USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Away Team...and Taylor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josalyn Dorne
Captain
Captain
Josalyn Dorne

Away Team...and Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Away Team...and Taylor   Away Team...and Taylor I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:29 pm

||Gressla
||Planetside
||0622 hours

Marlo finally let up on the gas pedal, reluctantly, because she'd kind of loved the feel of the wind whipping through her hair. The cave entrance was ahead, and though she didn't know quite how many tunnels were in there, she didn't want to lose the Rover to whomever had loosed the photon grenade, not too long before they landed. She braked, and grabbed the top of the Rover hoisting herself out.

She opened her tricorder and though she read sporadic lifesigns, they were on a mission--mine the dilithium.

"Ready?" She asked, looking around cautiously, hoping that her speed demon driving hadn't attracted any unwanted attention.

"Taylor I've got something on sensors. Three new biosigns just flagged up outside the cave. Picking up Federation transponders also. Looks like whoever is on that ship might be looking for something." Informed Nayla from orbit.

"Roger that, they shouldn't be able to detect me in my armour and as for Lon, well...he's either dead or dying at this point." replied Taylor. If the bodies around him weren't going incriminate him in the eyes of the Starfleet officers. He figured meeting with them up front and to remind them to mind their own business would help them leave quicker. "I'll improvise." He said at last before closing the link.

Taylor left the scene and exited the cave, keeping his plasma rifle close at hand just in case this particular crew preferred to use phasers first. Who knew?

As Elena grabbed a phaser rifle and slung her medical bag over her shoulder, she turned she sensed something off. She wasn't empathic or anything, but after years of practice, Tam knew when something was going on. Elena pointed her phaser at the armored man and stood her ground, wondering what move to make first.

"State your reasons for being here," Marissa piped up, following suit.

She'd noticed Elena's movements and now her eyes were on the man's face. What was he doing here and why was he bleeding?

"My business is my own, Starfleet." replied Taylor with narrow eyes. "I didn't realize I had to constantly call in to make sure I could walk on a Non-Federation world. After all your jurisdictional powers only goes so far. I suggest you scan your rock samples or whatever it is you're here to do."

Marlo's jaw dropped. She motioned for her team to lower their phasers--although she did indeed know the man, he'd been declared KIA on an away mission two months ago. She started to cross her arms over her chest, but she couldn't sit by while someone bled in front of her. She reached out her hand for Elena's medical bag.

"As I live and breathe...Taylor Lucas. Aren't you supposed to be dead? You look horrible and sound bitter--need any medical attention?" She made sure to keep her tone light, even though his appearance here, and his wounds made her sense something was off.

What was he doing here?

"Bakel Marlo...." muttered Taylor who took some time to process the familiar face in his mind. Was the Furling the Federation ship in orbit? "Well as far as the desk jockey's at San Fran are concerned I am dead. It's a long story. As for the face it's fine, just some....spelunking accident."

Of course that was a whole pack of lies right there but Taylor wasn't really in the mood for explaining how he had got from being 'dead' to being a pirate. "I believe congrats are in order...commander? And a red shirt? Get made XO of the ol' Starbase?"

"Enjoy the catch-up--I have a job to do or else our Captain is going to be upset, and none of us want her upset," Marissa said with a nod, making sure her weapons were securely in place before moving towards the cave. "I'll start mining the dilithium, you guys talk shop, or...whatever..."

Marlo saw the subtle twitch of his eyes--he was lying, but she bypassed it and straightened her uniform. "I know, it's weird right? Me...in red. Actually, I'm XO of the USS Fenris...we're just here gathering some dilithium...and letting me test drive our Rover. I'm a speed demon behind the wheel apparently--a rather human trait if I do say so myself. But my compatriots are right, we're kind of busy. Though I'm sure our CO won't mind."

"Right well I'll let you get onto it." said Taylor, surprised that Marlo hadn't mentioned the four bodies around the entrance to the cave. Maybe she was just used to seeing dead people around him. "I'm just going to mind my own business but a word to the wise; if your CO for whatever reason tries to stop me leaving this system I will personally shove my boot up his arse. Just food for thought."

"Captain Crae would not take kindly to such things being said about her, but that is humans for you--constantly opening up their big mouths." Elena responded, pushing past him to follow Marissa. "You might also try cleaning up around here."

From his relatively jovial mood Taylor seemed to darken slightly when Lillian's last name was mentioned. Then he dismissed it as just simple coincidence, after all there must have been a few more Craes kicking about. "They were in the way of what I wanted." stated Taylor coolly about the bodies. "Anyway Lieutenant Spot do I really look like the guy who cares about a captain's hurt feelings? What's she gonna do? Launch a torpedo?"

Elena could actually care less about what he said about Lillian--as much as she respected the woman, they weren't close, she just felt for Marlo's sake she had to say something. That and the man's attitude was pissing her off more than even Reius' sunshine attitude. At the remark about her spots, Elena felt anger swell up in her and was on the move towards him.

"Why you little, bastard," she muttered darkly.

Marlo reached out her arm and stopped Elena from doing anything rash.

"No. Lieutenant, do not engage. That's an order. Go help with the dilithium, I will join you momentarily." Marlo commanded, and then turned to Taylor. "You need an attitude check--go work the stick out of your ass."

Turning to face Elena's aggressive move Taylor just seemed to have this evil little smile on his face. Sometimes it was good to just hit nerves on people for the sake of doing it. An uppity Starfleet officer was just a bonus. "Square go against me and I'll knock the spots off that arse of yours." sneered the pirate. However Marlo had obviously flexed her rank muscles to make her go away.

"Yeah well I should be happy but I'm not." stated Taylor with a shrug. "Reason being is my runabout is in orbit and my partner is injured. If she was Starfleet she'd have access to the cutting edge sickbays. Instead we have to pay latinum for treatment and right now we don't have enough. Would it be possible to get her beamed to your sickbay? I'll do whatever it takes to get the medical attention she needs and it seems like you need a hand."

Marissa could hear the squabble outside, but decided to make sure that she kept her attention on mining the dilithium. Whoever that man was, Marissa would know eventually and she needed to focus on the task at hand because she had a job to complete. Lillian needed the dilithium for the ship and definitely didn't need anymore stress. At the same time, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't curious. Part of her XO's past...it was worth asking about later.

"Lieutenant! Oh, there you...could you help me with this?" Marissa asked her.

Elena tried to take a deep breath to calm herself and nodded, helping Marissa to mine the materials that they needed. She was actually looking forward to seeing Reius to continue their conversation--more so than she was to seeing Taylor again. Next time she had to deal with him, she was pretty sure she was going to rip his head off.

Marlo bit her lip, on the one hand who was she to turn away someone who needed medical attention--on the other, she'd need to warn Lilly about the impending unhappy reunion. She put her hand on Taylor's shoulder, before she turned heel.

"You want medical attention, we'll provide it, as long as you mind yourselves--however...you just pissed off one of our best doctors, with the crack about her Trill dots--I'd be wary."

"Yeah well if your doctor doesn't want to see the outside of an airlock she'll be careful." declared Taylor acidly before he relaxed. "I'll make sure she knows so she doesn't panic. Thanks Marlo...means a lot. If you have anything you can put me to work on I'll gladly help. Be like old times."
Back to top Go down

Away Team...and Taylor
Page 1 of 1