USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure Empty
PostSubject: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Once Kara was done talking to Alyssa and showing her to the counselors, she came out to see Lillian talking to a doctor and figuring out a console. It seemed that Remy had found her too and was staying close to her, obviously only trusting of the Betazoid captain and Kara got that--they had worked together before and seemed to work well together. As long as a cure was found and Megan was saved, Kara honestly didn't care whether or not Remy would socialize with the the others or not.

"I think its imperative that we work with a few blood samples," Lillian was saying as she went over to a medical table and unzipped her duty jacket to take it off, revealing her red command shirt and her bare forearm. "I will take about four samples of my blood and we will test it out in a number of ways--first to see what cells the virus attacks first. I'll also take some brain tissue samples to see how fast it spreads. Here I see you've already targeted which parts of the brain the virus attacks first, which is good. Still, I think finding a cure will be much easier than finding a vaccine...this is after all engineered and I don't know quite yet enough about it. Remy and I, however, can figure it out if you give us a quiet work space..."

Lillian only trailed off because she saw Jason walking toward them and she narrowed her eyes at him. He had been the reason that the other pathogen on Starbase Seven had been released and the very sight of him disgusted her. She had a feeling that he was behind all of this somehow and yet...and yet these were his people. Why would he ever actually try to harm them? No, she'd give him the benefit of the doubt here as long as he was helpful.

"Nice to see friendly faces," Jason said merrily as he rested his hand on Remy's shoulder as he joined their little group. "Did I hear something about blood samples?"
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Remy Life
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Remy Life

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:34 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Once Kara was done talking to Alyssa and showing her to the counselors, she came out to see Lillian talking to a doctor and figuring out a console. It seemed that Remy had found her too and was staying close to her, obviously only trusting of the Betazoid captain and Kara got that--they had worked together before and seemed to work well together. As long as a cure was found and Megan was saved, Kara honestly didn't care whether or not Remy would socialize with the the others or not.

"I think its imperative that we work with a few blood samples," Lillian was saying as she went over to a medical table and unzipped her duty jacket to take it off, revealing her red command shirt and her bare forearm. "I will take about four samples of my blood and we will test it out in a number of ways--first to see what cells the virus attacks first. I'll also take some brain tissue samples to see how fast it spreads. Here I see you've already targeted which parts of the brain the virus attacks first, which is good. Still, I think finding a cure will be much easier than finding a vaccine...this is after all engineered and I don't know quite yet enough about it. Remy and I, however, can figure it out if you give us a quiet work space..."

Lillian only trailed off because she saw Jason walking toward them and she narrowed her eyes at him. He had been the reason that the other pathogen on Starbase Seven had been released and the very sight of him disgusted her. She had a feeling that he was behind all of this somehow and yet...and yet these were his people. Why would he ever actually try to harm them? No, she'd give him the benefit of the doubt here as long as he was helpful.

"Nice to see friendly faces," Jason said merrily as he rested his hand on Remy's shoulder as he joined their little group. "Did I hear something about blood samples?"

Remy felt pressure on her shoulder, she saw a male hand and reacted like it was a spider. She leapt back and hurried over to the other side of the medical table. After brushing the spot on her shoulder a couple times she looked up to see who was the ignoramous who touched her. Her eyes widened when she saw Jason standing there watching her. She took a few deep breaths, allowing her face to go back to its normal blank slate so as not to show emotion; but inside she was on guard. He'd been on Star Base 7 during her first arrival, when the airborne pathogen was making its way around and inducing hallucinations. Lillian and her had discussed the enigma surrounding his cure he brought, only someone who was well informed of the toxin and its workings could have produced the cure; Remy was fairly certain he was the one to introduce it into the airways.

She straightened out and looked him in the eye, "Captain Crae has decided to use her blood for some sampling and tests." She informed in a monotone, she wanted him gone and away from anything that could potentially cause more hazards than the ones they were already dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Remy felt pressure on her shoulder; she saw a male hand and reacted like it was a spider. She leapt back and hurried over to the other side of the medical table. After brushing the spot on her shoulder a couple times she looked up to see who was the ignoramus who touched her. Her eyes widened when she saw Jason standing there watching her. She took a few deep breaths, allowing her face to go back to its normal blank slate so as not to show emotion; but inside she was on guard. He'd been on Star Base 7 during her first arrival, when the airborne pathogen was making its way around and inducing hallucinations. Lillian and her had discussed the enigma surrounding his cure he brought, only someone who was well informed of the toxin and its workings could have produced the cure; Remy was fairly certain he was the one to introduce it into the airways.

She straightened out and looked him in the eye, "Captain Crae has decided to use her blood for some sampling and tests." She informed in a monotone, she wanted him gone and away from anything that could potentially cause more hazards than the ones they were already dealing with.

"Sounds like a good idea, lets work with those antibodies," Jason said, winking at Remy and then turning to smile at Lillian, not phased by Remy's movements. "Do you have any idea where you're going to start, Lilly? Antibodies are one thing, but it takes far more than that to create a cure on the scale that we need."

Kara rolled her eyes. "That's why there are four of us and all the other doctors assembled to aide us where we need it--we need all the help that we can get, though the distrust in this room could cut like a knife."

"While I do not believe that this is your doing, I still don't trust you and if you so much as brush against my hand accidentally I will break it," Lillian informed him, remembering his ambush on her and how he had subdued her with his mind when Taylor was down on Sigma III with Lars. "We are here to save our people so pipe down and do what I say."

"Not the one in charge, but I won't touch you, I promise," Jason said with a laugh as he held his hands up in surrender and went around the medical table to where Remy was, brushing against Remy as he grabbed a data PADD with his research on it. "You might want this though, Lilly."

Lillian pointed to the table and Jason sighed, sliding it across the table to her and then looking at Remy and winking again which made Lillian make a derisive noise in her throat as Kara watched. Jason was really adept with his psionic abilities so it was hard to penetrate his defenses, but she could tell that Remy and Lillian both blamed him for mass infection so she was finding that she didn't really trust him either. Still, he was a brilliant doctor and worked with viruses so they needed his expertise.

"Don't touch her either," Lillian told Jason, pointing to Remy and then looking at the PADD she'd picked up. "You don't want to know what terrible things I will do to you."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Remy felt pressure on her shoulder; she saw a male hand and reacted like it was a spider. She leapt back and hurried over to the other side of the medical table. After brushing the spot on her shoulder a couple times she looked up to see who was the ignoramus who touched her. Her eyes widened when she saw Jason standing there watching her. She took a few deep breaths, allowing her face to go back to its normal blank slate so as not to show emotion; but inside she was on guard. He'd been on Star Base 7 during her first arrival, when the airborne pathogen was making its way around and inducing hallucinations. Lillian and her had discussed the enigma surrounding his cure he brought, only someone who was well informed of the toxin and its workings could have produced the cure; Remy was fairly certain he was the one to introduce it into the airways.

"Sounds like a good idea, lets work with those antibodies," Jason said, winking at Remy and then turning to smile at Lillian, not phased by Remy's movements. "Do you have any idea where you're going to start, Lilly? Antibodies are one thing, but it takes far more than that to create a cure on the scale that we need."

Kara rolled her eyes. "That's why there are four of us and all the other doctors assembled to aide us where we need it--we need all the help that we can get, though the distrust in this room could cut like a knife."

"While I do not believe that this is your doing, I still don't trust you and if you so much as brush against my hand accidentally I will break it," Lillian informed him, remembering his ambush on her and how he had subdued her with his mind when Taylor was down on Sigma III with Lars. "We are here to save our people so pipe down and do what I say."

"Not the one in charge, but I won't touch you, I promise," Jason said with a laugh as he held his hands up in surrender and went around the medical table to where Remy was, brushing against Remy as he grabbed a data PADD with his research on it. "You might want this though, Lilly."

Lillian pointed to the table and Jason sighed, sliding it across the table to her and then looking at Remy and winking again which made Lillian make a derisive noise in her throat as Kara watched. Jason was really adept with his psionic abilities so it was hard to penetrate his defenses, but she could tell that Remy and Lillian both blamed him for mass infection so she was finding that she didn't really trust him either. Still, he was a brilliant doctor and worked with viruses so they needed his expertise.

"Don't touch her either," Lillian told Jason, pointing to Remy and then looking at the PADD she'd picked up. "You don't want to know what terrible things I will do to you."

Marlo had been isolated inside one of the science labs, and had made sure to keep everyone out she couldn't be disturbed--not when she was so close. She'd been comparing samples of the Betazed virus that she'd beamed up, with the strands of the original one that had made Lillian sick on Baicephorus VII, and realized that though the same in nature, there were distinct differences, which had been inserted to make the virus airborne, however she had been right in stating that only telepaths could catch it.

The virus was specifically designed to attach to the telepath gene, and then embed into that strand of DNA to be coded and reproduce itself on a massive scale--but Marlo was pretty sure she had an idea, one she was sure all the scientific minds had already thought of, but she knew exactly how to make the alterations, because she'd been studying these two viruses for hours. She pressed her comm badge.

"Lilly, sweetie--I'm so close to this I can feel it. It's a sister virus to the one you had before, there's no doubt about that, but it has been altered significantly. I've isolated the virus strands, but I need you to beam me a sample of your blood. You have all the right antibodies, and if I can tweak them the same way the virus has been tweaked, I just might be able to cure this thing once and for all." She said over the communicator.

<tags...yeah, I inserted myself. *pbft*>
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:36 am

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Marlo had been isolated inside one of the science labs aboard the Fenris, and had made sure to keep everyone out; she couldn't be disturbed--not when she was so close. She'd been comparing samples of the Betazed virus that she'd beamed up, with the strands of the original one that had made Lillian sick on Baicephorus VII, and realized that Lillian had been right in stating that only telepaths could catch it.

The virus was specifically designed to attach to the telepath gene, and then embed into that strand of DNA to be coded and reproduce itself on a massive scale--but Marlo was pretty sure she had an idea, one she was sure all the scientific minds had already thought of, but she knew exactly how to make the alterations, because she'd been studying the virus for hours. She pressed her comm badge.

"Lilly, sweetie--I'm so close to this I can feel it. I've isolated the virus strands, but I need you to beam me a sample of your blood. You have all the right antibodies, and if I can tweak them the same way the virus has been tweaked, I just might be able to cure this thing once and for all." She said over the communicator.

Hearing Marlo's voice was music to Lillian's ears, needing to be away from Jason and needing to get this all figured out. Besides, she knew that there was a lot riding on this and she wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. As she was looking away at Jason's research, she had seen that they'd found just how the virus was penetrating defenses in their brains and shutting it all down. It was just a matter of finding a way to stop it...

"My blood is being analyzed right now," Lillian told Marlo as she looked over the PADD that Jason had and scrunched up her nose because it was almost like he knew too much again. "Beam down here if you'd like to help because it's easier to distribute down here. We're all getting there, we just have to make sure I have the antibodies for this so we can find a way to stop this."

Jason nodded slowly. "Well, since you all have this under control then, I'm going to go ahead and head out. I'll be back, but there are more houses I need to stop by to check for infection."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:32 pm

||Betazed
||Medical Center
||TBA

Remy felt pressure on her shoulder; she saw a male hand and reacted like it was a spider. She lept back and hurried over to the other side of the medical table. After brushing the spot on her shoulder a couple times she looked up to see who was the ignoramus who touched her. Her eyes widened when she saw Jason standing there watching her. She took a few deep breaths, allowing her face to go back to its normal blank slate so as not to show emotion; but inside she was on guard. He'd been on Star Base 7 during her first arrival, when the airborne pathogen was making its way around and inducing hallucinations. Lillian and her had discussed the enigma surrounding his cure he brought, only someone who was well informed of the toxin and its workings could have produced the cure; Remy was fairly certain he was the one to introduce it into the airways.

Marlo had been isolated inside one of the science labs aboard the Fenris, and had made sure to keep everyone out; she couldn't be disturbed--not when she was so close. She'd been comparing samples of the Betazed virus that she'd beamed up, with the strands of the original one that had made Lillian sick on Baicephorus VII, and realized that Lillian had been right in stating that only telepaths could catch it.

The virus was specifically designed to attach to the telepath gene, and then embed into that strand of DNA to be coded and reproduce itself on a massive scale--but Marlo was pretty sure she had an idea, one she was sure all the scientific minds had already thought of, but she knew exactly how to make the alterations, because she'd been studying the virus for hours. She pressed her comm badge.

"Lilly, sweetie--I'm so close to this I can feel it. I've isolated the virus strands, but I need you to beam me a sample of your blood. You have all the right antibodies, and if I can tweak them the same way the virus has been tweaked, I just might be able to cure this thing once and for all." She said over the communicator.

Hearing Marlo's voice was music to Lillian's ears, needing to be away from Jason and needing to get this all figured out. Besides, she knew that there was a lot riding on this and she wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. As she was looking away at Jason's research, she had seen that they'd found just how the virus was penetrating defenses in their brains and shutting it all down. It was just a matter of finding a way to stop it...

"My blood is being analyzed right now," Lillian told Marlo as she looked over the PADD that Jason had and scrunched up her nose because it was almost like he knew too much again. "Beam down here if you'd like to help because it's easier to distribute down here. We're all getting there, we just have to make sure I have the antibodies for this so we can find a way to stop this."

Jason nodded slowly. "Well, since you all have this under control then, I'm going to go ahead and head out. I'll be back, but there are more houses I need to stop by to check for infection."

"I even have a couple ideas for distribution." Marlo said "I was thinking, I could reconfigure a couple photon torpedoes and fire them at the surface, or we could put it in the water."

There was one more option but Marlo didn't want to deploy yet another "bomb" onto the already fragile planet. She left the science labs on her way to the transporter room, her samples clutched tightly in her hand. but she stopped, unsure if she should leave in case she had to do the photon torpedo idea. What she really needed was a sample of Lilly's blood, so she turned around and headed towards sickbay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure   Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kara/Remy/Lilly/Jason/Marlo - Finding a Cure
Page 1 of 1