USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remy/Aaron

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Remy Life
Lieutenant (T)
Lieutenant (T)
Remy Life

Remy/Aaron Empty
PostSubject: Remy/Aaron   Remy/Aaron I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 pm

|USS Fenris
|Mess Hall
|TBD

Aaron really needed nourishment that day since he had been working his ass off in Engineering. He didn't feel overworked, just exhausted. All he wanted was some good food and maybe some good conversation.

Someone who doesn't think tinkering with a hydrospanner is fun...

He wanted that more than anything else. Someone who knew nothing of his work so he could have a nice conversation that was a bit more personal.

Remy was tired from working and researching and finding any reason to stay in her office. Her stomach growled much to her chagrin. She figured she could walk into the mess hall, grab food, and go back to her office to get the remainder of things organized and put in place. She made her way to the lift to take her to the mess hall, she tapped her foot impatiently and anxiously. She didn't want to talk or interact with anyone. Her chest felt weighty again.

She walked quickly into the mess hall and went over and grabbed the first few items she saw without much consideration. She then stood and debated over drink choices for a second, not entirely sure what she wanted.

Aaron let his eyes scan the mess hall as he ate his food, his eyes landing on a really attractive brunette debating drink choices. She was breath-taking. Something about the way she carried herself was different than the others. Determined. Focused.

Getting up, Aaron headed over to her and held out his hand. "Aaron Garren...and who might you be?"

His eyes scanned up and down her frame. She was definitely attractive and her uniform fit her just right...but he was being pervy. Letting his eyes rest on his face he told himself that he was going to behave and simply talk to her. The last thing he wanted was to scare her away.

Remy stared at the hand held out in front of her. She was more shocked than annoyed that someone had approached her. She blinked a couple of minutes before registering that she was awkwardly standing there and staring at a hand. She blushed and refused to make eye contact, "Remy Life, Chief of Science." She said, lightly touching her hand to his and pulling away before registering contact. She figured he might need science work done, but looking at him she could see he was too well built and muscular to be a scientist, "Can I help you?"

Aaron smiled at her. "I'm just an engineer--no fancy title."

He put his hand down and pretended to smooth down is uniform. It wasn't a rejection, she just seemed incredibly shy and Aaron was more curious than before. She was beautiful and she was shy. He wondered if this was going to be a chase or not. He wondered if the vision in front of him had someone waiting on her...she probably did.

"Forgive me if this is forward, but...are you eating with anyone right now?" He asked her slowly, making sure not to invade her personal bubble. "I just...I'd be honored if you joined me at my table over there." He said pointing to it.

Remy took a second to take in the information. He was an engineer, handsome, and he wanted to eat with her... She felt frightened for a second, remembering the marine on Star Base and not wanting a repeat of that. But then again... He was being polite and asking...

She wasn't sure how to answer, she didn't want to be rude and decline, but she really didn't want to eat with another person right now. She was still feeling emotional and wasn't up to small talk. She started getting a little flustered, "why?" she blurted out, immediately blushing and feeling stupid for sounding obnoxious.

Aaron smiled a little bit. "I just could really use the company and you looked like maybe you could too--unless you have someplace else to be. You could be busy. I'm sorry. I just...I'd really like it if you would join me. Just something quick--you don't even have to stay very long."

Maybe it was a long shot but he really wanted to eat with her.

Remy was confused. He wanted her company, but he only just met her. Apparently she looked like she wanted company, and usually she didn't, but she was unsure. He wants her to join really badly... To be honest it sounded extremely disconcerting to her. A thought flashed through her head, is he stalking her? She couldn't help but be suspicious that he had ulterior motives. "Do you know me? I don't understand why you would eat with a perfect stranger. Please do not take offense, I really cannot handle another......" she trailed off, she'd almost said 'stalker' but stopped herself short. Her chest grew weighty, her hand started rubbing her chest subconsciously.

Aaron was starting to get the impression that he was unwelcome and he didn't want to push Remy into anything. He just wanted to eat with her, but if he was pushing, he was pushing too hard. He could try again some other time when she wasn't so visibly turned off by him. Still, he liked her. There was just something about her.

"I'm sorry, I'm pushing too hard," he told her. "I just wanted to get to know you. Its a new crew and I don't know many people. You don't have to."

He noticed her rubbing her chest.

"Are you alright? Do you need a doctor?"

Remy realized she was coming off as rude. She didn't realize he was new and didn't know anyone. She never took the time to get to know anyone so she could never tell who had been there for years and who was fresh off the shuttle. She stopped rubbing her chest and bit her lip in thought. Maybe this would get Lillian off her back...

She took a deep breath, "I'm fine, I don't need a doctor." She closed her eyes a bit, "I don't eat in the mess hall because its too noisy and crowded, I usually eat in my office. You-can-eat-there-if-you-like..." The last part she said in a rush, she didn't know if he could understand her. She blushed and looked away, contemplating making an escape...

Aaron smiled a little bit and then took a deep breath. "Are you offering to have me eat with you?"

He had to make sure those were Remy's intentions because he really didn't want to push. He wanted to eat with her and get to know her, but she had to let him. She had to tell him it was okay. If not, he'd just eat on his own again. Maybe Marissa would show up.

Remy let out a gust of air in frusteration. He really wasn't gonna make this easy for her... She could pretend she didn't invite him, but judging by his smile she was sure he knew what she was saying and it would be rude to back out....

"I'm going to walk back to my office and eat there, you can follow if you like and eat there to, its up to you" With that she turned and walked towards the lift, not checking to see if he was following.

She was kind of feisty. Aaron liked that...liked it a lot. So he got his food and he went to follow her, climbing into the lift with her with a smile on his face. He hoped she didn't think he was trying to get somewhere with her. As attractive as he found her, he wasn't one to force himself on anyone. At least not within reason.

"So, Remy...anything I should know about you?"

Remy shifted awkwardly on her feet, staring straight ahead without making eye contact with the large man next to her. She thought the Marine had been tall... he had nothing on this engineer...

"I'm not very... talkative..." She said, realizing how dumb that sounded but fact of the matter was, its true. She didn't know what to tell him without sounding like a complete moron.

He smiled at the woman and nodded. "Well, you're in luck because I am. The Chief of Security around here? That's my older sister. She's kind of molded me, I guess you can say. If there's something you want to know about the ship, I've probably got the answer."

At the same time maybe she didn't want to talk. Maybe that was a subtle hint that she'd rather take the silence.

"I think we can find some equal footing here...I like to read. What's your take on that?" He asked cautiously.

Remy pursed her lips in thought. For the most part she read science articles and files. Though in her time off she was a fan of fiction...

"I love reading..." she said in a shy whisper, "Mostly science articles.... but I like fiction when I'm not working" She blushed a bit.

The blush that rose in her cheeks made Aaron smile even more. The woman was beautiful and he was glad he hadn't scared her off. He wanted more than anything to make this work. Could he?

"I haven't read a lot of science articles, I admit--I'm more into mechanics, but I think that comes with my job." he said, winking at her. "Do you ever get out and do anything recreational?"

Remy frowned, he didn't know about her condition or what happened to her on Star Base Seven, she couldn't hold it against him for bringing up the topic, it was conversational. But she felt the weight in her chest once again, the coldness present as ever. She unconsciously began rubbing her chest.

"No I do not" She said quietly. She didn't know what else to say, she felt like she killed the conversation... like she always does...

Aaron noted the change in Remy's demeanor again and watched her rub her chest. "Hey...how about we settle into your office before we do anymore small talk? What do you say?"

She nodded appreciatively, leading him towards her office when the lift landed on her deck. She sat at her desk, "Make yourself comfortable anywhere you like." She said, spreading out her food in front of her. "what do you like to do for....er... fun" She asked, deciding that if he was going to be here she might as well work on her social etiquette.

Aaron noticed this was hard for her and so he chimed in to save her some embarrassment. "I read and tinker...annoy my sister. That kind of thing."

He shrugged and ate some food, giving her a moment to eat too. He was all right sitting in silence with her honestly. She needn't strain herself with conversation. Still, they were getting to know each other...

"You?"

Remy listened, curious about his sister when he mentioned annoying her. Was she working on Fenris as well? She saved that tidbit of information to use as a conversation opener for later if needed. She'd started saving bits and pieces of personal information on people so that she may having something to use for small talk, while it sounded stalkerish to her, it helped in the long run.

"I work a lot so I don't really have time for 'fun'. I spend a lot of time by myself." As she said it she realized she made herself out to be a workaholic and something of a spinster. She couldn't really deny it, it was the truth. "I also read a bit when I'm off work, though we already discussed that." She blushed, wanting to smack herself for sounding like such a incompetent idiot.

Aaron chuckled and then nodded. "Well I think it would be a good idea to get better acquainted with the rest of the crew, Lieutenant...maybe join us all for our recreational activities. Just avoid Lieutenant Garren, as she's kind of a downer."

He couldn't help but make fun of his sister. He loved her very much but the two of them didn't always see eye to eye and Aaron didn't want Marissa to get Remy involved in anything dangerous. Marissa lived on the cuff and Aaron already wanted to protect the beautiful woman sitting with him. If he had anything to say about it, Remy and Marissa would be the kind of friends where Marissa kept things about herself to herself.

Remy knew his offer was just him being kind, a way to get her out of her shell of sorts. But the idea of being around several people and the possibility of humiliating herself during some of these 'recreational activities' scared her witless. She never partook in recreational activities before, her condition never allowed her too. She'd always been fine with that, choosing solitude and peace over friends and rowdiness. She sighed and looked down, thinking for a second over what he said.

"I thank you for your offer, but I'm quite content with spending time on my own." She said, hoping that sounded polite and cordial. He seemed nice, she wondered if Lillian put him up to talking to her. She wouldn't be surprised, she wasn't the easiest person to talk to or get along with. Why anyone would voluntarily talk to her was a mystery to herself. "I find that crowds of people are bothersome. Recreation has never really been my forte." She said, trying to elaborate a bit.

He smiled at her. "Well the offer is always open, Remy. We can always start off just us and add onto the group later if that's better for you." He just wanted to spend time with her so he was willing to compromise. After all he didn't want to scare her off. "You're quite something, Remy Life."

Aaron smiled more and then continued to eat with her, nodding as he went.

Remy nodded, still feeling conflicted about whether she wanted to pursue a friendship or not. She figured he would probably forget about her and move on to some real friends who could do real activities that were beyond her capacity. She blushed at his comment, "I'm not really anything..." She said quietly, more to herself than him. She continued to eat in comfortable silence with him, thinking that this will hopefully appease Lillian for the time being.

<FINISHED>
Back to top Go down

Remy/Aaron
Page 1 of 1