USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nayla Pena
Ensign (G)
Ensign (G)
Nayla Pena

Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) Empty
PostSubject: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

The problem with owning a ship was maintaining it. Usually a sleazy Vega Station mechanic would take a look at Redemption's Caress but sadly Nayla and Taylor weren't on Vega so it was up to the green beauty to sort things out. Rather than don proper overalls Nayla had opted for a bomber jacket, shirt and shorts that showed a bit more green that it was suppose to. Her pistol and knife belt was on the tool table above her as she lay on her back underneath the fuselage of the runabout inspecting a relay. Her booted feet tapped a tune on a raised piece of deck plating as she worked a hydropanner gingerly. She wasn't an engineer that was for sure but out of pride or fear she had failed to approach the Engineering department for help.

Sparks zapped her green fingers causing her to yelp and stick them into her mouth but a further inspection showed no blood. With a frustrated yelp she tossed the hydrospanner. "Piece of crap relay!" snarled Nayla before she sagged. "I need a bath...hell I need Taylor to come look at this when he ain't too busy rogering the captain..."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:51 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

The problem with owning a ship was maintaining it. Usually a sleazy Vega Station mechanic would take a look at Redemption's Caress but sadly Nayla and Taylor weren't on Vega so it was up to the green beauty to sort things out. Rather than don proper overalls Nayla had opted for a bomber jacket, shirt and shorts that showed a bit more green that it was suppose to. Her pistol and knife belt was on the tool table above her as she lay on her back underneath the fuselage of the runabout inspecting a relay. Her booted feet tapped a tune on a raised piece of deck plating as she worked a hydropanner gingerly. She wasn't an engineer that was for sure but out of pride or fear she had failed to approach the Engineering department for help.

Sparks zapped her green fingers causing her to yelp and stick them into her mouth but a further inspection showed no blood. With a frustrated yelp she tossed the hydrospanner. "Piece of crap relay!" snarled Nayla before she sagged. "I need a bath...hell I need Taylor to come look at this when he ain't too busy rogering the captain..."

Gabe chuckled as the shuttlebay door closed behind him. "I've had a few complaints about the noise in here and now i can see why." he said, placing his toolkit on on the table next to Nayla's weapons, "Ya need a hand or ya just gonna throw more stuff across the room?"

TAG

"Gabriel Sharpe, Chief Engineer." He said offering his hand to the Orion

TAG

He opened the kit and knelt to do a quick visual inspection of the runabout, wondering if it'd been worth changing his shirt. "That impulse relay looks shot, and the other isn't in much better nick."
Back to top Go down
Nayla Pena
Ensign (G)
Ensign (G)
Nayla Pena

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:02 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

Gabe chuckled as the shuttlebay door closed behind him. "I've had a few complaints about the noise in here and now I can see why." he said, placing his toolkit on on the table next to Nayla's weapons, "Ya need a hand or ya just gonna throw more stuff across the room?"

He opened the kit and knelt to do a quick visual inspection of the runabout, wondering if it'd been worth changing his shirt. "That impulse relay looks shot, and the other isn't in much better nick."

"Nayla Pena." replied Nayla as she quickly shook Gabe's hand. "No real title as such. And I've not reached a decision. Throwing things always helps calm me down."

She looked at the relay with scrutinisation at his words and then nodded. It was more or less an accurate diagnoses that Nayla had come to after much umming and ahhhing in thought. Gave obviously knew what he was doing but Nayla remained underneath the craft. "Know how much an impulse manifold costs outside your free to use industrial replicators Sharpe? Either twenty latinum bars or four hours on my back and since Lucas won't do contract work or let me do my 'Orion thing' I've got to fly this thing almost sideways."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

Gabe chuckled as the shuttlebay door closed behind him. "I've had a few complaints about the noise in here and now I can see why." he said, placing his toolkit on on the table next to Nayla's weapons, "Ya need a hand or ya just gonna throw more stuff across the room?"

"Nayla Pena." replied Nayla as she quickly shook Gabe's hand. "No real title as such. And I've not reached a decision. Throwing things always helps calm me down."

She looked at the relay with scrutinisation at his words and then nodded. It was more or less an accurate diagnoses that Nayla had come to after much umming and ahhhing in thought. Gave obviously knew what he was doing but Nayla remained underneath the craft. "Know how much an impulse manifold costs outside your free to use industrial replicators Sharpe? Either twenty latinum bars or four hours on my back and since Lucas won't do contract work or let me do my 'Orion thing' I've got to fly this thing almost sideways."

"Twenty bars? geez prices have gone up. I remember getting a pair for twenty five a few years ago." he replied with a shrug.

He slid under the runabout, careful not to end up in Nayla's 'personal space'. Opening his tricorder he ran a scan of the rest of the craft, finding most of it in surprisingly good condition. It wasn't top of the line but it wasn't quite falling apart either.

"Well looks like the last person to fix this almost knew what they were doing, I can have it up and running forwards in about half an hour." He said, sliding out from under the front of the craft, "Unles ya have more tools ya wanna bounce off my walls." he added with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Nayla Pena
Ensign (G)
Ensign (G)
Nayla Pena

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

"Twenty bars? geez prices have gone up. I remember getting a pair for twenty five a few years ago." he replied with a shrug.

He slid under the runabout, careful not to end up in Nayla's 'personal space'. Opening his tricorder he ran a scan of the rest of the craft, finding most of it in surprisingly good condition. It wasn't top of the line but it wasn't quite falling apart either.

"Well looks like the last person to fix this almost knew what they were doing, I can have it up and running forwards in about half an hour." He said, sliding out from under the front of the craft, "Unless ya have more tools ya wanna bounce off my walls." he added with a chuckle.

"Gives me more free time I guess." conceded the Orion as he followed Gabe and brushed herself down. Almost like primitive reaction Nayla quickly tied her weapon belt around her instantly feeling safe with the protection it gave. Even if she was on a Starfleet ship which Taylor vouched for she still needed the comfort of having a seven inch blade and a plasma pistol on her hip. "I wasn't going to come to you because well...you might have said no."

With a shrug she packed away her tools, even fetching the discarded hydrospanner. Her brow furrowed at the last statement. "Is that a sly but not so sly request to push me up a wall?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

"Well looks like the last person to fix this almost knew what they were doing, I can have it up and running forwards in about half an hour." He said, sliding out from under the front of the craft, "Unless ya have more tools ya wanna bounce off my walls." he added with a chuckle.

"Gives me more free time I guess." conceded the Orion as he followed Gabe and brushed herself down. Almost like primitive reaction Nayla quickly tied her weapon belt around her instantly feeling safe with the protection it gave. Even if she was on a Starfleet ship which Taylor vouched for she still needed the comfort of having a seven inch blade and a plasma pistol on her hip. "I wasn't going to come to you because well...you might have said no."

With a shrug she packed away her tools, even fetching the discarded hydrospanner. Her brow furrowed at the last statement. "Is that a sly but not so sly request to push me up a wall?"

Somehow Gabe wasn't surprised by Nayla's reply, "Sorry, not my style, never been that lonely i feel the need to pay for it, no offense." he said, not even a trace of humour in his voice as he tapped his commbadge. =/\= Sharpe to L'Carn. Ensign can ya bring two type 3A impulse relays to the shuttlebay please.=/\=

=/\= Yesss ssir. I'll be there sssoon =/\= The Catian's voice purred through his badge.

"We'll have that thing running in no time, and for future reference feel free to ask for a hand at least while ya docked here."
Back to top Go down
Nayla Pena
Ensign (G)
Ensign (G)
Nayla Pena

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:39 am

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

Somehow Gabe wasn't surprised by Nayla's reply, "Sorry, not my style, never been that lonely I feel the need to pay for it, no offense." he said, not even a trace of humour in his voice as he tapped his commbadge. =/\= Sharpe to L'Carn. Ensign can ya bring two type 3A impulse relays to the shuttlebay please.=/\=

=/\= Yesss ssir. I'll be there sssoon =/\= The Catian's voice purred through his badge.

"We'll have that thing running in no time, and for future reference feel free to ask for a hand at least while ya docked here."

She couldn't help but burst with laughter at Gabe's response. It was just such a blindside that it almost hurt her sense of humour. "Starfleet with a sense of humour, that's new. And without a smile. You should do acting." teased Nayla as she gently punched Gabe's shoulder. "I honestly thought most humans were these stoic pink thinks but you've just given me yet another ray of hope. Well I owe you one Sharpe, just keep your favour clean."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 pm

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

Somehow Gabe wasn't surprised by Nayla's reply, "Sorry, not my style, never been that lonely I feel the need to pay for it, no offense." he said, not even a trace of humour in his voice as he tapped his commbadge. =/\= Sharpe to L'Carn. Ensign can ya bring two type 3A impulse relays to the shuttlebay please.=/\=

She couldn't help but burst with laughter at Gabe's response. It was just such a blindside that it almost hurt her sense of humour. "Starfleet with a sense of humour, that's new. And without a smile. You should do acting." teased Nayla as she gently punched Gabe's shoulder. "I honestly thought most humans were these stoic pink thinks but you've just given me yet another ray of hope. Well I owe you one Sharpe, just keep your favour clean."

"No worries, on two counts it seems and i always keep my favours clean, never know when ya gonna need 'em." He replied as the shuttlebay doors open to admit Ensign L'Carn. He walked over to the pair and handed the relays to Gabe.

"Thankyou Ensign." He said, taking the relays.

"Do you need any help inssstalling them?" The catian asked.

"Nah, but thanks for the offer, I should only be about half an hour." Gabe replied

"Aye Sssir."

Gabe tossed one of the relays to Nayla as Ensign L'Carn left the room. "Think ya can fit that with throwing away my tools?" he said, taking a pair of hydrospanner to the Orion.
Back to top Go down
Nayla Pena
Ensign (G)
Ensign (G)
Nayla Pena

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:03 pm

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

"No worries, on two counts it seems and i always keep my favours clean, never know when ya gonna need 'em." He replied as the shuttlebay doors open to admit Ensign L'Carn. He walked over to the pair and handed the relays to Gabe.

"Nah, but thanks for the offer, I should only be about half an hour." Gabe replied

"Aye Sssir."

Gabe tossed one of the relays to Nayla as Ensign L'Carn left the room. "Think ya can fit that without throwing away my tools?" he said, taking a pair of hydrospanners to the Orion.

Catching the relay Nayla frowned slightly as she inspected the relay with a look that showed she was unimpressed but only because she was hungry. Right now she wanted to get to the mess hall and here was Gabe more or less delaying that. Of course she could have just told him she was going to the mess but then he'd probably offer to walk her there then she'd need to converse with him while she indulged herself on sugary goodness.

"Ohhh..right, yeah...can you do this for me I have to go check something in my quarters...." she said with a weak smile.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 pm

||USS Fenris
||Shuttle Bay One
||TBD

"Aye Sssir."

Gabe tossed one of the relays to Nayla as Ensign L'Carn left the room. "Think ya can fit that without throwing away my tools?" he said, taking a pair of hydrospanners and handing one to the Orion.

Catching the relay Nayla frowned slightly as she inspected the relay with a look that showed she was unimpressed but only because she was hungry. Right now she wanted to get to the mess hall and here was Gabe more or less delaying that. Of course she could have just told him she was going to the mess but then he'd probably offer to walk her there then she'd need to converse with him while she indulged herself on sugary goodness.

"Ohhh..right, yeah...can you do this for me I have to go check something in my quarters...." she said with a weak smile.

"I'll take that as a no then." Gabe said with mock annoyance, "Fine you go check whatever it is ya need to I'll have this baby purring soon enough, it is my job afterall."

He smiled as the orion left, "Bloody warriors." he said, tossing one of the relays into the air and catching it with a smile, "No stamina when it comes to the hard stuff."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)   Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spanner Chat (Nayla/Gabe)
Page 1 of 1