USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things Empty
PostSubject: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Kara smiled at Alyssa as she sat there and then got straight to the point--it was how Kara operated. "So, young love is blossoming?"

She new that most humans found snooping through thoughts rude but honestly she had a feeling that this was one of those times where she just needed to come out and say it. Kara missed her husband. She missed Leonard and she missed her three children and four days of working hard and working harder was really getting to her and she needed this--needed to see someone else happy and in love.

"I'll show you to the other counselors, I'm just curious," she said still grinning.
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:54 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Kara smiled at Alyssa as she sat there and then got straight to the point--it was how Kara operated. "So, young love is blossoming?"

She new that most humans found snooping through thoughts rude but honestly she had a feeling that this was one of those times where she just needed to come out and say it. Kara missed her husband. She missed Leonard and she missed her three children and four days of working hard and working harder was really getting to her and she needed this--needed to see someone else happy and in love.

"I'll show you to the other counselors, I'm just curious," she said still grinning.

Alyssa nodded, and followed her. "I figured. I'll answer all your questions, as long as you promise to stay away from my family issues. And I mean we don't talk about them at all. I'll even allow you to dig through my past and all of those relationships."

She couldn't deal with her family issues right now. In fact, she knew that she couldn't. She could deal with everyone else's, but not hers. There was too much pain, and she wasn't willing to go there. Doing her duty was first, then she could possibly breakdown and deal with her family; which she wasn't going to do as long as she could help it.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Alyssa nodded, and followed her. "I figured. I'll answer all your questions, as long as you promise to stay away from my family issues. And I mean we don't talk about them at all. I'll even allow you to dig through my past and all of those relationships."

She couldn't deal with her family issues right now. In fact, she knew that she couldn't. She could deal with everyone else's, but not hers. There was too much pain, and she wasn't willing to go there. Doing her duty was first, then she could possibly breakdown and deal with her family; which she wasn't going to do as long as she could help it.

"I'm more interested in this pilot you keep thinking about," Kara said honestly as she smiled at the blonde. "I'll stay out of the family issues because you asked me to. So...this pilot..."

Kara knew that the two of them didn't know each other well at all--they'd just met--but young love intrigued her and it made her happy. Love was universal in the galaxy and it gave her hope that others could feel it as passionately as she could. She also found it kind of adorable that Alyssa was keeping herself a little closed off to it, but opening yourself up to love was a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

"I'm more interested in this pilot you keep thinking about," Kara said honestly as she smiled at the blonde. "I'll stay out of the family issues because you asked me to. So...this pilot..."

Kara knew that the two of them didn't know each other well at all--they'd just met--but young love intrigued her and it made her happy. Love was universal in the galaxy and it gave her hope that others could feel it as passionately as she could. She also found it kind of adorable that Alyssa was keeping herself a little closed off to it, but opening yourself up to love was a beautiful thing.

"Thank you. What about him?" Alyssa asked, trying not to blush.

Alyssa was glad that she didn't have to deal with family stuff, but she also knew that it was bad to be thinking about the pilot when there was work to be done.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:23 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Alyssa was glad that she didn't have to deal with family stuff, but she also knew that it was bad to be thinking about the pilot when there was work to be done.

"Just...you seem to really like him." Kara told her happily. "There's nothing wrong with that you know."

She smiled, wanting to know a lot more about this because she was curious to talk about something other than the cure she'd been working on for days and days. Kara knew the importance of their work, but things like this were important too and she really thought that it would be beneficial to use this as her small break from reality.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

"Just...you seem to really like him." Kara told her happily. "There's nothing wrong with that you know."

She smiled, wanting to know a lot more about this because she was curious to talk about something other than the cure she'd been working on for days and days. Kara knew the importance of their work, but things like this were important too and she really thought that it would be beneficial to use this as her small break from reality.

Alyssa blushed. "I know that there is nothing wrong... with liking him. It's just that we're both bad with relationships. I use men for what I want then tell them to go away. I've had really bad relationships."

She was trying to hide the fact, that she really liked him. And that was normally a bad sign to her, based off two relationships that went wrong; which she could thank her parents for.

"Besides, telling me that liking him isn't wrong. Any other wisdom or questions?" Alyssa asked, trying to think about happier memories.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Alyssa blushed. "I know that there is nothing wrong... with liking him. It's just that we're both bad with relationships. I use men for what I want then tell them to go away. I've had really bad relationships."

She was trying to hide the fact, that she really liked him. And that was normally a bad sign to her, based off two relationships that went wrong; which she could thank her parents for.

"Besides, telling me that liking him isn't wrong. Any other wisdom or questions?" Alyssa asked, trying to think about happier memories.

"Never be afraid to go for something," Kara said with a smile, looking at Alyssa with a motherly look on her face. "Fear makes us miss out on opportunities that could prove to be once in a lifetime. If you really like him, regardless of your past, you should never deny yourself taking a step toward love. Don't shut people out, it's unhealthy."

She pointed to the wing of the Medical Facility where the counselors were and then looked at Alyssa again. "This is where you will be and there are patients for you to talk to who are waiting to die and need someone to atone to or just that will listen to them. There are also family members of the infected that need people to hear them out and give them advice about moving on. As for you, though, love doesn't get in the way of your life or your work...not if it's right. You can do both. In fact you seem like a strong enough woman to honestly do whatever it is that you want to. So go for it. That's my wisdom and advice."
Back to top Go down
Alyssa Shields
Lieutenant (Y)
Lieutenant (Y)
Alyssa Shields

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

"Never be afraid to go for something," Kara said with a smile, looking at Alyssa with a motherly look on her face. "Fear makes us miss out on opportunities that could prove to be once in a lifetime. If you really like him, regardless of your past, you should never deny yourself taking a step toward love. Don't shut people out, it's unhealthy."

She pointed to the wing of the Medical Facility where the counselors were and then looked at Alyssa again. "This is where you will be and there are patients for you to talk to who are waiting to die and need someone to atone to or just that will listen to them. There are also family members of the infected that need people to hear them out and give them advice about moving on. As for you, though, love doesn't get in the way of your life or your work...not if it's right. You can do both. In fact you seem like a strong enough woman to honestly do whatever it is that you want to. So go for it. That's my wisdom and advice."

Alyssa smiled. "Well, I've got two past relationships that say otherwise. I'll think about it. Thanks."
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Alyssa smiled. "Well, I've got two past relationships that say otherwise. I'll think about it. Thanks."

"If you always spend your time thinking about the past, then you forget to live the present and you ruin your future," Kara told her with a shrug and a gentle smile. "So at least give it a try because if you don't, you're just letting the past beat you and that's no way to live. Good luck, Alyssa--I know you can do this and all the rest of it."

With a hug, Kara nodded and headed off toward the other area of the facility to see to it that Remy was alright and to meet up with Lillian when she arrived. This was what they were all here for--to focus on the current epidemic at their fingertips and to stop it from going any further. While it was nice to stop for a moment and talk about love and lighter things, it was time to get back to work.

(I'll post it soon)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things   Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kara/Alyssa - Personal Things
Page 1 of 1