USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure Empty
PostSubject: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

With the cure practically done being created, Lillian now had to find a way to distribute it to everyone and anyone that could need it. The problem was that it wasn't entirely ready yet, they were still testing it out and trying to see what they were missing. It was more of a scenario of being so close and yet so far.

"Marlo, I really think we're missing something, this isn't working," Lillian said with a heavy sigh, as she sat in the Reasearch Lab with Marlo on Betazed's surface. "What are we missing?"

(Maybe a Taylor insert about Sareth?)
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:48 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

With the cure practically done being created, Lillian now had to find a way to distribute it to everyone and anyone that could need it. The problem was that it wasn't entirely ready yet, they were still testing it out and trying to see what they were missing. It was more of a scenario of being so close and yet so far.

"Marlo, I really think we're missing something, this isn't working," Lillian said with a heavy sigh, as she sat in the Reasearch Lab with Marlo on Betazed's surface. "What are we missing?"

Taylor's voice chirped over the comm unit. "Captain Crae, this is Colonel Lucas. Happy to report that bomb has been secured. However I must also report that Sareth has been infected with the viral agent. Just thought you'd need to know. Lucas out."

(Was told to chirp in, you ladies have fun)
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Taylor's voice chirped over the comm unit. "Captain Crae, this is Colonel Lucas. Happy to report that bomb has been secured. However I must also report that Sareth has been infected with the viral agent. Just thought you'd need to know. Lucas out."

The moment that Lillian heard the news about Sareth her heart stopped in her chest a moment and she could feel nothing but anger and sadness. That was just the push that she needed to make this work once an for all because Sareth wasn't an adult. That, and he was half Vulcan. She didn't know how this was going to affect him.

"Marlo, more than ever we need to fix this...what shall we try next?" Lillian asked her.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

The moment that Lillian heard the news about Sareth her heart stopped in her chest a moment and she could feel nothing but anger and sadness. That was just the push that she needed to make this work once an for all because Sareth wasn't an adult. That, and he was half Vulcan. She didn't know how this was going to affect him.

"Marlo, more than ever we need to fix this...what shall we try next?" Lillian asked her.

Marlo sighed, and stared into the microscope part of the viral analyzer. She wanted to save her godson, but Marshall had done a bang up job. Having not found the sample of Lilly's blood in sickbay, she'd had to beam down to the planet, and was now holed up in the medical lab with Lilly and Kara. Why couldn't she be dismantling a air release bomb. Suddenly she brightened. Lillian's antibodies, were working, they were just taking a little longer, having been dormant for a while.

"I think we've got this for the Betazed Virus, but Sareth is a special case...Monty told me Vulcans don't get diseases often--some redundant features and their organs being in the wrong spot, but we can't be lax just because his Vulcan half may or may not have dulled the virus. Can you bring him in here?" She asked writing furiously on her datapad everthing she was observing.

If she could reproduce this on a larger scale and distribute it, they'd be golden.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Marlo sighed, and stared into the microscope part of the viral analyzer. She wanted to save her godson, but Marshall had done a bang up job. Having not found the sample of Lilly's blood in sickbay, she'd had to beam down to the planet, and was now holed up in the medical lab with Lilly and Kara. Why couldn't she be dismantling an air release bomb. Suddenly she brightened. Lillian's antibodies, were working, they were just taking a little longer, having been dormant for a while.

"I think we've got this for the Betazed Virus, but Sareth is a special case...Monty told me Vulcans don't get diseases often--some redundant features and their organs being in the wrong spot, but we can't be lax just because his Vulcan half may or may not have dulled the virus. Can you bring him in here?" She asked writing furiously on her datapad everything she was observing.

If she could reproduce this on a larger scale and distribute it, they'd be golden.

"We don't need to move him, his blood is on file here and I can get Mother to bring me a sample of his infected blood," Lillian said quickly. "I don't like him to see me in panic mode and I remember how painful it was to move around and I'd rather he stay put. We should be just fine."

Lillian was trying to keep it together because this was her son that she was talking about and more than anything she wanted him to stay calm. No pain, no worry--she wanted this all to be over and done with and to have everyone as healthy as can be. Now she just had to find a way to do that and distribute this cure to everyone that was infected.

"Right now we focus on producing the cure on a large scale, and I'll get Mother to get me a sample of Sareth's blood." Lillian said with resolve, nodding and sending a message to her mother. "Mother, I need a sample of Sareth's blood, please. He's infected and I need it to test out how to cure his Vulcan half."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Marlo sighed, and stared into the microscope part of the viral analyzer. She wanted to save her godson, but Marshall had done a bang up job. Having not found the sample of Lilly's blood in sickbay, she'd had to beam down to the planet, and was now holed up in the medical lab with Lilly and Kara. Why couldn't she be dismantling an air release bomb. Suddenly she brightened. Lillian's antibodies, were working, they were just taking a little longer, having been dormant for a while.

"I think we've got this for the Betazed Virus, but Sareth is a special case...Monty told me Vulcans don't get diseases often--some redundant features and their organs being in the wrong spot, but we can't be lax just because his Vulcan half may or may not have dulled the virus. Can you bring him in here?" She asked writing furiously on her datapad everything she was observing.

"We don't need to move him, his blood is on file here and I can get Mother to bring me a sample of his infected blood," Lillian said quickly. "I don't like him to see me in panic mode and I remember how painful it was to move around and I'd rather he stay put. We should be just fine."

Lillian was trying to keep it together because this was her son that she was talking about and more than anything she wanted him to stay calm. No pain, no worry--she wanted this all to be over and done with and to have everyone as healthy as can be. Now she just had to find a way to do that and distribute this cure to everyone that was infected.

"Right now we focus on producing the cure on a large scale, and I'll get Mother to get me a sample of Sareth's blood." Lillian said with resolve, nodding and sending a message to her mother. "Mother, I need a sample of Sareth's blood, please. He's infected and I need it to test out how to cure his Vulcan half."

Marlo understood where Lilly was coming from and didn't press the issue; as long as she got the sample, that was all she needed. When Leona came in Marlo had come up with the idea to inject the antibodies that she had been multiplying and then also a solution to help jump start the liver so it would fight the virus. She held out her hand for the blood sample, without looking up--she wanted to cure her five year-old godson if it was the last thing she did.

"I think I've got it. Hand me two hypo-sprays and I can load it in, so it can be distributed." Marlo said, finally pulling away from her work, and stretching.

She handed Lilly the two hypo-sprays for the infected Betazoids in the medical center, and Megan, after she'd loaded them, and as she handed off the one in her right hand, she paused for effect.

"This one has to go to Sareth, no one else. His Vulcan blood will react differently to the other one, and the results could be fatal...and vice-versa if any full-blooded Betazoid gets his cure."

Marlo couldn't stress that fact enough, but she knew Lilly knew what she was doing, and relinquished her hold on the hypo-spray. She sat down, exhausted onto a nearby chair, rubbing her neck. Now, she'd just cured a lethal virus bent on destroying an entire species, why not one on her own world?
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Marlo understood where Lilly was coming from and didn't press the issue; as long as she got the sample, that was all she needed. When Leona came in Marlo had come up with the idea to inject the antibodies that she had been multiplying and then also a solution to help jump start the liver so it would fight the virus. She held out her hand for the blood sample, without looking up--she wanted to cure her five year-old godson if it was the last thing she did.

Helping Marlo, Lillian made sure that everything was going where it was supposed to and helping her to guage the reactions to everything that they were doing. Vulcan blood was tricky and it was important that they got it right and also didn't dose him too much as he was only five. He was far too young to be given a dosage that might prove fatal should he get too much--Lillian wasn't about to let her son die. Then it happened.

"I think I've got it. Hand me two hypo-sprays and I can load it in, so it can be distributed." Marlo said, finally pulling away from her work, and stretching.

She handed Lilly the two hypo-sprays for the infected Betazoids in the medical center, and Megan, after she'd loaded them, and as she handed off the one in her right hand, she paused for effect.

"This one has to go to Sareth, no one else. His Vulcan blood will react differently to the other one, and the results could be fatal...and vice-versa if any full-blooded Betazoid gets his cure."

Marlo couldn't stress that fact enough, but she knew Lilly knew what she was doing, and relinquished her hold on the hypo-spray. She sat down, exhausted onto a nearby chair, rubbing her neck. Now, she'd just cured a lethal virus bent on destroying an entire species, why not one on her own world?

"Trust me, Marlo, I know what medicine goes where--I am a renowned doctor, for the love of the Four Deities." Lillian told Marlo as she put the hyposprays in her medical bag. "You rest and I'll run about and distribute some things, all right? We'll meet back up at my house."

Lillian took a deep breath and headed out of the room to administer the cure, proud of hers and Marlo's accomplishments. She wanted more than anything to just cure this and be done, but after she had administered it, there was still some paperwork to be done. So she grabbed it and headed to her house, taking another deep breath and trying to remind herself that she most definitely had outdone herself today and everything was better...better than it had been when she had gotten here.

(And fin...NO!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure   Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marlo/Lilly - Making and Distributing the Cure
Page 1 of 1