USS Fenris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boldly Been There, Boldly Done That

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself Empty
PostSubject: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

Marlo was not the happiest camper after the away mission; she'd been short with everyone and had been spending so much time in Engineering, she was sure Gabe was tired of seeing her by now. She'd been so blinded by anger that she hadn't even done the research she'd promised Carlos she'd do. Maybe with all the time she was spending fixing the ship after the space battle, she should look into that instead.

She marched onto the Bridge, and saw Lillian chatting with their new pilot. She didn't care; she pointed to the captain's ready room.

"Go." She ordered, a frown plastered on her face as she stared at her best friend who was sitting in muddy water at that particular moment in time.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

Marlo was not the happiest camper after the away mission; she'd been short with everyone and had been spending so much time in Engineering, she was sure Gabe was tired of seeing her by now. She'd been so blinded by anger that she hadn't even done the research she'd promised Carlos she'd do. Maybe with all the time she was spending fixing the ship after the space battle, she should look into that instead.

She marched onto the Bridge, and saw Lillian chatting with Derek. She didn't care; she pointed to the captain's ready room.

"Go." She ordered, a frown plastered on her face as she stared at her best friend who was sitting in muddy water at that particular moment in time.

Lillian didn't know what was really up, but she had an idea of what Marlo was mad about as the last mission had gone rather sour and she didn't know how to make this up to her. What exactly did Marlo know? Lillian knew that there was only one way to find out and so she went into her Ready Room and she sat down in her chair.

Folding her hands in her lap she took a deep breath. "What exactly is it, Marlo?"
Back to top Go down
https://ussfenris.forumotion.com
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:16 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

She marched onto the Bridge, and saw Lillian chatting with Derek. She didn't care; she pointed to the captain's ready room.

Lillian didn't know what was really up, but she had an idea of what Marlo was mad about as the last mission had gone rather sour and she didn't know how to make this up to her. What exactly did Marlo know? Lillian knew that there was only one way to find out and so she went into her Ready Room and she sat down in her chair.

Folding her hands in her lap she took a deep breath. "What exactly is it, Marlo?"

Marlo couldn't sit...otherwise she'd never even start this conversation, and she very much needed to clear this up. So she paced...back and forth, hands behind her back. There wasn't a good way to approach this gently so MArlo decided to jump right in.

"You betrayed my confidence, Lil. Back in the academy when I was teaching you some of the things Monty and I had discovered, you helped to commit genocide with what I taught you. I didn't want to believe it, but Marshall needed something from me and I'm pretty sure he wasn't lying. I can't just sit on this now that I know, what with what happened to my people...my aunt. So I want you to tell me now...the truth...even if you don't think I want to hear it. My Technology showing up on the radar when that colony was wiped out... was that because of you?"

Marlo stopped pacing to look at Lillian. She had to gauge her reactions, to see that she was indeed telling the truth... she wasn't all together sure if she could take it, but without knowing, she'd always end up suspicious, and things would never be the same.
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:21 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

Marlo couldn't sit...otherwise she'd never even start this conversation, and she very much needed to clear this up. So she paced...back and forth, hands behind her back. There wasn't a good way to approach this gently so Marlo decided to jump right in.

"You betrayed my confidence, Lill. Back in the academy when I was teaching you some of the things Monty and I had discovered, you helped to commit genocide with what I taught you. I didn't want to believe it, but Marshall needed something from me and I'm pretty sure he wasn't lying. I can't just sit on this now that I know, what with what happened to my people...my aunt. So I want you to tell me now...the truth...even if you don't think I want to hear it. My technology showing up on the radar when that colony was wiped out... was that because of you?"

Marlo stopped pacing to look at Lillian. She had to gauge her reactions, to see that she was indeed telling the truth...she wasn't all together sure if she could take it, but without knowing, she'd always end up suspicious, and things would never be the same.

Lillian took a deep breath when the question was presented to her because she had to try and breathe. She had a feeling that Marshall was going to try something and it hurt her more than she could say, honestly. Lillian never wanted Marlo to be against her and she had honestly wanted to be the one to tell Marlo and not have Marshall rat her out for his own damn gain.

"Back in the Academy when Marshall, Melinda and I stopped speaking it was because I found out that he had killed that med student--the one that everyone thought was a suicide in our department?" Lillian asked her, trying to jog her memory. "When I found out I was livid and I actually tried to kill him with my mind but to no avail. Melinda reminded me that it wasn't me and then I...well Marshall is powerful. He's 'Doclin'. I was blackmailed and yes...yes I used your technology, but only because he threatened my family and he could do it. He could do it now. I will not be free from him until he is dead."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:56 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

Marlo couldn't sit...otherwise she'd never even start this conversation, and she very much needed to clear this up. So she paced...back and forth, hands behind her back. There wasn't a good way to approach this gently so Marlo decided to jump right in.

"You betrayed my confidence, Lill. Back in the academy when I was teaching you some of the things Monty and I had discovered, you helped to commit genocide with what I taught you. I didn't want to believe it, but Marshall needed something from me and I'm pretty sure he wasn't lying. I can't just sit on this now that I know, what with what happened to my people...my aunt. So I want you to tell me now...the truth...even if you don't think I want to hear it. My technology showing up on the radar when that colony was wiped out... was that because of you?"

Marlo stopped pacing to look at Lillian. She had to gauge her reactions, to see that she was indeed telling the truth...she wasn't all together sure if she could take it, but without knowing, she'd always end up suspicious, and things would never be the same.

Lillian took a deep breath when the question was presented to her because she had to try and breathe. She had a feeling that Marshall was going to try something and it hurt her more than she could say, honestly. Lillian never wanted Marlo to be against her and she had honestly wanted to be the one to tell Marlo and not have Marshall rat her out for his own damn gain.

"Back in the Academy when Marshall, Melinda and I stopped speaking it was because I found out that he had killed that med student--the one that everyone thought was a suicide in our department?" Lillian asked her, trying to jog her memory. "When I found out I was livid and I actually tried to kill him with my mind but to no avail. Melinda reminded me that it wasn't me and then I...well Marshall is powerful. He's 'Doclin'. I was blackmailed and yes...yes I used your technology, but only because he threatened my family and he could do it. He could do it now. I will not be free from him until he is dead."

"It would be easier if you had come to me immediately, but you hid it for eight years. I was blaming myself for being careless with a schematic or something, but I wasn't...It was my best friend. How could you do that to me? I'm sorry he threatened your family, but tell me this...was that really a reason to help commit taal? Honestly? And would his death really stop anything? The fact that he is Doclin means his networks of contacts is huge, and even if he died--which I'd rather not have any of us turn into even bigger murderers to get revenge--I'm sure he ahs ways of setting things in motion posthumously."

Marlo braced herself against the front of Lillian's desk, with her palms flat against the edge, as she faced her across it. Why was this cycle of genocide being repeated everywhere, Cardassians, Klingons once upon a time, Marshall--what did it prove? That the galaxy hadn't changed in four thousand years?
Back to top Go down
Selina Karr
Commander (T)
Commander (T)
Selina Karr

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:13 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

"It would be easier if you had come to me immediately, but you hid it for eight years. I was blaming myself for being careless with a schematic or something, but I wasn't...It was my best friend. How could you do that to me? I'm sorry he threatened your family, but tell me this...was that really a reason to help commit taal? Honestly? And would his death really stop anything? The fact that he is Doclin means his networks of contacts is huge, and even if he died--which I'd rather not have any of us turn into even bigger murderers to get revenge--I'm sure he ahs ways of setting things in motion posthumously."

Marlo braced herself against the front of Lillian's desk, with her palms flat against the edge, as she faced her across it. Why was this cycle of genocide being repeated everywhere, Cardassians, Klingons once upon a time, Marshall--what did it prove? That the galaxy hadn't changed in four thousand years?

"It had to be done, Marlo," Lillian said simply, shaking her head. "I had no choice and while he was less terrifying then, he was still able to do terrible things--still able to commit such terrible crimes and I had no choice. I just...I didn't. How could I tell you, Marlo? How? I told you that it wasn't your fault all that time but yeah, I never told you because I couldn't. I couldn't tell you that I had betrayed you like that."

Lillian knew that nothing that she could say could make this better, but she had to explain to Marlo that she really had no choice. She was sorry--she was--but she had had to protect her family and she wanted so desperately to make this better but she knew that she couldn't. How she and Marlo were ever going to get past this she didn't even know.

"Marlo, I'm so sorry," Lillian told her honestly. "I am so, so sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Bakel Marlo
Commander (R)
Commander (R)
Bakel Marlo

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:26 am

||USS Fenris
||Bridge
||TBD

"It had to be done, Marlo," Lillian said simply, shaking her head. "I had no choice and while he was less terrifying then, he was still able to do terrible things--still able to commit such terrible crimes and I had no choice. I just...I didn't. How could I tell you, Marlo? How? I told you that it wasn't your fault all that time but yeah, I never told you because I couldn't. I couldn't tell you that I had betrayed you like that."

Lillian knew that nothing that she could say could make this better, but she had to explain to Marlo that she really had no choice. She was sorry--she was--but she had had to protect her family and she wanted so desperately to make this better but she knew that she couldn't. How she and Marlo were ever going to get past this she didn't even know.

"Marlo, I'm so sorry," Lillian told her honestly. "I am so, so sorry..."

Marlo sighed and shook her head, using the part of the desk she was half leaning over to push herself back into a standing position. She wanted everything to be okay--like nothing had ever been said to sour their friendship. She'd try to look past this.

"Give me a couple days...I'll try to wrap my head around this...but I can't process this right now. I just needed to hear the truth from you. I wish, I'd been told the truth a long time ago, but now that I know I'm going to try my best to get past this...I just need...I just need time to wrap my head around it all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself   Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marlo/Lillian-Explain yourself
Page 1 of 1