USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 pm

||USS [i]Fenris[/i[
||Bridge

Lillian strode onto the bridge with a smile on her face, glad that they were on their way to a nearby Federation station to meet up with the shuttle that would be bringing her parents and her son. She wasn't quite sure why they hadn't gotten here already, but she knew she probably had messages waiting for her in her Ready Room. She smiled at Carlos and Derek and then at the man at the helm as she settled into her captain's chair--her messages in her office could wait.

"Nice to see you up here on the bridge..." she trailed off to let the man at the helm tell her who he was.

She was trying so hard to meet everyone, but so far she still had people to look after and since the ship was still sort of being repaired she was sure there were people that had died that she would never get to meet. That thought made her smile waver a moment but she recovered, leaning forward and little bit with a hand on her baby bump.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:14 am

||USS [i]Fenris[/i[
||Bridge

Lillian strode onto the bridge with a smile on her face, glad that they were on their way to a nearby Federation station to meet up with the shuttle that would be bringing her parents and her son. She wasn't quite sure why they hadn't gotten here already, but she knew she probably had messages waiting for her in her Ready Room. She smiled at Carlos and Derek and then at the man at the helm as she settled into her captain's chair--her messages in her office could wait.

"Nice to see you up here on the bridge..." she trailed off to let the man at the helm tell her who he was.

She was trying so hard to meet everyone, but so far she still had people to look after and since the ship was still sort of being repaired she was sure there were people that had died that she would never get to meet. That thought made her smile waver a moment but she recovered, leaning forward and little bit with a hand on her baby bump.

He sat at the helm, running his hands over the panel, refraining from actually touching anything that would alter their course to the station. He had been on the ship for only a matter of days, and this was the first real interaction with his captain that he had had. He thought back for a moment about when he walked on the Fenris. He had taken his own tour, familiarizing himself with the ship. He first stop had been engineering in an attempt to settle down and get accustomed to her. He had looked over the configuration. He had been shipped to Starbase 318 with his orders to be the helmsman for the ship, and he had tried to stay cordial but not associate with too many people. There were still scars that hadn't healed yet.

He looked up to his captain and dragged himself out of his own thoughts. He kept the information on the ship on his console for more perusing at a later point. He stood up, acknowledging her. "Lieutenant Gespard reporting for duty ma'am." He assumed she had gotten his orders and his prior service. That meant she knew everything there was to know about him. Well at least, that was written down by Starfleet. He intended to meet everyone and get to know his shipmates, this was supposed to be an exploration mission. Though then again, his last one was as well. He had been briefed on his captain and had thought the woman impressive. She had faced a lot of trials, and yet she was still kind. She was softer than most of the other commanders in the fleet, and his superiors had thought that this would be a good assignment for him to dig his teeth into after the accident. He agreed with them. Everything he had heard said that this ship, this crew was one of the most effective in the quadrant. "Thank you ma'am, for approving my assignment. I look forward to getting to know you and your crew." He sat back down to mind his station, but he kept an eye on her just in case she wanted more of a conversation then that.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge

He sat at the helm, running his hands over the panel, refraining from actually touching anything that would alter their course to the station. He had been on the ship for only a matter of days, and this was the first real interaction with his captain that he had had. He thought back for a moment about when he walked on the Fenris. He had taken his own tour, familiarizing himself with the ship. He first stop had been engineering in an attempt to settle down and get accustomed to her. He had looked over the configuration. He had been shipped to Starbase 318 with his orders to be the helmsman for the ship, and he had tried to stay cordial but not associate with too many people. There were still scars that hadn't healed yet.

He looked up to his captain and dragged himself out of his own thoughts. He kept the information on the ship on his console for more perusing at a later point. He stood up, acknowledging her. "Lieutenant Gespard reporting for duty ma'am." He assumed she had gotten his orders and his prior service. That meant she knew everything there was to know about him. Well at least, that was written down by Starfleet. He intended to meet everyone and get to know his shipmates, this was supposed to be an exploration mission. Though then again, his last one was as well. He had been briefed on his captain and had thought the woman impressive. She had faced a lot of trials, and yet she was still kind. She was softer than most of the other commanders in the fleet, and his superiors had thought that this would be a good assignment for him to dig his teeth into after the accident. He agreed with them. Everything he had heard said that this ship, this crew was one of the most effective in the quadrant. "Thank you ma'am, for approving my assignment. I look forward to getting to know you and your crew." He sat back down to mind his station, but he kept an eye on her just in case she wanted more of a conversation then that.

"Lieutenant Gespard," Lillian said with a small nod, taking it in and settling back into her chair a little bit. "It's nice to have you. As you were probably aware when we docked at Station 318, we took quite a heavy beating and once again I had to get a crew together. You were sent to me and I was pretty certain that I could use you. Having a good helmsman is always important."

Derek laughed a little bit from his seat next to Kalen. "Obviously you needed more than one."

"He has a much more extensive record, Ensign," Lillian reminded him, sending him a friendly look.

It was still a look of warning, but it was warm and friendly and Lillian was in a good mood. It was about time to see her son and then they were due to go on an exploration mission and she wanted more than anything to make this all work out. Besides, meeting new people meant making new friends and she wanted to make new friends. It would be nice to have more people to talk to and she also had to admit to herself that she was a little bit worried that Marshall still had spies on her ship. Everyone on the ship was now aware that they had been attacked by the legendary Doclin, but no one knew his identity still and for fear of his wrath, Lillian wasn't talking.

"Have you seen the ship?" Lillian asked Kalen happily. "Our Mess Halls and Holodecks are lovely. As is our Sickbay, but as a former doctor, I think that's a personal thing."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge

"Lieutenant Gespard," Lillian said with a small nod, taking it in and settling back into her chair a little bit. "It's nice to have you. As you were probably aware when we docked at Station 318, we took quite a heavy beating and once again I had to get a crew together. You were sent to me and I was pretty certain that I could use you. Having a good helmsman is always important."

Derek laughed a little bit from his seat next to Kalen. "Obviously you needed more than one."

"He has a much more extensive record, Ensign," Lillian reminded him, sending him a friendly look.

It was still a look of warning, but it was warm and friendly and Lillian was in a good mood. It was about time to see her son and then they were due to go on an exploration mission and she wanted more than anything to make this all work out. Besides, meeting new people meant making new friends and she wanted to make new friends. It would be nice to have more people to talk to and she also had to admit to herself that she was a little bit worried that Marshall still had spies on her ship. Everyone on the ship was now aware that they had been attacked by the legendary Doclin, but no one knew his identity still and for fear of his wrath, Lillian wasn't talking.

"Have you seen the ship?" Lillian asked Kalen happily. "Our Mess Halls and Holodecks are lovely. As is our Sickbay, but as a former doctor, I think that's a personal thing."

He chuckled lightly and nodded, "Yes I was briefed upon your arrival of your state and some details of your command ma'am. I will also be willing to aid in a crisis with engineering difficulties. It was my duty on the Arjento, and I tend to think outside the box. Or at least that's what my chief always told me." He looked to his copilot on this endeavor and nodded at him, "Don't worry I plan to be as helpful as I can. This ship is better for the both of us. We are all a team here."

He wanted to get to know the crew and didn't want to alienate the young man. He looked to be younger than even Kalen, but other than that he couldn't tell much about the man. He would get to know his partner and his nuances and how he piloted as the missions went forward.

He looked back to Lillian and shook his head, "Not entirely ma'am. I've been familiarizing myself with your ship via schematics rather than first hand. I like to know what she's capable of. And she sure is capable of quite a bit. All I've done so far is stop by engineering before I came up to the bridge to report to my post. I would however love to view it when I am not needed upon the bridge." He noted that she had said that she had been a doctor before commanding a ship. That information wasn't given to him in her dossier that he was allowed to see and it intrigued him. That was probably why she was so good with people. One had to be kind in order to heal the sick and wounded. They had to trust you and stay calm for you to do it too.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:21 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge

He chuckled lightly and nodded, "Yes I was briefed upon your arrival of your state and some details of your command ma'am. I will also be willing to aid in a crisis with engineering difficulties. It was my duty on the Arjento, and I tend to think outside the box. Or at least that's what my chief always told me." He looked to his copilot on this endeavor and nodded at him, "Don't worry I plan to be as helpful as I can. This ship is better for the both of us. We are all a team here."

He wanted to get to know the crew and didn't want to alienate the young man. He looked to be younger than even Kalen, but other than that he couldn't tell much about the man. He would get to know his partner and his nuances and how he piloted as the missions went forward.

He looked back to Lillian and shook his head, "Not entirely ma'am. I've been familiarizing myself with your ship via schematics rather than first hand. I like to know what she's capable of. And she sure is capable of quite a bit. All I've done so far is stop by engineering before I came up to the bridge to report to my post. I would however love to view it when I am not needed upon the bridge." He noted that she had said that she had been a doctor before commanding a ship. That information wasn't given to him in her dossier that he was allowed to see and it intrigued him. That was probably why she was so good with people. One had to be kind in order to heal the sick and wounded. They had to trust you and stay calm for you to do it too.

Lillian smiled at his knowledge of her condition. "That's good, because I have lost a couple of officers because they think I'll prove to be too hormonal as I'm already a Betazoid. However, that's why I have a 1st and 2nd Officer right?" she asked with a small laugh, scrunching up her nose in thought as to how to help him to mingle with the rest of the crew. "Well then, when you have the time you should definitely go to the Mess Hall. Sometimes there are poker games and food eating contests and all sorts of mingling by the crew so if you're looking to get to know the crew I suggest there. The Holodeck serves its purpose for relaxation and such and of course Sickbay and the Science Offices have all of the research going on if you're interested in that. Lieutenant Life is our Chief of Science and she enjoys her work so she'd be happy to talk to you about it. As for Sickbay...while I adore and respect both of our Chiefs, I suggest only asking if you think they're in a good mood--that or ask me and I'll give you a tour of it."

She wished she didn't have to introduce Sickbay like that but Reius was a disgruntled retired General and Elena was a testy joined Trill. How she ended up getting a medical staff that was so frustrating she didn't know, but they did their jobs so well that one really couldn't complain except about their bedside manner. Speaking of marines though, Lillian was reminded of Taylor and just thinking about him brought a smile to her face. Still, this was about work and so she just kept on talking.

"We have marines and if you wish to view them in action then Lieutenant Colonel Lucas will be more than happy to show you around." Lillian said with a nod. "He also has a bit of a mood, but appeal to his ego and praise his men and he'll turn on the friendlier charm. He's our Marine Commanding Officer and Ensign Hodge right there is your fellow pilot. Since I've instated you as Chief Navigations Officer, he is part of your department. That means that when the senior officers have a meeting, I expect you to be in the Briefing Room with a report ready for me or Commander Bakel, or Lieutenant Commander Sharpe as they are 1st and 2nd Officer respectively. Commander Bakel I assume you've met, however, as she's on the bridge more than me--I adore that Bajoran and I wouldn't leave this ship in anyone's hands but hers...other than Sharpe and Donovan who takes care of her during the graveyard shifts."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:54 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge

Lillian smiled at his knowledge of her condition. "That's good, because I have lost a couple of officers because they think I'll prove to be too hormonal as I'm already a Betazoid. However, that's why I have a 1st and 2nd Officer right?" she asked with a small laugh, scrunching up her nose in thought as to how to help him to mingle with the rest of the crew. "Well then, when you have the time you should definitely go to the Mess Hall. Sometimes there are poker games and food eating contests and all sorts of mingling by the crew so if you're looking to get to know the crew I suggest there. The Holodeck serves its purpose for relaxation and such and of course Sickbay and the Science Offices have all of the research going on if you're interested in that. Lieutenant Life is our Chief of Science and she enjoys her work so she'd be happy to talk to you about it. As for Sickbay...while I adore and respect both of our Chiefs, I suggest only asking if you think they're in a good mood--that or ask me and I'll give you a tour of it."

She wished she didn't have to introduce Sickbay like that but Reius was a disgruntled retired General and Elena was a testy joined Trill. How she ended up getting a medical staff that was so frustrating she didn't know, but they did their jobs so well that one really couldn't complain except about their bedside manner. Speaking of marines though, Lillian was reminded of Taylor and just thinking about him brought a smile to her face. Still, this was about work and so she just kept on talking.

"We have marines and if you wish to view them in action then Lieutenant Colonel Lucas will be more than happy to show you around." Lillian said with a nod. "He also has a bit of a mood, but appeal to his ego and praise his men and he'll turn on the friendlier charm. He's our Marine Commanding Officer and Ensign Hodge right there is your fellow pilot. Since I've instated you as Chief Navigations Officer, he is part of your department. That means that when the senior officers have a meeting, I expect you to be in the Briefing Room with a report ready for me or Commander Bakel, or Lieutenant Commander Sharpe as they are 1st and 2nd Officer respectively. Commander Bakel I assume you've met, however, as she's on the bridge more than me--I adore that Bajoran and I wouldn't leave this ship in anyone's hands but hers...other than Sharpe and Donovan who takes care of her during the graveyard shifts."

He nodded, "As you are aware ma'am, I'm familiar with that loss. Don't worry, I wouldn't dare do that to you. Even though I have my crazy ideas, they usually work. I hope to have a well oiled working relationship. I will know your ship almost as well as you before the week is up. That I promise you." He nodded, raising an eyebrow slightly. She was so candid and upfront with her thoughts, or so it seemed. He was used to being given orders, not advice and friendly assistance. Starfleet was right. And there was something different about her that sparked his curiosity, but for the time being he couldn't put his finger on it.

"I will most assuredly visit both the holodecks and the mess hall. Crew morale is important and I like to be as big a part of it as I can. I also like to play water polo, so the holodecks will be very influential on my time off duty." He laughed merrily, imagining taking his time off that evening to go and wind down with just that. The engineering department was all that he cared for on the ship, but the science office would intrigue him and probably get him out of his element. He liked to be challenged. "I will also talk to Lieutenant Life as well. The Science Office would hold many a new wonder for me, and I would enjoy learning as much as I can about it. As for sickbay ma'am..I've seen enough sickbays to last me for quite some time." He looked over to his copilot and refrained from saying more. He didn't like to open up about what he went through and didn't need for a stranger knowing all his deep dark secrets.

He thought about looking into the marines for a moment or three. He had been given high marks for marksmanship at the academy, but they weren't anything stellar that he should brag about. But he could learn a thing or two in case he needed it again. He hadn't hardly held a phaser since the academy save for when he clutched one to his chest and held his breath in the compartment aboard the Arjento. His training had failed him then, but he wondered if that was a good thing. It wasn't always the best idea to try to be a hero. No matter how much he wanted to be one to save some of his friends.

He saluted slightly, at her comment about the reports. "Yes ma'am. I will fulfill my duties to the best of my ability and strive to do better than even that. I thank you for this opportunity. And yes ma'am, she was the one I reported to upon arrival, though we hardly spoke. I look forward to getting to know the command crew and the rest of the crew as the days pass." He looked back down to his panel to make minor adjustments to their course and smiled widely at the beauty of it all. He would make this ship his home. These men and women, they were his family now. Even though he had only been on the ship a few days, he felt like he belonged there. "Ma'am I do have one question though. In the brief they gave me, they said that this was to be an exploration mission." He paused for a moment and a chill ran up his spine, "But they didn't inform me upon our headings past the starbase we are navigating to right now. Where are we destined for, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge

He nodded, "As you are aware ma'am, I'm familiar with that loss. Don't worry, I wouldn't dare do that to you. Even though I have my crazy ideas, they usually work. I hope to have a well oiled working relationship. I will know your ship almost as well as you before the week is up. That I promise you." He nodded, raising an eyebrow slightly. She was so candid and upfront with her thoughts, or so it seemed. He was used to being given orders, not advice and friendly assistance. Starfleet was right. And there was something different about her that sparked his curiosity, but for the time being he couldn't put his finger on it.

"I will most assuredly visit both the holodecks and the mess hall. Crew morale is important and I like to be as big a part of it as I can. I also like to play water polo, so the holodecks will be very influential on my time off duty." He laughed merrily, imagining taking his time off that evening to go and wind down with just that. The engineering department was all that he cared for on the ship, but the science office would intrigue him and probably get him out of his element. He liked to be challenged. "I will also talk to Lieutenant Life as well. The Science Office would hold many a new wonder for me, and I would enjoy learning as much as I can about it. As for sickbay ma'am..I've seen enough sickbays to last me for quite some time." He looked over to his copilot and refrained from saying more. He didn't like to open up about what he went through and didn't need for a stranger knowing all his deep dark secrets.

He thought about looking into the marines for a moment or three. He had been given high marks for marksmanship at the academy, but they weren't anything stellar that he should brag about. But he could learn a thing or two in case he needed it again. He hadn't hardly held a phaser since the academy save for when he clutched one to his chest and held his breath in the compartment aboard the Arjento. His training had failed him then, but he wondered if that was a good thing. It wasn't always the best idea to try to be a hero. No matter how much he wanted to be one to save some of his friends.

He saluted slightly, at her comment about the reports. "Yes ma'am. I will fulfill my duties to the best of my ability and strive to do better than even that. I thank you for this opportunity. And yes ma'am, she was the one I reported to upon arrival, though we hardly spoke. I look forward to getting to know the command crew and the rest of the crew as the days pass." He looked back down to his panel to make minor adjustments to their course and smiled widely at the beauty of it all. He would make this ship his home. These men and women, they were his family now. Even though he had only been on the ship a few days, he felt like he belonged there. "Ma'am I do have one question though. In the brief they gave me, they said that this was to be an exploration mission." He paused for a moment and a chill ran up his spine, "But they didn't inform me upon our headings past the starbase we are navigating to right now. Where are we destined for, ma'am?"

"Just call me, Cap unless it's crunch time, Lieutenant. 'Ma'am' is so formal." Lillian said with a gentle laugh. "But I'm glad to know you're here and I think you'll be happy with the ship. She's a pretty thing with some power in her and lots of experience--more than me. You should have a chat with Lieutenant Commander Sharpe too, as he's our Chief Engineer and I'm sure he has some extra work for you if you want it. And things get overwhelming, we have two fabulous counselors, though Lieutenant Veridian seems less busy than Lieutenant Shields. We don't bite, I promise."

She winked at him and then smiled brightly and looked around the bridge at the new faces. She'd lost three bridge members in Doclin's attack and it hurt her more than she could say. That and she wondered where Marlo was and she was waiting until then to leave the bridge to her and go to check on her messages in her Ready Room. That was an important part of her job and she expected she should do that soon as possible since her job as a captain was never done.

"If you ever need to leave me a message, relay it to Yeoman Salazar over there and he'll give it to me. I've never had a Yeoman but here he is and so far he's been completely brilliant so don't hesitate to give him something to do." Lillian explained to him with a smile on her face. "As to our destination, after a short rendezvous with Station 291 we will be headed to the Drola System to explore some strange phenomenon. That's of course not counting the little stops along the way because of distress calls or scans that lead us to supplies we might need."
Back to top Go down
Kalen Gespard
Lieutenant (R)
Lieutenant (R)
Kalen Gespard

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:17 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge

"Just call me, Cap unless it's crunch time, Lieutenant. 'Ma'am' is so formal." Lillian said with a gentle laugh. "But I'm glad to know you're here and I think you'll be happy with the ship. She's a pretty thing with some power in her and lots of experience--more than me. You should have a chat with Lieutenant Commander Sharpe too, as he's our Chief Engineer and I'm sure he has some extra work for you if you want it. And things get overwhelming, we have two fabulous counselors, though Lieutenant Veridian seems less busy than Lieutenant Shields. We don't bite, I promise."

She winked at him and then smiled brightly and looked around the bridge at the new faces. She'd lost three bridge members in Doclin's attack and it hurt her more than she could say. That and she wondered where Marlo was and she was waiting until then to leave the bridge to her and go to check on her messages in her Ready Room. That was an important part of her job and she expected she should do that soon as possible since her job as a captain was never done.

"If you ever need to leave me a message, relay it to Yeoman Salazar over there and he'll give it to me. I've never had a Yeoman but here he is and so far he's been completely brilliant so don't hesitate to give him something to do." Lillian explained to him with a smile on her face. "As to our destination, after a short rendezvous with Station 291 we will be headed to the Drola System to explore some strange phenomenon. That's of course not counting the little stops along the way because of distress calls or scans that lead us to supplies we might need."

He found the informality such a change from his last duty station. But he would adhere to it, it would make life aboard the ship much easier. It put a smile on his face, how happy just being here for a few days had made him. It was all so different, but his father had always told him to change and that change for him would be a good thing. In this case and surprisingly enough, he agreed with the man.

"Yes Captain. You'll have to forgive me, despite my rank and experiences, I still feel fresh out of the academy. It was a good habit to develop." He paused for a moment to look at the console under his hands to make sure he wasn't astray and then back to her. "I am glad to be here as well, and I am already happy with her. She has some surprises in her, I can assure you of that." He nodded, he had seen the man very briefly on his trip to engineering. "I will talk with him if I find I have quite a bit of free time off duty with a need to be put to good use. I don't like to sit on my hands. I like to be of help to anyone I can." He took the subject of counselors cautiously, choosing his words carefully. "Thank you again, I will talk to Lieutenant Veridian if I have the need Captain." He laughed at the biting comment. He was sure some people onboard might, but he would never give them reason to.

He looked to the Yeoman and saluted the man informally. He had a great respect for his last Yeoman, the man had made the ship and her crew move with hardly any friction. It was amazing what a few key souls on board could do to make for smooth sailing. He listened to her last comment for a moment and breathed a sigh of relief. That wouldn't give him any problems. Despite being mentally qualified for duty, the last thing he would want would be to take another visit anywhere near his last post. "Sounds like an excellent flight Captain. I look forward to the voyage with you and your crew. It will be a grand adventure." He smiled warmly and turned back to his station, looking at the star charts with a rekindled hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge   Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kalen and Lilly - Welcome to my Bridge
Page 1 of 1