USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) Empty
PostSubject: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 6:11 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBD

After dishing out orders to his new Omega squad Taylor was feeling rather happy about having another crème de la crème unit under his command. While he felt jaded that SFMC headquarters had shuffled his original command from him due to the changes of the fleet protection policy, he was happy at having such a fine group to work with. Sometimes however he wish he would be able to have James, Erlin, Jenn and Arytom under his command again. Smiling at the memories of their mischief he decided to pay Gabe a visit in engineering, walking along at a rather timely pace.

Most people forgot engineers did more than run simple maintenance and repairs. They were also good at building things and having a squad rather than a company to equip meant that Taylor had more resources at his disposal. He decided to talk shop with Gabe about getting some new, tasty equipment to fill gaps in Starfleet's armoury that had bugged him for a long time.

Upon entering the engineering deck the men and women in yellow uniform glanced up before returning to their work. By now they were used to him visiting Gabe for whatever reason. This time however it was professional. More or less. "Looking for the new commander, where is he at? Or do I have to crawl through the nooks and crannies of this ship?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:25 pm

|USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBD

After dishing out orders to his new Omega squad Taylor was feeling rather happy about having another crème de la crème unit under his command. While he felt jaded that SFMC headquarters had shuffled his original command from him due to the changes of the fleet protection policy, he was happy at having such a fine group to work with. Sometimes however he wish he would be able to have James, Erlin, Jenn and Arytom under his command again. Smiling at the memories of their mischief he decided to pay Gabe a visit in engineering, walking along at a rather timely pace.

Most people forgot engineers did more than run simple maintenance and repairs. They were also good at building things and having a squad rather than a company to equip meant that Taylor had more resources at his disposal. He decided to talk shop with Gabe about getting some new, tasty equipment to fill gaps in Starfleet's armoury that had bugged him for a long time.

Upon entering the engineering deck the men and women in yellow uniform glanced up before returning to their work. By now they were used to him visiting Gabe for whatever reason. This time however it was professional. More or less. "Looking for the new commander, where is he at? Or do I have to crawl through the nooks and crannies of this ship?"

Gabe stood with Ensign Polski running a check on the warp core as he saw Taylor walk into Engineering, He quickly ran through the last of the checks, making notes on a PADD in his hand as he did so.

"Ok Ensign, looks like i have a meeting." He said with a smile, "Would have been nice if i'd had some notice but nevermind. Run a level 3 diagnosticon the intermix chamber and we'll see what pops up."

The Ensign nodded and set to work on the console, "No nooks or indeed crannies today Colonel." Gabe called from behind the warp core. He handed a PADD to the Ensign and walked over to Taylor.

"So to what do i owe this pleasure?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering
||TBD

Gabe stood with Ensign Polski running a check on the warp core as he saw Taylor walk into Engineering, He quickly ran through the last of the checks, making notes on a PADD in his hand as he did so.

"Ok Ensign, looks like I have a meeting." He said with a smile, "Would have been nice if I'd had some notice but nevermind. Run a level 3 diagnosticon the intermix chamber and we'll see what pops up."

The Ensign nodded and set to work on the console, "No nooks or indeed crannies today Colonel." Gabe called from behind the warp core. He handed a PADD to the Ensign and walked over to Taylor.

"So to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Well, I've decided to take advantage of your skills commander." said Taylor with a shrug. "Comes to my attention that we have phasers of all shapes and sizes to do all kinds of different jobs. Now with a smaller team we could be send on missions were stealth is key. As you know Starfleet really isn't big on stealth weapons. I was wondering if you could whip up something...I dunno, suppressed projectiles?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:27 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"Ok Ensign, looks like I have a meeting." He said with a smile, "Would have been nice if I'd had some notice but nevermind. Run a level 3 diagnosticon the intermix chamber and we'll see what pops up."

"Well, I've decided to take advantage of your skills commander." said Taylor with a shrug. "Comes to my attention that we have phasers of all shapes and sizes to do all kinds of different jobs. Now with a smaller team we could be send on missions were stealth is key. As you know Starfleet really isn't big on stealth weapons. I was wondering if you could whip up something...I dunno, suppressed projectiles?"

"Ah a connoisseur. Step into my office Colonel and we'll see what we can do." Gabe said, already making his way to his office.

The door slid closed behind them as Gabe stepped towards a small table set into on of the walls. He tapped a few keys and a holographic display popped into life.

"Okay. Suppressed projectiles ya say. Computer give me a pistol based on current marine sidearm specs." Said Gabe as the display changed to the marine pulse pistol, "Ok. now give me a side by side, secondary image, A gas powered projectile weapon of similar size with sound supression."

The display shunted the phaser to one side and created a crude looking pistol with an enlongated barrel.

"Ok that's the basic idea, granted it doesn't look like much at the moment but give me time and i'm sure i can have something in prototype form soon. So what ya want it to look like?"
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"Ah a connoisseur. Step into my office Colonel and we'll see what we can do." Gabe said, already making his way to his office.

The door slid closed behind them as Gabe stepped towards a small table set into on of the walls. He tapped a few keys and a holographic display popped into life.

"Okay. Suppressed projectiles ya say. Computer give me a pistol based on current marine sidearm specs." Said Gabe as the display changed to the marine pulse pistol, "Ok. now give me a side by side, secondary image, A gas powered projectile weapon of similar size with sound supression."

The display shunted the phaser to one side and created a crude looking pistol with an enlongated barrel.

"Ok that's the basic idea, granted it doesn't look like much at the moment but give me time and i'm sure I can have something in prototype form soon. So what ya want it to look like?"

The question caused Taylor to cock his head to one side as he studied the image. He instantly recognised the marine phaser which was shaped like a traditional pistol rather than the more elegant fleet design. It was a classic, a brilliant weapon. Now he looked at the other projection like someone in an art gallery giving their dues to a painting. "Think functionality overcomes fashion in this case commander." said Taylor with a smile. "I'm looking for a pistol and rifle design for close quarters and something for our designated marksman to handle."

With that in mind he decided to expand on that. "Computer, also display American M14 battle rifle and Israeli Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle." At his request the two weapons appeared beside the two pistols. Taylor then looked at Gabe with a small smile. He loved weapons, from flintlocks to phasers. From bat'leths to broadswords. If it maimed, killed or wounded he was all over it. "Some 24th century designs and materials? What would you suggest for the construction materials and the projectiles?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"Ok that's the basic idea, granted it doesn't look like much at the moment but give me time and i'm sure I can have something in prototype form soon. So what ya want it to look like?"

The question caused Taylor to cock his head to one side as he studied the image. He instantly recognised the marine phaser which was shaped like a traditional pistol rather than the more elegant fleet design. It was a classic, a brilliant weapon. Now he looked at the other projection like someone in an art gallery giving their dues to a painting. "Think functionality overcomes fashion in this case commander." said Taylor with a smile. "I'm looking for a pistol and rifle design for close quarters and something for our designated marksman to handle."

With that in mind he decided to expand on that. "Computer, also display American M14 battle rifle and Israeli Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle." At his request the two weapons appeared beside the two pistols. Taylor then looked at Gabe with a small smile. He loved weapons, from flintlocks to phasers. From bat'leths to broadswords. If it maimed, killed or wounded he was all over it. "Some 24th century designs and materials? What would you suggest for the construction materials and the projectiles?"

Gabe thought for a few seconds, measuring up the best materials to use, "For the weapon itself I'd say Tritanium, stuff's tough as nails, even you groundpounders'll have a hard time breaking 'em." he chuckled, "The rounds Nitrium may be best. I have a few things in my workshop i can try ... Gimme a few days and i should a few working prototypes for ya to try, see how ya like 'em."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 am

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

Gabe thought for a few seconds, measuring up the best materials to use, "For the weapon itself I'd say Tritanium, stuff's tough as nails, even you groundpounders'll have a hard time breaking 'em." he chuckled, "The rounds Nitrium may be best. I have a few things in my workshop I can try ... Gimme a few days and i should a few working prototypes for ya to try, see how ya like 'em."

"We don't have an active op or anything so right now it's mainly team building. Great selection. Got myself a Vulpine and an ex-Borg drone. Nayla is covering my tech skills since she was my mechanic on that ship that's still sitting in one of the shuttle bays. Still need someone to take care of heavy weapons....repeater phasers, isomag launchers that kind of thing." said Taylor with a small grin. "By the way, good job on the bomb. Might have been a dud but you did your finest work."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:37 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

Gabe thought for a few seconds, measuring up the best materials to use, "For the weapon itself I'd say Tritanium, stuff's tough as nails, even you groundpounders'll have a hard time breaking 'em." he chuckled, "The rounds Nitrium may be best. I have a few things in my workshop I can try ... Gimme a few days and i should a few working prototypes for ya to try, see how ya like 'em."

"We don't have an active op or anything so right now it's mainly team building. Great selection. Got myself a Vulpine and an ex-Borg drone. Nayla is covering my tech skills since she was my mechanic on that ship that's still sitting in one of the shuttle bays. Still need someone to take care of heavy weapons....repeater phasers, isomag launchers that kind of thing." said Taylor with a small grin. "By the way, good job on the bomb. Might have been a dud but you did your finest work."

"Glad ya think so." he said with a weak smile, "Can't believe we were dooped like that." He rubbed his temples, feeling the annoyance he'd felt during the defusing of the fake bomb rush back.

"Shame Jason didn't survive, I can think of a few things I'd have liked to ask him."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:28 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"Glad ya think so." he said with a weak smile, "Can't believe we were dooped like that." He rubbed his temples, feeling the annoyance he'd felt during the defusing of the fake bomb rush back.

"Shame Jason didn't survive, I can think of a few things I'd have liked to ask him."

"It would have happened to anyone." offered Taylor in a bitter tone at the mention of Jason's name. He hadn't liked the man from the very first moment of meeting him. At first he figured he was just some sleazy Betazoid freighter doctor but it had become more and more apparent that he was in league with Doclin and a rather dangerous man. The fact he was willing to so easily be involved in a plot that could have meant the extinction of his species only proved his resolve or madness.

"It's better that he's dead. All he would have offered were lies and half-truths. He's like Lars."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"It would have happened to anyone." offered Taylor in a bitter tone at the mention of Jason's name. He hadn't liked the man from the very first moment of meeting him. At first he figured he was just some sleazy Betazoid freighter doctor but it had become more and more apparent that he was in league with Doclin and a rather dangerous man. The fact he was willing to so easily be involved in a plot that could have meant the extinction of his species only proved his resolve or madness.

"It's better that he's dead. All he would have offered were lies and half-truths. He's like Lars."

"No argument there, maybe ya right." Gabe conseeded as he picked up a PADD from his desk, "This Doclin shite is really started to get on my wick. I'd like the idea that this guy's pulling the strings from behind his little curtain, Placing his little puppets in our midst so we're always on the backfoot."

"I've half a mind to start background checks on my own people, not that that'd turn up much i'm guessing."

He finished with the PADD and handed it to Taylor, "in the maintime, i think i can come up with a solution to ya heavy weapons problem. His name's Thaklar, Andorian with a perchance for big guns."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:11 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"No argument there, maybe ya right." Gabe conseeded as he picked up a PADD from his desk, "This Doclin shite is really started to get on my wick. I'd like the idea that this guy's pulling the strings from behind his little curtain, Placing his little puppets in our midst so we're always on the backfoot."

"I've half a mind to start background checks on my own people, not that that'd turn up much I'm guessing."

He finished with the PADD and handed it to Taylor, "In the meantime, I think I can come up with a solution to ya heavy weapons problem. His name's Thaklar, Andorian with a perchance for big guns."

Taylor barely glanced at the PADD before he placed it down with a rather sour expression on his face. The only person he wanted for heavy weapons on his squad was James Corden but he was no longer with the SFMC and any attempts to reach him had been unsuccessful. "I already have an Andorian." he said with a small sigh but then decided to add something else. "I'm picky about my heavy weapon guys alright?"

He sighed again and leaned against a nearby bulkhead before staring at the holo-images of weapons as he spoke. "Doclin is a smart man. No one part of his operation is connected to the other. I know from personal experience that he has a significant military force. We saw today he possesses at least one heavy armed starship. He's sneaky and he's smart but as soon as he got too close to us he overestimated his chances. Now I've got two of his high ranking lackeys' deaths on my belt."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"I've half a mind to start background checks on my own people, not that that'd turn up much I'm guessing."

He finished with the PADD and handed it to Taylor, "In the meantime, I think I can come up with a solution to ya heavy weapons problem. His name's Thaklar, Andorian with a perchance for big guns."

Taylor barely glanced at the PADD before he placed it down with a rather sour expression on his face. The only person he wanted for heavy weapons on his squad was James Corden but he was no longer with the SFMC and any attempts to reach him had been unsuccessful. "I already have an Andorian." he said with a small sigh but then decided to add something else. "I'm picky about my heavy weapon guys alright?"

"Fair enough, forget i mentioned it." Gabe replied, he had a feeling he knew who Taylor meant.

He sighed again and leaned against a nearby bulkhead before staring at the holo-images of weapons as he spoke. "Doclin is a smart man. No one part of his operation is connected to the other. I know from personal experience that he has a significant military force. We saw today he possesses at least one heavy armed starship. He's sneaky and he's smart but as soon as he got too close to us he overestimated his chances. Now I've got two of his high ranking lackeys' deaths on my belt."

"Yea well he's not the only smart person around here." said Gabe as he activated on of the moniters that almost completly covered three of the four walls of his office. "I've been keeping a 'scrapbook' for lack of a better term on all the incidents i've had with that guy or his lackeys."

He pulled an isoliner chip from the inside of his waistcoat and plugged it into the terminal. "I see it or hear it, i remember it, great party trick. I've transfered all that data to this chip and this chip alone, Given enough time and data i'm hoping i can either track him or at the very least understand the way he thinks. I even have some scensor data on his ship from when he attacked us directly, sure ya remember that day. He killed some of my people and he threatened my friends, i'm not going to let that slide."
Back to top Go down
Sergeni Kostev
Lance Lieutenant
Lance Lieutenant
Sergeni Kostev

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"Fair enough, forget i mentioned it." Gabe replied, he had a feeling he knew who Taylor meant.

"Yea well he's not the only smart person around here." said Gabe as he activated on of the moniters that almost completly covered three of the four walls of his office. "I've been keeping a 'scrapbook' for lack of a better term on all the incidents I've had with that guy or his lackeys."

He pulled an isoliner chip from the inside of his waistcoat and plugged it into the terminal. "I see it or hear it, I remember it, great party trick. I've transfered all that data to this chip and this chip alone, Given enough time and data I'm hoping I can either track him or at the very least understand the way he thinks. I even have some sensor data on his ship from when he attacked us directly, sure ya remember that day. He killed some of my people and he threatened my friends, I'm not going to let that slide."

"He underestimates everyone else and that is his greatest hubris." said Taylor as he looked at the terminal screen with a look of scrutiny. Gabe might have had some data about Doclin but Taylor had a feeling it was barely scratching the surface. "He thought I'd be an easy target for his hit squads, that this ship and crew would be helpless against him. Time and time again we've defeated his plots or inflicted some kind of loss against him. That should make him scared or angry, and scared or angry people make mistakes."

Stepping away from the terminal and returning to his spot against the wall Taylor remembered about how he had cut a bloody path up the chain of command to find one of Doclin's Sixes, his head lackeys that supervised his organisation. He already had two to his name and he was looking for more but they were the whet stone to sharpen the blade, Doclin was the prey. "Keep that in mind if you intend to go after him." said the marine who headed towards the door. "My advice? Be patient. A good hunter doesn't risk startling the prey before the kill. Do you need anything Gabe? Anything you want to talk about before I head off?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

||USS Fenris
||Main Engineering

"Yea well he's not the only smart person around here." said Gabe as he activated on of the moniters that almost completly covered three of the four walls of his office. "I've been keeping a 'scrapbook' for lack of a better term on all the incidents I've had with that guy or his lackeys."

He pulled an isoliner chip from the inside of his waistcoat and plugged it into the terminal. "I see it or hear it, I remember it, great party trick. I've transfered all that data to this chip and this chip alone, Given enough time and data I'm hoping I can either track him or at the very least understand the way he thinks. I even have some sensor data on his ship from when he attacked us directly, sure ya remember that day. He killed some of my people and he threatened my friends, I'm not going to let that slide."

"He underestimates everyone else and that is his greatest hubris." said Taylor as he looked at the terminal screen with a look of scrutiny. Gabe might have had some data about Doclin but Taylor had a feeling it was barely scratching the surface. "He thought I'd be an easy target for his hit squads, that this ship and crew would be helpless against him. Time and time again we've defeated his plots or inflicted some kind of loss against him. That should make him scared or angry, and scared or angry people make mistakes."

Stepping away from the terminal and returning to his spot against the wall Taylor remembered about how he had cut a bloody path up the chain of command to find one of Doclin's Sixes, his head lackeys that supervised his organisation. He already had two to his name and he was looking for more but they were the whet stone to sharpen the blade, Doclin was the prey. "Keep that in mind if you intend to go after him." said the marine who headed towards the door. "My advice? Be patient. A good hunter doesn't risk startling the prey before the kill. Do you need anything Gabe? Anything you want to talk about before I head off?"

"A real beer maybe." Gabe chuckled, "But nah i'm good for now, I have a few things to do and a date to keep."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)   Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boys will be boys (Gabe/Tay)
Page 1 of 1