USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick Empty
PostSubject: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:49 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Sareth wasn't feeling very good as he meandered into Megan's room, climbing up with his sleeping aunt and touching her clammy skin. She wasn't doing very well at all and Sareth had a feeling that he had caught it. He had a feeling that he had limited time left and without his mother he wanted to be with his aunt so he curled up with her and smiled a little when she wrapped her arm around him sleepily.

"You think too loud, Kid," she joked, coughing a little and then smiling sadly. "You too? Don't worry--your mother is the best and she'll cure us in no time."

Sareth nodded slowly at that. "I know...I know."

He knew his mother was the best but at the same time he also knew that she had almost died from this very disease and Taylor had saved her with a cure on hold--his grandparents talked. Now Lillian had to make this cure and there wasn't a stock she could just grab some from...at the same time, knowing that there was a cure was rather comforting.

"I blame Jason," Sareth said gently, kissing Megan's cheek. "I don't trust him."

"Me neither, Kid," Megan said weakly. "Me neither."
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Sareth wasn't feeling very good as he meandered into Megan's room, climbing up with his sleeping aunt and touching her clammy skin. She wasn't doing very well at all and Sareth had a feeling that he had caught it. He had a feeling that he had limited time left and without his mother he wanted to be with his aunt so he curled up with her and smiled a little when she wrapped her arm around him sleepily.

"You think too loud, Kid," she joked, coughing a little and then smiling sadly. "You too? Don't worry--your mother is the best and she'll cure us in no time."

He knew his mother was the best but at the same time he also knew that she had almost died from this very disease and Taylor had saved her with a cure on hold--his grandparents talked. Now Lillian had to make this cure and there wasn't a stock she could just grab some from...at the same time, knowing that there was a cure was rather comforting.

"I blame Jason," Sareth said gently, kissing Megan's cheek. "I don't trust him."

With the objective secured Taylor's role in the operation was more or less completed. His marines had been stood down since the planatery garrison had taken over. His presence was merely to deal with the bomb and that was that. Of course he was to remain on station in case anything had cropped up. At least he had found a new phaser carbine to sling over his shoulder. Taylor decided to visit the house where Lillian had grown up, where they had spent their first night together. The location was etched in memory and it didn't take long for him to reach the front door.

Taylor wasn't exactly presentable; his wound had been healed but there was still blood matting his hair and dried on his face. He was tired, angry and frustrated. He hadn't even bothered to clean up and change into duty uniform since the job hadn't been done. The armour stayed on and his helmet was stuck on his webbing. Knocking the door he waited to be admitted.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

With the objective secured Taylor's role in the operation was more or less completed. His marines had been stood down since the planatery garrison had taken over. His presence was merely to deal with the bomb and that was that. Of course he was to remain on station in case anything had cropped up. At least he had found a new phaser carbine to sling over his shoulder. Taylor decided to visit the house where Lillian had grown up, where they had spent their first night together. The location was etched in memory and it didn't take long for him to reach the front door.

Taylor wasn't exactly presentable; his wound had been healed but there was still blood matting his hair and dried on his face. He was tired, angry and frustrated. He hadn't even bothered to clean up and change into duty uniform since the job hadn't been done. The armour stayed on and his helmet was stuck on his webbing. Knocking the door he waited to be admitted.

Minas was the first one to the door, even though Leona sensed the marine as well, and when he opened up the door he nodded a little bit and motioned the marine inside. Then he closed the door behind him and held out his hand, offering him the chance the shake it and hoping that he took it. This was the first time they had ever officially met and he wanted Taylor to feel welcome since he had promised Lillian that he would try.

"Minas Crae, nice to meet you Taylor," he told him slowly. "This is my wife, Leona and it's a pleasure to have you here. If you're looking for Sareth, I suggest you clean up first."

Leona nodded in agreement, not as friendly as Minas in her actions. "I'd rather he didn't see you covered in blood and dirt. There's a shower down that way."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Minas was the first one to the door, even though Leona sensed the marine as well, and when he opened up the door he nodded a little bit and motioned the marine inside. Then he closed the door behind him and held out his hand, offering him the chance the shake it and hoping that he took it. This was the first time they had ever officially met and he wanted Taylor to feel welcome since he had promised Lillian that he would try.

"Minas Crae, nice to meet you Taylor," he told him slowly. "This is my wife, Leona and it's a pleasure to have you here. If you're looking for Sareth, I suggest you clean up first."

Leona nodded in agreement, not as friendly as Minas in her actions. "I'd rather he didn't see you covered in blood and dirt. There's a shower down that way."

Shaking Minas' hand Taylor walked inside the house and gave both of them rather curt nods in acknowledgement. With the carbine across his back Taylor stood there and thought about how good he'd feel after a shower. Instead Taylor's shoulders sagged and he shook his head to decline the offer. "I understand how important it is that Sareth's sees me in a more presentable manner ma'am and sir but my marines are stuck in a barrack block with orders to remain ever ready. It took me a lot of pleading to get the time to see my step-son and if I'm called I must leave. My men don't have the choice of showering and as long as that remains the case I won't partake that luxury."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Shaking Minas' hand Taylor walked inside the house and gave both of them rather curt nods in acknowledgement. With the carbine across his back Taylor stood there and thought about how good he'd feel after a shower. Instead Taylor's shoulders sagged and he shook his head to decline the offer. "I understand how important it is that Sareth's sees me in a more presentable manner ma'am and sir but my marines are stuck in a barrack block with orders to remain ever ready. It took me a lot of pleading to get the time to see my step-son and if I'm called I must leave. My men don't have the choice of showering and as long as that remains the case I won't partake that luxury."

"That's very honorable of you," Minas nodded at his explanation and pointed up the stairs while Leona checked the beeping console in their Living Room.

The old Betazoid wasn't going to deny Taylor seeing Sareth even if part of him still felt like it was a bad idea because Sareth had last seen the man before he was declared MIA and then KIA by Starfleet. While he knew Taylor was alive now, it didn't stop the five year old from thinking the worse when he saw blood and Minas didn't want him to worry so much. He'd been through quite enough already, but Sareth and Lillian loved Taylor and the fact that Taylor was here meant the world to Minas and warmed his heart.

"He's with Megan," Minas explained to him slowly. "You know how Lillybean was when she got this virus, so be mindful of how like death she feels right now. Being with Sareth is really the only high point of this so don't ignore her. I know you two don't exactly get along, but this isn't exactly a situation we can just snap our fingers and have gone."

Leona sighed as she came back into the room. "I'll come with you, I need to get blood from Sareth anyway for Lilly."

"Be tactful, Leona," Minas reminded her as he watched Leona begin to lead Taylor up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:07 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

"That's very honorable of you," Minas nodded at his explanation and pointed up the stairs while Leona checked the beeping console in their Living Room.

The old Betazoid wasn't going to deny Taylor seeing Sareth even if part of him still felt like it was a bad idea because Sareth had last seen the man before he was declared MIA and then KIA by Starfleet. While he knew Taylor was alive now, it didn't stop the five year old from thinking the worse when he saw blood and Minas didn't want him to worry so much. He'd been through quite enough already, but Sareth and Lillian loved Taylor and the fact that Taylor was here meant the world to Minas and warmed his heart.

"He's with Megan," Minas explained to him slowly. "You know how Lillybean was when she got this virus, so be mindful of how like death she feels right now. Being with Sareth is really the only high point of this so don't ignore her. I know you two don't exactly get along, but this isn't exactly a situation we can just snap our fingers and have gone."

Leona sighed as she came back into the room. "I'll come with you, I need to get blood from Sareth anyway for Lilly."

"Be tactful, Leona," Minas reminded her as he watched Leona begin to lead Taylor up the stairs.

It felt good that someone finally saw Taylor's honourable side than think him simply as some gung-ho marine looking for the next fight. Minas had already scored a point in the marine's books with that remark and he smiled slightly as he was led upstairs. He was finally getting to see Sareth, after all this time. It was a sobering moment and he hoped that he wouldn't say or do something stupid to upset him.

When he entered the room where Megan and Sareth were Taylor gripped his carbine's sling, taking off his shoulder and planting it onto a chair before kneeling beside the boy. "And I thought your mother was the lazy one." he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:59 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

It felt good that someone finally saw Taylor's honourable side rather than think him simply as some gung-ho marine looking for the next fight. Minas had already scored a point in the marine's books with that remark and he smiled slightly as he was led upstairs. He was finally getting to see Sareth, after all this time. It was a sobering moment and he hoped that he wouldn't say or do something stupid to upset him.

When he entered the room where Megan and Sareth were Taylor gripped his carbine's sling, taking it off his shoulder and planting it onto a chair before kneeling beside the boy. "And I thought your mother was the lazy one." he said softly.

Sareth's eyes lit up as Megan chuckled a little, coughing as she chuckled and then letting herself sit up a bit and watch the reunion. She knew how much Sareth had missed Taylor while he was gone and this was their chance to reconcile and she tried to hide her cringes as she watched Sareth hit Taylor in the shoulder and then wrap his arms around him. It was his anger and his happiness all in one little gesture and he just wanted to be happy, and he was--he loved Taylor very much.

"Taylor!" Sareth said as he hugged him close. "You smell funny."

Megan smiled and nodded. "He looks a bit funny too. We should give them a moment before you do anything, Mom--I can still read your mind, however faintly."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:39 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

It felt good that someone finally saw Taylor's honourable side rather than think him simply as some gung-ho marine looking for the next fight. Minas had already scored a point in the marine's books with that remark and he smiled slightly as he was led upstairs. He was finally getting to see Sareth, after all this time. It was a sobering moment and he hoped that he wouldn't say or do something stupid to upset him.

When he entered the room where Megan and Sareth were Taylor gripped his carbine's sling, taking it off his shoulder and planting it onto a chair before kneeling beside the boy. "And I thought your mother was the lazy one." he said softly.

Sareth's eyes lit up as Megan chuckled a little, coughing as she chuckled and then letting herself sit up a bit and watch the reunion. She knew how much Sareth had missed Taylor while he was gone and this was their chance to reconcile and she tried to hide her cringes as she watched Sareth hit Taylor in the shoulder and then wrap his arms around him. It was his anger and his happiness all in one little gesture and he just wanted to be happy, and he was--he loved Taylor very much.

Megan smiled and nodded. "He looks a bit funny too. We should give them a moment before you do anything, Mom--I can still read your mind, however faintly."

With the armour the physical effects of Sareth's small punch were non-existent the emotional ones were rather evident on his face. All Taylor could do was hold Sareth and feel his shoulders sag and rise, no noise coming from him. Taylor felt pangs of pain in his heart, this house...Sareth...a family completed. Tears were rolling down his face as he kissed Sareth's forehead.

"It's just the phaser discharge." he lied, not wanting to worry the boy about the blood on his head. Years of emotions bottled up and used as fuel against enemies just spilled over down his cheeks as he snuggled into Sareth, afraid that letting him go would somehow mean that he'd lose him forever.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

With the armour the physical effects of Sareth's small punch were non-existent the emotional ones were rather evident on his face. All Taylor could do was hold Sareth and feel his shoulders sag and rise, no noise coming from him. Taylor felt pangs of pain in his heart, this house...Sareth...a family completed. Tears were rolling down his face as he kissed Sareth's forehead.

"It's just the phaser discharge." he lied, not wanting to worry the boy about the blood on his head. Years of emotions bottled up and used as fuel against enemies just spilled over down his cheeks as he snuggled into Sareth, afraid that letting him go would somehow mean that he'd lose him forever.

"No it's not," Sareth whispered, catching onto the lie and snuggling in even closer, his face buried in Taylor's neck as much as he could. "I'm just glad you're here and safe."

"You're already a dad," Megan said happily with a tired smile on her face. "Congratulations."

She honestly meant it, and while Leona was warmed a bit by the scene, she needed to take Sareth's blood and get it to his mother. So she picked the kid up and kissed his cheeks as Megan patted the bed so Taylor could sit down and take a load off, Leona getting a sample even though Sareth was not happy about it. When she was finished, he went straight back over to Taylor and Megan and Leona left to go and see Lillian, Minas downstairs working on Ambassador issues.

"Momma shouldn't be here to get infected again," Sareth said as he went back to wrapping his arms around Taylor again. "Jason did this, I know he did. I don't want him near Momma. He hurt Aunt Megan and he hurt me."

Megan reached out and stroked the boy's hair. "Kid, it's okay--Taylor would never let anything happen to your mother...hey...you're starting to burn up." She told him in a worried voice as she felt his forehead and had to lay back down, weak. "Taylor, can you get him a comprass please?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:34 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

"No it's not," Sareth whispered, catching onto the lie and snuggling in even closer, his face buried in Taylor's neck as much as he could. "I'm just glad you're here and safe."

"You're already a dad," Megan said happily with a tired smile on her face. "Congratulations."

She honestly meant it, and while Leona was warmed a bit by the scene, she needed to take Sareth's blood and get it to his mother. So she picked the kid up and kissed his cheeks as Megan patted the bed so Taylor could sit down and take a load off, Leona getting a sample even though Sareth was not happy about it. When she was finished, he went straight back over to Taylor and Megan and Leona left to go and see Lillian, Minas downstairs working on Ambassador issues.

"Momma shouldn't be here to get infected again," Sareth said as he went back to wrapping his arms around Taylor again. "Jason did this, I know he did. I don't want him near Momma. He hurt Aunt Megan and he hurt me."

Megan reached out and stroked the boy's hair. "Kid, it's okay--Taylor would never let anything happen to your mother...hey...you're starting to burn up." She told him in a worried voice as she felt his forehead and had to lay back down, weak. "Taylor, can you get him a compress please?"

Nodding Taylor fetched a cloth and replicated some ice, tying it into a bag. Taking the homemade icebag he rested it against Sareth's forehead. He remembered when Lillian was infected with the virus, how burnt up she got, how bad she became. Sadly there was no Cardassian bunker to rob stocked to merry hell with vaccines. That would be been nice. Hell if they had the time he would have gone back to that overgrown mess stocked with massive reptiles just for Sareth.

"You don't need to worry about Jason son, he and I had some words." said Taylor darkly, trying to keep down the feeling of dark satisfaction of killing the man. "He was involved with the bombs so I had to lock him up."

What he told Sareth with words and told Megan with a nod where two different things. She'd know that Taylor didn't mess around when it came to threats against people he cared about regardless of the circumstances. She and Lars both.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Megan reached out and stroked the boy's hair. "Kid, it's okay--Taylor would never let anything happen to your mother...hey...you're starting to burn up." She told him in a worried voice as she felt his forehead and had to lay back down, weak. "Taylor, can you get him a compress please?"

Nodding Taylor fetched a cloth and replicated some ice, tying it into a bag. Taking the homemade icebag he rested it against Sareth's forehead. He remembered when Lillian was infected with the virus, how burnt up she got, how bad she became. Sadly there was no Cardassian bunker to rob stocked to merry hell with vaccines. That would have been nice. Hell if they had the time he would have gone back to that overgrown mess stocked with massive reptiles just for Sareth.

"You don't need to worry about Jason, son, he and I had some words," said Taylor darkly, trying to keep down the feeling of dark satisfaction of killing the man. "He was involved with the bombs so I had to lock him up."

What he told Sareth with words and told Megan with a nod where two different things. She'd know that Taylor didn't mess around when it came to threats against people he cared about regardless of the circumstances. She and Lars both.

"See? What did I say?" Megan told Sareth with a weak smile as she lay there, Sareth getting back onto the bed with her and nodding slowly. "He'll protect us all without us even asking him to do so."

He wanted to see his mother and soon, wondering what would happen if he progressed as bad as Megan--Megan was on her last legs and was only holding out to see Lillian too. What if Lillian didn't get here in time? What if Megan passed? Sareth wouldn't be able to handle that, but he wouldn't leave Megan alone for a moment, that was for sure.

"What if you get sick, Taylor?" Sareth asked him slowly, snuggling into Megan and reaching out to hold Taylor's hand.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Nodding Taylor fetched a cloth and replicated some ice, tying it into a bag. Taking the homemade icebag he rested it against Sareth's forehead. He remembered when Lillian was infected with the virus, how burnt up she got, how bad she became. Sadly there was no Cardassian bunker to rob stocked to merry hell with vaccines. That would have been nice. Hell if they had the time he would have gone back to that overgrown mess stocked with massive reptiles just for Sareth.

"You don't need to worry about Jason, son, he and I had some words," said Taylor darkly, trying to keep down the feeling of dark satisfaction of killing the man. "He was involved with the bombs so I had to lock him up."

"See? What did I say?" Megan told Sareth with a weak smile as she lay there, Sareth getting back onto the bed with her and nodding slowly. "He'll protect us all without us even asking him to do so."

He wanted to see his mother and soon, wondering what would happen if he progressed as bad as Megan--Megan was on her last legs and was only holding out to see Lillian too. What if Lillian didn't get here in time? What if Megan passed? Sareth wouldn't be able to handle that, but he wouldn't leave Megan alone for a moment, that was for sure.

"What if you get sick, Taylor?" Sareth asked him slowly, snuggling into Megan and reaching out to hold Taylor's hand.

Taking Sareth's hand the marine just gave a warm smile to the boy, the same smile he would give his own marines when everything was looking grim. It was the smile that would tell them that for better or worse he'd do his best to see them through it all and Taylor was damn well going to keep beside Sareth for as long as he could.

"Well, I'll just have to get better now won't I?" teased Taylor with his smile. "Your mother is the brains of the outfit, she'll get the cure all whipped up."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Taking Sareth's hand the marine just gave a warm smile to the boy, the same smile he would give his own marines when everything was looking grim. It was the smile that would tell them that for better or worse he'd do his best to see them through it all and Taylor was damn well going to keep beside Sareth for as long as he could.

"Well, I'll just have to get better now won't I?" teased Taylor with his smile. "Your mother is the brains of the outfit, she'll get the cure all whipped up."

"Would you like something to eat, Taylor?" Minas asked from the doorway, watching his future son-in-law with his grandson with a small smile on his face. "How does some meat sound to everyone?"

Sareth squeezed Taylor's hand as Megan just nodded. "I am a little hungry..."

"Well, your grandmother is making some food so how about it Taylor? Hungry too?" Minas asked again, warming up to Taylor more and more the more he observed him.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:58 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

"Would you like something to eat, Taylor?" Minas asked from the doorway, watching his future son-in-law with his grandson with a small smile on his face. "How does some meat sound to everyone?"

"Well, your grandmother is making some food so how about it Taylor? Hungry too?" Minas asked again, warming up to Taylor more and more the more he observed him.

"Well I suppose it was about time I had dinner with the folks now isn't it?" agreed Taylor with a smile as he kissed Sareth's head again before standing up. He still had his TED over his left eye and it was filtering comm-chatter into his left ear. Some was squaking so he grabbed his 'talk' button hanging on a wire across his front.

"Roger, tell Fenris marines to stand down. Stand down." he said before nodding at Minas again,

"Betazed Security Forces are handling the situation. My boys have been stood down so it looks like you've got me for longer."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:04 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

"Well I suppose it was about time I had dinner with the folks now isn't it?" agreed Taylor with a smile as he kissed Sareth's head again before standing up. He still had his TED over his left eye and it was filtering comm-chatter into his left ear. Some was squaking so he grabbed his 'talk' button hanging on a wire across his front.

"Roger, tell Fenris marines to stand down. Stand down," he said before nodding at Minas again.

"Betazed Security Forces are handling the situation. My boys have been stood down so it looks like you've got me for longer."

Minas smiled at that and motioned to the door. "Then lets let these two have a rest and I can give you a good, actual tour. I hear you love art almost as much as Sareth, so have I got an art gallery to show you. When this is all over I'd like to get your men showered and fed as well."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 am

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

"Roger, tell Fenris marines to stand down. Stand down," he said before nodding at Minas again.

Minas smiled at that and motioned to the door. "Then lets let these two have a rest and I can give you a good, actual tour. I hear you love art almost as much as Sareth, so have I got an art gallery to show you. When this is all over I'd like to get your men showered and fed as well."

Slinging his carbine over his back Taylor nodded and left through the door but not before waving to Sareth and Megan one last time. "It's over for my marines so they're already getting rested. I suppose that also means that I can partake the luxury for a good shower and a hot meal. It would be best to make myself more presentable for the dinner table."

With a smile he wandered towards where he knew where the art gallery was, guided by memory of a night so long ago. It was like he was that young lieutenant all over again. "I have to thank you for offering to look after my marines. I'm not used to people offering to help them but if they're stood down they'll already be eating one of the marine bases out of house and home. And I do like art...something of a painter myself but I've not really had the time to pick up a brush."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:36 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

Slinging his carbine over his back Taylor nodded and left through the door but not before waving to Sareth and Megan one last time. "It's over for my marines so they're already getting rested. I suppose that also means that I can partake the luxury for a good shower and a hot meal. It would be best to make myself more presentable for the dinner table."

With a smile he wandered towards where he knew where the art gallery was, guided by memory of a night so long ago. It was like he was that young lieutenant all over again. "I have to thank you for offering to look after my marines. I'm not used to people offering to help them but if they're stood down they'll already be eating one of the marine bases out of house and home. And I do like art...something of a painter myself but I've not really had the time to pick up a brush."

"You will," Minas responded, resting his hand reassuingly on Taylor's shoulder and patting it. "It'll just take some down time and inspiration."

He knew the young marine had been here before--gotten a tour from Lillian before they got better acquainted up in her room. He would have liked to meet the young marine sooner, but instead he had to meet him formally as such. Minas paused a moment and looked at Taylor, getting his attention and looking him in the eye.

"I'm not going to interrogate you or anything, Taylor...my daughter is madly in love with you and I know you love her too. You love Sareth and you'd protect them no matter what and I appreciate that. I was mostly mad about the broken promise, but if you can tell me you will protect my little girl's heart that she has bestowed upon you, then you have my blessing. Just love her...and let her family get to know you better."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

"You will," Minas responded, resting his hand reassuingly on Taylor's shoulder and patting it. "It'll just take some down time and inspiration."

He knew the young marine had been here before--gotten a tour from Lillian before they got better acquainted up in her room. He would have liked to meet the young marine sooner, but instead he had to meet him formally as such. Minas paused a moment and looked at Taylor, getting his attention and looking him in the eye.

"I'm not going to interrogate you or anything, Taylor...my daughter is madly in love with you and I know you love her too. You love Sareth and you'd protect them no matter what and I appreciate that. I was mostly mad about the broken promise, but if you can tell me you will protect my little girl's heart that she has bestowed upon you, then you have my blessing. Just love her...and let her family get to know you better."

For some reason Taylor found it a lot easier to keep eye contact with his most hated enemies than with the father of his fiancée. Maybe it was just nerves, maybe Taylor was afraid Minas would be able to root through his mind deeper. With a moment of hesitation which was rare to him Taylor nodded slowly.

"Sir, all I can do is my best. It's all a man can ever do. I could make grand promises again without regards to what might happen in the future but I'm aware that they were impossible to keep. So I can say I will do my best to protect Lillian's heart...and I'll try to show her all the love I can give. That's all that can be done...I'm only a man."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:12 pm

||Betazed
||Crae Residence
||TBD

For some reason Taylor found it a lot easier to keep eye contact with his most hated enemies than with the father of his fiancée. Maybe it was just nerves, maybe Taylor was afraid Minas would be able to root through his mind deeper. With a moment of hesitation which was rare to him Taylor nodded slowly.

"Sir, all I can do is my best. It's all a man can ever do. I could make grand promises again without regards to what might happen in the future but I'm aware that they were impossible to keep. So I can say I will do my best to protect Lillian's heart...and I'll try to show her all the love I can give. That's all that can be done...I'm only a man."

"That's all I ask, son," Minas said with a nod. "Now, lets get you cleaned up and then we can have some dinner."

(Done?)
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Yush!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick   Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor and the Craes - Looking After the Sick
Page 1 of 1