USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC

Go down 
+6
Carlos Salazar
T'Vola
Marissa Garren
Gabriel Sharpe
Lars Janssen
Selina Karr
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC Empty
PostSubject: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:26 am

This mission is brought to you by the lovely Marlo (I had a hand with helping to figure out the murder too, lol) and it will need some help from you guys. First come first serve, but it would be nice if I could get two of you to help me with some NPCs.

- Ensign Dolliver is a female security officer, 25, red hair, green eyes and very friendly and sweet--she is also accused of murder.
- Marius Kain is male, 30, black hair, brown eyes, very sure of himself--he is also the 'witness' to the murder and native to the planet, Idriis.

I will get you more information about it, promise, if you sign up to be one of them. I was thinking of doing one myself, but I thought it would be more fun if I had a little more help with it from other people, other than my sister, aka Marlo, haha. Other than that...have fun, everyone! Especially here at the beginning, as anything goes, so have fun until I decide to have the murder go down.

Then on a different note, there is a Post Mission, but it's the wedding of Lillian and Taylor. I would love for everyone to participate and have fun with us to help us to make this Post Mission fun, exciting, and to help to christen Captain Lillian Crae, as Captain Lillian Lucas. Even Lars is invited as Megan's date if he wants to come, and I hope everyone has fun with it. ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Lars Janssen
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lieutenant Commander (G)
Lars Janssen

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Yes indeed, and I promise plenty of drama Cool
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 am

Well then, I'm doubly excited! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC STF%205
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 am

Looks great! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 pm

That's good then, wasn't too sure myself, i thought the eyes where a little bright but if ya okay with it, that works for me.
Back to top Go down
Marissa Garren
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Lieutenant Commander (Y)
Marissa Garren

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 am

I call Dolliver
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:21 am

Marissa Garren wrote:
I call Dolliver
You may have her.

May I also add that it's kind of hilarious that everyone is having sex except for the engaged couple? I kind of love it. Razz
Back to top Go down
T'Vola
Ensign (Y)
Ensign (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 am

My Creative Writing Professor said the following:

"Sex does sell, but marital intercourse can't hold a candle to premarital sex, frolicking orgies, forbidden pleasures, rough love, and steamy affairs."

From what I was taught, having an unmarried character walk around naked will bring in more attention to a story than a story about a married couple's interactions under the sheets. It's the way of the human mind for some reason I guess. Subconsciously, even the writers know this so it might be the underlying secret to why the engaged couple isn't burning up the keyboards with orgasmic prose.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 am

Translation = Sex stops after Marriage Wink
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:09 am

They have sex like every mission...he's just not here to write it with me, lol. I just thought it was funny that suddenly instead of Lilly and Taylor being the only ones doing it, they're the only ones not.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 am

Surrrrre use any excuse ya want Ky. Wink
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm

T'Vola wrote:
My Creative Writing Professor said the following:

"Sex does sell, but marital intercourse can't hold a candle to premarital sex, frolicking orgies, forbidden pleasures, rough love, and steamy affairs."

From what I was taught, having an unmarried character walk around naked will bring in more attention to a story than a story about a married couple's interactions under the sheets. It's the way of the human mind for some reason I guess. Subconsciously, even the writers know this so it might be the underlying secret to why the engaged couple isn't burning up the keyboards with orgasmic prose.
What I was taught in my writing classes was that you should never stick to the norm--you should write what you as a reader would want to read...so I tend to stray away from the 'steamy affairs' and the 'forbidden pleasures' unless it's in my comfort zone. I've actually noticed that society today thinks cheating is totally okay cause it brings in drama and that is the easiest way to piss me off and make me stop watching/reading something, lol. However, I do understand where he's coming from. Sex is the surest way to get someone to be even more invested in your things, I just also think that there are certainly times where it isn't needed in literature and yet there it is. Time and a place, you know? And pre. during and post shore leave is certainly the time and the place, lol.

Gabriel Sharpe wrote:
Surrrrre use any excuse ya want Ky. Wink
Funny as that is, I know more married people who go at it like bunnies than people who are dating that go at it like bunnies. Then again, the majority of my friends and family and I were brought up with good values...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:13 pm

*sniff*well that told me, *sniff* i try to bring humour, *cries like a child*
Back to top Go down
T'Vola
Ensign (Y)
Ensign (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Keep in mind that "Good Values" is in the eye of the beholder. In my family, we weren't taught that sex before marriage was a bad thing nor was I encouraged otherwise. When my dad sat me down to have a talk about the birds and the bee's, he was like:

"Okay... I'm not going to kick your boyfriends ass, but this -- is a condom."

I grew up with no religion, either. I found out what religion was via the end of a 14 year old fist that belonged to an outraged Christian that couldn't believe I never heard of Jesus. I later learned that members of certain religions feel that their values are the only "good values" and any values taught otherwise was "not good values".

There are nudist camps out there that some people would gawk in agony over but to the nudists, their values are just fine. Likewise, when I was at one of those camps, I once had a family come over to me and tell me I was destroying the environment because my Dad used a Styrofoam cooler and they got all up in our business because we should have used a plastic one like they were using.

What I'm trying to convey is, no matter what type of lifestyle we lead, there are people within that lifestyle that assume their poop doesn't stink and that their values are the only good values, and within the presumed "bad values" of other people, there are groups within those sets of values that pass their own judgement on other people regarding an extension of their own perception of what they consider "good values". It reminds me of that Russian Party Doll, where you open up the doll, and there's a smaller one inside, and another inside that, and so on. That's society!

I find it fascinating. Somewhere out there, there are people that want to fly things into us just becasue we're free. It's not "good values" to them lol. And we think they're crazy. Likewise, I probably think someone else is crazy subconsciously for their values, whatever they may be. It's the price of being Human. We're all nuts to someone.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Haha, while I agree with you and I wasn't being a serious hard ass at all, those "good values" aren't set up through religions. Pretty sure that wasn't what you meant to imply, but it sounded like it. There are people from all sorts of backgrounds, religious and otherwise that would agree on the same "good values". I was in no way saying it's wrong to have sex before marriage--to each his own--I was just supporting the belief that sex should be more valued than it is. It's something people take for granted and abuse and most people would tell you that...most adults, anyway. Trust me, there are plenty of non-religious people who have the same set of "values" as religious people because in the end it comes down to respect and common sense.
Back to top Go down
T'Vola
Ensign (Y)
Ensign (Y)

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Religions have strict values; each one of them. But it is true, non religious people tend to have the same values as major religions. According to my world history professor, it took many years of bloodshed for the world to equalize into an agreed set of values that we all cherish, even me! As for why those values came about is a topic of potential heated debate so I am only making mention to the tip of this iceberg. My meaning is that, regardless of how we see religious faith, at least it allowed society, most of us, to settle on a single set of "values" that we can all agree on. Otherwise, we would all be freaking out and killing our neighbors because we defied the "Sun Gods" for mowing the grass or some craziness like that. farao
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 am

Sorry I've been away and busy, guys! I will be around with Marlo to go ahead and move the mission forward sometime tomorrow after I get up. I haven't abandoned this place, I promise. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

I've had a couple health problems, but if you guys are around let me know so that we can move forward.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sharpe
Commander (Y)
Commander (Y)
Gabriel Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Still here Ky.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Hope you're feeling better now Smile
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Mostly. Finally figured out the mission to its entirety though to post, and Marlo will respond to her JP sometime this weekend in her free time. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

What free time? This week is going to kill me. :S So forgive me for being slow everyone, I'm trying. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm

And P.S. happy birthday GABE! I may not be here in five days, having a very busy week scheduled ahead of me, so I'll get it out now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Until further notice, I am NPCing Taylor. Just wanted to give you guys the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC   Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 5: "Murder in Paradise" OOC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next