USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser Empty
PostSubject: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:52 am

"Commander Bakel…a moment of your time, if I may?" he asked, somewhat apprehensively. Carlos was a bit unsure how to act around the First Officer, who didn't give off the same air of friendly openness as the captain. More professional perhaps, but still a little intimidating.

Marlo looked up from her book, which rested on her stomach as she lounged with her legs over one arm of her chair, and her head resting against the other. It was a slow day on the bridge—how did other people make it through without something to do—maybe she’d take a night shift now and again…maybe something exciting would happen like when she took the night shift in Engineering.

Marlo could’ve been getting ready for their next away mission like everyone else, but she never suited up—her idea of preparing for an away mission was to pull her long red hair into a ponytail. Besides they were collecting plants…what could possibly go wrong?

“Relax, Yeoman. I’m not going to kill you; I have enough blood on my hands already to last a lifetime. What’s on your mind?” Marlo teased—even though that comment might make her seem more intimidating—not the image she was going for but she’d take it.

<tags to Carlos>
Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 am

"Commander Bakel…a moment of your time, if I may?" he asked, somewhat apprehensively. Carlos was a bit unsure how to act around the First Officer, who didn't give off the same air of friendly openness as the captain. More professional perhaps, but still a little intimidating.

Marlo looked up from her book, which rested on her stomach as she lounged with her legs over one arm of her chair, and her head resting against the other. It was a slow day on the bridge—how did other people make it through without something to do—maybe she’d take a night shift now and again…maybe something exciting would happen like when she took the night shift in Engineering.

Marlo could’ve been getting ready for their next away mission like everyone else, but she never suited up—her idea of preparing for an away mission was to pull her long red hair into a ponytail. Besides they were collecting plants…what could possibly go wrong?

“Relax, Yeoman. I’m not going to kill you; I have enough blood on my hands already to last a lifetime. What’s on your mind?” Marlo teased—even though that comment might make her seem more intimidating—not the image she was going for but she’d take it.

-

Carlos blinked in consternation for a moment, then decided that the unnerving comment must have been Bajoran humor. Shuffling a little and adjusting his uniform collar, the noncom stared at the spot just above Marlo's head to make his report easier.

"Well ma'am, there's a clerical matter that's come to my attention, and I tried to bring it to Captain Crae's attention, but she seemed distracted. So I was wondering…can you tell me anything about these personnel transfers?" He held out a PADD with his findings. "We seem to have surplus crew aboard, primarily in the area of weapons and tactical. I did some digging, and they're all on a 'technical advisory' status." That was vague enough already, considering this wasn't a weapons research-dedicated ship.

Carlos leaned in just a little further for the next bit. "I did a little more digging, Commander, and some unofficial correspondence mentioned something about them servicing a 'phase cannon.' Now, I can't find that weapon in official Starfleet weapons specifications, and I thought at first it might be a typo for phaser or something. But it's still strange sounding, ma'am. So I was wondering…is this legitimate? Or is it a matter that's above my, um, paygrade?" He meant classified, and was fervently hoping that his nose wouldn't get cut off for sticking it into other people's business.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||1125 hours

Carlos blinked in consternation for a moment, then decided that the unnerving comment must have been Bajoran humor. Shuffling a little and adjusting his uniform collar, the noncom stared at the spot just above Marlo's head to make his report easier.

"Well ma'am, there's a clerical matter that's come to my attention, and I tried to bring it to Captain Crae's attention, but she seemed distracted. So I was wondering…can you tell me anything about these personnel transfers?" He held out a PADD with his findings. "We seem to have surplus crew aboard, primarily in the area of weapons and tactical. I did some digging, and they're all on a 'technical advisory' status." That was vague enough already, considering this wasn't a weapons research-dedicated ship.

Carlos leaned in just a little further for the next bit. "I did a little more digging, Commander, and some unofficial correspondence mentioned something about them servicing a 'phase cannon.' Now, I can't find that weapon in official Starfleet weapons specifications, and I thought at first it might be a typo for phaser or something. But it's still strange sounding, ma'am. So I was wondering…is this legitimate? Or is it a matter that's above my, um, paygrade?" He meant classified, and was fervently hoping that his nose wouldn't get cut off for sticking it into other people's business.

Marlo sat up suddenly at the mention of a phase cannon. She had gotten rid of all plans and references of that weapon there shouldn’t have been any mention of that blasted thing anymore…or so she had thought. She took the PADD with trembling hands, thinking this was her payback for ever creating such a weapon.

She scrolled down the page, and released a breath she wasn’t even aware that she was holding. It was just the one that she and Lillian had moved from the Furling, so that it could stay near Marlo…because if she left it anywhere that she wasn’t, it could be considered dangerous and irresponsible.

“The Phase Cannon, is my baby—I created it, back when I was nineteen, don’t worry about it. As for these tactical officers—I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about them even if I wanted to. I’ll look into it.” She said handing the PADD back. “However, It showed real get up and go, to bring this to my attention. Thanks, Carlos.”
Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||1125 hours

Marlo sat up suddenly at the mention of a phase cannon. She had gotten rid of all plans and references of that weapon there shouldn’t have been any mention of that blasted thing anymore…or so she had thought. She took the PADD with trembling hands, thinking this was her payback for ever creating such a weapon.

She scrolled down the page, and released a breath she wasn’t even aware that she was holding. It was just the one that she and Lillian had moved from the Furling, so that it could stay near Marlo…because if she left it anywhere that she wasn’t, it could be considered dangerous and irresponsible.

“The Phase Cannon, is my baby—I created it, back when I was nineteen, don’t worry about it. As for these tactical officers—I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about them even if I wanted to. I’ll look into it.” She said handing the PADD back. “However, It showed real get up and go, to bring this to my attention. Thanks, Carlos.”

The noncom just nodded gravely for a moment. "You think someone's taken an interest in your project then, ma'am? Maybe…it sounds like you have a better idea what's going aboard - and with good reason, of course!" he added quickly, eternally nervous around all those rank pips.

"But there's more, it seems to me, ma'am. We're also up a few auxiliary research technicians, and one damage control officer who the computer clears but who looks redundant to me," he continued, flipping through the PADD.

"Now, if this is all in support of some mission, I can clear it, but there was no explicit command approval from anyone on the ship. All I could find was a directive that got routed around and around Fleet Command so much that its source is too deep for a lowly yeoman to find. I just wanted to let someone know, Commander; at best it might be someone aboard padding the roster for their own gain, and at worst someone higher up doesn't trust the existing crew to handle this ship." He shrugged, supposing that the notification was the extent of his duties at this point, and the speculation wasn't really necessary.
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:13 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||1125 hours

“The Phase Cannon, is my baby—I created it, back when I was nineteen, don’t worry about it. As for these tactical officers—I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about them even if I wanted to. I’ll look into it.” She said handing the PADD back. “However, it showed real get up and go, to bring this to my attention. Thanks, Carlos.”

The noncom just nodded gravely for a moment. "You think someone's taken an interest in your project then, ma'am? Maybe…it sounds like you have a better idea what's going aboard - and with good reason, of course!" he added quickly, eternally nervous around all those rank pips.

"But there's more, it seems to me, ma'am. We're also up a few auxiliary research technicians, and one damage control officer who the computer clears but who looks redundant to me," he continued, flipping through the PADD.

"Now, if this is all in support of some mission, I can clear it, but there was no explicit command approval from anyone on the ship. All I could find was a directive that got routed around and around Fleet Command so much that its source is too deep for a lowly yeoman to find. I just wanted to let someone know, Commander; at best it might be someone aboard padding the roster for their own gain, and at worst someone higher up doesn't trust the existing crew to handle this ship." He shrugged, supposing that the notification was the extent of his duties at this point, and the speculation wasn't really necessary.

"Even if someone had taken an interest in the phase cannon--they'll be sorely disappointed with the lack of anything about it. I made sure of that; burned all hard copies, and the only computer files about it are in my possession and thoroughly encrypted. It would take weeks just to get past the first layer of security. I'm very cautious." Marlo admitted.

At least she had become so, after finding her old mentee in possession of a similar weapon. It had been Katsumi who had stolen her original sketch, and she was now serving time in a maximum security prison. Marlo shrugged nonchalantly. There had to be a reason for all this digging Carlos was doing, as well as a reason for the extra officers, however; this was not in Carlos' job description.

"Well this next mission is all about research, so that might explain some of it--we ARE short staffed after all--bringing in experts sounds like a fine idea to me--There's always a reason, Yeoman--and sometimes it doesn't make sense to everyone else. It's about time for me to get going though. I have to go down with the away mission. And as I said, I'll look into it when I get back--thank you for bringing it to my attention. Dismissed."

Maybe she WAS born for power.

<tags or fin?>
Back to top Go down
Carlos Salazar
Yeoman
Yeoman
Carlos Salazar

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 pm

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||1125 hours

“The Phase Cannon, is my baby—I created it, back when I was nineteen, don’t worry about it. As for these tactical officers—I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about them even if I wanted to. I’ll look into it.” She said handing the PADD back. “However, it showed real get up and go, to bring this to my attention. Thanks, Carlos.”

"Even if someone had taken an interest in the phase cannon--they'll be sorely disappointed with the lack of anything about it. I made sure of that; burned all hard copies, and the only computer files about it are in my possession and thoroughly encrypted. It would take weeks just to get past the first layer of security. I'm very cautious." Marlo admitted.

At least she had become so, after finding her old mentee in possession of a similar weapon. It had been Katsumi who had stolen her original sketch, and she was now serving time in a maximum security prison. Marlo shrugged nonchalantly. There had to be a reason for all this digging Carlos was doing, as well as a reason for the extra officers, however; this was not in Carlos' job description.

"Well this next mission is all about research, so that might explain some of it--we ARE short staffed after all--bringing in experts sounds like a fine idea to me--There's always a reason, Yeoman--and sometimes it doesn't make sense to everyone else. It's about time for me to get going though. I have to go down with the away mission. And as I said, I'll look into it when I get back--thank you for bringing it to my attention. Dismissed."

Maybe she WAS born for power.

Carlos wasn't exactly satisfied by the answer, but he knew to dismiss himself when dismissed. Snapping to attention and clicking his heels, the noncom called out a heartfelt "Yes ma'am!" before spinning around and striding off to the turbolift.

He needed to check up on some things in the Science department now.

<Post away!>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser   Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marlo/Carlos--Curiouser and Curiouser
Page 1 of 1