couldn't tell you captain's reasons for wanting you off the line. Maybe you should do what I do when she knows I'm about to do something stupid and tells me not to; just do it anyway."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:13 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Gabe smiled as he ordered two cups of tea from the vaguely working replicator in his officer and handed one to Taylor before dropping into his chair, grimacing as the chair creeked and leaned back more then usual.

"See this is why I always said marine rec rooms should always have a snooker table and a card table. But yeah, I've sat on my hands in enough barracks back when I wore that armour to understand ya problem. Heck if ya wanna send some marine engineers this way I'm sure H'Var can find something for 'em to do, I'm off duty by captain's orders until tomorrow. Part of me wants to get cracking on repairs but ... well I'm sure she has her reasons." He said, a happy smile on his face.

Taylor just slurped the first sip of his tea and gave a loud sigh of satisfaction at the taste of the beverage. Coffee might be what you need in the morning but after a hard day Taylor always swore by tea. It did wonders for his mood when he was usually boiling over as well.

"That's the problem." he told Gabe. "I have no engineers. Back then I had just above two hundred marines. Front line troops, MAROPS staff, engineers, corpsmen...now all I've got are two rifle platoons. Besides I couldn't tell you captain's reasons for wanting you off the line. Maybe you should do what I do when she knows I'm about to do something stupid and tells me not to; just do it anyway."

Gabe chuckled as he swept a pile of debris from his desk. "I only came down here to drop off my Baker rifle, The barrel got damaged in the attack." he said, nodded his head towards the workbench on the wall. "i figured i'd be safer leaving it down here, otherwise i'd be fixing the thing all night. And well i doubt that'd go down well." He said, taking a drink. "Besides, tonight i actually don't feel like doing something stupid."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:20 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Gabe smiled as he ordered two cups of tea from the vaguely working replicator in his officer and handed one to Taylor before dropping into his chair, grimacing as the chair creeked and leaned back more then usual.

Gabe chuckled as he swept a pile of debris from his desk. "I only came down here to drop off my Baker rifle, The barrel got damaged in the attack." he said, nodded his head towards the workbench on the wall. "I figured I'd be safer leaving it down here, otherwise I'd be fixing the thing all night. And well I doubt that'd go down well." He said, taking a drink. "Besides, tonight I actually don't feel like doing something stupid."

"Well I always feel like doing something stupid." replied Taylor rather dismissively as he looked at his cup of tea. "So what do you think of this crew? I don't put much stock in our fighting ability. I mean let's face it Gabe we got our arses kicked severely. Apart from you, me, the marines and security we have a jumpy eager to please yeoman, a jittery science officer that pisses herself whenever a phaser is near her, a retired general suffering from delusion of grandeur and a pregnant captain. Aren't we just a razor edge military unit?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Gabe chuckled as he swept a pile of debris from his desk. "I only came down here to drop off my Baker rifle, The barrel got damaged in the attack." he said, nodded his head towards the workbench on the wall. "I figured I'd be safer leaving it down here, otherwise I'd be fixing the thing all night. And well I doubt that'd go down well." He said, taking a drink. "Besides, tonight I actually don't feel like doing something stupid."

"Well I always feel like doing something stupid." replied Taylor rather dismissively as he looked at his cup of tea. "So what do you think of this crew? I don't put much stock in our fighting ability. I mean let's face it Gabe we got our arses kicked severely. Apart from you, me, the marines and security we have a jumpy eager to please yeoman, a jittery science officer that pisses herself whenever a phaser is near her, a retired general suffering from delusion of grandeur and a pregnant captain. Aren't we just a razor edge military unit?"

"Ya know technically we're explorers but i'll let that slip. But yeah we do seem to have quite a crew at the minute. Heck I'm not one to talk, Until recently i spent my time either working or alone in my quarters, the only time i wasn't a loner shut in was during my A-13 days... until that bubble burst and ruined pretty much everything." Gabe replied looking around, "But yeah... we got our asses handed to us this time, but don't worry, soon as we get a trace on the guy, I have a few friends i can call, ya know the kind of friends with lots of weapons and attitude."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 am

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Ya know technically we're explorers but I'll let that slip. But yeah we do seem to have quite a crew at the minute. Heck I'm not one to talk, Until recently I spent my time either working or alone in my quarters, the only time I wasn't a loner shut in was during my A-13 days... until that bubble burst and ruined pretty much everything." Gabe replied looking around, "But yeah... we got our asses handed to us this time, but don't worry, soon as we get a trace on the guy, I have a few friends I can call, ya know the kind of friends with lots of weapons and attitude."

Taylor just gave a half chuckle half snort at Gabe's statement. "My favorite kind of people but I'd prefer it if I was the one to kill that bastard. I've got scores to settle and they begin with Doclin. Next time I see him he'll be a dead man for sure. Count on it."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Ya know technically we're explorers but I'll let that slip. But yeah we do seem to have quite a crew at the minute. Heck I'm not one to talk, Until recently I spent my time either working or alone in my quarters, the only time I wasn't a loner shut in was during my A-13 days... until that bubble burst and ruined pretty much everything." Gabe replied looking around, "But yeah... we got our asses handed to us this time, but don't worry, soon as we get a trace on the guy, I have a few friends I can call, ya know the kind of friends with lots of weapons and attitude."

Taylor just gave a half chuckle half snort at Gabe's statement. "My favorite kind of people but I'd prefer it if I was the one to kill that bastard. I've got scores to settle and they begin with Doclin. Next time I see him he'll be a dead man for sure. Count on it."

"Sounds fair." Gabe said, nodded and rubbing his head where he'd been wounded eariler, "Damn phantom pains." He muttered before continuing the conversation, "So who is this guy?, He seemed pretty specific on which memebers of the away team to take... That and the bastard beamed Lil off the ship without tripping the system."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:44 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Sounds fair." Gabe said, nodded and rubbing his head where he'd been wounded eariler, "Damn phantom pains." He muttered before continuing the conversation, "So who is this guy?, He seemed pretty specific on which memebers of the away team to take... That and the bastard beamed Lil off the ship without tripping the system."

"When I was alone and wandering a group of unknown hostiles chased me from Vega Station, a pirate colony." began Taylor. "After some hunting and killing I confronted a Cardassian who was working for this man; Doclin. Despite my best efforts he didn't give any more information than that. Now I have his face and a name. From what I can tell he's a renowned Starfleet doctor. Doclin is obviously a pseudonym used to hide his identity. He has some history with Lillian and Marlo. As for me...I dunno. He must have heard how much of a good guest I am."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:29 pm

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Sounds fair." Gabe said, nodded and rubbing his head where he'd been wounded eariler, "Damn phantom pains." He muttered before continuing the conversation, "So who is this guy?, He seemed pretty specific on which members of the away team to take... That and the bastard beamed Lil off the ship without tripping the system."

"When I was alone and wandering a group of unknown hostiles chased me from Vega Station, a pirate colony." began Taylor. "After some hunting and killing I confronted a Cardassian who was working for this man; Doclin. Despite my best efforts he didn't give any more information than that. Now I have his face and a name. From what I can tell he's a renowned Starfleet doctor. Doclin is obviously a pseudonym used to hide his identity. He has some history with Lillian and Marlo. As for me...I dunno. He must have heard how much of a good guest I am."

"Well remind me to background check all renowned doctors i use from now on. Makes me wonder where this 'doctor' got a cloaking device, fully armed ship and no doubt a crew of assholes. If ya like i can try and do some digging see what, ia anything i can find out about this guy."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 am

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Sounds fair." Gabe said, nodded and rubbing his head where he'd been wounded eariler, "Damn phantom pains." He muttered before continuing the conversation, "So who is this guy?, He seemed pretty specific on which members of the away team to take... That and the bastard beamed Lil off the ship without tripping the system."

"Well remind me to background check all renowned doctors I use from now on. Makes me wonder where this 'doctor' got a cloaking device, fully armed ship and no doubt a crew of assholes. If ya like I can try and do some digging see what, anything I can find out about this guy."

In response Taylor just shook his head gently. "Man's a ghost. It was only when I cut my way up near the top of his food chain that I got the name and I wasn't exactly subtle getting to that point. All I need to sleep at night is if we're ready next time."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:17 am

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Well remind me to background check all renowned doctors I use from now on. Makes me wonder where this 'doctor' got a cloaking device, fully armed ship and no doubt a crew of assholes. If ya like I can try and do some digging see what, anything I can find out about this guy."

In response Taylor just shook his head gently. "Man's a ghost. It was only when I cut my way up near the top of his food chain that I got the name and I wasn't exactly subtle getting to that point. All I need to sleep at night is if we're ready next time."

"Oh we'll be ready, Hopefully Lilly will take my advice and get us to starbase 318. We have a good team down here but fixing the ship this time isn't going to be as simple as last time. The warp nacelles are heavily damaged, we're lost about 60 percent of the warp coils, port pylon's got hairline fractured and the starboard one... well that's crack and missing a section or two. I don't intend to give this Doclin fella another chance to cripple us."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 am

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Oh we'll be ready, Hopefully Lilly will take my advice and get us to starbase 318. We have a good team down here but fixing the ship this time isn't going to be as simple as last time. The warp nacelles are heavily damaged, we're lost about 60 percent of the warp coils, port pylon's got hairline fractured and the starboard one... well that's crack and missing a section or two. I don't intend to give this Doclin fella another chance to cripple us."

"Just get us home Gabe, all I can ask of you. All anyone can ask of you really." said Taylor as he put the mug down. "Thanks for the tea mate, take care."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 am

||Main Engineering
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Just get us home Gabe, all I can ask of you. All anyone can ask of you really." said Taylor as he put the mug down. "Thanks for the tea mate, take care."

"I intend to... but not tonight. Tonight i have other plans, plans that don't involve this place." He said with a smile and he drained his own mug. "Look after yaself as well Talyor."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 am

Seems all good, need to ask Kyla when she wants us to post and where.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:27 am

Sounds suspiciously like a plan to me
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:30 am

Been known to happen
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Post Mission now if it pleases you. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Gabe When greens talk   Taylor/Gabe    When greens talk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor/Gabe When greens talk
Page 1 of 1