USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A ReVamp for Fenris?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

A ReVamp for Fenris? Empty
PostSubject: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 pm

So I was thinking about a revamp of some sort to get you guys on a roll with your posting...

Basically, it would be about 3 years in the future and everyone is going to be focused on trying to hunt down Marshall and put a stop to him. Everyone will be on a space station of a sort--more like a hidden little space stay in the middle of nowhere where there are scientists and medics working on correcting Marshall's viruses and curing the sick and the tortured that he leaves behind and all the while it seems like a normally colony-like place, you know? A captain, medics, scientists, kids, families, people are all happy and they enjoy their jobs...

Then there's the assault team made up of the fighters and the marines and the pilots, you know? There's an attack vessel and people are sent out and they're trained and it's Starfleet jurisdiction, but it's totally like undercover and everyone is doing their duty and still having lives and the characters could still be the same with maybe a new one or two, where we each get to be one or two characters a piece and get some more action up in here. Here is the breakdown kind of:

Lillian - Heading up the medical division on the space stay
Taylor - Training all of the assault teams (probably mostly paperwork since they have little ones)
Gabe - Anything he wants, he's got some espionage background, right?
Lars/Sully/New charrie - Totally okay with some sort of shaky alliance since everyone wants to kill Marshall...
New Captain - I'll figure her out later

But yeah, I'm open to suggestions, I just thought maybe we could all use a fresh start with more action? I'd have to revamp the look of this place, but yeah...thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 am

My personal feeling on this is, well i'm against it. Not only does it change Doclin from a "once every so often" bad guy into the main big bad, with us doing little more then fixing his cockups, it also takes us away from the mandate "Explore strange new worlds" (not that we've had much chance to do that). i like Fenris the way it is, but if we're going with this revamp I'll just have to get over it.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:03 am

Alright, well here is why I was thinking about a revamp in the first place. Originally I wasn't going to write this out and call people out, but I just feel like my hand has been forced, lmso.

1) I always intended for Marshall to have a bigger bad guy role, we were just also having fun in between confronting him.
2) It's a revamp or it's a shut down.

Let's face it: the last few missions have kind of been failures. I've done half of them on my own and we have maybe four regular posters and I can't maintain a ship with just four of us. While I understand Marissa's situation, no one else really has the excuse other than having a life and that's totally fine with me, I just feel like I'm doing all of the work, picking up the other slack.

Reius quit a long time ago.
Aaron and Remy don't post at all.
Marissa might not be coming back.
Alyssa has a habit of storming out in the middle and never coming back to help finish the mission.
Last mission, Kalen didn't do anything.
Marlo is only there every once in a while and only really when I need help to further a storyline.
T'Vola has posted two posts and since gone MIA.

I get that people are busy--Hell, I have been working 10-12 hour days more than half of the week and yet I still find time to throw together a post here and there or JPs. People get excited about a mission, I put it up, and then I end up doing half of it and I can't keep doing it and at this point the site is dead. I know that I can count on some of you, but the fact of the matter is, is that this place is looking at a shut down. The revamp doesn't have to be the revamp I suggested, but I don't know how to get people to post. I guess we can recruit, but yeah...I'm stuck between a wall and a hard place and I hate being in that position.
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:08 am

She has a point, everyone seems kind of sluggish and the listed problems always seem to come up over and over again. Basically we need fresh blood and some form of change to stand us apart from the rest.
Back to top Go down
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm back, and I like the ideas for a revamp. Particularly the bit about the new captain, since with the change of command there might also be room for a new Intelligence attache Cool
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:23 am

Welcome back, Lars!

I'm still figuring out what to do with this place (I really do want to save it), but I also want to inform people that there is in fact a starbase up and running that Ethan and I have come up with. It's set in 2400 and is in this same universe, as Lilly will be mentioned and have a cameo in a mission sometime, but it's like a fresh, fun start. Go here if you are interested:

http://starbase12.forumotion.com/

If you want, Larsy Boy, you can head up Intel over there too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A ReVamp for Fenris?   A ReVamp for Fenris? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A ReVamp for Fenris?
Page 1 of 1