USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lilly/Marissa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Lilly/Marissa Empty
PostSubject: Lilly/Marissa   Lilly/Marissa I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:35 pm

||USS Fenris
||Security Offices
||TBA

Marissa was spending some time checking the weapons lockers, making sure that everything was there because her small band of Mercs were getting a little restless. Actually, they thought of themselves more as vigilantes, but 'mercs' made them sound more like they should be taken seriously. They had been talking about what they were doing here on the USS Fenris, and Marissa had tried to explain that this was her job. That having a leader with a foot in Fleet and out of the Fleet was beneficial.

"At least everything's accounted for," Marissa mused out loud, inputting the data and then returning to her nearby console with a PADD in her hand. "Now to just transfer some files and return to my office."

After talking to Remy, Lillian felt like it was a good idea to try and talk to Marissa. Marlo would come to her with any Engineering inquiries and news, and Lillian wanted to know more about her Chief of Security. She was used to dealing with Kroth, the big friendly Klingon, and not the beauty that was Marissa Garren. Lillian wanted to know that things on the ship were in perfect condition, and she knew that if she could be assured of that, she'd be less stressed out.

The stress was doing a number on her and she wanted to take a break, but right now the ship needed her and she couldn't just abandon it. So she headed to the office and poked her head in, surprised that Marissa wasn't sitting in her chair working on paperwork. Deciding to try her luck out, Lillian sat and waited, drumming her fingers on the arm of the chair and taking deep breaths to calm her jittery nerves.

Marissa practically headed straight to her office and then stopped, recognizing that Lillian was in her office waiting for her. Was she in trouble? No, it was probably just routine inspection after the side mission.

"Can I help you, Captain?"

Lillian smiled and looked up at the woman, nodding a little bit and then chewing on her lip. "Yeah, I wanted to see how things were going. I think Engineering is in good hands, but I wanted to know about the Security. How are the sweeps? Are things good? I just want the basics. You seem to be the girl that's in the know."

Marissa smiled and sat down at her desk, setting the PADD down and then leaning back a little, relaxed. She really didn't mind her CO. She seemed like she at least knew what to do even if she didn't have experience.

It was her first CO posting, however.

Everyone was going to have to work together to make this work.

"Sweeps are good," Marissa informed her. "Everyone seems focused to make the ship run efficiently, though I think morale would be better if there were more people--the ship needs more people."

"I agree with you there, I do," Lillian admitted with a nod. "I'm used to far more people than this. The Sacred Crest, Starbase 7--I think everyone will be happier when we've got all of the posts covered. Tercius Prime should make everyone happier and we arrive in 24 hours, so...everything is looking up."

She smiled at her Chief of Security and then took another deep breath. "Hey, um...can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?"

Marissa raised her eyebrows. "Personal question. I, uh, guess you can. You're the Captain, remember? You tell me to jump I jump--I don't even ask, 'how high'."

She didn't know what the question could be, but Marissa was a curious being.

Lillian smiled and nodded. "That's fair...how do you really feel about me leading? I mean, given my current condition and the fact that the ship needs repairs, why are you still here?"

She was simply curious. Lillian didn't understand why anyone would want to serve under her, and yet she wanted to be told that she had this ability. When it came to medicine, Lillian prided herself on her knowledge and her abilities, but when it came to command she honestly didn't know what to do. Sometimes she felt like she got it, and other times she felt like there were so many more, more qualified people and she shouldn't be the one in command.

"Captain...I trust you," Marissa said with a sincere shrug. "You're my commanding officer and I have pledged my loyalty to you. Whatever you want from me I will gladly do. I know you're pregnant and though that makes things complicated, but this is Starfleet. To a degree, everything is complicated. You have my support."

She smiled at the woman across from her and then took a deep breath. "Anything else?"

Lillian smiled and stood up to leave, turning back to her. "If it helps, I trust you too."

Marissa smiled gently at that and then heard a 'beep', looking at her security console and taking a deep breath. It seemed like there was always an issue, but this was different--it was a section with her men in it.

"Captain, I need to take care of something."

"What exactly is wrong?" Lillian asked, feeling like she needed to know.

Everything had seemed so calm, but suddenly Lillian was feeling like things were picking up again. She was rather stressed out, but for a little while things had been looking up. Maybe being in command in her condition had been a bad idea. Maybe she needed to calm down...Marissa could take care of this.

"Captain...you don't look so good." Marissa said suddenly.

She was getting up getting ready to go and figure out the exact situation and Lillian looked pale--paler than normal. Marissa wasn't sure if she should call Sickbay or not, but she was worried because Lillian seemed to be under a lot of stress lately. Maybe something was wrong?

"Lieutenant...I don't feel so good." Lillian admitted.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com

Lilly/Marissa
Page 1 of 1