USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taylor/Nayla/Marlena

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

Taylor/Nayla/Marlena Empty
PostSubject: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:37 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Taylor never really liked intelligence officers as a rule of thumb. He found them slimy, sneaky and arrogant. In his mind they had watched too many old Earth spy holovids and loved to use the words 'need to know' like some sort of sexual fetish which only drove his animosity towards them with greater conviction. While their loyalty and worth to the Federation were unquestionable their motives were. However Taylor did trust one intelligence officer; Ensign Nayla Pena, a good friend to him. They had travelled and fought together during Taylor's disappearance before she decided that there were better things to work towards than simply following your gut instinct.

"Morning Green, how goes it?" he asked with his friendly smile as he entered the offices and ignored the other intelligence officers who were both securing information around them and glaring. Marines disliked Starfleet Intelligence because they usually just saw marines as another asset to be used to further goals. Marine Intelligence on the other hand worked to keep marines alive and objectives accomplished but even they were under scrutiny by their fighting kin who tolerated them only because they were marines. The ones on board the Fenris however had no such protection apart from their Starfleet uniforms.

"Good actually." replied the Orion. "Been finalising low-risk reports while my security clearance is being processed. Since I didn't go through the normal recruitment channels they're being extra thorough. Even this uniform can't hide the skin and repel....advances though so I've been hiding here for some time anyway."

Taylor just laughed and pulled up a stool. "Yes well, I for one am glad you decided to go for Starfleet services. Intelligence...not my first choice but at least you're happy. Besides you have first hand field experience while half of these officers probably had lived behind a desk all their lives."
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Taylor never really liked intelligence officers as a rule of thumb. He found them slimy, sneaky and arrogant. In his mind they had watched too many old Earth spy holovids and loved to use the words 'need to know' like some sort of sexual fetish which only drove his animosity towards them with greater conviction. While their loyalty and worth to the Federation were unquestionable their motives were. However Taylor did trust one intelligence officer; Ensign Nayla Pena, a good friend to him. They had traveled and fought together during Taylor's disappearance before she decided that there were better things to work towards than simply following your gut instinct.

"Morning Green, how goes it?" he asked with his friendly smile as he entered the offices and ignored the other intelligence officers who were both securing information around them and glaring. Marines disliked Starfleet Intelligence because they usually just saw marines as another asset to be used to further goals. Marine Intelligence on the other hand worked to keep marines alive and objectives accomplished but even they were under scrutiny by their fighting kin who tolerated them only because they were marines. The ones on board the Fenris however had no such protection apart from their Starfleet uniforms.

"Good actually." replied the Orion. "Been finalizing low-risk reports while my security clearance is being processed. Since I didn't go through the normal recruitment channels they're being extra thorough. Even this uniform can't hide the skin and repel...advances though so I've been hiding here for some time anyway."

Taylor just laughed and pulled up a stool. "Yes well, I for one am glad you decided to go for Starfleet services. Intelligence...not my first choice but at least you're happy. Besides you have first hand field experience while half of these officers probably had lived behind a desk all their lives."

Marlena smiled a little as she walked into the Intelligence Offices because she felt rather at home in a place like this--knowing details about everything before others did. Not to mention that sometimes she got to plant information and as a newly appointed 6, she was having a little too much fun with her new position. Then add in that Taylor Lucas was hanging out in the offices right now with Nayla and she felt like she was having a party. Why had no one explained to her that Taylor was much more attractive in person?

It almost made her orders like a game and she sauntered over to the two, smiling her smile and leaning forward a little to accent her cleavage as she was off duty right now and wearing a nice tight shirt and tights pants. She wanted to get herself acquainted with them--Nayla she'd at least met as they worked in the same department, but this was the first time that she had come face to face with Taylor Lucas.

"Good morning," she said pleasantly, smiling at Nayla and then focusing her attention on Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:37 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Taylor never really liked intelligence officers as a rule of thumb. He found them slimy, sneaky and arrogant. In his mind they had watched too many old Earth spy holovids and loved to use the words 'need to know' like some sort of sexual fetish which only drove his animosity towards them with greater conviction. While their loyalty and worth to the Federation were unquestionable their motives were. However Taylor did trust one intelligence officer; Ensign Nayla Pena, a good friend to him. They had traveled and fought together during Taylor's disappearance before she decided that there were better things to work towards than simply following your gut instinct.

"Good actually." replied the Orion. "Been finalizing low-risk reports while my security clearance is being processed. Since I didn't go through the normal recruitment channels they're being extra thorough. Even this uniform can't hide the skin and repel...advances though so I've been hiding here for some time anyway."

Marlena smiled a little as she walked into the Intelligence Offices because she felt rather at home in a place like this--knowing details about everything before others did. Not to mention that sometimes she got to plant information and as a newly appointed 6, she was having a little too much fun with her new position. Then add in that Taylor Lucas was hanging out in the offices right now with Nayla and she felt like she was having a party. Why had no one explained to her that Taylor was much more attractive in person?

It almost made her orders like a game and she sauntered over to the two, smiling her smile and leaning forward a little to accent her cleavage as she was off duty right now and wearing a nice tight shirt and tights pants. She wanted to get herself acquainted with them--Nayla she'd at least met as they worked in the same department, but this was the first time that she had come face to face with Taylor Lucas.

"Good morning," she said pleasantly, smiling at Nayla and then focusing her attention on Taylor.

"Morning." he replied to the unknown woman who was sporting rather noticeable physical assets only shown more by her attire. He nodded to her as he looked at her face, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as he often had done previously. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Taylor Lucas, don't believe we've met. You are...?"
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:51 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Morning." he replied to the unknown woman who was sporting rather noticeable physical assets only shown more by her attire. He nodded to her as he looked at her face, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as he often had done previously. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Taylor Lucas, don't believe we've met. You are...?"

"Lieutenant Cross," she responded with a smile on her face, looking Taylor up and down approvingly. "You're our MCO...we haven't met yet, but I've heard quite a few stories. Hopefully someday I'll know more than just stories."

She winked at him and chewed on her lip before looking at Nayla. "How are you enjoying your new job? You're doing well from what I've heard."

Marlena couldn't help but sneak another glance at Taylor, grinning at him and letting it be known that she was indeed at least physically attracted to the marine. Anything else would have to come later. She licked her bottom lip and then she took a deep breath, looking back at Nayla to wait for the Orion's answer to her question. After all, while her flirting was anything but subtle, she had to be a little bit careful.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:00 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Lieutenant Cross," she responded with a smile on her face, looking Taylor up and down approvingly. "You're our MCO...we haven't met yet, but I've heard quite a few stories. Hopefully someday I'll know more than just stories."

She winked at him and chewed on her lip before looking at Nayla. "How are you enjoying your new job? You're doing well from what I've heard."

Marlena couldn't help but sneak another glance at Taylor, grinning at him and letting it be known that she was indeed at least physically attracted to the marine. Anything else would have to come later. She licked her bottom lip and then she took a deep breath, looking back at Nayla to wait for the Orion's answer to her question. After all, while her flirting was anything but subtle, she had to be a little bit careful.

"Now I'm worried what stories you've heard..." said Taylor with a neutral expression.

Nayla looked at the woman with some suspect-driven interest. It was obvious to her that Marlena was showing some attraction since she was trained to see the signs. She gave Taylor the sign with was itching her eyebrow with her left index finger. Taylor just narrowed his eyes at Nayla then at Marlena before tightening his crossed arms.

"I'm doing fine actually, thank you lieutenant. Just sorting out my affairs before I have to start." she said in a sickly-sweet tone.
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Now I'm worried what stories you've heard..." said Taylor with a neutral expression.

Nayla looked at the woman with some suspect-driven interest. It was obvious to her that Marlena was showing some attraction since she was trained to see the signs. She gave Taylor the sign by itching her eyebrow with her left index finger. Taylor just narrowed his eyes at Nayla then at Marlena before tightening his crossed arms.

"I'm doing fine actually, thank you lieutenant. Just sorting out my affairs before I have to start." she said in a sickly-sweet tone.

"Good," Marlena told Nayla with a grin, looking over at Taylor's new stance. "You're so cold, Taylor."

She gave a friendly little laugh, taking a breath and then taking a couple of steps toward him. He was suddenly a little bit frigid, but it was no doubt that he had caught on to the flirting and was trying to make himself seem incredibly unavailable. Of course Marlena didn't believe he was unavailable even though she knew very well of his relationship with Lillian and how deep he was in with her. To Marlena, such things were minor details and she could do as she pleased.

"You've taken the defensive," Marlena told him, eying him up and down. "Mind if I ask why?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:13 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

Nayla looked at the woman with some suspect-driven interest. It was obvious to her that Marlena was showing some attraction since she was trained to see the signs. She gave Taylor the sign by itching her eyebrow with her left index finger. Taylor just narrowed his eyes at Nayla then at Marlena before tightening his crossed arms.

"Good," Marlena told Nayla with a grin, looking over at Taylor's new stance. "You're so cold, Taylor."

She gave a friendly little laugh, taking a breath and then taking a couple of steps toward him. He was suddenly a little bit frigid, but it was no doubt that he had caught on to the flirting and was trying to make himself seem incredibly unavailable. Of course Marlena didn't believe he was unavailable even though she knew very well of his relationship with Lillian and how deep he was in with her. To Marlena, such things were minor details and she could do as she pleased.

"You've taken the defensive," Marlena told him, eying him up and down. "Mind if I ask why?"

The marine just shrugged at the woman while he remained at his wall. Nayla had watched out for him with women making pointless advances since reading women wasn't his type of strength. Now he had a green skinned radar to keep him right and make sure that anyone looking to spend the night with Taylor could be given the news that he simply wasn't interested. "That's a matter of opinion really. Most people find me rather cold while others find me more agreeable. You're just simply part of the majority." he said with a smile. 2that and you're an intelligence officer...my least favourite.
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:21 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

The marine just shrugged at the woman while he remained at his wall. Nayla had watched out for him with women making pointless advances since reading women wasn't his type of strength. Now he had a green skinned radar to keep him right and make sure that anyone looking to spend the night with Taylor could be given the news that he simply wasn't interested. "That's a matter of opinion really. Most people find me rather cold while others find me more agreeable. You're just simply part of the majority." he said with a smile. That and you're an intelligence officer...my least favourite."

Marlena nodded slowly. "We do have a tendency of turning men off when they know who we are, but I never said that I was an Intelligence Officer."

She leaned against the wall next to him and looked at his face, seeing if she could eye scars to ask about or something of the like. Marlena liked to know about her opponent and while she knew about Taylor, she certainly didn't know about Taylor and it was her job to find out some of the little ins and outs of him if she could. She could do it if she tried hard enough...

"So what's the real reason? I'm a tough broad, I can take the truth," she said with a sly smile.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:30 pm

|Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

The marine just shrugged at the woman while he remained at his wall. Nayla had watched out for him with women making pointless advances since reading women wasn't his type of strength. Now he had a green skinned radar to keep him right and make sure that anyone looking to spend the night with Taylor could be given the news that he simply wasn't interested. "That's a matter of opinion really. Most people find me rather cold while others find me more agreeable. You're just simply part of the majority." he said with a smile. That and you're an intelligence officer...my least favourite."

Marlena nodded slowly. "We do have a tendency of turning men off when they know who we are, but I never said that I was an Intelligence Officer."

She leaned against the wall next to him and looked at his face, seeing if she could eye scars to ask about or something of the like. Marlena liked to know about her opponent and while she knew about Taylor, she certainly didn't know about Taylor and it was her job to find out some of the little ins and outs of him if she could. She could do it if she tried hard enough...

"So what's the real reason? I'm a tough broad, I can take the truth," she said with a sly smile.

"You're looking for something that you can't get." declared Taylor bluntly with narrowed eyes. "Everything about your body language, cheek pigmentation and proximity to me says it all. I know you're an intelligence officer because no one else in this room looked twice at you walking in....not for the reasons for identity purposes anyway. So why don't you start with the backing up and stop fishing for what you'll never have."
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:06 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"You're looking for something that you can't get." declared Taylor bluntly with narrowed eyes. "Everything about your body language, cheek pigmentation and proximity to me says it all. I know you're an intelligence officer because no one else in this room looked twice at you walking in....not for the reasons for identity purposes anyway. So why don't you start with the backing up and stop fishing for what you'll never have."

"I believe the word, 'can't' is flexible," Marlena said with a laugh. "Until there's a ring on your finger, anything can change--and even then something could change."

She rested her hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze and leaned in close to his face, giving him a gentle smile even though he had clearly rejected her. A rejection was not going to deter her and she figured maybe he might be the kind of person that would bend if she pursued him enough, or maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he was a much better, much more loyal man than that.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:19 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"I believe the word, 'can't' is flexible," Marlena said with a laugh. "Until there's a ring on your finger, anything can change--and even then something could change."

She rested her hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze and leaned in close to his face, giving him a gentle smile even though he had clearly rejected her. A rejection was not going to deter her and she figured maybe he might be the kind of person that would bend if she pursued him enough, or maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he was a much better, much more loyal man than that.

In a show of simple disregard and disgust Taylor took a few steps back and batted away Marlena's hand rather forcefully. "I think you forget yourself lieutenant to the point that if you don't stop you'll be behind a forcefield with a broken arm. I'm not above hospitalising crew members if they persist in annoying me."

Nayla just snickered to herself with a smug look on her face. It was often fun to watch Taylor shoot down women either in ways ranging from the understanding decline to what was currently happening in the offices. "You're talking to the man who refused so many private dances on Vega Station simply because he had 'other plans' which I didn't know, until recently, included the current commander of this ship. Keep it up, I want to see him carry out his threat."
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:37 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

In a show of simple disregard and disgust Taylor took a few steps back and batted away Marlena's hand rather forcefully. "I think you forget yourself lieutenant to the point that if you don't stop you'll be behind a force field with a broken arm. I'm not above hospitalizing crew members if they persist in annoying me."

Nayla just snickered to herself with a smug look on her face. It was often fun to watch Taylor shoot down women either in ways ranging from the understanding decline to what was currently happening in the offices. "You're talking to the man who refused so many private dances on Vega Station simply because he had 'other plans' which I didn't know, until recently, included the current commander of this ship. Keep it up, I want to see him carry out his threat."

"I know all about our CO and our MCO," Marlena said with a shrug. "I suppose we could simply talk business...such as is there a reason other than a personal one as to why our MCO is hanging out in the Intel Offices? Because last I heard it was about time we all got down to business and he has no business here...I mean unless of course he has more business here with you than the two of you are letting on. With the CO at his disposal, he could do whatever he wanted."

She knew she was pushing, but she also knew just how important it was that her officers got along and if Taylor was upsetting the natural balance then even he would have to leave and let the gray shirts get along without being intimidated by the MCO being there. It was certainly something she was willing to push all the way to Lillian's office because she had faith in the CO and her ability to set aside her love for the marine and command her ship efficiently.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:52 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

In a show of simple disregard and disgust Taylor took a few steps back and batted away Marlena's hand rather forcefully. "I think you forget yourself lieutenant to the point that if you don't stop you'll be behind a force field with a broken arm. I'm not above hospitalizing crew members if they persist in annoying me."

"I know all about our CO and our MCO," Marlena said with a shrug. "I suppose we could simply talk business...such as is there a reason other than a personal one as to why our MCO is hanging out in the Intel Offices? Because last I heard it was about time we all got down to business and he has no business here...I mean unless of course he has more business here with you than the two of you are letting on. With the CO at his disposal, he could do whatever he wanted."

She knew she was pushing, but she also knew just how important it was that her officers got along and if Taylor was upsetting the natural balance then even he would have to leave and let the gray shirts get along without being intimidated by the MCO being there. It was certainly something she was willing to push all the way to Lillian's office because she had faith in the CO and her ability to set aside her love for the marine and command her ship efficiently.

"Considering you're talking to two people who have saved each others' lives on more occasions than you can actually count." growled Nayla who now had her eyes narrowed also. "All you see is all you get; two people who trust one another to the point that we know our back is covered."

A smug smile etched on Taylor's lips as he bumped fists with the Orion. "Besides I can go anywhere I want lieutenant. You forget that I hold rank. I might have no business in engineering or the bridge but I can still go to them. However if you think I'm less than faithful then I'm just going to have to let you sail under that false assumption."
Back to top Go down
Marlena Cross
Lieutenant (G)
Lieutenant (G)
Marlena Cross

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"Considering you're talking to two people who have saved each others' lives on more occasions than you can actually count." growled Nayla who now had her eyes narrowed also. "All you see is all you get; two people who trust one another to the point that we know our back is covered."

A smug smile etched on Taylor's lips as he bumped fists with the Orion. "Besides I can go anywhere I want lieutenant. You forget that I hold rank. I might have no business in engineering or the bridge but I can still go to them. However if you think I'm less than faithful then I'm just going to have to let you sail under that false assumption."

"It has nothing to do with protecting each other--we all do that." Marlena said dismissively, starting to wander toward her office where she had a spare uniform. "I'm talking about his presence hindering people getting their work done in here. We have things to do and him being here is distracting. What you guys do for and to each other is honestly none of my business, but if the man is finished, he should leave."

She looked at Taylor and shrugged her shoulders. "Rank is all well and good, but when you disrupt how one part of a machine works, you break the machine. So...kindly go before I have to tell the CO that you're effecting our work and she does it herself. Don't you have something else to do other than pay visits to people? Lead people...it's your job, and let Nayla get back to hers."

With that and a swat to his ass, Marlena headed into her office to change into her uniform, hoping she would come out and have Taylor gone. At this point, she was planting all sorts of ideas in Taylor's and Nayla's heads and they'd work to her advantage. Besides, once word got back to Lillian and she had to come face to face with the Betazoid, she'd more than likely be recognized. This was proving to be a fun station already and she was happy to be on the ship.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:56 pm

||Intelligence Offices
||USS Fenris
||TBD

"It has nothing to do with protecting each other--we all do that." Marlena said dismissively, starting to wander toward her office where she had a spare uniform. "I'm talking about his presence hindering people getting their work done in here. We have things to do and him being here is distracting. What you guys do for and to each other is honestly none of my business, but if the man is finished, he should leave."

She looked at Taylor and shrugged her shoulders. "Rank is all well and good, but when you disrupt how one part of a machine works, you break the machine. So...kindly go before I have to tell the CO that you're effecting our work and she does it herself. Don't you have something else to do other than pay visits to people? Lead people...it's your job, and let Nayla get back to hers."

With that and a swat to his ass, Marlena headed into her office to change into her uniform, hoping she would come out and have Taylor gone. At this point, she was planting all sorts of ideas in Taylor's and Nayla's heads and they'd work to her advantage. Besides, once word got back to Lillian and she had to come face to face with the Betazoid, she'd more than likely be recognized. This was proving to be a fun station already and she was happy to be on the ship.

A grimace crossed Taylor's face at the swat causing him to roll his eyes and shake his head. At least other intelligence officers had some redeeming features. Taylor wasn't drawing anything up for her in that respect. "Yes...let her get back to her low-risk reports." said Taylor dryly. "Exciting stuff no doubt."

While the woman was in the office Taylor just pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to hold back on giving Marlena the neutron bomb of all bollockings. "Say ensign it seems our ship is in need of some calibrations and despite engineering being able to do it they've got enough on their hands. Come on...you can help me plan some stuff for when my step-son comes on board."

"Sounds like a plan." said Nayla who pushed her PADD to one side and stood up. "Anywhere is better than here..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor/Nayla/Marlena   Taylor/Nayla/Marlena I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor/Nayla/Marlena
Page 1 of 1